Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: The Jewish Domination Of Power.

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Netanyahoo hated Obama for distancing the U.S. from Israel and attempting to normalize relations with Iran by establishing the nuclear deal. As much as I loathe what has occurred in Libya and Syria, under Obama and through Hillary Clinton, this one move WAS a step in the right direction. Look at what has happened since then.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (12th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2017), tarka the duck (18th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I've enjoyed reading all the contributions to this thread since I was last here (and all the drama regarding Asger ).

Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Tarka,
    I am hardly anti-Jewish. However, when it comes to mainstream media, I have friends and family who have worked in MSM and who all say the same thing. You cannot criticize Israel's role in Palestine in anything you write. Why is this? I don't think 'corporatism' covers it. I DO think a pro Israeli bias covers it. And the owners of said media are Jewish people who happen to be hard core Zionists.

I understand all the points you are making and agree with you on all of them, with this exception. If you have a hard time believing me ask someone who was previously employed by mainstream media.

I want to add something important here. I am talking about owners of the media outlets and their control of content. There are many Jewish reporters and journos both here and in Israel who would love to have their viewpoints, critical of Israel, clearly and widely expressed. This is certain. Perhaps Jewish control of media was the wrong way to express this. I don't know.

Hi OG

When you say ‘the Jews control the media’, who are referring to? Those who have names that could sound Jewish?
    Those who were born into a Jewish family? Those who converted to Judaism? Those who practise Judaism? And are
    they Orthodox? Reform? Conservative? Many individual Jews who are in positions of authority are anti-Israel
    and critical of Jewish values - and many others simply don’t care about these issues.

When you state ‘the media’, are you, in fact, referring to the media in the US and Canada?

I’m assuming so, because pro-Israel bias in the media may be fairly clear to see in North America,
    where groups such as AIPAC can be effective in influencing a number of decision-making processes -
    as are hundreds of other advocacy groups such as tobacco companies. This not the case in the UK and other
    European countries - and there are thousands of media outlets around the world that positively hate
    the Jewish people and the country of Israel. Much of the Israeli press is highly critical of their own government’s
    actions and policies.

How does that fit in with the trope that 'the Jews control the media'?

To attribute US bias in support Israel to a cabal of Jews who are supposed to ‘control the media’ is to promulgate a pernicious lie that
    has been used by the Jew haters for centuries, and has led to horrific acts fuelled by hatred. Stereotypical thinking often evolves into
    more dangerous problems — prejudice, bigotry, scapegoating, defamation, discrimination, racism, and hate crimes. Myths such as Jewish
    control of the media plays right into the hands of the likes of David Duke, William Pierce, Nick Griffin, laRouche, Franco, Hitler …

The fact that many successful, high-profile people in the media business identify with being Jewish - while holding widely differing opinions
    and perspectives - is not proof of some secret Jewish conspiracy to rule the world. Jews have made an mark in virtually every field -
    mathematics, publishing, science, psychiatry, law, music, medicine, economics, human rights campaigning, engineering .... Why not the media?
    Is there a reason why Jewish people shouldn’t be involved - and succeed in - the media?

Many of the big media companies in the US were originally set up by Jews for very clear, historical reasons. Nearly all of them have since been
    sold to publicly-traded organisations. Are they still considered to be ‘Jewish-owned’? Look down the list of the 30 most powerful media companies
    in the world to see that, statistically, “Jews” do not control “the media”
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-30...e-world-2016-5

Consider these two statements:

“The Jews control the media.”
    “There are powerful and influential people in the media who identify with being Jewish.”

There is a world of difference between the two.
    Last edited by tarka the duck, 18th November 2017 at 13:32.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (18th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th November 2017), Octopus Garden (19th November 2017), Wind (18th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well now here's the thing, I don't think it's quite as simple as that. I'm sure we've all known that person who seems to run into trouble wherever they go because they keep running into the wrong person who does them dirt. After a while the question must be raised: Are this person's fortunes really that downright unfortunate, or might it be something they are doing that keeps pi**ing people off wherever they go?

...this didn't occur just out of the blue either, because some of the men folk wore funny little hats and had long beards or whatever. Things don't happen in a vacuum.
    I’m sure you don’t intend this, but you’re veering into victim blaming here, Fred. It sounds as if
    you’re saying that the Jewish people ‘brought it on themselves”.

If you look into the history of Jewish assimilation into Christian society, you’ll see that, no matter
    what the Jewish people did - whether they kept their heads down so as not to cause trouble,
    or whether they tried to integrate as far as they were permitted - when times got tough, they were blamed.

There was a repeating pattern of expulsion and invitation throughout Europe in the Middle Ages. When times
    were good and nations benefited from the present of Jews because they needed to avail themselves of the
    services they offered, Jews were encouraged to stay. When times were hard, they were first in line to be
    persecuted and excluded. There are countless examples of this throughout history: as an example -

Jews had been expelled from France in 1182 (and on several more occasions throughout the 13th Century).
    In 14th century France, Jews were more accepted in society: they were under royal protection, and some became
    tax collectors for the king - but this role was gradually taken over by powerful Italian bankers. Then, when King Philip
    needed money for his wars, and as Jews were now superfluous, he confiscated the possessions of 100,000 Jews
    (they were, by law, his chattels to do with as he wished), imprisoned them and sentenced them to exile.

The truth is that Jews were damned if they did integrate, and damned if they didn’t.
    If they integrated, they were accused of trying to infiltrate and pollute the pure blood of the nationalists.
    If they kept to themselves, they were the objects of suspicion and rumour that often led to violence.

No one deserves to be treated as subhuman, as I'm sure you'd agree. Persecutors choose to do what they do,
    and they bear the full responsibility.

The family history of Paul Warburg, one of the founders of the U.S. Federal Reserve, is a good example on the finance aspect:
    https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.p...rburg%20family

Anyway, they fled??? Even in this friendly article it says they had to flee Venice.
    Nope. That article states that they left “Following restrictions imposed on banking and the Jewish community …”

Wiki says “In 1513, del Banco was granted a charter by the Venetian government permitting the lending of money with interest.
    Del Banco left with his family after new restrictions were placed upon the Jewish community coinciding with the establishment of a Ghetto.”

It seems that they chose not to live in a city that legalised persecution of Jews, isolating them by banishing them to a ghetto
    where they were locked in at night, and had to wear distinguishing clothing, such as a yellow circle or scarf if they went into the city.
    Wouldn't you have fled such a restriction on your life?

Also, in the 1500s, Venetian banking laws reduced bank interest rates which made life difficult for the pawnbrokers and moneylenders -
    maybe that’s another reason why they left.

If you research that any deeper, you see the del Banco/Warburg family was forced to flee the country, because of ahum, basically predatory banking practices.
    Do you have a reference for your claim that they had to flee because they were financial predators?
    Banking in post Renaissance Italy was tightly regulated by the hugely powerful Italian banking families.
    Why are you so suspicious of the del Banco family?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (18th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (18th November 2017), Octopus Garden (18th November 2017), Wind (18th November 2017)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Tarka, Pro-Zionist bias, largely due to Aipac's lobby and controlling interests in mainstream media, (in North America) have utterly distorted the coverage of wars in the Middle East. There has also been an absence of mainstream coverage on the role of Saudi Arabia, another American and Israeli ally.

I would be interested to know if a newspaper of note, like the Guardian, covers the input both of these countries have on the Middle East.

Do a quick Wikipedia search for Izzy Asper and his prior ownership of 80% of Canadian print media. I believe Canwest is a private corporation, but not completely sure. Do a Tyee times search of same name and you will understand where I am coming from.

The strong affiliation for and empathy with Israel was formed post war when Israel was a true underdog, in an extreme way. Nobody could possibly argue that point. However, the perpetual victim status has given Israel a blank cheque, in modern times, to wield way more power than it should.

No country, regardless of its past, should be able to weild its history as a sort of fetish doll to ward off condemnation of reprehensible acts.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (19th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), jcocks (22nd November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    "There was a repeating pattern of expulsion and invitation throughout Europe in the Middle Ages. When times
    were good and nations benefited from the present of Jews because they needed to avail themselves of the
    services they offered, Jews were encouraged to stay. When times were hard, they were first in line to be
    persecuted and excluded. There are countless examples of this throughout history"

I didn't realize this was a repeating pattern for ethnic groups beyond the Jewish. How quickly the elements of exploitation forget their history. Another pattern that repeats, people spout all the negatives and then forget why they exist in the 1st place. People are there own worst enemies but completely incapable of accepting the responsibility.

Holy Moly are you on target:

"The truth is that Jews were damned if they did integrate, and damned if they didn’t. "

There it is in all its glory...The classic double-bind imposed by the authoritarian personality.

NAP
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 18th November 2017 at 20:05.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Octopus Garden (18th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Tarka, Pro-Zionist bias, largely due to Aipac's lobby and controlling interests in mainstream media, (in North America) have utterly distorted the coverage of wars in the Middle East. There has also been an absence of mainstream coverage on the role of Saudi Arabia, another American and Israeli ally.

I would be interested to know if a newspaper of note, like the Guardian, covers the input both of these countries have on the Middle East.

Do a quick Wikipedia search for Izzy Asper and his prior ownership of 80% of Canadian print media. I believe Canwest is a private corporation, but not completely sure. Do a Tyee times search of same name and you will understand where I am coming from.

The strong affiliation for and empathy with Israel was formed post war when Israel was a true underdog, in an extreme way. Nobody could possibly argue that point. However, the perpetual victim status has given Israel a blank cheque, in modern times, to wield way more power than it should.

No country, regardless of its past, should be able to weild its history as a sort of fetish doll to ward off condemnation of reprehensible acts.
    We could blame the Jewish owned media but I would blame the main assh*le. Isn't Rupert Murdoch identified as Jewish...he's about as Jewish as Sammy Davis Jr. was!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Octopus Garden (18th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,263 Times in 7,198 Posts
    Generalization in this regard is so simple and yet so stupid.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (19th November 2017), Octopus Garden (18th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    It is very difficult to discuss this sensitive topic with those who don't have first hand experience with what I am sadly, very familiar with. The U.S (and Canada, by proxy) angled themselves towards Israel, post war for geo-strategic reasons and oil. The mainstream media have gone along with the program, as they usually do.

The lobbying efforts of AIPAC and other groups served to shore up this support for Israel, to the point where ALL criticism of its behavior was/is considered verboten in the msm.

Do I think Murdoch is pro-Israel? No, I think he is pro- Murdoch and happens to be ethnically Jewish which has no bearing on anything. But...he is happy to play along with the msm zeitgeist. Are there others like him? Yes, probably -- so their ethnicity doesn't necessarily matter. In the case of Izzy Asper, in Canada it is/was a whole different matter.

So, out of curiosity, what exactly would you call it when you have a disproportionate number of secular Jewish people, engaged in garden variety nepotism and a certain amount of exclusivity who are participating in an industry that goes along with a government that will not criticize Israel.

I will grant you this, Tarka, using Fox News and Murdoch as an example--- it may not be a conspiracy, in the purest sense, but to many who don't understand all of its twists and turns, and intentions, it can look like one.

Read carefully what I am writing here and please control the impulse to characterize me as a bigot. I am not.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th November 2017), Chester (19th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Elen (19th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 2,602 Posts
    Well now here's the thing, I don't think it's quite as simple as that. I'm sure we've all known that person who seems to run into trouble wherever they go because they keep running into the wrong person who does them dirt. After a while the question must be raised: Are this person's fortunes really that downright unfortunate, or might it be something they are doing that keeps pi**ing people off wherever they go?
    Quote Originally posted by tarka the duck View Post
    I’m sure you don’t intend this, but you’re veering into victim blaming here, Fred. It sounds as if
    you’re saying that the Jewish people ‘brought it on themselves”.
    Once again, not the people, the banking/money lending elite that hitches a ride within the Jewish people. Not the same thing, at all. Think the money changers that the Master Yeshua supposedly drove out of the temple for ripping off the average Joe at a sacred place, the first known act of what was to later become known as anti Semitism?

There was a repeating pattern of expulsion and invitation throughout Europe in the Middle Ages. When times were good and nations benefited from the present of Jews because they needed to avail themselves of the
    persecuted and excluded. There are countless examples of this throughout history:
    Not just the Middle Ages. The more I look at this, the more the same old pattern continues. Kings need money to finance their wars, boost their economies, etc., so they cordially invite in and protect the Jewish money lenders. What seems to happen every time is that the debt becomes so insurmountable for the kings and even the lower classes, that the money lending core winds up being driven out. These were the "services" provided then, and they are the services offered now.

If one dares venture beyond Wiki type politically correct sources (and this doesn't equate to white supremacy type sources), a bigger picture begins to emerge that makes a hell of a lot more sense that just this particular people are consistently picked on for no apparent reason. Really???

Why are you so suspicious of the del Banco family?
    Besides the del Bancos/Warburgs being an old banking family in bed with the likes of families like the Medicis? Being deeply invested in IG Farben, and being credited with instituting the US Federal Reserve debt system. Other than that, I love the Warburgs Ha Ha

Seriously now, this conversation is really beginning to bore me here. A lot of peoples across this planet have an awful lot to answer for, including yours and mine, too bad there is one people that dare not be questioned, or else...

The strong affiliation for and empathy with Israel was formed post war when Israel was a true underdog, in an extreme way. Nobody could possibly argue that point.
    I'm not going to argue the point, only take it a wee bit deeper back into time.

On November 2, 1917, Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour writes a letter to Britain’s most illustrious Jewish citizen, Baron Lionel Walter Rothschild, expressing the British government’s support for a Jewish homeland in Palestine.
    http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...ur-declaration

As an aside, I intend to delve into your Canadian media and such links tomorrow.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 18th November 2017 at 23:32.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th November 2017), Chester (19th November 2017), Dreamtimer (19th November 2017), Elen (19th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), Octopus Garden (19th November 2017), pointessa (20th November 2017), sandy (20th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017), Wind (20th November 2017)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Nobody seems to be acknowledging that this topic was started by a troll, or possibly troll team, with highly-destructive intent.

Even talking publicly about this issue carries severe legal penalties in many countries.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DMt. For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), enjoy being (19th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017), Wind (20th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by DMt. View Post
    Nobody seems to be acknowledging that this topic was started by a troll, or possibly troll team, with highly-destructive intent.

Even talking publicly about this issue carries severe legal penalties in many countries.
    I think that was discussed at the outset of the thread. Although I agree somewhat in what you are saying.
    I personally have no problem with the subject in terms of the anomaly which is, the censorship of talking about, The censorship of talking about the topic regards the censorship of discussing the history of Jewish discrimination..
    There are many nations whose people have been marginalised, over thrown, killed, and they are still allowed to talk about talking about the subject! It is that bit which I find quite funny really, well in a not so funny way.

Yes the origins of this thread is a bit naff. I haven't really been following it anyway as it really doesn't interest me that much, but I just presumed it was being recycled as a display of defiance against the original intent.
    Maybe I am just a womble.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), sandy (20th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    We basically committed genocide here against the indigenous people. It's not illegal to talk about but if you start going around doing that you won't be met with friendly conversation. People don't want to talk about it or take responsibility for the current state of American Indians. It's a pretty sad state and most Americans are utterly disconnected.

I've been met with tribal attitudes from people of all shapes and sizes and colors. Weirdly, our racism and tribalism shows how similar we really are. We're all human.

It's the 'royal bloodlines' thing that hangs a lot of people up. My orthodox jewish friend has some 'royal bloodline' in her family which affects who her son can marry. And of course Corey Goode is now claiming to have 'holy bloodlines' in his family (same idea). We can see the asses that royalty, religious or monarchical, are around the world, no matter their color. They're asses. (not mules)

Jews tend to believe that they will be targeted when times become rough. Logically, it seems, they would ally with, do business with, form communities with other jews. Also, they have been shut out of many organizations and job opportunities and so they went where they could, i.e. entertainment industry.

The high school where my son went has about a 50% jewish student body and some very nice endowments from jewish families. Why is that? Because it was the only private school in Baltimore for decades that wouldn't discriminate against jews. And they showed their appreciation through their support.

It's a human thing.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), enjoy being (20th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017), Wind (20th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,125 Times in 173 Posts

It makes me wonder, with so many atrocities and episodes of genocide that have and are occurring at this very moment, why is this particular atrocity singled out for severe legal penalties for even talking about it?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pointessa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), tarka the duck (20th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks

What are you referring to?

Quote Originally posted by pointessa View Post
    It makes me wonder, with so many atrocities and episodes of genocide that have and are occurring at this very moment, why is this particular atrocity singled out for severe legal penalties for even talking about it?

If you're referring to Holocaust denial - which we're not discussing on this thread - you've misinterpreted
    laws that exist in a few European countries which experienced the Holocaust first hand.

I don't think the laws regarding genocide denial are the way to go: for me, the only way to combat such ignorance is to confront it.

But I understand why such laws exist, as part of broader legislation to combat hate speech. And it’s not to hide “the truth”.
    Neither is it down to the influence of some shadowy Jewish all-powerful Protocols-of-the-Elders cabal.

If that was the case, Holocaust denial would be illegal in the US, in Canada, in Russia, in the UK etc because all of these countries have large Jewish populations.
    And it would be legal in countries such as Lithuania, Poland and Romania where there are very small numbers of Jews (do you know why that is???).

Tell you what makes me wonder ... why people would choose to deny the suffering of fellow human beings.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

I learned some things from my Orthodox friend that I don't personally embrace, but for her, it's in the Torah. Gentiles have a secondary place in heaven, Jews get the best place. My friend had her gentile housemate act as her servant during a party with guests because that was her "sacred role".

My friend is very nice to me and she does need help because there are restrictions on doing work on Saturday and all kinds of additional restrictions during Holy Days. She offers to do mitzvahs for me and I'm pretty sure that's because she then feels she can ask me to work for her.

I can do such things for the sake of my own values but I will never be a servant nor will I ever have any kind of secondary place in heaven. And perhaps it's not really heaven if that's what the deity commands.
    Mmmm … without wanting to cast aspersions (or nasturtiums as my mum used to say), I think your friend could be telling porkies

It’s well known that there is very little in the Torah about the afterlife - and certainly nothing about who gets “the best place”.
    Judaism is very vague about what happens after death, but it’s definite on one thing: our fate is dictated by our actions, not our beliefs
    (which is very different from the laws of Christianity and Islam). The ‘righteous’ deserve a place in heaven regardless of faith.

However, as I’m neither Jewish nor a student of the Torah, so if your friend makes such a claim, maybe you could ask them for the relevant verse.
    If there is one, I’ll stand corrected.
    Last edited by tarka the duck, 20th November 2017 at 16:40.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), Wind (20th November 2017)

Retired Member
    Thanks

The Guardian is free online: you can check for yourself. Another mainstream source you might find interesting is The Independent. There is also plenty of courage about how Israel is losing the propaganda war - which doesn’t support your assertions.

I did - it seems Canwest went bankrupt in 2013. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canwest and Izzy Asper died in 2003. Or have I got the wrong person?

Powerful people have more money and influence than the powerless, and that tends to get them a better press.

Are we still so naive that we expect the media to be fair? There is bias and manipulation everywhere.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Generalization in this regard is so simple and yet so stupid.
    Your words are so simple and yet so wise

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    We basically committed genocide here against the indigenous people. It's not illegal to talk about but if you start going around doing that you won't be met with friendly conversation. People don't want to talk about it or take responsibility for the current state of American Indians. It's a pretty sad state and most Americans are utterly disconnected.

I've been met with tribal attitudes from people of all shapes and sizes and colors. Weirdly, our racism and tribalism shows how similar we really are. We're all human.

It's the 'royal bloodlines' thing that hangs a lot of people up. My orthodox jewish friend has some 'royal bloodline' in her family which affects who her son can marry. And of course Corey Goode is now claiming to have 'holy bloodlines' in his family (same idea). We can see the asses that royalty, religious or monarchical, are around the world, no matter their color. They're asses. (not mules)

Jews tend to believe that they will be targeted when times become rough. Logically, it seems, they would ally with, do business with, form communities with other jews. Also, they have been shut out of many organizations and job opportunities and so they went where they could, i.e. entertainment industry.

The high school where my son went has about a 50% jewish student body and some very nice endowments from jewish families. Why is that? Because it was the only private school in Baltimore for decades that wouldn't discriminate against jews. And they showed their appreciation through their support.

It's a human thing.
    What a great post
    Last edited by tarka the duck, 20th November 2017 at 16:44.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarka the duck For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th November 2017), Dreamtimer (20th November 2017), Emil El Zapato (28th November 2017), Wind (20th November 2017)