Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    you just had to flip on me didn't you ...yes, what you say is the ideal...but it's a globalist ideal...and could be a good one save the problem of the counter-forces. The world's bad actors that strive to undermine anything that has positive impetus...for their own demented reasons AND they don't have to make sense to anyone not even the perpetrators...hell, we can see that on this board at this very moment.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2020), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2020), Elen (23rd May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Failing to flatten the curve has resulted in the loss of more lives. Failing to manufacture more N95 masks and proper PPE has led to the loss of more lives. Failing to get good testing in order to stop the spread has cost more lives. Failing to use contact tracing effectively has cost more lives.

I'm amazed, though I should not be, that people will pretend that things like testing and contact tracing infections are bad.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2020), Elen (23rd May 2020), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Thanks
    true, DT, actually Eastern philosophers and anti-Christian elements for generations have accused Christianity for the world's obsession with materialism. I personally believe that once again, it is a misunderstanding, or even, a purposeful bastardization of true Christian ideals.

true madness, DT...no sense can be made of it, it is the nature of the void. A void ance of positive energy. jeez, what's happening to me...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2020), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2020), Elen (23rd May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Thanks
    I'm watching A Dr. Birks presentation (Trump's action team)

She was showing a graph of an outbreak in Kansas, a place called Ford Kansas. The graph showed a population of 34 thousand and a thousand cases. I knew that couldn't be correct so I looked it up. At the last census the population of Ford, Kansas was 219 people.

The graph might have been referring to the county?

Yeah, it was the county but it wasn't stated that way on the graph.

Ford County is the home of Dodge City, Kansas and they have a major beef processing plant in the county. Excel Corp, owned by Cargill, the company my brother worked for.

It's a relief that I won't be starting any Covid conspiracy theories today...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 22nd May 2020 at 18:57.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    There's no need for conspiracy theories when stuff is obvious and observable with a bit of critical thinking.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2020), Elen (23rd May 2020), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Masks: Are There Benefits or Just a Comfort Prop? Let the Facts Speak

Initially I respected the call by my local Governor in Connecticut to protect our fellow citizens. Deep down I thought it was a little foolish to mandate masks, but love all people and thought I would wear one to help others feel safer. Then, I started digging a little further into the scientific literature. I have discovered that masks are neither safe nor effective. So, as schools prepare to create policies for children returning to school in the fall, we must keep these things in mind.

Masks are Ineffective and Risky, So Stop Calling Us Selfish

[read the rest by clicking the article title above]

Commentary by Chester: I do not wear a mask. By wearing a mask, I am teaching others to be afraid. Fear is the #1 enemy of life, not COVID-19(84)™, not the democrats winning in 2020, not even death of the physical body.

Only fear itself.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    WE NEED BETTER EXPERTS: CDC Admits Coronavirus Mortality Ratio is Similar to 1957-58 Flu Pandemic Where No Lockdown Was Needed

The CDC admitted this week that the mortality ratio for the COVID-19 virus is simlar to the mortality rate of 1957-1958 flu pandemic.

https://twitter.com/andrewbostom/sta...tfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1263808424489467906&ref_url =https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2 020%2F05%2Fneed-better-experts-cdc-admits-coronavirus-mortality-ratio-similar-1957-58-flu-pandemic-no-lockdown-needed%2F

In 1957-1958 caused 1 to 2 million deaths worldwide.

From 77,000 to 116,000 died in the United States.
    The US population in 1957 was 177 million — or about half of the current population.

The coronavirus has reportedly killed 97,184 Americans mostly seniors and those with co-morbidities.
    Globally the virus has killed 337,992 individuals.

The seasonal flu this year killed an estimated 24,000 to 62,000 Americans.
    The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 die from the flu each year across the globe.

The economy was not destroyed for the flu.

[read the rest by clicking the article title above]
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Exclamation

P.S.: Chester, given that you have only recently returned to our Shire and that you may not have read all of this thread, a friendly word of warning is due. This thread is for reports about and honest discussions of the SARS-CoV-2/Covid-19 pandemic, not for knee-jerk denial (or downplaying) of the facts. You have crossed the bridge between The One Truth and Project Avalon, and over here on this side of the inter-forum meadows, we do not share the same overall vantage as over yonder.

Earlier on, two people were already banned from this thread here because they were disrupting and derailing the intended flow of communication of the thread. They had already repeatedly and explicitly been warned that we weren't going to stand for it, and yet they both persisted. A third person also had to be issued several shots across the bow before she finally got the message. Please don't make me ban you from this thread like I had to do to those other people.

Unlike at Project Avalon, where the thread ban functionality was an ad hoc modification of the vBulletin code which only prevents one from posting to a thread they have been blocked from, here at The One Truth, the thread ban functionality is a vBulletin builtin, which not only prevents one from posting to a thread they've been banned from, but also prevents them from monitoring any further exchanges on the thread. So please, don't make me have to do that to you.

In addition to the above, do please also take note that this is not censorship but moderation. There is a distinct difference, and you may proceed with your denial and post your opinions on your own thread, as well as on Aianawa's denial thread under the Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation category, but this thread here is by management decision protected against disruption and derailment, and we will remove anyone who transgresses on that decision from the discussion.

Just so you'd know.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2020), Wind (24th May 2020)

Thanks
    I saw today that the American CDC is now reporting a death rate of .4%, that's a 10-fold decrease from earlier estimates of 4%. That's a huuugggge difference. If the reports of 3.5 million cases worldwide, the new estimates would indicate that at least 35 million people have been either symptomatic or non-symptomatic with the COVID infection. Some have estimated a 10-fold higher number for cases (Chris) and they might have been correct. On the other hand, testing isn't (or hasn't been heretofore) where it could be to determine the actual numbers.

Of course, sources in the U.S. are questioning the reality of the CDC numbers...I can assure you though, no I can't...If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would be wholly consfused right now...

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Wind (24th May 2020)

Thanks
    The CDC has suddenly changed from making recommendations to making suggestions. There seems to be pressure from above to be much less aggressive in their recommendations. Political pressure no doubt.

Along with other things, Trump seems to be undermining and weakening the CDC.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The CDC has suddenly changed from making recommendations to making suggestions. There seems to be pressure from above to be much less aggressive in their recommendations. Political pressure no doubt.

Along with other things, Trump seems to be undermining and weakening the CDC.
    Of course, because he wants The Almighty Economy™ to resume its course. That's his only concern. He doesn't have an inkling of wisdom within him.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I saw today that the American CDC is now reporting a death rate of .4%, that's a 10-fold decrease from earlier estimates of 4%. That's a huuugggge difference. If the reports of 3.5 million cases worldwide, the new estimates would indicate that at least 35 million people have been either symptomatic or non-symptomatic with the COVID infection. Some have estimated a 10-fold higher number for cases (Chris) and they might have been correct. On the other hand, testing isn't (or hasn't been heretofore) where it could be to determine the actual numbers.

Of course, sources in the U.S. are questioning the reality of the CDC numbers...I can assure you though, no I can't...If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would be wholly consfused right now...
    I haven't seen those numbers, but it is important to differentiate between the Case Fatality Rate and Infection Fatality Rate, they are vastly different.

CFR= Deaths per officially diagnosed and symptomatic cases
    IFR= Deaths per estimated Infections, including asymptomatic and undiagnosed cases

So the CFR for Covid is roughly 9 percent, about the same as SARS
    but, the IFR is much lower, somewhere in the region of 0,1-0,5 percent, because there are so many undiagnosed and aysymptomatic cases. BTW, both numbers are around 50-100 times higher than similar numbers for the flu.

A typical distortion that conservative commentators make is that they compare the IFR for Covid with the CFR for flu, claiming they are similar, so no big deal. But of course the IFR can easily be 50 times higher than the IFR with such a disease, so that's hugely misleading.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (25th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    that's a good point...I tried to verify what I heard but when I went looking what I ran into was seemingly Russian sourced and I could go no further to avoid contamination. I'm not sure that I didn't misinterpret what I thought I heard...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    Here's our daily routine (Prophylaxis)

We take 1 a day - 5,000 IU D3 and 100 mcg K2

We take 3 a day (then after a month 2) - 30 mg Zinc

We take 2 a day - 500 mg raw Vitamin C

We take 1 - 2 a day 500 mg Quercetin

We take (depending on each of us as to our liking) - Melatonin in 1 and 3 mg sizes as many as we wish up to 10 - 12 mg (also this one)

Also (though none of us have acid reflux) - 1 or 2 a day 20 mg Famotidine

And we are getting tons of sun

And we are living life with a positive attitude and filled with spirit (we aren't religious). We live life as normal as "they" allow us.

We also have our new doctor. Dr. Lozano!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwZ509bPD6k

She's awesome! Had to fire our old one because "the old doctor" was politicized in "the old doctor's" treatment options. Who needs a doctor that would rather increase "the death due to COVID-19(84)™" statistic for political purposes than help increase the health in their patients?

Ohhh, and I have been taking a really great 500 mg Magnesium for almost a year now, one a day. It eliminated all hints of depression (which was sometimes bothering me).

Also - check out this link as it shows what is being recommended DEPENDING ON THE STAGE ONE IS IN (noting that one of the recommendations of Hydroxychloroquine (as optional) is in the early stage of Mildly Symptomatic patients (at home).

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub....ol-Summary.pdf
    Last edited by Chester, 25th May 2020 at 14:58.

It's just a ride

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th May 2020)

Thanks
    My step sister-in-law died yesterday from sudden cardiac arrest...I don't know how it will be classified.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2020), Chris (25th May 2020), Wind (25th May 2020)