Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    i dunno, I know corruption runs rampant in poor environments.

I've had close working relationships with 2 Nigerians and the one thing I learned is they don't seem to thrive on personal morals:
    One of them took some bio-remediation products (His sister was a physician in London) to the halls of government. He had government connections through his father. They laughed him out of the building apparently. He complained of the corruption and said his country would never evolve as long as the government had its corrupt hand out and in the pockets of the citizens. Did you watch the video I posted earlier? The Ted talks speaker is an international Global Witness and investigator (even undercover). She talks about how individual powerful Africans can sell out their country of valuable resources by collaborating with British and American banksters. It wasn't by accident that I posted that here.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (9th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I'm at work, posting on the sly. Can't watch videos.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (9th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    me too, but I'm not very sly...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (9th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The world Kindness comes from Kin, it is the special treatment and consideration you show to those that are related to you by blood. That is why multiracial/ethnic/cultural societies are always doomed to failure in the end, though they can be really powerful for a while and oppress many peoples. Just ask the Ottoman Turks, Romans, Habsburgs, Soviets, Yugoslavs and now the Americans. There no longer is a common American Nation, like there was during WW2 and this lack of ethnic and national solidarity is what is leading to its downfall. It is every tribe for themselves, a sad but inevitable end of every empire in the End.
    I assume that you're a white person as I am Chris. To me it makes no sense to say that the white, or nordic people only are my kin. When I was young, this country was already been turning into a multiracial country. Not so much as now, but I never grew up in a "white only" country. My neighbors and best friends in my childhood were muslims, there were also many ethnicities around. Asians came here way before. I grew up not differentiating between race and skin color, all I see is people. This might not be so for everyone in every country. For my father and his generation the change has probably been much harder to accept. He grew up in a culture of whites for the whites.

I would go to hell and back to protect my family, but I refuse to think in tribalistic ways. That is the old way of programming. It is "normal" for anyone to love their immediate family. Even murderers and serial killers are known to do that. You can honor and venerate your ancestry, but know that every human being is part of one global family… All of us being brothers and sisters of humanity.

As long as we cannot feel and realize that we cannot know peace and we will be doomed to repeat the violent mistakes of the past.
    Last edited by Wind, 9th June 2020 at 21:45.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (9th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The sad truth is, that with a couple of exceptions (such as Namibia or Zambia), most of the de-colonised African nations have failed. What does that tell you about the ability of African people in general to govern themselves?

Of course whitey gets the blame for this too, but the reality is that Africa was equally chaotic and lawless before colonisation, it is just reverting to its old state.

So many powerful comments all around. Thanks to all. It's wonderful. Chris, just a quick point here. The worst serial offenders, when it comes to war, war profiteering, power madness was Europe. You've described some of those dynamics, yourself. Somehow (and I am not referring to you specifically) we imagine that blacks are one race or a singular ethnicity, who can't get along with each other. And they should, because they are basically one big tribe--wrong.

There are multiple black ethnic groups living on a huge continent, who are as prone to fighting for power as much as any other group. Genetically they are much more diverse than Europeans. There are a couple of tribes living in close proximity who have less in common with each other than they may have with Asians.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...cience-africa/

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020), Wind (9th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    There are many thoughtful ideas in this thread worthy of Wisdom overseeing things.

In fact, it coulld make for a beautiful roundtable of discussion. But, only with the technology ( skype, zoom, FB messenger, google chat) so ubiquitous at this point in our internet usage.

All topics of meaning are worthy of a face to face forum. Modern tech allows that to happen from multiple continents.

Methinks most people prefer anonymity.

The anti-thesis of a community.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    There are many thoughtful ideas in this thread worthy of Wisdom overseeing things.

In fact, it coulld make for a beautiful roundtable of discussion. But, only with the technology ( skype, zoom, FB messenger, google chat) so ubiquitous at this point in our internet usage.

All topics of meaning are worthy of a face to face forum. Modern tech allows that to happen from multiple continents.

Methinks most people prefer anonymity.

The anti-thesis of a community.
    I support the idea of a conference on Zoom (or a similar platform) about this subject ─ and about other subjects as well ─ but there is always the problem of the timezone discrepancy. Something like this would have to be quite meticulously planned in advance, which in turn is at odds with the rapidly shifting political environment across the globe.

It's not easy.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I support the idea of a conference on Zoom (or a similar platform) about this subject ─ and about other subjects as well ─ but there is always the problem of the timezone discrepancy. Something like this would have to be quite meticulously planned in advance, which in turn is at odds with the rapidly shifting political environment across the globe.

It's not easy.
    I do wonder if the time zones are not clues to us as to where our primary focus might be, but that is an aside to your point.

However, as you suggest, meticulous planning in advance would be required. I like it because it balances with the gravitas one lends it.

I, for one, am curious. Always optimistic regarding possibilties.

And, I was just trying to get out of having to opine in a thread.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

It's not easy.
    I do wonder if the time zones are not clues to us as to where our primary focus might be, but that is an aside to your point.
    But then again, the events in our respective timezones all seem to be originating from the events in the USA ─ as an example, there was a Black Lives Matter protest in Brussels over the weekend. Because, like it or not, not only is the USA a military and financial-economic superpower, but its cultural influences ─ in combination with the information in our news reports, which, unlike in the USA itself, also look beyond our own borders ─ have very far-reaching consequences.

The USA has always been very proficient at exporting both its culture and its problems.

However, as you suggest, meticulous planning in advance would be required. I like it because it balances with the gravitas one lends it.

I, for one, am curious. Always optimistic regarding possibilties.

And, I was just trying to get out of having to opine in a thread.
    Well, I am open to the initiative. So long as it's not today.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Thanks
    The USA has always been very proficient at exporting both its culture and its problems.
    All of the good cultures of America are local. Closest export of true American culture is most of what is considered 'black'.

Older instances of this culture are preferred.

And, anything 'hillbilly'.

The 'export' variety of American culture is like shipping its toxic waste abroad. It is disgusting.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th June 2020), Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    I assume that you're a white person as I am Chris. To me it makes no sense to say that the white, or nordic people only are my kin. When I was young, this country was already been turning into a multiracial country. Not so much as now, but I never grew up in a "white only" country. My neighbors and best friends in my childhood were muslims, there were also many ethnicities around. Asians came here way before. I grew up not differentiating between race and skin color, all I see is people. This might not be so for everyone in every country. For my father and his generation the change has probably been much harder to accept. He grew up in a culture of whites for the whites.

I would go to hell and back to protect my family, but I refuse to think in tribalistic ways. That is the old way of programming. It is "normal" for anyone to love their immediate family. Even murderers and serial killers are known to do that. You can honor and venerate your ancestry, but know that every human being is part of one global family… All of us being brothers and sisters of humanity.

As long as we cannot feel and realize that we cannot know peace and we will be doomed to repeat the violent mistakes of the past.
    I don't subscribe to tribalism myself, just pointing out its origins.

In my experience, the poorer, less developed a country is, the more tribal its society becomes. Of course extremely wealthy and developed advanced nations (discounting the USA here for obvious reasons) don't really have this. At least, not among the native population, but you can bet your bottom dollar that immigrant communities are very tribal indeed and this is being exploited by the Left in terms of identity politics. Cue Joe BuyThem and his inane comment that if you're not voting for him "you ain't black", as if no black person could ever identify with conservative values, instead of liberal ones.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    So many powerful comments all around. Thanks to all. It's wonderful. Chris, just a quick point here. The worst serial offenders, when it comes to war, war profiteering, power madness was Europe. You've described some of those dynamics, yourself. Somehow (and I am not referring to you specifically) we imagine that blacks are one race or a singular ethnicity, who can't get along with each other. And they should, because they are basically one big tribe--wrong.

There are multiple black ethnic groups living on a huge continent, who are as prone to fighting for power as much as any other group. Genetically they are much more diverse than Europeans. There are a couple of tribes living in close proximity who have less in common with each other than they may have with Asians.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/m...cience-africa/
    True, but it's more complex than that.

Genetically speaking, the Europid race (which included Arabs, North Indians and Europeans) is a descendant of Ethiopians, with some Neanderthal admixture, which led to features such as red/blonde hair, blue/green eyes, lighter skin, freckles and a higher risk of depression. It pays to note here that Ethiopia is the only Sub-Saharan African nation that was never colonised and has managed to develop its own advanced civilisation, with its own writing system, art and its own version of the Bible and Christianity. I think it's no coincidence that their descendants, who spread North from Ethiopia to North Africa and larger parts of Eurasia, became similarly successful in building civilisations. I personally think that the hybridisation of Cro-Magnon as it encountered Neanderthals spreading North, also played a significant role.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...ive-stupidity/

Can We Survive Our Collective Stupidity?

Paul Craig Roberts

I have come to the conclusion that collectively Americans are mentally and emotionally stupid. On any given day there is endless evidence that this is the case. Just a few selections from news of the last couple of days should suffice to establish the point.

Instead of reforming police training as a rational response to George Floyd’s death from an aggressive restraint technique, the Minneapolis city council voted to disband the Minneapolis police. Council woman Lisa Bender responded to a citizen’s question what she is supposed to do if she faces a threat in her home and there are no police to call: “Yes, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors. And I know — and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege.”

In other words, the Minneapolis citizen’s concern is not legitimate and merely reflects her privileged assumption that she is entitled to protection by police. The valid concern is to protect blacks from the police by disbanding the police.

Kristina Roth of Amnesty International wrote to me in a fundraiser that “Police must stop killing black people.” What about white people, Kristina? White lives matter, too. The police shoot to death far more white people every year than black people— https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...lice-violence/ . Shouldn’t Kristina be demanding that “police must stop killing people?” Why does Kristina blame racism instead of police training? Kristina needs to read and reflect upon this: https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...-real-problem/ .

The top editor of the Philadelphia Inquirer had to resign because of the headline on a reporter’s article. The article was very sympathic to the black rioters but didn’t quite see the point of blacks destroying historic buildings in Philadelphia because of what happened to George Floyd in Minneapolis. The editor was done in by the article’s headline: “Buildings Matter, Too.” This incensed the woke morons, and despite his groveling apology the editor was removed— https://www.rt.com/usa/491122-philad...igns-headline/ . So much for “white privilege.” White newspaper editors cannot even exercise freedom of speech in the choice of headlines.

Not even editors at the New York Times, which grovels at the feet of blacks and self-righteous woke, can survive their exercise of freedom of the press—https://www.rt.com/usa/491143-nytime...esigns-cotton/ . The opinion editor and his deputy had to resign for publishing Senator Tom Cotton’s call to deploy the military to protect people and property from the rioters and looters. I am confident that the NY Times published Sen. Cotton’s article with the intention of damning Cotton for not being more sympathetic to black looters. But the woke creatures and the NY Times publisher A.G.Sulzberger removed the editors because of “the pain they inflicted.”

Pain inflicted on who? The pain inflicted on owners of businesses, buildings, and cars destroyed by rioters using violence to express their disapproval of violence? No. As Lisa Bender put it, these concerns don’t matter as they come “from a place of privilege.” Only the pain of those privileged to riot and loot counts.

As kids we used to say, “sticks and stones might break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” Today for the woke weaklings the wrong word is like a nuclear weapon. They collapse in tears and recriminations. NY Times Staffers claimed that by publishing Sen. Cotton’s article, the opinion editor had put their lives in danger by not validating looting and rioting as a valid exercise of free speech. Somehow it did not occur to Sulzberger that the protesters must not be so innocent if NY Times staffers are in fear of their lives because of a few words from a US Senator.

JK Rowling is in trouble again from the transgender freaks who reject the word “woman” as transphobic. Rowling took exception to the term “people who menstruate.” and caused “unimaginable pain” by remarking that there used to be a word for “people who menstruate”—women. https://www.rt.com/news/491077-rowling-trans-women-row/

A professor of criminology at the University of North Carolina has been denounced by the university administration for “vile and inexcusable comments,” such as “Don’t shut down the universities; shut down non-essential majors like women’s studies” —https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/pr...ams/index.html . The UNC administration says “we are very carefully and assertively reviewing our options in terms of how to proceed.” The hypocritical administration went on to say “Hateful, hurtful language aimed at degrading others is contrary to our university values and our commitment to an environment of respect and dignity. Its appearance on any platform, including the personal platforms of anyone affiliated with UNCW, is absolutely reprehensible.” What nonsense! Everyday on the UNC campus black studies professors teach students that white people are racists and slavers, and women’s studies professors demonize men as misogynists and rapists. The hypocrites that comprise university administrations never do anything about this “reprehensible, hateful, and hurtful language” aimed at white people and at men.

A retired US Navy captain had to resign from the US Naval Academy Alumni Association board after a private conversation with his wife was accidentally streamed on Facebook. The captain used the n-word and said that white men “can’t say anything.” His wife complained of Chinese who “steal all of our intellectual property.” The couple are mortified and deeply sorry to have spoken in derogatory terms “about our fellow man,” a regret that black rioters and intellectual property thiefs do not reciprocate. The alunmi association said that these private comments are “not consistent with our leadership mission.” The couple have committed themselves to “using this experience as an opportunity to grow, listen, learn, and reflect . . . and being better people”—https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/na...ook/index.html.

The groveling of Sulzberger at the NY Times, the groveling at the Philadelphia Inquirer, the groveling by the Minneapolis city council and by submissive police officers will only encourage the black violence that decades of being taught to hate white people has unleashed. As I have said so many times, a diverse, multicultural society cannot be built on hatred. If blacks today had a real leader like Martin Luther King, Jr., that leader would be protesting police violence against people irrespective of race. Such a protest would be a unifying act instead of a divisive one. People such as myself could again see hope for American society.

Perhaps women could also find a leader, and men and women could get back together in loving, mutually supportive relationships. When I read that feminists have created men who prefer plastic “sex dolls” to a flesh and blood woman with emotions and a brain, I put “#Me/Too” in the catagory of bioweapons—https://www.rt.com/sport/484358-kaza...e-coronavirus/. The body builder who is marrying a sex doll might be on a public relations trip to boost his following, but his “marriage” to a piece of plastic is credible only because relations between men and women have been so badly damaged by feminists that it is believable that he prefers a sex doll to a real woman. According to beastiality advocates, some women prefer their dog to a man.

Western civilization is collapsing because allegations from the least credible sources carry more weight than facts. Emotions have displaced facts as the basis for understanding. Emotion routinely shouts down facts. It has become commonplace in universities for distinguished authorities to be shut down because the facts are unacceptable to the ignorant woke students, backed up by a roster of administrative thought police.

Universities have abandoned their mission of searching for truth. They have become propaganda ministries that spew the acids that eat away foundations of civilization.

In Western Civilization today, the best way to destroy yourself is to stand up for truth. I am getting tired of it as support for the defense of truth is declining away.

There is a lesson for the warmonger neoconservatives in the extraordinary weakness that is now the core of Western Civilization, a civilization that is a discredited concept in every American university and is being damned again by the NY Times’ 1619 Project. It is hilarious that neoconservatives proclaimed a people as divided as the US, with the majority white population on the defensive, to be an exceptional and indispensable people.

The US armed forces are a hodgepod of men, women, lesbians, homosexuals, a racial medley, and every element in it has been instructed by Identity Politics to hate and distrust the other. Armies devoid of the homogeneity that gives unity are useless. Only a fool would put an American or any European army against Russia and China. What will be our fate if the aggressive bombast that the neoconservatives and fellow travelers such as Liz Cheney —https://www.newsmax.com/politics/liz...mpaign=newsmax —keep pumping out of Washington results in concerted Russian/Chinese action against the threat that the West is determined to portray itself to be?

The hope for humanity is that the Russians and Chinese remain patient as the West continues its collapse under the weight of its own self-hate.
    Last edited by Chris, 10th June 2020 at 08:30.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020)

Thanks
    No observer could deny that great changes (perhaps a reset?) are happening now.

Observing from the center of the storm affords one the proper frame of mind to ascertain the relentless data stream.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2020), Chris (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    No observer could deny that great changes (perhaps a reset?) are happening now.

Observing from the center of the storm affords one the proper frame of mind to ascertain the relentless data stream.
    A fourth turning probably, but it could be an entire civilisational collapse. We'll see.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th June 2020), Elen (10th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2020), modwiz (10th June 2020), Wind (10th June 2020)