Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/rude-awakening/

Rude Awakening

Now that everyone and everything not “woke” is a racist, a white supremacist, and a domestic terrorist, the mau-mauing of America is complete. The mug of strong English tea on my desk (a beverage from the worst modern colonialist nation) happens to be white. It is ashamed and disgusted by its privilege of holding captive eight ounces of a beverage-of-color. The beverage’s final indignity, of course, is to be ingested in my white body, and turned into countless chemical reactions there that benefit me while annihilating the beverage’s existence, which surely amounts to cultural appropriation, a kind of servitude, and ultimately murder! My wickedness will never be forgiven. Ironically, I drink strong English tea at 6:50 a.m. in order to get “woke.” Maybe I should switch to Yogi Detox Tea. (Warm milk would only accentuate my loathsome privilege and put me back to sleep.)

You see, I’m trying to imagine something like the thought process of the average Wokester. If the Left were a person, it would be in a locked ward by now on twenty milligrams of haloperidol QID. But we gave up on mental hospitals decades ago. So, the Left is on the loose out there in streets, threatening to “stab motherfuckers in the heart” one moment and ululating against gun violence in the next. I suppose stabbing motherfuckers in the heart is progressive because it allows you to get up-close-and-personal and share your lived experience with the motherfucker in question just prior to inserting the blade. Guns are so… white!

Pretty soon, America might have to start asking: what exactly is “progressive” about going insane? I think we’re getting close to answering that, and the answer is: nothing. The Left has managed to drain the meaning from the word “progressive.” We will not be able to take it seriously for generations to come (if there are any generations to come). The Left has applied every possible gimmick from the bad faith trick-bag to disable thinking in this republic generally, and the language that serves thinking. But its contorted maledictions are working mainly against itself as one preposterous idea after another bursts out of its collective pie-hole and into the blue-checked Twitter windows.

Speaking of “stabbing motherfuckers in the heart,” why are the “progressives” who moiled outside Senator Mitch McConnell’s house the other night not cooling their heels in a federal lock-up for threatening to assassinate a public official? That’s the usual procedure. How difficult would it be to locate them? Nobody has even asked — a peculiar development.

Twitter boss Jack Dorsey took the predictable “progressive” action of banning Senator McConnell’s election campaign account for posting a video of the very mob looking to “stab motherfuckers in the heart” outside his house. That should be good, at least, for a hearty lawsuit against Twitter that might raise the consciousness of the 23-year-old wokester myrmidons Jack Dorsey hired to pretend that their diligent bannings of non-woke Tweeters are the work of supposed “algorithms” — as well as Mr. Dorsey himself, the arrogant prick behind it all.

Any decent psychological detective can conclude why the Left, including especially the Democratic Party — formerly a pillar of our political system — has gone insane. Losing a national election two and half years ago traumatized the base. In the process, the party made the rueful discovery that it was devoid of reality-based political ideas. This prompted the adoption of reality-optional excuses for failure masquerading as political ideas: Russia did it! Trump was “Putin’s puppet.” That clinically paranoid meme, and the massive investigatory activity it provoked, ended in more failure, so profound that the party still can’t face it.

But the Democratic Party must sense that it is about to be held accountable for all that. The Deep State officials who acted out that shadow-play on its behalf, with all its seditious overtones, are about to be frog-marched into the grand juries any week now. The party itself, or at least its executive gang, the DNC, may be included in the clean-up operation. It’s really hard to see how the party survives that. Its loyal historians will probably say that some motherfucker stabbed it in the heart. More factually, the Democratic Party first lost its mind, and then committed suicide.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), modwiz (9th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I need to up my dosage
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (9th August 2019), Chris (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (9th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I need to up my dosage
    Mwahahaha...

It's a good thing I don't post anything from Ann Coulter then. Kunstler is actually a registered Democrat, just very critical of his own party and the Maoist wokesters who have taken control of the Left-Liberal agenda.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (9th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (9th August 2019), modwiz (9th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Well Chris, if that guy's a registered democrat then he doesn't know his own party very well. Yes there is the Antifa faction, the angry Twitter mob faction, and, of course the all controlling bought and paid for corporate democratic party itself which is indeed devoid of new ideas, and never seeing a war it didn't like same as the republicans, but his description sure doesn't sound much like the Bernie Sanders type progressive wing of the party.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (10th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (9th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well Chris, if that guy's a registered democrat then he doesn't know his own party very well. Yes there is the Antifa faction, the angry Twitter mob faction, and, of course the all controlling bought and paid for corporate democratic party itself which is indeed devoid of new ideas, and never seeing a war it didn't like same as the republicans, but his description sure doesn't sound much like the Bernie Sanders type progressive wing of the party.
    Well no, obviously the Sandistas are quite far to the left by US standards, there are plenty of centrists and even right-leaning people who would consider themselves Democrats. It is a very broad-based party. From my own, outsider's perspective, both parties have gone to crazy town, though in different ways. I would consider the situation at the Republican party far worse actually, the Democrats have far more sane and serious politicians, but they do seem to try and suck up to the wokester and hipster demographic, not sure why, because those people would never vote republican anyways. I believe the whole apparently left-wing rhetoric is just bluster, at heart, the DNC in particular is a stone-cold corporatist and globalist organisation that really doesn't care about the minorities it supposedly represents. Still, the rhetoric used by the Left in the entire Western World is quite concerning and doesn't inspire me with confidence. I'm also really, really tired of the collective guilt-trip that straight white males are subjected to on a daily basis, which increasingly includes legally enshrined discrimination. I thought we were really past the phase in human history, where we assign collective guilt to people based on skin colour, sex or sexual orientation. It is really disappointing how the Left is absolutely obsessed with the very thing it is supposed to be fighting against.

Some basic things need to be said, established and accepted as a basis for reality, or we can't have a common culture and society. These should be really basic things like, that there are only two biological sexes, genetically encoded, which you can't change on a whim. That your skin colour or sex does not make you collectively guilty, that you are not responsible for the crimes of your ancestors and neither can you claim recompense for any injustices that your ancestors may have been subject to. That some cultures are better than others in measurable and consistent ways and it is ok to be proud of your ethnicity, religion, nation, ancestry or whatever identity you have and no, that does not make you a fascist. I personally cannot support any politician that can't agree to these basic fundamentals of any well-functioning society, even if they are only paying lip-service to the insane rhetoric that attacks them.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Well no, obviously the Sandistas are quite far to the left by US standards, there are plenty of centrists and even right-leaning people who would consider themselves Democrats. It is a very broad-based party.
    Where did the Nicaraguan Sandinistas enter the American political landscape?

Anyway, I don't really see the disagreement here because it seems we're both saying essentially the same thing, that the democratic party is a very broad based party. But that's not what the auther of the piece is saying. It sure looks to me like he's talking about "the Left" as one single entity guilty of all these stupid ass things, of which juvenile and absurd factions of it certainly are, but there simply is no "the Left" to bitch and moan about.

Does his following quote describe say, for example, the Bernie Sanders wing of the party as I mentioned before?

If the Left were a person, it would be in a locked ward by now on twenty milligrams of haloperidol QID. But we gave up on mental hospitals decades ago. So, the Left is on the loose out there in streets, threatening to “stab motherfuckers in the heart” one moment and ululating against gun violence in the next. I suppose stabbing motherfuckers in the heart is progressive because it allows you to get up-close-and-personal and share your lived experience with the motherfucker in question just prior to inserting the blade. Guns are so… white!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (10th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (9th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    There you go Fred...the left has never been monolithic. They just aren't the type to 'walk in step'. Another old theory was that the more intelligent a person was the more likely they were to be 'lefties'. What ever happen to that bit of conventional wisdom...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Some basic things need to be said, established and accepted as a basis for reality, or we can't have a common culture and society. These should be really basic things like, that there are only two biological sexes, genetically encoded, which you can't change on a whim.
    Just filtering out this snippet for the sake of scientific accuracy. There are actually three sexes among humans (and other mammals), albeit that one of those three is relatively far less common and is considered a genetic anomaly, given that the members of that group are generally both infertile and sexually dysfunctional (in the biological sense).

• XX chromosome pairs → female
    • XY chromosome pairs → male
    • XO chromosome pairs → androgynous (hermaphrodite, although for humans the term "intersexual" is used)

There also exist other chromosome pairs that equally lead to androgyny, but those truly are genetic defects, whereas in the case of specimens with XO chromosome pairs, they are considered genetically anomalous based upon the fact that they are statistically far less prevalent than XX and XY chromosome pairs. And this statistical exception is of course the result of the fact that XOs cannot naturally reproduce, which causes the genes responsible for this particular sex to vanish from the gene pool and to only reappear as a side-effect of yet another, undefined genetic anomaly.

One particular mechanism that can (but doesn't always) lead to the birth of an androgynous mammal is the merger in the womb of the fertilized eggs of two non-identical twins before cell reproduction and differentiation begins, whereby one of the twins was male (XY) and the other one was female (XX).

However, as I said, this doesn't always lead to androgyny. David Bowie was not biologically androgynous ─ even though he was bisexual ─ but he had one blue eye and one brown eye, which was most likely the result of him having developed in the womb as the merger of two non-identical twins. I don't know whether Bowie ─ his real name was actually David Jones ─ effectively had his genetic makeup examined, but the difference in color between both eyes is one of the most common consequences of such a merger of non-identical twins in the womb.

Furthermore, identical twins are not always truly identical. I grew up with a pair of supposedly identical twin girls ─ they are one year older than I am and they are the sisters of a guy who was my age and whom I went to school with. They lived only 50 meters from our door. Apart from a small mole on the forehead of one of the girls, nobody could tell them apart. In fact, I ran into one of them a short time ago and even I still mistook her for her sister, because the mole on her forehead had vanished. But one of them ─ the one with the (now vanished) mole ─ is straight and the other one is a lesbian, and sexual orientation is genetically determined. So even though they were supposedly identical twins, they do still appear to have different genes after all.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th August 2019), Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (10th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Where did the Nicaraguan Sandinistas enter the American political landscape?
    Just a bit of a subtle dig at Sanders followers, I actually like the guy. He probably would be president now if it wasn't for the lying, cheating, Clinton crime family. I knew they were scumbags ever since Christopher Hitchens started revealing their less salacious side.

Anyway, I don't really see the disagreement here because it seems we're both saying essentially the same thing, that the democratic party is a very broad based party. But that's not what the auther of the piece is saying. It sure looks to me like he's talking about "the Left" as one single entity guilty of all these stupid ass things, of which juvenile and absurd factions of it certainly are, but there simply is no "the Left" to bitch and moan about.

Does his following quote describe say, for example, the Bernie Sanders wing of the party as I mentioned before?
    I think he is specifically referring to the far Left, the insane wokesters and maoists that preach peace but practice violence. China had a very similar situation when they were taken over by Communism, I think we should definitely be concerned.quite

As far as I know, Kunstler quite likes Sanders, though he certainly isn't a fan of the far-Left ideologues and anarchists that claim to be his supporters.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Just filtering out this snippet for the sake of scientific accuracy. There are actually three sexes among humans (and other mammals), albeit that one of those three is relatively far less common and is considered a genetic anomaly, given that the members of that group are generally both infertile and sexually dysfunctional (in the biological sense).

• XO chromosome pairs → androgynous (hermaphrodite, although for humans the term "intersexual" is used)

There also exist other chromosome pairs that equally lead to androgyny, but those truly are genetic defects, whereas in the case of specimens with XO chromosome pairs, they are considered genetically anomalous based upon the fact that they are statistically far less prevalent than XX and XY chromosome pairs. And this statistical exception is of course the result of the fact that XOs cannot naturally reproduce, which causes the genes responsible for this particular sex to vanish from the gene pool and to only reappear as a side-effect of yet another, undefined genetic anomaly.

One particular mechanism that can (but doesn't always) lead to the birth of an androgynous mammal is the merger in the womb of the fertilized eggs of two non-identical twins before cell reproduction and differentiation begins, whereby one of the twins was male (XY) and the other one was female (XX).

However, as I said, this doesn't always lead to androgyny. David Bowie was not biologically androgynous ─ even though he was bisexual ─ but he had one blue eye and one brown eye, which was most likely the result of him having developed in the womb as the merger of two non-identical twins. I don't know whether Bowie ─ his real name was actually David Jones ─ effectively had his genetic makeup examined, but the difference in color between both eyes is one of the most common consequences of such a merger of non-identical twins in the womb.

Furthermore, identical twins are not always truly identical. I grew up with a pair of supposedly identical twin girls ─ they are one year older than I am and they are the sisters of a guy who was my age and whom I went to school with. They lived only 50 meters from our door. Apart from a small mole on the forehead of one of the girls, nobody could tell them apart. In fact, I ran into one of them a short time ago and even I still mistook her for her sister, because the mole on her forehead had vanished. But one of them ─ the one with the (now vanished) mole ─ is straight and the other one is a lesbian, and sexual orientation is genetically determined. So even though they were supposedly identical twins, they do still appear to have different genes after all.

Well yes, the point being that androgyny is a genetic anomaly and in no way, shape or form a normal part of the sexual makeup of any mammalian species. I'm not sure about the prevalence of this genetic deviance, but it can't be more than 0.something percent of the whole population, therefore not statistically significant enough to make a fuss about. Most people who profess to be transgender do not actually fall into this category, they are genetically, distinctly and unmistakably male or female, just pretending otherwise and threatening those that don't want to go along with their sexual delusion with jail time. A woman in Britain has just gone to jail for this very reason. She objected on facebook that a Transgender activist took her 16-year old son to Thailand to be irreversibly castrated and called it child abuse, which it most certainly is. These days, just pointing out basic biological facts can get you jailed in the UK. I'm thoroughly disgusted with my former home. It's now actually worse than what Orwell foresaw.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

There also exist other chromosome pairs that equally lead to androgyny, but those truly are genetic defects, whereas in the case of specimens with XO chromosome pairs, they are considered genetically anomalous based upon the fact that they are statistically far less prevalent than XX and XY chromosome pairs. And this statistical exception is of course the result of the fact that XOs cannot naturally reproduce, which causes the genes responsible for this particular sex to vanish from the gene pool and to only reappear as a side-effect of yet another, undefined genetic anomaly. [...]
    Well yes, the point being that androgyny is a genetic anomaly and in no way, shape or form a normal part of the sexual makeup of any mammalian species.
    Well, yes and no. I mean, on the one hand, what is "normal", if it occurs naturally, as opposed to as the result of human intervention and genetic engineering? There are animals capable of reproducing asexually, through parthenogenesis. It hasn't been observed in mammals yet, but it has already been observed in animals as large as hammerhead sharks and monitor lizards.

And then there are many animals that are androgynous by nature. For instance, most (but not all) worms and snails are serial hermaphrodites, and some worms like the tapeworm are concurrent hermaphrodites ─ i.e. they can (and do) self-fertilize. There are also certain vertebrates that can change gender over time if the reproductive needs of the colony demand so ─ i.e. certain West-African frogs ─ and there are even certain fish that can change their gender at will, and multiple times even.

On the other hand, I will agree that generally speaking, sexual dimorphism would be the norm among humans because everything else appears to be down to some genetic defect.

I'm not sure about the prevalence of this genetic deviance, but it can't be more than 0.something percent of the whole population, therefore not statistically significant enough to make a fuss about.
    Well, I would say that those people have more reason to make a fuss about it due to the fact that up until recently, androgynous children were automatically scheduled for surgical alteration of their gender appearance without their consent, whereby they would inevitably be made to appear (and raised as) girls, even though they did not all identify with girls.

I consider this practice to be equally inhumane to genital mutilation, and therefore I think these people have more right to a political outcry than a homosexual who cannot accept their natural-born gender and chooses to voluntarily have their body altered so as to appear of the opposite gender ─ the keyword here being "voluntarily". And yet, naturally-born androgynous people are actually far less inclined to make a fuss about the whole thing.

Most people who profess to be transgender do not actually fall into this category, they are genetically, distinctly and unmistakably male or female, just pretending otherwise and threatening those that don't want to go along with their sexual delusion with jail time.
    Yes, I have to agree with that. They're making a bit too much of a riot out of the fact that they cannot make peace with their natural-born gender, and then that's the flipside of the coin: thought policing and the gratuitous application of the label "hate speech" when no hate speech was intended.

A woman in Britain has just gone to jail for this very reason. She objected on facebook that a Transgender activist took her 16-year old son to Thailand to be irreversibly castrated and called it child abuse, which it most certainly is. These days, just pointing out basic biological facts can get you jailed in the UK. I'm thoroughly disgusted with my former home. It's now actually worse than what Orwell foresaw.
    Yep, we now even have a dedicated LGBT police squad here in Belgium ─ or at least, in the Brussels region, and if the city of Antwerp doesn't have one yet, then it's only a matter of time before they do ─ whose job it is to penalize so-called gay-bashing.

I'm all for respect and human rights, but I will concede that those LGBT activists and lobbyists are pushing things more than a couple of bridges too far, and so are the governments that give in to that lobbying and start propagandizing the matter. And the mainstream media are just as despicable by milking every last penny out of the controversy, because controversy ─ any kind of controversy ─ gets them more viewers, which makes them more attractive to advertising companies.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks

Interesting about the different color eyes...I had a professor that had that characteristic. He was single? I watched a Netflix series just awhile back in which the main character had such a feature and was the ultimate evil. It was a German based series about time travel anomalies along with serial murder, incest, etc. All the good stuff.

Just a bit of a subtle dig at Sanders followers, I actually like the guy. He probably would be president now if it wasn't for the lying, cheating, Clinton crime family. I knew they were scumbags ever since Christopher Hitchens started revealing their less salacious side.

I think he is specifically referring to the far Left, the insane wokesters and maoists that preach peace but practice violence. China had a very similar situation when they were taken over by Communism, I think we should definitely be concerned.quite

As far as I know, Kunstler quite likes Sanders, though he certainly isn't a fan of the far-Left ideologues and anarchists that claim to be his supporters.
    When the commies took over China, they started mass murdering. Seriously though, that doesn't sound 'liberal' to me.

Why do we care that we can't point out that someone else's sexual 'freakiness' deserves a good ass kickin'

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th August 2019), Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Why do we care that we can't point out that someone else's sexual 'freakiness' deserves a good ass kickin'
    Just so we are clear on this, I don't think anybody deserves to have their ass kicked over having a different sexual orientation at all ─ at least, so long as we're not talking about pedophiles, flashers, people who sexually abuse animals, or something similarly disturbing ─ but you will have to agree with me that we're living in times where everyone and their dog can get upset over the slightest thing and then put pressure on the so-called liberals. And then this slightest thing, whatever it is, henceforth gets declared illegal, and then anyone wo trespasses on this new and umpteenth prohibition is subsequently met with punishment and public outcry.

That was my point, and I think it was Chris' point too, but I'll let him speak for himself.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    The U.S. is very different...we are still fighting the pretend 'free speech' thing.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th August 2019), Chris (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    With special thanks to Project Avalon moderator Cara...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (19th August 2019), Dreamtimer (19th August 2019), Elen (20th August 2019), Wind (19th August 2019)