Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Treason ? or Survival ? or Hoax ?

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    In Australia when we vote - we have to attend in person. Our name is marked off the list and we are handed voting slips and we vote. If you are not able to attend a voting location on the required date - there are methods for ensuring your vote is included.

If you fail to vote - there is a fine - around the hundred dollar mark I think.
    Same thing here in Belgium, although I believe that the obligation to go and vote has now been abolished for municipal elections. Which is of course bogus, because municipal elections are always bundled together with provincial, regional or EU-parliamentary elections, and all of those are at present time still obligatory. So you have to go and vote anyway because of those obligatory branches. Typically Belgian, of course.

Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    So ...

... why is it the most advanced country in the world has an electronic voting system?
    I think you might be misinterpreting the concept of electronic voting, Amanda. You are probably thinking of voting over the internet, but here in Belgium, we too have electronic voting, and that does not comprise voting over the internet.

One has to physically show up at the polling station ─ usually a school building ─ and then you stand in line until it's your turn. You must then hand over your identity card to one of the people sitting at a table ─ these people are citizens from a certain age group, selected by a computer, and they do not have the right to refuse either, at the penalty of a fine that runs into the thousands of Euros ─ and then you get a plastic card with a magnetic strip instead.

Then you wait until there's an available booth, upon which you then go inside the booth and close the curtain behind you. You then insert the card into the computer terminal, and you cast your vote by way of a type of light pen. You then get to see a summary of the votes you've cast in that particular election ─ as I said, you usually have to vote in different polls ─ and you confirm your vote. The computer will then print out a ticket with a QR code.

You then remove the card from the terminal and you take the ticket with you, folded in two so that the QR code is not visible. Then you walk over to a laser scanner, you scan the QR code, and after scanning, you put the ticket into a type of mailbox. And then you hand over the card to the people at the table, and they will return your identity card to you, along with your summons card for the elections, with a stamp that confirms that you've voted.

As I understand it, the computer terminals are themselves not networked. They are standalone machines that are only connected to a power outlet. The scanner that you have to scan your QR code with however is connected to a separate computer system, and the box that you put the ticket with the QR code into after you've scanned it serves as a checking mechanism ─ the number of votes in the box must correspond to the number of voters that the computer system has registered.

The one thing we do not have here and that the USA does have is voting by snail mail. One has to physically show up, or if this is not possible ─ e.g. because you are incapacitated or abroad ─ then you must let the administration know about this in advance, along with evidence regarding the reason why you cannot be present ─ e.g. a doctor's voucher ─ and in case you really do want to vote but you cannot be physically present, the name of the person you're giving the legal authority to vote in your stead. Usually this will be someone from your household.

I think that all things considered, there would be more room for cheating in the counting of the votes that were not submitted electronically. But I could of course be wrong. It's just that according to my information, the electronic voting system used in the USA would be the same ─ and from the same company ─ as what we use here in Belgium.

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Hey Vern, if the mainstream media are so bad, then how come you keep posting videos from Fox News? They may be fairly right-wing ─ just as you like it ─ but last time I checked, they were still a mainstream media corporation.

Gotta love these double standards...
    You have lost me completely Aragorn, am i only allowed to share from certain right msn corporations ?.
    You are constantly saying that the mainstream media are lying and that they are serving an agenda ─ as if your alt-right sources aren't. So why do you make an exemption for Fox News then? Could it not be because they happen to be a right-wing Republican network who are corroborating your right-wing bias?

In case you still don't understand, by posting something from Fox News ─ a mainstream media news outlet, and you say that the mainstream media are all lying ─ you are showing hypocrisy. Because if they're all lying, then how come Fox News suddenly would be a truthful information source? (Which they are not.)

I share about corruption from many sources, certain ones like pedo joe's Ukraine corruption or his sons you do not like and cnn etc will not share, so what to do but share from those willing to share the data of that corruption.
    Well, if everyone is suddenly a pedo, then what about pedo Donald's dirty laundry, and that of pedo Rudy Giuliani? Or the pedos from Qanon?

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I think both pedo Donald and pedo Rudy could be reptilian shape-shifting Satan-worshiping baby-eating communist pedos from the 56th dimension. Neither of them really appears human to me. Hmm...

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    If you thought about my post on logical thinking Aianawa, you will have noticed how 'history' is integral to the entire process:

Fox, Newsmax, and OANN report things that no other news agency in the world reports. All three have a strong history of lying for gain.

Hypothesis: Fox, Newsmax, and OANN are propaganda spreaders, we can expect more propaganda from them.
    The plethora of examples as proof are overwhelming and as such need not be spelled out here ... again
    Conclusion: It's all bullshit

Either we search for truth or we don't, The eponymous name of this forum is The One Truth (to steal a DT word and then personify its form) Sometimes conformity actually makes sense.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 23rd January 2021 at 18:43.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (23rd January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    As far as voting well in the US, the right religiously attempts to suppress votes by limiting voting locations and other accommodations such as drop boxes, etc, yet despite that in the last election a minimum of 150 million people voted. Is Australia a good analogue to voting day logistics in terms of numbers and a desire to get a true voter turnout.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Treason? Survival? Hoax? Let us see?!

Incidentally, this guy on PA was complaining about another guy (for posting the below which the complainer thoughtlessly reposted) that has been censored by whatever-his-name-is Ryan for posting polite and serious things to consider on general stuff named Trump ... The first guy re-posted this link and really should be commended/condemned for doing it. I would offer an unqualified thanks. Can people really be that clueless or is it that old 5-d chess thing again.

Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 23rd January 2021 at 18:45.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (23rd January 2021), donk (23rd January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    lets let go of Trump, too many here with TDS, and look at pedo joe's ( PJ ) track record.

Has pj lied to the usaian people in the past, that would be a better start and may help clear some traumatised minds here by taking TDS out of equation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Of course he has but I'll bet in his 78 give or takes years he hasn't told 30,000+ lies? What do you think, Aianawa?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Hardcore, calling him a pedo without proof. It's a dangerous game being played, throwing around such severe accusations.

It's the kind of thing that leads to vigilante justice, and the wrong folks getting executed.

How that kind of accusation can be so casually thrown around is beyond my comprehension.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Treason? Survival? Hoax? Let us see?!

Incidentally, this guy on PA was complaining about another guy (for posting the below which the complainer thoughtlessly reposted) that has been censored by whatever-his-name-is Ryan for posting polite and serious things to consider on general stuff named Trump ... The first guy re-posted this link and really should be commended/condemned for doing it. I would offer an unqualified thanks. Can people really be that clueless or is it that old 5-d chess thing again.

Of course those assholes hate Kody, he’s the best! I am a huge fan, this a quick clip from the one NAP posted. The “movie” he made recently is amazing, you should watch if you enjoy good sarcasm and 90’s movies

https://youtu.be/T_OgH9lbRYs
    What is the purpose of your presence?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021), Wind (25th January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    lets let go of Trump, too many here with TDS, and look at pedo joe's ( PJ ) track record.

Has pj lied to the usaian people in the past, that would be a better start and may help clear some traumatised minds here by taking TDS out of equation.
    Of course he lies, also has bad policy and loves shitty Republicans, because he pretty much is one. The ped, part...I just have to assume you are a huge pedo, i can’t figure out whatever type of person would throw it around like you do...and since you can, so can I!! Fucking pedo dipshit Verne: Biden sucks, but he’s not as disgusting as Trump and your dumb propaganda.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Wind (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    I have read your words and listened to you Donk, Your a good person. Maybe PJ is only a minor attracted person, read about them in my line of work but nude showering with his grandchildren till nine ?, may be ok in his state or city but unlikely, sniffing and hands upon children, with some pushing him away, thats in front of camera's, he been known creep for a long time, outright liar without regret n empathy, i would like to feel Donk that we could both relax and enjoy the movie together, ending soonish, may peace behold you.

Thanks
    Hey Donk,

The above post is over an hour long and does cover the 'lighter' side of Trump ... the video is another very good example of laying it out in plain language.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Hardcore, calling him a pedo without proof. It's a dangerous game being played, throwing around such severe accusations.

It's the kind of thing that leads to vigilante justice, and the wrong folks getting executed.

How that kind of accusation can be so casually thrown around is beyond my comprehension.
    Severe lol, maybe best you keep listening to your news sources and be amazed at how amazing pj is and great for all how his decision making, am sure media will paint a lovely christ like picture for you and never be any real negatives about pj, after 24/7 4 year negatives about ?, how it is not obvious for so-called mind known members here to see the corp 4 am narrative is beyond me, you will get though, we all will.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Please do not post anymore of that Fox "news" horseshit here Aianawa. If you want to poison your mind with it like you already have been doing then by all means do so, but spare the rest of us from it. Also the use of word "pedo" is not well-advised without any proof.

Trump on the other hand has a history of sexual misconducts with women:
    https://www.glamour.com/story/a-hist...sexual-assault

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (23rd January 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It sure would be nice if folks would stop accusing others of being unable to think and analyze and make determinations for themselves.

It's arrogant to assume you know what's going on in another's head.

Amazingly, arrogance leads to stupidity. People think they know what they don't. They end up losing their ability to sort out the BS.

Sad.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th January 2021), Aragorn (24th January 2021), donk (24th January 2021), Elen (24th January 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th January 2021), Wind (24th January 2021)

Thanks
    Indeed.

Hi NAP , fox etc is now poison, spose you feel they need to embrace the truth of cnn, oh and do as pj's handlers chow down too ?