Page 337 of 402 FirstFirst ... 237287327334335336337338339340347387 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    No hostility, NAP.

I sense your frustration that I am not in agreement, and consider those that do not agree as dull. And that's okay.

I do get what you say...I just don't happen to agree.

Have you thought about how we get from here to there? From self-examination and self-control to ruling the world? Can we really just 'think' our way through this?
    see, I told you so...I haven't encountered anyone I would consider 'dull' on this forum...that's why I love it...as far as agreement/disagreement well as Rodney King famously said:

"Can't we all just get along?!"

No hostility, NAP.

I sense your frustration that I am not in agreement, and consider those that do not agree as dull. And that's okay.

I do get what you say...I just don't happen to agree.

Have you thought about how we get from here to there? From self-examination and self-control to ruling the world? Can we really just 'think' our way through this?
    It would go a long way in my estimation...as someone has previously stated here: We are our thoughts...actually, I think it was we aren't our thoughts but anyway.

We have to have our thoughts...motivations before it occurs to us to storm the bastille. And I will be the guy in the 2nd or 3rd line with the pitchfork! But critically, we have to be storming with the thought that it is my brother/sister that is running beside me.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    see, I told you so...I haven't encountered anyone I would consider 'dull' on this forum...that's why I love it...as far as agreement/disagreement well as Rodney King famously said:

"Can't we all just get along?!"

I don't see where we are not getting along. I am just asserting my boundaries. I do not take kindly to being told I must follow someone else's rules or what to think.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), modwiz (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    I would be the last to blame you for that...unless you were my ex-wife, her sense of boundaries included most of the state of Texas...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Melidae (22nd May 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Now that was funny!

Thanks for the laugh.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Now that was funny!

Thanks for the laugh.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Melidae (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    All the answers...lol...here we go again...this is one I've been thinking about for awhile and it regards the rules of communication, my rules...

No one is allowed to make assumptions about my motivations because most likely you will be wrong. On the other hand, I'm allowed to make assumptions about everyone because I will most likely be right. [...]
    That's a pretty arrogant statement to make, not to mention a selfish and unfair one.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), modwiz (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That's a pretty arrogant statement to make, not to mention a selfish and unfair one.
    hahahahahaha...holy sheeit, Aragorn...that makes two people that missed the punchline...DD got it... it was a joke...it was a 'reflection' of how people tend to see me...apparently.

I feel like I"m in complete cover mode now...Are you messin' with me, yankin' my chain, teasing me... ??

incidentally, most people that know me pretty well consider my humor dry as dust...It's the Capricorn in me...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 22nd May 2018 at 15:32.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    All the answers...lol...here we go again...this is one I've been thinking about for awhile and it regards the rules of communication, my rules...

No one is allowed to make assumptions about my motivations because most likely you will be wrong. On the other hand, I'm allowed to make assumptions about everyone because I will most likely be right. [...]
    hahahahahaha...holy sheeit, Aragorn...that makes two people that missed the punchline...DD got it... it was a joke...it was a 'reflection' of how people tend to see me...apparently.

I feel like I"m in complete cover mode now...Are you messin' with me, yankin' my chain, teasing me... ??
    In that case, my apologies for the misunderstanding. But in my defense — and that of Melidae — you hadn't really dressed it up in a way that made this clear.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), modwiz (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    In that case, my apologies for the misunderstanding. But in my defense — and that of Melidae — you hadn't really dressed it up in a way that made this clear.
    I know, I was tempted but it was toooo good to pass up...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,472 Times in 10,177 Posts
    I enjoyed his x wife though lol

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    It is a game being played, Aragorn. A spiteful, slippery game. Viruses infect until the immune system 'sees' the modus operandi. We will have the Souring of The Shire until Sam, Frodo, Merry and Pippin show up.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I enjoyed his x wife though lol
    Hi Aianawa, trust me, it wasn't funny to me, especially at the time...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

incidentally, most people that know me pretty well consider my humor dry as dust...It's the Capricorn in me...
    I really like your kind of humor but it kind of needs the body language to appreciate as it depends on its reflection off "reality".

Maybe people are expecting what you said "must be" true and not a dry ironic "joke" because there is lots of that "OF COURSE I'm right! And there can only be one right in the room" going around. Anyway lots of "jokes" hide true sentiment. That is why irony is funny because we take ALL that in at once....

I read a good article about anger and social media and related to this part...

Have you ever done the “right thing”, at least according to your cognitive brain – put the knife back in the drawer, not send the email – but yet feel the burn of <insert emotion> that would consume more energy and time than you’d like? The truth is, suppressed <insert emotion> would have to come out one way or the other; some people take it out on the treadmill or worse still, clueless family and friends, some people go for therapy (like me), while others take it out online.

In most cases, people would rather sweep these emotions under the carpet than own and process them. Sweeping these emotions under the carpet however, is only a stop gap measure for keeping the peace, until comes the point of no return when “you can’t take it anymore” and having a hissing bitch fit seems the only way to get it out of your system.

Social media, knowingly or unknowingly, has the ability to expose all the chips that you’ve been carrying on your shoulder from the moment that you were born. All the slights and hurts that you’ve had to swallow or brush off from as early as you can remember, from being harassed by peers of a certain race/ gender/ religion, to being unfairly treated by an authority figure of a certain race / gender/ religion and hundreds of other incidents besides are all embedded as emotions somewhere in your psyche, ready to warn you in the in the form of a headache, a twist in the stomach or even the urge to cause physical harm whenever you come across a similar situation. While you may feel these same emotions no matter the trigger – online or offline – more often than not, you’re more likely to act on them online than when in a face-to-face interaction.https://www.sott.net/article/385852-...n-age-of-anger

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    amen to that...I know you are correct...Here's another bit of truth about me...I don't really care about being right...I mean it is a factor for all of us I would think but what is more important to me is simply being heard...with respect. If someone really disagrees, I mean really disagrees in full understanding of me, then sobeit...anyone 'perspicacious' enough to really see me then my first thought is, 'damn, they're probably speaking the truth' which means I have to do the old 'agonizing reappraisal' thing.

But is that what is going on here? I don't think so...We have plenty of 'forked' up egos running scared and hostile...None of us should have to feel that way. I just want to hear ideas, weigh them, accept or reject...I don't have to 'go after' anyone holding a different opinion (on this board). I don't hold 'videos' in the same regard, they are after all only f*cking videos. I love TV more than anything in the world.... I moved recently...it is always the first thing to a new abode and always the last thing to leave...but it is TV, as in video, would I put my TV ahead of a human being...Silly question, right? So why do we keep debating that here? My always and best and most sincere answer...I dunno?!

b.t.w. That example was pretty funny for its trueness.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018), Maggie (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I really like your kind of humor but it kind of needs the body language to appreciate as it depends on its reflection off "reality".

Maybe people are expecting what you said "must be" true and not a dry ironic "joke" because there is lots of that "OF COURSE I'm right! And there can only be one right in the room" going around. Anyway lots of "jokes" hide true sentiment. That is why irony is funny because we take ALL that in at once....

I read a good article about anger and social media and related to this part...
    Missing the punch-line.

Dodging punches is healthy. Even when they are in so called 'punchlines'. Words mean things and examining them often reveals the hidden fookery.

People act out more on line because cyber-muscles are as big as we imagine them. In real life, reality informs our responses. Most of the time.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2018), Aragorn (22nd May 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd May 2018), Elen (23rd May 2018), Kathy (22nd May 2018), Maggie (22nd May 2018)