Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini Awakening, Chakras, Enlightenment, Heaven and related matters.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Oh, we are the saviours, lol

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2019), Dreamtimer (27th February 2019), Elen (27th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th February 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I haven’t updated this thread lately, mostly because there wasn’t much to report, but I wanted to share an experience that happened to a friend of mine who I know from another forum. She was experiencing debilitating Kundalini Syndrome symptoms, so I asked the Goddess to help her. She was adamant that I tell the person in question that she was going to visit, which I did and this is what happened the next day.

In the interest of fairness, I should point out that the problem did not magically disappear, but the symptoms did improve with time. I’m told she paid several subsequent visits. I did let the person know that the Goddess will choose the form she will appear in based on her own needs and background. She has a Hindu background, but the Goddess chose two Buddhist forms for her, I suspect simply because it pleased her.

“ I had an experience today, but it was not in any way that I could have ever imagined it or even anticipated it...So I know it was the real deal.

For a week now, I have been in so much pain and the overall feeling of malaise and total fatigue has been incredible. Even getting up to use the bathroom tires me out so much that I need to sleep for a while to get over the slightest physical exertion.

Today, I just had enough... I lost the will to keep going on and I laid down on my bed with a "if you're going to kill me, could we please do this quickly rather than slowly...Just get it over with...I am totally over all this suffering and want an end to it...NOW!" and I just closed my eyes and slowed down my breathing, preparing for the journey.

The next thing I knew, I was looking at a bright light through my closed eyelids...It looked like I was staring straight into the sun... but it was almost like an electric blue in colour..in a purple sky, with black clouds...So, I said, in my mind... "Is that you, Inanna?" and I heard a giggle...like a small child laughing playfully... and the brightness of the electric sun in my Ajna Chakra intensified.

So, I formed a mental image of the Goddess Durga riding the tiger and said "Do you look like this?" ...and there was no reply. So I formed another mental image of the Goddess Kali and went "what about this then?" Then, she laughed and went "no, silly...I don't look anything like that"...So I said "okay then, what do you look like? What shall I call you?"

Then, she said "for you, my name is Tara and I look like this..."
    *see the pictures of the green Tara on the internet*

Then she said "I can also look like this if you want me to and you can call me Kwan Yin...The female Bodhisattva of Compassion" and she became like a glorious, graceful white Asian babe in flowing golden robes...

Anyway, not much happened after that.. but she asked me to relax and I was bathed in a greenish turquoise light...hard to describe the colour of it..

I felt very peaceful, but there was no noticeable difference in my physical health once I regained normal waking consciousness, but I also realise that this will take time. “

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2019), Aragorn (23rd April 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2019), Elen (23rd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Keep us updated. I'd love to know how she does going forward.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2019), Aragorn (23rd April 2019), Chris (23rd April 2019), Elen (23rd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd April 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Continuing with the Theme of Kundalini, one phenomenon I did not discuss yet, is Shaktipat. This is when someone who has already raised their own Kundalini, passes on the gift to others. I was a bit sceptical whether this is even possible, but then someone on another forum asked me to try and raise their Kundalini remotely and to my great surprise, it worked. All I had from them was a photo and I proceeded to open up the central channel Sushumna and the Chakras along the way, much like I would when performing energy healing on someone, but this time, the objective was to clear the path for the Kundalini serpent to rise. When I connect to someone energetically, there is a very clear and noticeable flow of energy from myself to the person in question. In this case, the person had a clear idea of what they wanted to achieve and even sent me illustrations from Reiki and Tummo handbooks on how I should direct the energy flow. At first, they didn’t notice anything, but a couple of hours later, the effects started to show. Here are a few excerpts from the messages I received after I performed the Shaktipat:

“have to say I have felt it, it is amazing thank you. Heavenly bliss, and it helped my mood “

“ I had a weird thing happen to me. One day after you raised my kundalini, I was bored and sitting on a couch and for some reason I decided to say something like "mother kundalini, please help me with my anxiety" and I said a few things like that. And I experienced some spontaneous kriya like movements and I tilted my head backwards or something like that, I don't remember. And about 20 minutes after that, I noticed that kundalini was "helping" me somehow with my daily emotional bullshit, I use the word because that seems to be the right term, I was just getting angry over my mom yelling at me, and the kundalini or some energy I felt sent me a "healing impulse" the best I can explain it is, it enveloped the negative emotion and made me feel self love. And later on as I went about my day I had some minor anxiety issues that I usually struggle with, and once again the kundalini sent me an impulse to try to slowly face the anxiety, but when I wasn't able to , once again it told me to love myself anyways, the last example I'll use is I was walking down the street and felt depressed when I saw a happy couple being together while I am currently not in a relationship, and it told me the same thing, to love myself . “

It must also be said that after I performed the Shaktipat on this person, Green Tara came to me during meditation and I asked her to finish what I have started as I wasn’t sure whether it would stick. I cannot separate my own efforts from whatever she may have done, but the two are intertwined anyways, since Tara is a manifestation of Kundalini Shakti, as most goddesses are.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2019), Aragorn (24th April 2019), Dreamtimer (7th May 2019), Elen (25th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Keep us updated. I'd love to know how she does going forward.
    My aim was not actually to provide healing, but rather spiritual help, though the two are sometimes linked. The person in question has been practicing pretty severe austerities to raise her Kundalini for decades, in this respect she is much more advanced and knowledgeable than I am. I know a little bit about Hinduism and Tantra, not a whole lot compared to her. She is a genuine expert with a lineage in Balinese Hinduism going back centuries.

The one element that was missing and I sensed this intuitively, was a personal connection to the Goddess, divine Grace if you will. In such cases I merely act as an instrument, she sees through my eyes and will spot people that she thinks she can help. I have to be well-balanced, free of distractions and with a free-flowing unblocked Kundalini energy to be able to do this.

As soon as I am distracted, stressed-out or obsessed by material things, I lose my ability to interact with the divine. Because of this, I have to lead a very simple life, free of distractions and material possessions.

I recently bought a scooter to be able to better commute to work, and my connection to the divine was disrupted for several weeks. I turned my attention to a material object and the consequences were pretty significant, I was unable to help people or do any sort of healing for weeks. This also happened around Christmas, when I bought an electronic gadget and was similarly distracted for several weeks.

Leading the sort of life that I do is very hard, because you have to simplify your life to the bone and remove all distractions. Generally speaking, most people have a natural connection with Heaven, which they lose over time, by distracting themselves with material things.

The person in question is no longer active on that forum, but I believe she is doing fine. Partly as a result of her experiences with the Buddhist forms of the Goddess (Tara and Quan Yin), she decided to join a Buddhist University and dedicate her next few years to studying Buddhism in a more serious and in-depth manner.
    Last edited by Chris, 7th May 2019 at 10:02.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2019), Aragorn (7th May 2019), Dreamtimer (7th May 2019), Elen (7th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2019)

Thanks
    Material distractions are almost impossible to ignore in this material world. I'm impressed that you can do it at all.

I go out into nature to keep connected and keep my perspective in a sane place.

I also find that making things by hand keeps me grounded, so to speak.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th May 2019), Aragorn (7th May 2019), Chris (7th May 2019), Elen (7th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Material distractions are almost impossible to ignore in this material world. I'm impressed that you can do it at all.

I go out into nature to keep connected and keep my perspective in a sane place.

I also find that making things by hand keeps me grounded, so to speak.
    It’s very hard DT, and I don’t always manage it. Usually, there are periods where I can remain free from material distractions, but they don’t last. I live in a very simple studio apartment and have no material possessions to speak of. I avoid people with a materialistic mindset, which is most of them. I still have to work and pay my bills, but outside work I try to keep myself balanced. Like you, I also try to spend time in nature, which helps enormously.

I rarely go out, except for the occasional meal and I don’t engage in any sort of sexual activity. That may be strange to most people, but as is often the case with an awakened Kundalini, all my sexual energy is diverted into my brain, for spiritual purposes. This of course means having no family of my own, or any dating for that matter. Again, most people would struggle to believe or accept this in our hypersexualised world, but I no longer have erections, produce any seminal fluid or have the slightest interest in women and/or sex.

This means I have nothing in common with the vast majority of people and I avoid social interaction with most of them, wherever possible. I keep in touch with a few like-minded people and post on forums, but that’s really it. This is very different from how I lived in my twenties, where I went out almost every day and had a huge circle of friends. I decided to give up all that for Spirit.

It is a huge sacrifice, but it was necessary, to stay alive and keep my sanity intact. According to Gopi Krishna, after a Kundalini awakening, it takes 5-7 years for a person to regain their normal selves again and to be able to function as a normal member of society. I’m in year seven now, and I can say that I have more or less regained my former self, but I have also changed enormously. I have abilities I didn’t have before, though I didn’t ask for them, or expect them, they came as part of the package.

During this 7-year period (from December 2012 Onwards) I barely worked at all and had to survive off my savings, which were considerable. I still managed to buy the apartment I live in outright, but the rest of my savings are gone. I did not take a penny in benefits through this period. Had a couple of odd jobs working from home, teaching English, doing translations, that sort of thing, but it was very challenging, nonetheless.

I remember having some spirited arguments with Shadowself (Bless her) over this, but I still maintain that sacrifice is necessary for progress on the spiritual path. It may come in different forms for different people, but it can’t be avoided. Like I said, the more material possessions you have, the less likely you are to be able to live in Spirit. As much as people would like to deny this simple truth, it has been the bedrock of spirituality for thousands of years. Same thing with giving up sexual and relationship attachments, this seems to be at least a temporary requirement for genuine progress on the Path.

This may all sound rather sombre and dire, but it really isn’t. The spiritual rewards you get in exchange for giving up material ones make it all worthwhile and not one truly self-realised person would give up their spiritual attainments for material ones. They are always temporary, but those of the Spirit are eternal.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th May 2019), Dreamtimer (8th May 2019), Elen (7th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Continuing with the same theme, I have now been restored to my previous self. Material concerns hijacked my attention and focus for several weeks and I needed to purify myself and refocus on Spirit. It is very hard to lead a spiritual life in this highly materialistic world of ours. But, it is necessary, for I'm convinced it is the only way to fulfil one's life purpose. Material things are never going to truly satisfy us, because we are spirit and know it, deep down.

A friend of mine asked me to perform shaktipat on him. I had to delay his request until I was ready, but I finally did it yesterday. I opened up his chakras to allow the Kundalini Shakti to rise and I raised the Goddess Energy in him. As I did it, whatever happened to him in his energy body, I felt happening to me in my own. I realise now that this is key to attunement and to correcting deficiencies and imbalances in someone else's energetic makeup. Once you connect to someone energetically, you will feel the blocks and imbalances in your own energy body. Then, when you correct them, this will also take effect in them. This is the basis for both energy healing and Shaktipat, passing on the Gift of the Goddess.

So far, he reported a much deeper meditation and a sensation of heat all over his body, but particularly between his ears. He says his ears are constantly hot since that time. He says he felt the presence of (positive) spirits in his house. I guess that is a sign of higher sensitivity to the spirit world. We'll see how it goes, I asked him to check in with me if he notices any further changes.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2019), Chester (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (15th May 2019), Elen (14th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (14th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hey Chris,

What does a throat chakra thing feel like? Is there such a thing?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2019), Chris (14th May 2019), Dreamtimer (15th May 2019), Elen (14th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hey Chris,

What does a throat chakra thing feel like? Is there such a thing?
    Yes, of course, when you have a "lump in your throat" feeling, that is an emotional-energetic block in the throat chakra. It is usually triggered by fear of action or fear of communication. Usually it's temporary, but sometime unresolved emotions and fears can get stuck in the throat chakra, leading to various mental, emotional and medical problems.

Each chakra is usually connected to the specific functions of that part of the body, though more on an emotional and energetic level, not always in the physiological sense. We are instinctively aware of what these energy centres do in the emotional body. E.g. we talk about heartbreak, getting cold feet, a gut feeling, etc...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2019), Dreamtimer (15th May 2019), Elen (14th May 2019), Wind (29th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    how about the heat thing...I woke up one morning with a burning sensation in my throat and literally tingling all over...I thought I was having a heart attack...did this for a few days and then it subsided...

it was very different than any other sensations I have had...heartburn...never had any indications of a heart attack but that certainly isn't out of the question...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2019), Chris (14th May 2019), Dreamtimer (15th May 2019), Elen (14th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    how about the heat thing...I woke up one morning with a burning sensation in my throat and literally tingling all over...I thought I was having a heart attack...did this for a few days and then it subsided...

it was very different than any other sensations I have had...heartburn...never had any indications of a heart attack but that certainly isn't out of the question...
    Yeah, that can certainly happen locally. Heat is generally a sign of increased energy flow (as it is in physics) and a higher vibratory frequency. If it is along the spine, it is a sign of Kundalini activation. If it is in a particular chakra, it would usually indicate that the chakra in question is more active than usual, it is spinning at a higher rate, hence more heat is being generated.

There is some info here about the Throat Chakra, but there's plenty more on the internet:

https://www.color-meanings.com/throa...-fifth-chakra/

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2019), Dreamtimer (15th May 2019), Elen (14th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (14th May 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Somebody on reddit posted some really good questions on Kundalini Awakening, which I took the time to answer. I think I should also post it here, in case anyone's interested. Enjoy.

1. What exactly is Kundalini and how is it experienced, day to day? Is it just something you "use" or does it change the way you exist? Some of the posts I have read here almost seem to suggest that this energy can be turned on and off, like flipping a switch to put it roughly. Many suggest that it helps you learn about yourself, but that's not all it does, is it not? Psychologising yourself is no substitute for Kundalini awakening. A Kundalini awakening, at least as far as I understand it, entails at the starting point an awakening to a previously unknown dimension of spiritual awareness and action and at the end point when Kundalini conquers the Sahasrara Chakra and is fully integrated into you, it entails total enlightenment along the lines of Nirvana. Is that not correct? So in other words, from the start a Kundalini awakening should open up a whole new, different, previously unknown spiritual mode of consciousness/awareness? Does that not entail a sudden and total shift in mode of existence and perception, even if it only becomes perfected at the final stage?

- There is a difference between various stages of Kundalini awakening. Those that you may call “enlightened” are the ones in whom the condition of Kundalini Awakening is a permanent fixture. The actual term is Jivanmukta, Christians would call them saints, Buddhists would refer to them as Bodhisattvas, Jains as Tirtankharas, The point is, the serpent not only rose to the top and pierced the crown (Sahasrara), but is now permanently lodged there and doesn’t descend, ever. We know from Gopi Krishna’s writings that what is required to achieve this is to keep the serpent lodged in the crown for three days and nights. I once almost managed this, during a summer solstice, when I was particularly close to the goddess and the serpent was lodged in the crown for about three days and two nights. Ultimately, I feel short and it descended again, but during that time, it was like there was a sun next to me, I felt constant heat and light emanating, even during the night, when I was trying to sleep (but really couldn’t).

2. How do you distinguish Kundalini energy and its manifestations from a merely physical sensation of the body? Someone has suggested to me before that because of the Kundalini understanding of maya, no distinction is drawn because ultimately it doesn't matter. This seems to check out with my understanding of the tradition, but I still have the nagging feeling that a physical experience would not have the qualitative, spiritual character that I am hoping to obtain.

- Kundalini has many aspects, they can’t be divided from each other. There is a physical level, where there is noticeable neuroelectrical activity that takes place in the nervous system and the brain. There is an energetic aspect, which is closely linked to it. Then there is a spiritual and emotional aspect and finally a divine one, which is union with Brahman.

3. When looking for a teacher, how is one supposed to find anything on Kundalini other than Kundalini Yoga? I am aware that the posters on this subreddit dislike Kundalini Yoga. Having seen the reasons why, this makes sense to me, although admittedly I have not spoken to any proponent of Kundalini Yoga that could offer a different perspective. Nevertheless, the real issue for me is that I have no ties to any "spiritual" circles and looking up "kundalini" on the internet will in 100% of the cases return results about Kundalini Yoga rather than non-Yogic version of the Kundalini tradition, because of the nature of modern search engines and the popularity of Kundalini Yoga. I am consequently at an impasse.

- It’s tough, but Gopi Krishna’s writings remain the best source in my view. Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodroffe) is also pretty good, if a bit sensationalist. Other than that, anything you can find on Tantra and Shaktism could be helpful.

4. When still looking for a teacher, are there any recommendations on what preparations to undertake in order to make the best, fastest progress in the shortest possible time once a teacher is found? What preliminary work can an aspiring practitioner undertake alone in order to ensure a smooth, fast and easy journey?

- I never had a teacher (couldn’t find one where I lived), so I’ll pass on this one. But, you don’t actually need one, in my view. Sure, it would be much easier that way, but they’re hard to come by, especially if you live in a country with zero reputable teachers or absolutely no tradition in Kundalini or spiritual awakening, like I do. You’d probably have to move countries in most cases, if I’m honest. I once a found a suitable teacher in rural Rajasthan, but he would have required me to leave everything behind and move to the forest with him and his disciples, to devote the rest of my life to Yoga and meditation. I was 23, living half a world away and it was simply not practical for me to leave everything behind at that point. I also don’t know how you would handle the visa situation if you wanted to spend a couple of decades meditating under a tree. Normally you can only stay in India for 6 months as a tourist, and no, Indian immigration won’t care that you’re seeking enlightenment.

5. I have seen some posters here claim that they combine methods from multiple traditions for their own personal spiritual journey. I am drawn to this approach. I have marked out another method I wish to use later on, but it is hard to use without some sort of spiritual basis already achieved and it is difficult to reach that stage since today it's largely a "self-taught" method and it's very difficult to actually verify what consists in successful or unsuccessful practice. I have arrived at the conclusion that learning in the Kundalini tradition and then going with the flow of what I feel would be best, perhaps including the aforementioned method, should suffice to bring my spiritual journey to conclusion, but I am unsure if combining different methods is a good idea.

- If you’re going your own way and forging your own path, which for most people outside South and Southeast Asia, will pretty much be a necessity, I don’t see how you could avoid doing that. You will just have to try what works for you as an individual and stick with it.

6. I initially did not plan to ask this question and the next one, but I feel like I should. I know that in these matters, time is not something that can be calculated, but does it sound plausible for someone with a good teacher to have Kundalini pierce the Sahasrara in three months of serious and fully dedicated practice with some reasonable chance of success?

- Unless you almost got there in a previous life (there would be unmistakable signs of that) and are just completing the process now, that would have to be a no. Years to decades is more realistic if you’re just starting out. Age also matters, Kundalini Awakening usually takes place around age 33 , with a couple of years either side the norm. I simply don’t buy stories of 50-year olds starting from scratch, having never meditated before, achieving full Kundalini awakening in a matter of months.

7. If I recall correctly, I also saw a reputable poster on this subreddit suggest once that there are some techniques that exist which can instantly awaken the full extent of kundalini, presumably in a basically external manner, entirely administered through the teacher - although this second part is just my assumption. Is such a thing really possible? I suspect there would be some drawbacks to this, which I don't currently need to know - I just want to know if it's possible. Similarly, I believe that this is a separate matter from Shaktipaat, which as far as I understand it refers to awakening only the base or starting form of kundalini. I would welcome any corrections to possible misconceptions in that regard as well.

- They can transfer their own Kundalini energy and cause an awakening yes, but it would be more like a glimpse of the real thing, to motivate their students. It would then be up to them to work on themselves to make their Kundalini awakening a self-sustaining process. Masters can also remove blockages that hinder the process.

8. I have seen some posters refer to what they have called "physical kriyas", meaning physical movements that occur without their control and that can even throw them around a couple of metres into this or that direction. This sounds concerning to me, since phenomena of this type seem to entirely contradict the entire purpose of Kundalini - namely, growing and developing ever more advanced forms of self-understanding and self-control. A desire for self-control is one of my reasons for aiming at spiritual enlightenment and the possible existence of phenomena like this has unsettled me. Can anyone please explain this apparent contradiction?

- Kriyas shouldn’t be violent like that if the student is prepared. They are usually quite gentle, more like spasms and convulsions as the energy is trying to escape and overexcited neurons keep firing. Convulsions can get quite intense if a major blockage In a chakra is being cleared, but it will move into a state of bliss and utter relief after that, not unike what happens during and after a sexual orgasm, only this is spiritual in nature.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th April 2021), Dreamtimer (28th April 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th April 2021), Wind (29th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thank you, Chris. Will do. (both read and enjoy)

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th April 2021), Chris (28th April 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th April 2021), Wind (28th April 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Interesting thread Chris, thanks for it. Especially this part stands out for me. I have an oversensitive nervous system to begin with and lately it has been out of whack due to trauma along with my brain, it is an energetic feeling for sure and I do know a thing or two about working with energy even if I'm no expert. It's really interesting to think how we are just electromagnetic beings and all is vibration. Understanding these principles are ultimately the keys to understanding consciousness and also how to heal human beings with their various ailments, be they mental or physical.

- Kundalini has many aspects, they can’t be divided from each other. There is a physical level, where there is noticeable neuroelectrical activity that takes place in the nervous system and the brain. There is an energetic aspect, which is closely linked to it. Then there is a spiritual and emotional aspect and finally a divine one, which is union with Brahman.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th April 2021), Chris (29th April 2021), Emil El Zapato (29th April 2021)