Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderna Stocks Collapse n Pfizer removed from stock exchange

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Donknugget, I would suggest strongly that you find out what ''gaslighting'' actually is.
    I don't see the kiwinugget doing that.
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th March 2022), Aragorn (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    I dont know, why are you needing your narrative.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    Donknugget, I would suggest strongly that you find out what ''gaslighting'' actually is.
    I don't see the kiwinugget doing that.
    My understanding was that it meant making someone else question their reality.

I wasn’t implying he was good at it. Or even doing it on purpose.

Thinking maybe his mind is so different (as I mention in the earlier comment you called out) that he doesn’t realize he’s doing it.

But that’s what I’m calling it…what would you? Are you suggesting he’s so self-absorbed that his words/narrative/reality should have no effect on anyone else?

If I post “the sky is the same color as a tomato”, and proceed to contribute more words and energy in repeating that…wtf would you call what am I doing?
    Last edited by donk, 18th March 2022 at 06:25.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Wind (18th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I dont know, why are you needing your narrative.
    I don’t need shit, I’m just trying to figure wtf you are doing

Do you understand that this reality that you live in, that i and everyone else here also inhabit, has Pfizer listed on the NYSE?

And if not, then wtf does it mean to exist in “your narrative”? Why do you repeat things that are demonstrably false?
    Last edited by donk, 18th March 2022 at 06:20.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Well have left it to friends to go over the Pziser data, that know more than i do, doctors etc, all of them are worried and pziser does not give two hoots because ?, as i said it appears very intricate.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    My understanding was that it meant making someone else question their reality.

I wasn’t implying he was good at it. Or even doing it on purpose.

Thinking maybe his mind is so different (as I mention in the earlier comment you called out) that he doesn’t realize he’s doing it.

But that’s what I’m calling it…what would you? Are you suggesting he’s so self-absorbed that his words/narrative/reality should have no effect on anyone else?

If I post “the sky is the same color as a tomato”, and proceed to contribute more words and energy in repeating that…wtf would you call what am I doing?
    If I want to suggest x, I will say that.
    If I don't, I ain't suggesting shit....................
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Lord Sidious View Post
    If I want to suggest x, I will say that.
    If I don't, I ain't suggesting shit....................
    Well what is gaslighting, then? I want to know/share an actual reality we agree on. Verne’s has always bugged me, but this shit is too far.

I’ve lived with a pathological liar who believed her own lies as soon as she told them to herself. This nonsense is different from that. Guess that’s why it triggers me. I hate when someone tells me (and those around me) that down is actually up

Aragorn…would you say I’m being unfair? Some of the shit he’s said to you set me off in the past. Insists on a reality the complete opposite of what we are actually looking at.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2022), Aragorn (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Well okay then, a lot of the reality is what was once true for all of us now changing, evolving imo, but yes realities are changing, just look at how many people did not bite the > Ukraine ukraine borders, ukraine replacing the continual fear fear this fear thaty virus fear the conspiracy truthers, fear trump and Q 24/7 4 5 years, imo Donk i still have much oh my reality in atm change, not imo many have not gone into this process because of much in version, heck putin put oil up mmm do you believe that Donk, USA is in a great place, amazing even say biden and kam kam, Donk that is inversion and is many peoples reality because Kam kam n bidens puppeteers told them so, imo Trump did this also in a different inversion way.

These are imo the happiest of times with lots of added inversions.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    These are imo the happiest of times
    For whom?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2022), Aragorn (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    Truth is truth n pov is GRRRRR unless it is ok then again truth imo n pov

Never has the veil been thinner Wind
    the opportunity to evolve clearer
    synchronicity as welcome n obvious

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Aragorn…would you say I’m being unfair? Some of the shit he’s said to you set me off in the past. Insists on a reality the complete opposite of what we are actually looking at.
    I don't think you're being unfair, but I do think you're being rude with Vern at times. I understand your frustration — believe me, I do — and I personally feel that Vern doesn't have both of his feet on the ground, and that he's buying into too many storytellers out on the internet. He also has a knee-jerk prejudice against science, education and anything that could be considered mainstream, which automatically makes him accept whatever the other narrative may be. And I'm not talking behind his back here, because I've already told him all of the above to his face, as it were.

Still, there is such a thing as tackling the message instead of the messenger, and even though it may be hard to restrain yourself — again, I know — it still bears preference to bite your teeth and remain civil, no matter how heated-up your emotions. You can still say the same thing without having to resort to insults, if you know what I mean.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th March 2022), donk (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (19th March 2022), Wind (19th March 2022)

Thanks
    They may look like insults, but it is my honest thoughts and feelings about what a grown man is choosing to do. If you are concerned with my tone in the sense you feel it is ableism or bullying, well he invoked the emotion from not only this...but what I see you address with him ever so patiently, time and time again. Every single time, he proves to be unwilling or incapable of considering anyone else's thoughts and feelings...and as he beautifully demonstrates on this thread, completely deflects or ignore (or maybe does not comprehend) any direct, specific issues that would make the exchange a conversation (or argument)...just going off on a completely unrelated free association word salad rant from one word or thought. I kept pushing here in this case, to see if he is capable of having a conversation--and failing that, express my perspective and opinion about it in one of the many** threads with an easily disprovable statement of fact remains in the title:

"Pfizer removed from stock exchange"

When I was initially triggered, sparking what you consider insults...I gave him every opportunity to correct himself, or at least explain why he wrote it, and then even begged him to explain what it would mean in a universe where it was true. He chose again and again to do whatever it is you consider it is that he did. Me, I am trying to figure it out...and the more I dig here, the more maybe that looks like "ableism"? It was shitty whatever word choice I used to imply he may not think like a "normal" person or whatever said, but it was honest--do we just not consider him capable of addressing a specific thought or answering a direct question?

Back to the specific case, as Fred pointed out, the concept I called him out could only be found at the time in one article that was already removed from every place it was published. You do not even need to know the ticker of a stock to be able to do a search and see that Pfizer's is listed. ONE time he could have acknowledged that this was my concern....I would not have expected him to say "oh silly me, we should correct the title...and this why I thought that it was important to share in the first place". Or even, well donk you fell for "their" narrative again, it is not REALLY listed on a stock exchange, don't believe the rest of the finance industry and this is why...." or anything in between.

But what does he do? The FOX News mastered method of rambling on a tangent about big pharma or whateverthefuck. It does not matter to him that he is leaving a shit trail of untrue statements that he has been directly told are false, and does not address at all not only why he chose to say it in the first place...but also will not explain why saying that (at this point, can we consider it "spreading dis/mis- info"?)...hence my "diarrhea" comment, which I guess is more colorful than other people calling out "bullshit", making it an "insult"? Whatever you call it, it is not isolated here, he continually blasts it all over the place....and the reason I chose here is that anyone outside of his own brain that believes that PFE is not on the NYSE (I would post screenprint here if I took the time to learn forum mechanics), I do not consider their brain function as "normal". Sorry, I do not know a nicer way to say it without being succinct--but that should not take away from the point.

If anyone else did that, would you NOT consider it gaslighting? Do we have to treat or speak of Verne differently because of some special "differentness" that he has?

This is a forum, him posting his thoughts is an invitation for others to share theirs, about them. I feel my "insults" add more value, have more place in a forum, than his propaganda he spouts of buzzwords from his space in his noosphere (or whatever)

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    They may look like insults, but it is my honest thoughts and feelings about what a grown man is choosing to do. If you are concerned with my tone in the sense you feel it is ableism or bullying, well he invoked the emotion from not only this...but what I see you address with him ever so patiently, time and time again. Every single time, he proves to be unwilling or incapable of considering anyone else's thoughts and feelings...and as he beautifully demonstrates on this thread, completely deflects or ignore (or maybe does not comprehend) any direct, specific issues that would make the exchange a conversation (or argument)...just going off on a completely unrelated free association word salad rant from one word or thought. I kept pushing here in this case, to see if he is capable of having a conversation--and failing that, express my perspective and opinion about it in one of the many** threads with an easily disprovable statement of fact remains in the title:

"Pfizer removed from stock exchange"

When I was initially triggered, sparking what you consider insults...I gave him every opportunity to correct himself, or at least explain why he wrote it, and then even begged him to explain what it would mean in a universe where it was true. He chose again and again to do whatever it is you consider it is that he did. Me, I am trying to figure it out...and the more I dig here, the more maybe that looks like "ableism"? It was shitty whatever word choice I used to imply he may not think like a "normal" person or whatever said, but it was honest--do we just not consider him capable of addressing a specific thought or answering a direct question?

Back to the specific case, as Fred pointed out, the concept I called him out could only be found at the time in one article that was already removed from every place it was published. You do not even need to know the ticker of a stock to be able to do a search and see that Pfizer's is listed. ONE time he could have acknowledged that this was my concern....I would not have expected him to say "oh silly me, we should correct the title...and this why I thought that it was important to share in the first place". Or even, well donk you fell for "their" narrative again, it is not REALLY listed on a stock exchange, don't believe the rest of the finance industry and this is why...." or anything in between.

But what does he do? The FOX News mastered method of rambling on a tangent about big pharma or whateverthefuck. It does not matter to him that he is leaving a shit trail of untrue statements that he has been directly told are false, and does not address at all not only why he chose to say it in the first place...but also will not explain why saying that (at this point, can we consider it "spreading dis/mis- info"?)...hence my "diarrhea" comment, which I guess is more colorful than other people calling out "bullshit", making it an "insult"? Whatever you call it, it is not isolated here, he continually blasts it all over the place....and the reason I chose here is that anyone outside of his own brain that believes that PFE is not on the NYSE (I would post screenprint here if I took the time to learn forum mechanics), I do not consider their brain function as "normal". Sorry, I do not know a nicer way to say it without being succinct--but that should not take away from the point.

If anyone else did that, would you NOT consider it gaslighting? Do we have to treat or speak of Verne differently because of some special "differentness" that he has?

This is a forum, him posting his thoughts is an invitation for others to share theirs, about them. I feel my "insults" add more value, have more place in a forum, than his propaganda he spouts of buzzwords from his space in his noosphere (or whatever)
    Like I said, Phil, I do fully understand where you're coming from. I really do. And I know you're a good guy, so I'm not holding anything against you.

Still, "gaslighting" is not the word I'd use for what Vern is doing, because Vern truly and genuinely believes what he's saying. That's why I've already told him several times now — and even somewhat in anger, which is why I can relate to how you're feeling right now — that he's not living in the same universe as the rest of us.

As you say, the evidence of the contrary to what Vern claims — and now that I'm thinking of it, this thread should go under the misinformation category, and I'll be moving it there as soon as I've submitted this post — is only a few mouse clicks away for anyone caring enough to know the truth. I don't know why, but somehow Vern doesn't grasp the concept of vetting his information feed, which makes him into a very bad researcher and — even worse — a propagator of misinformation and disinformation. I think he's being highly irresponsible in that, but at the same time, I also cannot deny that for all of his woo-woo and naiveté, Vern is a good and kindhearted person who truly means well.

And that is what makes this so difficult for us as staff members, and for myself as an individual, which is why I myself generally don't even look at his threads anymore, because I know it'll put me into that tough spot again where I'm being torn between wanting to give the guy a hug and wanting to slap him upside the head a couple of times.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

donk (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (19th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    I just feel bad for you and malc…and the rest of us.

Actually, that’s not entirely true…it’s not “just” that.

I have always used these internet forums for two things:

1. a community of (relatively) diverse individuals with different perspective from “meat space” (member that?)

2. To interact with people here that have similar thought patterns or tendencies or whatever as the people I have to deal with in said “meatspace” that are difficult for me to empathize and/or communicate with.

I do have a bit of an emotional attachment to this place and you guys…but if you haven’t noticed, I put more time in my real life than writing here. I have always found time for reading. It’s a favorite hangout.

I was in deep early on at the other place, and it makes sense because I needed escape from real life. My reality is really so much better now on so many levels, but it’s in a way that I couldn’t invest as much energy if I wanted to.

This whole shit is a parallel to some shit I have to deal with in family. It’s so frustrating having a person like in a position where they can’t be addressed…for pretty much the reasons everyone here has said. It sucks.

I think it’s important to share a reality. That truth=love=light=information

And that’s losing to lies/hate/darkness/ignorance

And on a forum called “one truth”, someone whose reality different than that should not get to shit the place up
    Last edited by donk, 20th March 2022 at 05:34.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (20th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)

Thanks
    I hear you say that you don’t think it’s “gaslighting”, fine…to my mind the concept does not require malicious intent. What do you call the idea of living in a completely different reality from the rest of the people you share it with, and refusing to even try to attempt to even move in a direction toward the community?

I am not going back to look for examples, but from my shitty memory I consider you a solid “expert” on the non-racist “n” word. “Gaslighting” already caused too many problems, and I am not saying you ever accused him of behavior approaching that…but I got to ask, do you think there’s such a thing as a harmless one of those?

I don’t think it’s ever ok to try to make someone else live in (or even tell about) a reality where 2+2=5. At least not being able to respond to direct questioning about it. It’s malicious regardless of how “sweet” he presented himself to be (to you).

Why do you give him a pass?

If I joined as a super polite Gracy May character and gained the familiarity of the community and I posted a thread titled “Sidney Powell was murdered and every judge that struck down her lawsuits are antifa”, and then ya ask donkGM “I literally watched that psycho livestream 2 mins ago, why would you post she was dead?”, and donkGM replied, well blah blah blah and nothing related to question. Is no one allowed to question my purpose?

And I know you are allowing it…it’s rhetorical of course. Had to give ya one
    Last edited by donk, 20th March 2022 at 05:52.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th March 2022), Dreamtimer (20th March 2022), Fred Steeves (20th March 2022), Wind (20th March 2022)