Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A List of UK Freemasons, Judges, Barristers and Magistrates....

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Hmmm... so now that members here such as Modwiz and Cearna have shared their direct connections/experience with the Masons, I am now wondering why they have been portrayed as a secret or secretive society?

If they do a lot of good, then with all their members who hold important and powerful positions, within our global society - perhaps they could try a bit harder. Mere mortals such as myself, who hold no sway in society can only do so much. I am not connected - I am not financial - I am not sitting in a position of authority. I can only do what I can do but those who have more to work with ....

Much Peace - as we all work our way through the created chaos with dignity and respect - Amanda
    I will say little other than I do not subscribe to the overwhelming numbers of ordinary citizens being mere mortals. However, if that is what we think we are, our behavior will result in just that. The so-called powerful only have organization and common purpose on their side. We choose to have favorite TV shows and think that the "powerful" tell us the truth. The ones currently in charge are not why we require child protective services. Our own poor breeding habits and lack of caring for those children have created that situation.

I am sure you will have a rejoinder to my comments but, I will take my leave of this conversation. Especially in an abandoned thread. The OP has gone off to live on a flat Earth and cannot love or play with anyone who does not live on it with him.
    Last edited by modwiz, 17th October 2016 at 06:40.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2016), Cearna (17th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), Greenbarry (17th October 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    (name first guy john and second guy dave.)

i came by this guy talking about masonic stuff.. he said. on his 33rd degree he was called
    to go to some hotel and have a million dollars for dues. he went to this place and while
    he waited to be called in to see the head guy. he met someone that was there for the same
    thing. well, while they waited they talked all kind of stuff. they made plans to go out after this
    meeting. well, john got called to go first. so, he went in and was being interviewed and he
    was asked a question. the head guy asked john if he believed in jesus? and john said, yeah i do.
    the head guy then tells him welcome to the 33rd degree and have a nice day. of course after
    he goes out to the lobby the other guy, dave, was called in retro.. he was in this meeting about as
    long as the first guy. he came out. both are excited on the new level. they left and while driving.
    john asked dave what happened with him. dave said he only asked me if i believed in jesus. i told
    head guy right back, hell no! the head guy then tells me i got promise and i will go far.

(story isn't exactly what was said but roughly. been a long time since i listened to that story.)

i also have two great uncles that are 33rd degree masons.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2016), Cearna (17th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), modwiz (17th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Spongeringer View Post
    I appreciate it's an old thread, but to imply I shouldn't reply to it is a little close-minded.
    I have never inferred that you shouldn't have replied to this thread, so please don't put any words in my mouth. My previous reply to you only meant to convey that Highland1 is not an active member here anymore, even though his member account still resides in active status.

(By the way, the opposite of the word "open" is "closed", not "close". You're welcome.)

I mean, plenty of things written in the past are relevant to someone and in this case, it's me. I of course tried the link already and if you had, you would see the website doesn't open.
    Well, I am hoping that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for not having checked that link — no, not really — but as it just so happens to be, I've got slightly more important things on my plate than doing your homework for you. You can't expect me to read every single post or check every single link on this forum.

It has been two years since this thread was started, and links do tend to break over time, especially those pointing at domains once leased by private individuals and paid for out of their own piggy banks — welcome to the internet.

Now, I'm hoping that Highland1 might receive a notification about this reply, which was my aim, he may not, but without replying I would never know.
    Highland1 signed up as a member here in 2013, which was long before I ever did, but when I was asked to become the administrator here (in August 2015), I discovered that the default settings for newly registered member accounts had automatic thread subscriptions and e-mail notifications disabled, and most members never change their settings away from the defaults.

I have changed these defaults in the meantime, but it is important to realize that these are only the default settings for new registrations. It is not retroactive — i.e. it does not affect any existing member accounts — and members can always customize their settings via their User Control Panel.

Please respect why a forum exists.
    Oh really? Well, I find it highly amusing (in a sardonic kind of way) that a freshly registered member would want to educate the administrator of a forum on what the purpose of said forum should be. So perhaps I should be the one educating you instead, hmm?

The One Truth is not a simple discussion board the likes of which are legion all over the internet. Even though we do have members who only connect to our forum in order to consume information, The One Truth is a community of truth-seekers and people who wish to make a difference for the better in this world.

We welcome everyone who wants to share their experiences and opinions here, and we will not tell our members what they must believe or disbelieve. We do however promote intelligent and civil debate, as well as personal responsibility and discernment, and we also conduct a (small) number of interviews, as well as that we have our own ongoing research initiatives.

As staff members, we too are of course entitled to our opinions, and we will share them here as indeed being our own individual opinions, just as our other members do, but we will not tell anyone what they can and cannot believe, nor will we promote any particular theory or testimony. The only exception to that rule is when we suspect that there is an ulterior agenda at play in the testimonies of so-called whistleblowers, researchers and/or information brokers, but then we only intervene in order to protect our members.

With that said, to The One Truth. If you stick around long enough, then you will see how we operate here.

Can anyone tell me whether publishing the names of Masons - regardless of their profession - transgresses their code of secrecy???
    Freemasons do not consider themselves a secret society but rather an esoteric society. As such, they don't have any problem with the public knowing of the existence of Freemasonry — most of their lodges are well-known — and most Freemasons will also readily admit that they are members of the Brotherhood.

What goes on behind the closed doors of the lodges however is considered "confidential". Fact is that they maintain some really bizarre rituals, and that they usually wear aprons and white gloves at lodge meetings.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (17th October 2016), Cearna (17th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), Gio (17th October 2016), modwiz (17th October 2016)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Aragorn Truly I have no idea where to begin with you, so I won't bother. It's rather disturbing to find that trolls can become administrators. Each to their own. [

I am now wondering why they have been portrayed as a secret or secretive society?
    I think the problem here, and the reason for the original post, is that being a member, and knowing other members, means that when there are rules for something, they will often be cast aside in order to make life easier for your masonic colleagues. Deals are done just because the parties are freemasons. It happens all the time. Maybe two people making a deal realise they're from the same university etc. and then because of that simple fact, rules are waived and red tape is cut down. When, for us mere mortals, we may have to go through hoops and weeks of paperwork to get something done. For this reason I'm trying to track down if a certain QC in the UK is a freemason! I suspect shortcuts are being made on something and I want to get to the bottom of it.
    Last edited by Spongeringer, 17th October 2016 at 15:36.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spongeringer For This Useful Post:

Cearna (18th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,975 Times in 20,256 Posts

Thumbs Down

Aragorn Truly I have no idea where to begin with you, so I won't bother. It's rather disturbing to find that trolls can become administrators. Each to their own.
    Wow, so first I try answering your question and help you on your way, and you arrogantly suggest that I should do your homework for you and that I don't know what forums are for. When I then clarify my reply to you — granted, with a healthy dose of sarcasm over your arrogant sense of entitlement — you have the audacity to call me a troll, and out on an open thread?

Are you trying to get yourself banned or something?

For a new member, you sure come swinging through the door with an attitude, and a very unpleasant one to begin with. For starters, I would like you to read The One Truth's Forum Rules. You will find that ad hominems are not allowed here — neither against staff members nor against any other members.

The staff members of The One Truth are a pretty tolerant and compassionate bunch, and the Forum Rules are normally quite flexible, but when people come walking in with an attitude as if they own the place, then the rules become hard as concrete. Given that you've chosen to insult me out on an open thread, you may now consider this your first official warning — just as publicly as your insult was.

Technically speaking, I am the First Officer here at The One Truth, and thus, still technically speaking, I don't need the consent of any of my colleagues — they know me and they trust me in all of my executive decisions — but we do still run things as democratically as possible around here, and thus, I have chosen to report this incident to the mod room and await the opinion of my colleagues. The person running this forum is The One — to stay with the marine analogy, if I'm the First Officer, then he's the Captain — and he has already seen that report by now. His judgement is that you've just earned yourself an infraction, and I agree with him.

What this means concretely is that you are assigned a number of infraction points. This number will expire in two weeks, but should you gather any more infractions in the meantime, then the number will of course go up, until it hits the forum's automatic ban, in which case you will be sent on vacation for a while by the vBulletin forum engine, with no one to blame but yourself. So I would suggest a radical change in attitude on your part, lest your stay here at The One Truth will be a very short one.

Count your blessings that we are the people we are and that we're still giving you another chance. Had this been a particular other (and well-known) forum in the so-called "alternative community", then you would already have been banned on the spot by now.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

bsbray (17th October 2016), Cearna (18th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), Fred Steeves (17th October 2016), modwiz (17th October 2016), The One (18th October 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Freemasonry is a very old tradition, older than the history of the United States government. US history is already filled with many diverse and complicated things when you dig into the details. It's no different with Freemasonry. What it is today is not what it was in the early 1900s, or in the early 1800s, or in the 1700s. It's been undergoing transformations the whole time in different political contexts.

In monarchical Europe where Freemasonry began, it was anti-monarchical. A lot of the stuff from the French Revolution about liberty, equality, fraternity, etc. are all masonic ideals. Most people probably don't think about this much today but before the French Revolution, Europe was extremely divided by class and the rules of society applied differently for the nobility and aristocrats than it did for the poor. The idea of the law applying equally to all did not exist. The king and queen were the very embodiments of social inequality as European tradition held that monarchs were appointed by God to rule. So we can give at least some of the credit for overturning all of this to Freemasons.

The Freemasons also preserved a lot of ancient pagan rites and traditions from the Middle Ages, which was one of the more pressing reasons for them to become secretive in a time and place where the Catholic Inquisition was looking for heretics to burn at the stake.

In the early 1800's Freemasons in the US began to be associated with sinister intrigues, and even the murder of a man who exposed their rites to the general public in a book (the US was still predominantly Protestant and also beginning to take on lots of Irish Catholic immigrants for the first time), so that an Anti-Mason party formed and was pretty influential in western New York and other northern states beginning in the late 1820's or so. Henry Clay and Andrew Jackson were both leading Freemasons in their respective states of Kentucky and Tennessee and bitter political rivals at the time with conflicting political agendas, so even the idea of a monolithic masonic conspiracy at that time seems absurd.

So depending on the time and place, Freemasonry means different things. You can go to any small town in the US and will probably find a masonic lodge there. If you meet the people who attend it you probably won't find many world-ruling elites. More likely you will find old men from a different time who see the Freemasons as a wholesome brotherhood of upstanding and charitable members of the community. In conspiracy circles I can understand that that might sound like an excuse but it's just how it is. If you want to look for really nasty secret societies then there's Skull and Bones and a host of others, which are much more selective and elitist and really full of globalist power brokers.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2016), Cearna (18th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), modwiz (17th October 2016), The One (18th October 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Wow, so first I try answering your question and help you on your way, and you arrogantly suggest that I should do your homework for you and that I don't know what forums are for. When I then clarify my reply to you — granted, with a healthy dose of sarcasm over your arrogant sense of entitlement — you have the audacity to call me a troll, and out on an open thread?

Are you trying to get yourself banned or something?

For a new member, you sure come swinging through the door with an attitude, and a very unpleasant one to begin with. For starters, I would like you to read The One Truth's Forum Rules. You will find that ad hominems are not allowed here — neither against staff members nor against any other members.

The staff members of The One Truth are a pretty tolerant and compassionate bunch, and the Forum Rules are normally quite flexible, but when people come walking in with an attitude as if they own the place, then the rules become hard as concrete. Given that you've chosen to insult me out on an open thread, you may now consider this your first official warning — just as publicly as your insult was.

Technically speaking, I am the First Officer here at The One Truth, and thus, still technically speaking, I don't need the consent of any of my colleagues — they know me and they trust me in all of my executive decisions — but we do still run things as democratically as possible around here, and thus, I have chosen to report this incident to the mod room and await the opinion of my colleagues. The person running this forum is The One — to stay with the marine analogy, if I'm the First Officer, then he's the Captain — and he has already seen that report by now. His judgement is that you've just earned yourself an infraction, and I agree with him.

What this means concretely is that you are assigned a number of infraction points. This number will expire in two weeks, but should you gather any more infractions in the meantime, then the number will of course go up, until it hits the forum's automatic ban, in which case you will be sent on vacation for a while by the vBulletin forum engine, with no one to blame but yourself. So I would suggest a radical change in attitude on your part, lest your stay here at The One Truth will be a very short one.

Count your blessings that we are the people we are and that we're still giving you another chance. Had this been a particular other (and well-known) forum in the so-called "alternative community", then you would already have been banned on the spot by now.
    There is tolerance and then there is immune deficiency. I know what I see and sense. A snowflake formed from toxic vapor. Lets give it a safe space.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2016), Cearna (18th October 2016), Dreamtimer (17th October 2016), Elen (17th October 2016), The One (18th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Oh my goodness - this thread has being lying dormant and has now been given a new lease of life.

Thanks to all who are sharing their knowledge and insight on the Masonic orders. I have seen many Masonic Lodges - even driving through a small town - the recognisable symbol is placed on the doorway for all to see. There is one in the town in which I live.

I still feel that with so many Masons who are in positions of authority and well placed financially - they could be trying a little harder to help our global society to evolve - to a healthy and more peaceful place.

As for the comment about mere mortals - we are all mere mortals - we all face death at the end of our physical life. Some people travel a difficult road their entire life and never get to thrive - never have opportunities made available to them. Those who have position - and - who possess a conscience could surely leave some legacy to those who have nought.

As for people and their breeding habits: Let's not forget that in some countries women are referred to as a chattel. The women are no more than a slave for work and to have children. In some locales access to contraception is forbidden let alone not available. There is one locale where the women have to reach a boat - a mobile medical clinic in neutral waters - to gain proper medical assistance to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. Don't get me started on locations that permit children to be sold into marriage and often die during pregnancies that their little bodies cannot tolerate. Have I made my point?

We as humans learn slowly and we learn at our own individual pace. We learn according to our lives and how we were raised. We learn and modify that learning as we leave our homes - for those lucky enough to have proper homes. We modify our learning once we leave school - for those who are lucky enough to attend a school that actually gives out proper teaching and literacy skills - at the least.

So when I suggest that Masons - particularly those who are well placed financially and who may also sit in a position of authority - perhaps they could try a little harder. Perhaps they could help the rest of us. Perhaps their rituals are not as powerful anymore - who knows??

I do see the logic in the comments about the Masons being a positive ritual practicing membership but the Skull and Crossbones and such - well, the name alone conjures up images of a more nefarious subject matter.

I will stay positive and in the light - as some people say. Again thank you everyone for turning this 'dormant' post into a lively and broad reaching discussion.

Much Respect - as we all share our knowledge and opinions, in a bid to find answers to our questions - Amanda

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2016), Cearna (18th October 2016), Dreamtimer (18th October 2016), Elen (18th October 2016), sandy (18th October 2016), The One (18th October 2016)