Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 121920212223242532 ... LastLast

Thread: The movie trailer thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I must find Sherlock on DVD. I love both Benedict and Martin.
    I did a search last night and there was no available sources save 'pay for'. I guess I'll have to go the VPN route.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd September 2021), Wind (21st September 2021)

Thanks
    Korean I believe, I'm watching a dubbed version that is surprisingly good:

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd September 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd September 2021), Wind (23rd September 2021)

Thanks
    Have I ever posted this:

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Wind (24th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    This one has been gathering a lot of praise, will be interested to see it in the cinemas.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6ksY8xWCY

Here Joseph Campbell explains the tale.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXU2nW26FFM

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (26th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    This one has been gathering a lot of praise, will be interested to see it in the cinemas.
    It looks pretty good!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Wind (26th September 2021)

Thanks
    Start Here in Fashion TV: Miami version ...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Wind (28th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I can see why you might be interested in fashion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Start Here in Fashion TV: Miami version ...

Fake boobs and fake lips, yuk! And I'm willing to bet €100 that she's not even a real blonde either.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th September 2021), Wind (28th September 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Fake boobs and fake lips, yuk! And I'm willing to bet €100 that she's not even a real blonde either.
    I never can tell ... I asked a dancer once to let me have a 'feel' ... oops banned forever. I couldn't feel a difference either. An ex-partner had a blonde friend that 'because of her husband' got done. hmm, oh well ... she was a real blond by the way, I once saw proof ...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2021), Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Wind (28th September 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I never can tell
    Dude, if they're that big and they're somehow magically able to resist gravity, then they're fake, okay?

Besides, look at that chick. She's super-skinny, and super-skinny girls don't develop DD-sized boobs, any more than that there would be Asians and Africans who are born with naturally blond hair.

Everything about that chick screams "fake", except ─ and I'm going to be rude now ─ the "bitch face" she's proudly carrying.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th September 2021), Wind (29th September 2021)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    That dang Finch trailer nearly made me cry. Tom Hanks in a heart-warming dystopic action-thriller, with a robot and a dog. Wow.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th September 2021), Wind (29th September 2021)

Thanks

BOB has only the finest tastes in fashion. Fine, thin, tiny bits of fabric...

I was impressed to see a couple full-figured models there.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th September 2021), Emil El Zapato (28th September 2021), Wind (29th September 2021)

Thanks
    Anybody seen this one, I'd never heard of it:

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Dreamtimer (5th October 2021), Wind (4th October 2021)

Thanks
    There isn't a trailer yet, but I just learned that J. Michael Straczynski is rebooting Babylon 5. It will have to be an all new cast. I hadn't realized until today just how many cast members from the original had passed away. It's a little freaky.

So here's a verbal preview.

A reboot of the 90s sci-fi epic "Babylon 5" is in development at The CW network, Variety has reported.

Creator of the original show J. Michael Straczynski will write the project and act as executive producer under his Studio JMS banner. Warner Bros Television, which produced the original series, will produce the new show.

Needless to say, this news has been nothing less than a seismic event in the sci-fi social media circles.
    "Babylon 5" is one of the best science fiction shows ever written for television and happily sits atop its throne in the Sci-Fi Hall of Fame along with Ron D Moore's "Battlestar Galactica," "The Expanse" and "Star Trek: The Original Series."

The timing of this quite interesting as only two months ago, Straczynski was tweeting about his interest in taking the helm of "Doctor Who," saying, "I don't know if the BBC would ever consider an American to show-run #DoctorWho, but if so, I would be there in a heartbeat. (Well, technically two heartbeats, since two hearts...)"
    On social media, stars from the original show reacted to today's announcement, with Claudia Christian for example, writing on Facebook, "I know some of you saw the announcement that WB is doing a B5 reboot series and I know you have lots of questions for me like 'Are you playing Ivanova?' 'Are there going to be telepaths?' 'What year is it taking place in?' Well folks, I know nothing ... zip ... nada. Joe has kept us in the loop from day one on this, because he wants us involved with the show, but we have no idea at this time what's in the script or what the story is. Only Joe knows that for now, so you should go bug him about it. He won't tell you, but the results should be amusing."
    from Space.com

JMS on twitter said,

To answer all the questions, yes, it’s true, Babylon 5 is in active development as a series for the CW. We have some serious fans over at the network, and they’re eager to see this show happen. I’m hip deep into writing the pilot now, and will be running the series upon pickup. The network understands the uniqueness of Babylon 5 and is giving me a great deal of latitude with the storytelling.

As noted in the announcement, this is a reboot from the ground up rather than a continuation, for several reasons. Heraclitus wrote “You cannot step in the same river twice, for the river has changed, and you have changed.” In the years since B5, I’ve done a ton of other TV shows and movies, adding an equal number of tools to my toolbox, all of which I can bring to bear on one singular question: if I were creating Babylon 5 today, for the first time, knowing what I now know as a writer, what would it look like? How would it use all the storytelling tools and technological resources available in 2021 that were not on hand then?

How can it be used to reflect the world in which we live, and the questions we are asking and confronting every day? Fans regularly point out how prescient the show was and is of our current world; it would be fun to take a shot at looking further down the road. So we will not be retelling the same story in the same way because of what Heraclitus said about the river. There would be no fun and no surprises. Better to go the way of Westworld or Battlestar Galactica where you take the original elements that are evergreens and put them in a blender with a ton of new, challenging ideas, to create something fresh yet familiar. To those asking why not just do a continuation, for a network series like this, it can’t be done because over half our cast are still stubbornly on the other side of the Rim.

How do you telling continuing story of our original Londo without the original Vir? Or G’Kar? How do you tell Sheridan’s story without Delenn? Or the story of B5 without Franklin? Garibaldi? Zack?

The original Babylon 5 was ridiculously innovative: the first to use CGI to create ships and characters, and among the very first to shoot widescreen with a vigorous 5.1 mix. Most of all, for the first time, Babylon 5 introduced viewers accustomed to episodic television to the concept of a five-year arc with a pre-planned beginning, middle and end…creating a brand new paradigm for television storytelling that has subsequently become the norm. That tradition for innovation will continue in this new iteration, and I hope to create additional new forms of storytelling that will further push the television medium to the edge of what’s possible.

Let me conclude by just saying how supportive and enthusiastic everyone at the CW has been and is being with this project. They understand the unique position Babylon 5 occupies both in television and with its legions of fans, and are doing everything they can to ensure the maximum in creative freedom, a new story that will bring in new viewers while honoring all that has come before.

Onward!
    from The Verge

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Emil El Zapato (5th October 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There isn't a trailer yet, but I just learned that J. Michael Straczynski is rebooting Babylon 5. It will have to be an all new cast. I hadn't realized until today just how many cast members from the original had passed away. It's a little freaky.
    Interesting, I never really latched onto Babylon 5. I will this time if it is on convenient TV ... my firestick has been acting up so i haven't been able to watch much of anything.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th October 2021), Wind (5th October 2021)