Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This new history of the Christian genocide during the Ottoman Empire sounds a dark warning for the future

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Thanks for the ref and link, palooka. I know you've mentioned this book before, and it's a good reminder to me that it's one I want to get hold of. (I bet my mother in law has or had it)
    DT... yes, seems to me I recall making a reference. I know the book is somewhat familiar to some who are or have been on TOT. I followed here for about a year before registering and during that time there was a thread where reference was made followed by 2 or 3 comments acknowledging they were familiar. In both that thread and where I made the reference, I don't recall the context.

Since you've expressed an interest in looking further into this, here is some more information... because... this can be dangerous stuff to anyone who might go past themselves with it.

If U looked at the Amazon link then U know there other books as well. The one I linked is the 1st of 8, commonly referred to as the Right Use of Will (RUOW) series published between 1984 and 1999. The titles along with subtitles and short blurb about each are listed by the author in order of publication here immediately following the Feelings Matter – Keys To The Unexplored Self book, the author's most recent publication. I highly, highly recommend reading Feelings Matter before exploring the RUOW series. Particularly since I think you will find that it dovetails very nicely with the Sopolsky video.

Finally, nothing I can say here can come close to what it says in the very first para on pg i of the intro to Right Use Of Will – Healing and Evolving the Emotional Body...

If this book is for you, you will know it from these first few pages. This book may stir emotional response. Please realize that this book is meant to trigger you and is not meant to be just a mental exercise. If you feel emotions being stirred, please do your best to allow these emotions direct expression as any sounds they want to make. Pleased do not act in response to what is being triggered; just be present with your emotions.

IOW... as wim hof put it... U WILL FEEL IT... "if this book is for you"...

I personally know people who went into this material and ended up having a psychotic break (and worse) and I have heard stories of others. Some come back, some don't. Of the ones that do, some still work with the material having realized it was they who went past themselves at some point in the process and NOT the material that triggered the break.

We all have an inner compass. Going past that relative to this material and/or treating this information as a mental exercise can be a chilling way to find out why curiosity killed the cat...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 24th February 2019 at 12:50.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2019), Cearna (28th February 2019), Dreamtimer (24th February 2019), Elen (24th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Very nice. Thanks, palooka. I love that cat. I can't decide if it's thinking, "I know there's a treat in here somewhere", or "If only I had opposable toes, I know the solution!"

I will look into the Feelings Matter book.

I wish my mother-in-law lived close. She may have them on her shelf. Alas she's far away, and also in hospital recovering.

There are other ways.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2019), Cearna (27th February 2019), Elen (24th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th February 2019), palooka's revenge (24th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Chris, have made an attempt to tidy up, and make more readable. Make sense now?
    Last edited by Cearna, 28th February 2019 at 17:48.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2019), Chris (27th February 2019), Dreamtimer (27th February 2019), Elen (27th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    Chris, have made an attemt to tidy up, and make more readable. Make sense now

But now you have an echo... echo... echo... echo...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Cearna (27th February 2019), Chris (27th February 2019), Dreamtimer (27th February 2019), Elen (27th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th February 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Cearna View Post
    Chris, have made an attemt to tidy up, and make more readable. Make sense now

Yes, thank you, it certainly does.

I just turned my monitor upside down and it read like a charm

On a more serious note, what's the story with Lilith? I didn't quite get that. I know she's largely based on the Sumerian Lilitu, who were sort of winged female demons praying upon mortal men, but what relevance does that have to departed souls today?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2019), Cearna (27th February 2019), Dreamtimer (27th February 2019), Elen (27th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Still trying to get unpacked, from moving my belongings from Lithgow to Bathurst (can almost move around inside now), then i will attempt to write down what this is about

Very busy next week as well, as I am trying to tie up loose ends, before going into hospital on the 17th April, (2 days before my birthday) to have one or two knee joint replacements.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th February 2019), Chris (28th February 2019), Dreamtimer (1st March 2019), Elen (1st March 2019), Emil El Zapato (1st March 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Wow. Good luck to you and your joints, Cearna! I hope you can settle in and then have a great recovery.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st March 2019), Cearna (1st March 2019), Chris (1st March 2019), Elen (1st March 2019), Emil El Zapato (1st March 2019)