Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: decisions of the Medieval Church still impact on the West

Retired Member
    Thanks

Thinking decisions of the Medieval Church still impact on the West

According to a study published in the Science Magazine, the actions and conduct of the Catholic Church during the Middle Ages (476-1492) have influenced the behavior of Western Europeans to this day, especially with regard to marriage and family structures.

During the medieval period, the Church was the largest landholder in the West, setting itself as one of the great authorities of its time.

According to the study, these Church Decrees made much of the WEIRD population replace their close relationships with their relatives, with smaller and more independent families.

This kind of behavior would later have been transmitted to the descendants of these peoples, who consequently became more individualistic and more likely to relate to complete strangers.

Remember that the descendants of these societies were responsible for invading and colonizing North and South America between the fourteenth and eighteenth centuries (from XIV to XVIII).

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th November 2019), Aragorn (9th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019), Malisa (9th November 2019), sourcetruth (10th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Imo the middle ages are very veiled, did it even happen in the timeline above ?, everdance suggest a differing data the more we dig = Femenko https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ch..._%28Fomenko%29

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th November 2019), Border Dog (9th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019), Malisa (9th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    According each historical context focus, we can set arbitrary date points.

Although past facts do not change, the way of telling them may change, as appropriate to the context
    Last edited by Border Dog, 9th November 2019 at 23:19.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th November 2019), Aragorn (9th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019), Malisa (9th November 2019), sourcetruth (10th November 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Nope, when you say we, you mean what you have data consumed, correct ?.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th November 2019), Border Dog (12th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Border Dog View Post
    According each historical context focus, we can set arbitrary date points.

Although past facts do not change,
    Not really, history can be rewritten because we find that it was told wrong in the first place, most of modern history is not really what happened but what whoever wrote it wanted it to be, even if that meant lying their asses off to the entire world

Eventually it can be found that they lied when writing their history books, then history was not "a fact" at all, these days we should know better about "historical facts"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th November 2019), Aragorn (10th November 2019), Border Dog (10th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Malisa View Post
    Not really, history can be rewritten because we find that it was told wrong in the first place, most of modern history is not really what happened but what whoever wrote it wanted it to be, even if that meant lying their asses off to the entire world
    I see we are talking the same thing:

The past fact not change, althought the way of describing It may change (according the context of who describes it).

When I refered to Facts, I do not refered to opinions, impressions or further interpretations.

For example -- I ate a piece of cake ( a simple past fact )

If I ate it because the cake was tasty, this is related to the fact, but it is not the fact itself.
    Someone else who doesn't like cake, ate It because feel hungry, not because the cake is tasty.

So, please, look to my words you quoted again:
    According each historical context, we can set Arbitrary Points, although the (past) facts not change.

Another example -- bad-speech the Church has been a Fact on the mainstream media Agenda.
    The influence of Church since medieval times on Western habits and customs is also a Fact.
    Break Up with our ancestral cultural ties, is a Fact desired by current political revolutions.
    It is also a Fact, if people have nothing to protest they will not cause any revolution.

The thread article, althought have good informations, (In Fact) It's (sub liminal) intentions are in line with some Agenda goals. They called the West people like WEIRD people, and this its not a Fact -- that's just a biased opinion. To reinforce their (weird) opinion, they created a liar assumption that West people " consequently became more individualistic and more likely to relate to complete strangers."

(pure brainwasher, induced manipulation of behavior, quite sophisticated)

So, when we talk about be Aware and be Awake, one wise and very important thing it's to know what's a Fact and what's related to a Fact, because when you base your thoughts, feelings, and emotions on facts alone, everything becomes easier and more understandable.

History with subjectivity is a story, a tale, an epic. It's nice, but they are facts mixed with other things.
    Last edited by Border Dog, 10th November 2019 at 15:36.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (10th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019), sourcetruth (10th November 2019)

Senior Member United States
    Thanks

Eventually it can be found that they lied when writing their history books, then history was not "a fact" at all, these days we should know better about "historical facts"
    Are you suggesting that you do not agree with the current view of history as accepted by mainstream historians?

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Imo the middle ages are very veiled, did it even happen in the timeline above ?, everdance suggest a differing data the more we dig = Femenko https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Ch..._%28Fomenko%29
    This work is rejected and considered to be pseudohistorical by mainstream historians, according to the wikipedia article.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sourcetruth For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (10th November 2019), Border Dog (10th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    So, when we talk about be Aware and be Awake, one wise and very important thing it's to know what's a Fact and what's related to a Fact, because when you base your thoughts, feelings, and emotions on facts alone, everything becomes easier and more understandable.
    You can say you ate that cake, and it is written as a historical fact and subsequent decisions happen due to that event that is considered a "fact". Then, years later, it is discovered that there was no cake at all and it was all a lie, what happens to the "fact" that you ate the cake and all that came after that event?

If the cake event was documented as an historical fact and people considered it as such, and then we find it didn't happen and rewrite the book to exclude that event, then the fact is gone, no one who reads the new book will know about it anymore, is not a subjective view of history, it is a corrected view to exclude something that was considered true but was false.

The fact that there was no cake is the actual historical truth, but the accepted fact(historical truth) was that there was cake and it was eaten. There is no alternative interpretation of the cake event or biased point of view of how/why it happened. The entire event did not happen at all and had to be removed, history was rewritten to describe the actual reality of what happened, so the fact got scrubbed from history

Our understanding and what we know of that past is different now after we have removed false facts, but if someone else is not aware of the false fact then they have a different view of the past and for them, that falsehood is still "a fact"

I think we should be able to throw away historical facts if we find them false, and in that way the past we know actually was changed.

P.S. Also i'm drinking a bit of whiskey right now so i may be crazy talking here :P Sorry

I see we are talking the same thing:

The past fact not change, althought the way of describing It may change (according the context of who describes it).

When I refered to Facts, I do not refered to opinions, impressions or further interpretations.

For example -- I ate a piece of cake ( a simple past fact )

If I ate it because the cake was tasty, this is related to the fact, but it is not the fact itself.
    Someone else who doesn't like cake, ate It because feel hungry, not because the cake is tasty.

So, please, look to my words you quoted again:
    According each historical context, we can set Arbitrary Points, although the (past) facts not change.

Another example -- bad-speech the Church has been a Fact on the mainstream media Agenda.
    The influence of Church since medieval times on Western habits and customs is also a Fact.
    Break Up with our ancestral cultural ties, is a Fact desired by current political revolutions.
    It is also a Fact, if people have nothing to protest they will not cause any revolution.

The thread article, althought have good informations, (In Fact) It's (sub liminal) intentions are in line with some Agenda goals. They called the West people like WEIRD people, and this its not a Fact -- that's just a biased opinion. To reinforce their (weird) opinion, they created a liar assumption that West people " consequently became more individualistic and more likely to relate to complete strangers."

(pure brainwasher, induced manipulation of behavior, quite sophisticated)

History with subjectivity is a story, a tale, an epic. It's nice, but they are facts mixed with other things.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (11th November 2019), Border Dog (10th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by sourcetruth View Post
    Are you suggesting that you do not agree with the current view of history as accepted by mainstream historians?
    No source kun, just saying that i don't believe just because that's what it is the accepted truth, i question everything before i accept it as truth

I will not be afraid of throwing away some idea or thing i thought i knew, if i find it to be false. Some people are unable to let go and resist, they find ways to keep believing in the lie even after they know it is a lie

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (11th November 2019), Border Dog (10th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    You can say you ate that cake, and it is written as a historical fact and subsequent decisions happen due to that event that is considered a "fact". Then, years later, it is discovered that there was no cake at all and it was all a lie, what happens to the "fact" that you ate the cake and all that came after that event?
    P.S. Also i'm drinking a bit of whiskey right now so i may be crazy talking here :P Sorry
    I understand your point, but if there was no cake, I never could be ate It, So, I Lied!

A lie is never a Fact .. here in this discussion is not considered the intention to lie, anyway !

We were probing to distinguish facts from opinions or speculations, which although are not facts, are not lies, anyway.

Similarly, if the cake existed and someone said it did not exist, who is lying is the one who denied it, not the one who ate it.

PS - don't worry about seems crazy. [lol] to me its time to fun.

---edit---

today, I found a wise phrase to point here:

True is still a true even if no one believe in it.
    A lie is still a lie even if everyone believe in it.

----------
    obs - Since I start to study consciousness, I learned to put aside the word "Believe", like an protocol to avoid doubts, suspicious preconceptions and supertitions.

I can believe in God, but I'm aware that I can not say that God Exists, not even to myself and especially to others, because if I induce someone to believe that God exists, I would be harassing myself and the other ones.

this ethical pourpose its based on Free Will and the non-interference law, and since than I learned that lesson I'm sharing here, all evolved beings I have met use the following protocol - when in doubt, do nothing.

On the other side, even if a unethical being try to harass me, I just don't allow, and this way, he gives up and goes away looking for another one to parasitize, because they respect no one, except when being forced to do that.
    Last edited by Border Dog, 12th November 2019 at 19:34. Reason: add phrase

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (11th November 2019), Chris (12th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019), Malisa (10th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    There are facts listed in history that really need to be thought about, for instance David Icke pointed out that all or most religions have the same origin, the birth, life and death of a saviour. Was he speaking truth? I trust that he was. Do you? If not, why not?

The Roman Catholic church we were told was based on the life of Christ written about in the New Testament, yet its actions bear no resemblance to the teachings they claim came from him. Why?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (12th November 2019), Border Dog (12th November 2019), Chris (12th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Sorry Aianawa, I have not see your question before, so let me explain now.
    When I say "we" I'm refering to Humanity, Civilization, Culture, Scholars Narrative, Anyone.

in more simple words - I think don't matter the set of data used, and so, i have not consumed any data,

You pointed a Link that show "New Chronology", based on a reconstruction, an alternative chronology, radically shorter than the standard historical timeline .. So, I answer you -- According each historical context focus, we can set arbitrary date points.

The topic is "Influence Since Middle Ages", so you can choose the data whatever you want (arbitrary) and the influence of church certainly will remain the same.

---

Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    The Roman Catholic church we were told was based on the life of Christ written about in the New Testament, yet its actions bear no resemblance to the teachings they claim came from him. Why?
    Hey Kathy, good question. David Icke only reflected what is already known.

Religion is a big business used by the rulers (Shepherd) to lead the ruled (Sheep). The same (source) religion rules this world about six milenia, with different cultural traits, according to the times and the geolocation.

Nowadays this power relationship has become more sophisticated and more disputed, which is why the teachings of the masters are not faithfully followed by governments, because they know perfectly well how these things are.
    Last edited by Border Dog, 12th November 2019 at 19:45.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (12th November 2019), Chris (12th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    The rulers can only rule when the sheep are asleep, but not when the sheep wake up.

Governments are never faithful, never have been, because they think they have got everything about us covered, especially control.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (12th November 2019), Border Dog (12th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Malisa (13th November 2019), modwiz (12th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I understand your point, but if there was no cake, I never could be ate It, So, I Lied!

A lie is never a Fact .. here in this discussion is not considered the intention to lie, anyway !

We were probing to distinguish facts from opinions or speculations, which although are not facts, are not lies, anyway.

Similarly, if the cake existed and someone said it did not exist, who is lying is the one who denied it, not the one who ate it.

PS - don't worry about seems crazy. [lol] to me its time to fun.

---edit---

today, I found a wise phrase to point here:

True is still a true even if no one believe in it.
    A lie is still a lie even if everyone believe in it.

----------
    obs - Since I start to study consciousness, I learned to put aside the word "Believe", like an protocol to avoid doubts, suspicious preconceptions and supertitions.

I can believe in God, but I'm aware that I can not say that God Exists, not even to myself and especially to others, because if I induce someone to believe that God exists, I would be harassing myself and the other ones.

this ethical pourpose its based on Free Will and the non-interference law, and since than I learned that lesson I'm sharing here, all evolved beings I have met use the following protocol - when in doubt, do nothing.

On the other side, even if a unethical being try to harass me, I just don't allow, and this way, he gives up and goes away looking for another one to parasitize, because they respect no one, except when being forced to do that.
    It doesn't matter if it was true or a lie, what matters is how people will think of it, and if it will pass in the official history as truth even if it was a lie

People will say it was true, and that belief can and will form history in several ways, and people will stand by that truth (which was a lie but they don't know it yet). So, was history a fact or a lie in this case?

It's very simple, it becomes a fact is people think it's the truth, even if it's not, then once it is discovered it was a lie, then what would happen, what would you do if you find that all what you thought was a fact turns out a lie?

So to avoid the classic "i said what i said and i get what you're saying but i said what i said" approach, let's say this instead

It was a lie, there was no cake, but everyone believed when you said you eat it and that's the historical fact, because no one was the wiser about your lie. That's history, then it turns out you left a recording saying you lied about the cake and the entire world listens to it. Is your historical fact, as it was considered until the recording came up, still a "past fact' that can't be changed?
    Last edited by Malisa, 13th November 2019 at 05:18.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (13th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (13th November 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Sorry Aianawa, I have not see your question before, so let me explain now.
    When I say "we" I'm refering to Humanity, Civilization, Culture, Scholars Narrative, Anyone.

in more simple words - I think don't matter the set of data used, and so, i have not consumed any data,
    You did

Just by reading about it, you have processed data, and consumed it by association.

He said that you are talking about how things look from your point of view, due to the result of how you have processed the data you have been able to receive so far, about this topic

LMFAO, i was going to say it other way but i think you should get this

He means: When you said "we", you meant "Me" or "I"

i have not consumed any data,
    Impossible, if you read something, and if you are reading my words, then you are consuming data, from a channel open from my brain to yours

And if you reply, then you have created a duplex data channel, and i will receive back your data, and so on xixi!

Last edited by Malisa, 13th November 2019 at 05:31.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th November 2019), Aragorn (13th November 2019), Dreamtimer (13th November 2019), Kathy (13th November 2019)