Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Samadhi

Thanks
    Thanked 27,263 Times in 7,198 Posts

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (15th January 2019), Dreamtimer (15th January 2019), Elen (15th January 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th March 2020)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by pointessa View Post
    I have experienced three episodes of dramatic change of consciousness. The first one, which was the longest and most profound happened at 22 years old. Up until that time I had been self medicating feelings of anxiety and depression with alcohol and sometimes other drugs. I had given that up and immersed myself in a job where for the first time I was really focusing on caring for others. The change in consciousness was profound and I had no idea whatsoever what was happening except that there was a wonderful clarity and purity about everything. I was happy and peaceful. It really was a blissful state that stayed with me for months, only to dissipate slowly over time, yet I was always changed by it.

The second event happened when I was practicing a mindfulness meditation in the evening before bed. I had a strange feeling of something shifting in my head. A literal feeling and then there was a profound calmness and clarity of mind. This time I was able to acknowledge that the calmness was happening because there was no internal chatter. So this time I knew that for some reason the ego had dropped out of the picture. I went to sleep and the next day observed that there was still not chatter. I took my dogs for the same walk I take them on every day but this time I really saw the beauty. I was no longer "lost in thought". The peace and well being was profound and lasted for several days before I began to notice the judgements and internal dialogue slowly creeping in. This experience cemented in me the realization that I am not the egoic structure that banters on incessantly in my head. The ego has never again held the power that it had in the past.

The third event happened while contemplating an excerpt from Eckhart Tolle. I experienced the dropping feeling and again, no egoic banter and the feeling of peace. After the return of the ego, there has been a greater awareness each time it creates mental disturbance. I can turn it off immediately by entering the present moment. Sometimes it will return immediately, insistent on picking the drama back up, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I allow the ego to continue, and choose to be lost in its drama, although I am finding that less and less rewarding. I have observed that I am particularly drawn to internal drama that allows me to take a martyr or self righteous stance....go figure.

I believe each of these experiences is a process of integrating the consciousness that lies behind the busy chatter and judgement that creates havok for self and the world we live in . There is truly a observer of pure consciousness within each of us, covered up and muddied by this other self that seeks for itself. The way in which it can be dissipated into nothingness, merely by moving into the present moment shows me that it is smoke and mirrors. We spend most of our lives serving smoke and mirrors and the funny, ironic part is that it will never be satisfied.

I don't see much hope for mankind unless it can collectively transcend the egoic self. Is that our goal here? I know that it can happen. It can happen all at once or it can be a slow integration process.
    Where oh where is pointessa? This was her last post - a truly excellent post... I sure wish she would post again.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (4th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd August 2019), Wind (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Where oh where is pointessa?
    Over at Project Avalon, but under a different name...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (4th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2019), Wind (4th August 2019)

Thanks

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (8th March 2020), Dreamtimer (12th March 2020), Elen (18th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Chappie...I realized when humanity will understand that AI has achieved 'sentience'. When they start killing each other...

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That is a beautiful sequence...Almost could be termed, "Indifferent Vacuity", not to be confused with, "Vacuous Indifference"
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 9th March 2020 at 00:36.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (8th March 2020), Dreamtimer (12th March 2020), Elen (18th May 2020), Wind (8th March 2020)

Thanks
    Revelation 6

The Seven Seals

Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.

When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”

When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.

When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne.

They cried out with a loud voice, “O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?”

Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.

The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Then the kings of the earth and the great ones and the generals and the rich and the powerful, and everyone, slave and free, hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains, calling to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb, for the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?”

Chakras

"Each color reflects a type of vibration or frequency radiating through the chakras. This classic color chart is based on yogic traditions, as well as contemporary healing schools of thought. Although the exact color of each energy center may vary, there is a general agreement about a rainbow-colored representation of the chakra system.

Most of us have energetic blocks and imbalances as well as energy-sabotaging habits that prevent us from accessing our full vitality, which leads us to feel exhausted, scattered, dull… even ill.

What do chakra colors mean?

While the chakra colors reflect different frequencies of light and energy associated with each energy center, their meaning may be related to the function of its associated chakras and general symbolism. When you see or use the following colors, you could make the following associations:

Meaning of the red chakra color: Red is the color of the root chakra (first chakra); it symbolizes safety, survival, grounding, nourishment from the Earth energy. Note that in chakra healing practices, red may denote inflammation at the physical level.

Meaning of the orange chakra color: Orange is the color of the sacral chakra (second chakra); it carries meanings associated with emotions, creativity, sexuality, and is associated with water, flow.

Meaning of the yellow chakra color: is the color of the solar plexus chakra (third chakra); it symbolizes mental activities, intellect, personal power, will.

Meaning of the green chakra color: Green is the color of the heart chakra (fourth chakra); it is connected with love, relating, integration, compassion.

Meaning of the blue chakra color: Blue is the color of the throat chakra (fifth chakra); it symbolizes self expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and patterns.

Meaning of the purple chakra color (or deep indigo blue): Purple (or deep indigo blue) is the color of the third eye chakra (sixth chakra); it evokes intuition, extrasensory perception, inner wisdom.

Meaning of the indigo chakra color (or deep purple): Indigo is the color of the crown chakra (seventh chakra); it’s associated with the universal, connection with spirituality, consciousness.

You can look at symbolic associations and the chakra system chart to determine the meaning of a specific color. Yet, the color of someone’s energy field is likely associated with the activity of one or several chakras. When paying attention to the auric field, it’s important to remember that colors do not necessarily have a definite, set meaning, but rather reflect the activity of the energy centers and their frequency or vibration.

For example, seeing purple around someone’s upper body while they are describing their calling in life might be due to a strong emphasis coming from their third eye chakra, an energy center we commonly rely on when we envision our purpose or use our intuition.

Similarly, if you see flashes or a haze of pink around someone’s upper body, the heart might be involved and contributing to coloring the auric field.

The aura can be seen as the electromagnetic field that surrounds the body. Its colors reflect the energy flowing through the chakras and can be correlated to the state of the various bodily functions, as well as emotions and other psycho-spiritual elements.

Even though the chakras are typically represented with specific colors, they may appear with different tints and shades in the auric field depending on the situation and the individual. Healing traditions provide a rich palette of colors when depicting energy centers in the human body.

For instance, even though heart energy may generally be depicted as green, it sometimes radiates in shades of pink when one feels into strong emotional qualities of love and compassion. Red, which is generally associated with the root chakra, can be colored differently depending on the strength and quality of the energy in this center. It could for example go from deep burgundy red to a lighter orange red.

What is the blue chakra?

The blue chakra is typically associated with the fifth chakra, the energy center located in the throat area. In Sanskrit, it is also called Vishuddha.

What is the red chakra?

The red chakra is associated with the first chakra, the energy center located at the base of the spine. It is also referred to as the root chakra and its original name in Sanskrit is Muladhara. Primarily associated with instincts and the physical realms of our existence, the red chakra function can be seen as dealing with survival, insuring subsistence, feeling safe, being grounded, to name a few.

What are the chakra color meanings?

There are 7 colors associated with the traditional chakra system. Each of them reflects the frequency or vibrational quality of light of the energy centers. For example, red corresponds to the first or root chakra; orange to the second or sacral chakra; yellow to the third or solar plexus chakra, etc.

In addition, the colors may symbolize certain physical or emotional qualities reflected through flow of energy in the body. For example, seeing pink in the heart chakra area may mean that the person you’re looking at is experiencing strong feelings of love or compassion; seeing a blue halo around someone’s throat may mean that they are about to express their truth or something important to them.

A few chakra colors may purely be related to physical and energetic manifestations in the human body. The most notable is red that sometimes mean that there’s inflammation. Dark grey spots might indicate a strong deficiency or disturbance in the energy field."

Kundalini

The term kundalini is used to refer to the vital force or energy that we all hold within us. Often called the “sleeping goddess” or “serpent power”, it is represented as a serpent coiled around the first chakra or root chakra at the base of the spine.

How does Kundalini energy connect with your chakras?

Imagine the chakra system as existing on a single electrical circuit that runs lengthwise up the spine with lights at the location of each of the chakras. As Kundalini rises and travels up the spinal column, it passes through each of the chakras on its way giving each a boost, so to speak, and making it light up.

What happens when Kundalini awakens?

"Kundalini energy remains dormant or in the state of potentiality for most of us, most of the time. When it is released, it propagates through our body, climbing up the spine. It is said that what we experience then is a “kundalini awakening.” During this activation, the energy goes up a channel called the “sushumna nadi” located along the spine, and passes through each chakra in a sequential order, from the lowest to the highest one. It is sometimes said that kundalini “pierces” the chakras in the process; let’s just day that its powerful force activates each energy center in an intense manner.

In a number of yogic traditions, when this life force and energy awakens within your body, you are led to tap into the Universal consciousness and transcend the usual confines of time and space to reach higher states of spiritual development.

Considered a form of spiritual energy, raising Kundalini requires one be firmly disciplined in both mind and body in order to be properly prepared to embrace the responsibility that comes with Kundalini awakening. The phrase “Kundalini awakening” essentially refers to the discovery and “awakening” of inner knowledge."

Last edited by Wind, 27th June 2020 at 04:06.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2020), Aragorn (16th May 2020), Dreamtimer (17th May 2020), Elen (18th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (16th May 2020), modwiz (2nd June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,447 Times in 10,157 Posts

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2020), Dreamtimer (25th May 2020), Elen (23rd May 2020), modwiz (2nd June 2020), Wind (23rd May 2020)

Thanks
    "There comes a time when an entity has disciplined the personality to the point where it sees its own suffering. It sees the pain and the confusion and at the same time rests in peace and in faith in the knowledge, that knowledge that comes to the open heart without proof that beyond all of the appearances the one thing to focus upon is love. This is at its most important when the entity faces itself, for only when an entity has learned to love and forgive its own self can the entity turn open-heartedly to embrace another in intimacy of spirit, of mind, and of body. Until the self is seen for that creature that it is, with dark and light mixed together, can the self move from self-absorption into radiating as does the lighthouse, as does the fire upon the hill. Your lighthouse self, that self that you came to share with Earth, awaits that moment when you turn from all the confusion and simply embrace the moment, looking at that moment with the realization that all is well and that all shall be well, whether it be life or death, good times or difficult times. Still and always you are loved. You are held in infinite care in the tender arms of the Creator whose nature is unbounded love."

Q’uo

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2020), Elen (30th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021), modwiz (2nd June 2020)

Thanks
    Hinduism Introduction: Core ideas of Brahman, Atman, Samsara and Moksha

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th May 2020), Dreamtimer (2nd June 2020), Elen (31st May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021), modwiz (2nd June 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    "There comes a time when an entity has disciplined the personality to the point where it sees its own suffering. It sees the pain and the confusion and at the same time rests in peace and in faith in the knowledge, that knowledge that comes to the open heart without proof that beyond all of the appearances the one thing to focus upon is love. This is at its most important when the entity faces itself, for only when an entity has learned to love and forgive its own self can the entity turn open-heartedly to embrace another in intimacy of spirit, of mind, and of body. Until the self is seen for that creature that it is, with dark and light mixed together, can the self move from self-absorption into radiating as does the lighthouse, as does the fire upon the hill. Your lighthouse self, that self that you came to share with Earth, awaits that moment when you turn from all the confusion and simply embrace the moment, looking at that moment with the realization that all is well and that all shall be well, whether it be life or death, good times or difficult times. Still and always you are loved. You are held in infinite care in the tender arms of the Creator whose nature is unbounded love."

Q’uo
    Now that's a Q I can respect.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd June 2020), Elen (2nd June 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021), modwiz (2nd June 2020), Wind (2nd June 2020)

Thanks
    Baraka, one of the most profound and hauntingly beautiful depictions of humanity I've seen.

"In Islam, Barakah or Baraka (Arabic: بركة‎ "blessing") is a blessing power, a kind of continuity of spiritual presence and revelation that begins with God and flows through that and those closest to God.

Baraka is a prominent concept in Islamic mysticism, particularly Sufism. It pervades Sufi texts, beliefs, practices, and spirituality. Sufism emphasizes the importance of esoteric knowledge and the spiritual union with God through the heart. Baraka symbolizes this connection between the divine and the worldly through God's direct and intentional blessing of those that are most reflective of Him and his teachings."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p83IbLrU50
    Last edited by Wind, 10th November 2022 at 12:23.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th June 2020), Elen (27th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021)

Thanks

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th May 2021), Elen (14th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    THe problem is that it didn't "Happen", it just was. People finding out about it, that's a different story, but things that just were, way back, did not "happen" just because current people became aware of them

Alan Watts may had been aware of "things" but those things, were diluted by the time he got to know them, so he got the summary of them, way down down the road. I can't really explain well why, but i do know that road, it's so full of spikes it just hurts to think about it, trust me. HE knew stuff, he wasn't able to tell people what HE knew, and it got currupted afterwards, just as what he learned was already rotten out of the womb it came from

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th May 2021), Elen (14th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2021), Wind (13th May 2021)

Thanks
    Joseph Campbell was on the same level as Jung when it came to understanding the religious imagery.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSircOd1w4
    Last edited by Wind, 4th March 2022 at 03:22.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (29th May 2021), Aragorn (27th May 2021), Dreamtimer (27th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2021)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    This experience completely overtook my consciousness and for a couple hours after it I still felt like a different being. Unfortunately after that lightness had left me, I returned to my normal thinking state more or less. I have never before or after it experienced anything like that. I must admit that I haven't managed to replicate the experience either even though I haven't been desperately trying to do so anyways. Not even deep states of meditation have brought me to that kind of a state of peace.
    I'm not sure if it really 'left' but maybe instead it got integrated into you and that's why you can't see it as a separate things from who you were before? You can't go back to it because now you are 'it'?

If you became one with that, then how would you know you are not, you just 'are', right? So maybe you can't go back because it would mean to take a step back, you are still aware of it and you got used to the feeling so that it doesn't look external anymore, but it's part of you, you are this person who have merged into that particular awareness, so you still see these things, it's just that it's your new personal 'normal'

Don't know if any of that makes any sense but i kind of think that's what happened

Like "i remember when i could not drive, now i can drive and i don't feel anything special about it, but the first time i could drive on my own was amazing. Maybe i should learn to fly a plane next, or a helicopter"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th May 2021), Dreamtimer (31st May 2021), Wind (29th May 2021)