Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Orbs

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Orbs View Post
    More drama in the US government. I guess it is shut down. I'm no sure what that means?
    As a non-Acronymian myself, I believe that it means that the US government has decided that the USA as a corporation — which is what it is — has been declared bankrupt, or something to that effect. That means that no more money will be going to the government's ongoing affairs until the situation has been resolved.

Of course, the Deep State has enough funds set aside for situations like this, so you can count on the mass surveillance and other nefarious operations to carry on unabatedly during this time.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern..._United_States

It is a regular occurrence, because, well they have been bankrupt for something between 85 and 100 years. But this only means bad stuff when it is you or me or us who is bankrupt, it is fine for a nation, because after all, the banking system is all BS and jellybeans anyway. But not to you, me and us.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern..._United_States

It is a regular occurrence, because, well they have been bankrupt for something between 85 and 100 years. But this only means bad stuff when it is you or me or us who is bankrupt, it is fine for a nation, because after all, the banking system is all BS and jellybeans anyway. But not to you, me and us.
    Well, a sane person might possibly suggest that maybe they should stop pouring over 60% of their gross national income into the military-industrial complex every year.

However, given that the US Corporation is being run by a Stable Genius™ with orange (and fake) hair who likes waving his willy at everyone, I don't expect such a wise decision to fall on the management's tabletop any day soon. It would probably take less of a Herculean effort to convert the Pope to Islam.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), enjoy being (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, a sane person might possibly suggest that maybe they should stop pouring over 60% of their gross national income into the military industrial complex every year.

However, given that the US Corporation is being run by a Stable Genius™ with orange (and fake) hair who likes waving his willy at everyone, I don't expect such a wise decision to fall on the management's tabletop any day soon. It would probably take less of a Herculean effort to convert the Pope to Islam.
    Exactly. And according to the vegans, every year they grow enough grain to more than feed the whole world, perhaps even twice. But then they turn around and use it all to feed cattle in an effort to grow substandard bad tasting meat.
    There's a big waste of resources and money right there. Fix that and they could all be regular from a high fibre diet, AND out of debt.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    People are in denial over our military spending. Many have utterly convinced themselves that our deficit is due to social and domestic spending. That's why it keeps getting cut. Even infrastructure. It's boring, domestic spending. Bombs and guns are much more exciting and there's much more money in campaign donations coming from the Military Industrial Complex.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), enjoy being (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    People are in denial over our military spending. Many have utterly convinced themselves that our deficit is due to social and domestic spending. That's why it keeps getting cut. Even infrastructure. It's boring, domestic spending. Bombs and guns are much more exciting and there's much more money in campaign donations coming from the Military Industrial Complex.
    Well, having been part of the Program Objective Memorandum (POM or military budget process) I can tell you there is tremendous waste on the white side. Nobody knows how large the black side of it all is as well. And I’ll contend that NO money should be black, but that would mess up the entire Secret Space Program game for the deep staters.

We used to joke that if you could shoot every other person in the Pentagon randomly, not only would you save salaries, but you would kill off many unnecessary programs. We don’t need NATO (remember I worked there in a cush job), let the Euros fund it or shut it down. I contend we don’t need 75% of our bases in the US, nor about 98% of those abroad.

http://acqnotes.com/acqnote/acquisit...memorandum-pom

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    How many people actually know there is a black side? Is it one of those things that everyone knows but doesn't really discuss?

I worked in a private organization where there was a widespread opinion that the company was wasteful. People would say, "That's the _____ way". (I don't want to name the organization)

And so people would just be wasteful, because they saw it as the corporate culture.

I can't tell you how many people I know that take government money that they don't need and blame the government. "They let me, it's their fault."

What about their own choices and personal responsibility? They'll preach personal responsibility to high heaven and then turn around and be an effing hypocrite.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), enjoy being (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Just like the communal kitchen in my jobs.. (as well as extreme wastefulness in other areas..) but.. we get food supplied for us, sometimes flash spreads, sometimes average, but people will complain about it, not getting their favourite thing etc, use more than they would at home, and then leave everything in a dirty mess... like, a total pigsty. The worse culprits being the ones who feel they are the more important ones. It is not a right, it is a privilege.

And yes it is funny how people say, make the government pay.. well the government is 'meant' to be the taxpayers. Amazes me how willingly people give away their power in their thinking, they refer to such things in that manner as addicts of dependency. It sort of baffles me at how destructively stupid they are, wanting to be able to pass the buck.

It is true to a huge extent (not completely) that the people get the leaders they deserve.

I guess these last bunch of posts have snuck into the thread on orbs?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    How many people actually know there is a black side? Is it one of those things that everyone knows but doesn't really discuss?

I worked in a private organization where there was a widespread opinion that the company was wasteful. People would say, "That's the _____ way". (I don't want to name the organization)

And so people would just be wasteful, because they saw it as the corporate culture.

I can't tell you how many people I know that take government money that they don't need and blame the government. "They let me, it's their fault."

What about their own choices and personal responsibility? They'll preach personal responsibility to high heaven and then turn around and be an effing hypocrite.
    Well, I take a gooberment pension that most folks would consider to be exorbitant, but then they didn’t do the crazy things I did. Besides, My lefty GF is not about to give any of it back, she earned all of it.

The entire money thing is f**ked.

Come the revolution, everyone lives in tents and eats MREs.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    I've had MREs more than once. At the time they came with a tiny tobasco, matches, and paper for the ensuing movement.

One had a heating element that you lit for a hot meal.

Orbs, I heard about meteor fragments on the frozen lake in Michigan. They're supposed to be from the meteor that fell. I don't know how big or how fast they'd cool.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 9th February 2018 at 12:55.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018), Orbs (12th February 2018)

Thanks
    I've had MREs more than once. At the time they came with a tiny tobasco, matches, and paper for the ensuing movement.

One had a heating element that you lit for a hot meal.

Orbs, I heard about meteor fragments on the frozen lake in Michigan. They're supposed to be from the meteor that fell. I don't know how big or how fast they'd cool.
    Ok, I got Dreamy down for tents and MREs. We’ll let you run the PR program letting people know it’s good for them...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I don't know how good it is for you, but it was a meal. The greens are the hardest thing to get into a processed meal.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    I don't know how good it is for you, but it was a meal. The greens are the hardest thing to get into a processed meal.
    Tents and MREs are good for people, The Committee of General Security has determined such.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Nothing View Post
    I guess these last bunch of posts have snuck into the thread on orbs?
    Yes, they have...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), Dumpster Diver (9th February 2018), enjoy being (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Yes, they have...

I blame it all on Dreamy’s fascination with MREs.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th February 2018), Dreamtimer (9th February 2018), enjoy being (9th February 2018), Kathy (10th February 2018)