Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 162324252627282936 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Todd Grande personality analysis

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Perhaps someone should "audit" the psychopathic David Miscavige and Ron's Bullshit.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNHhDin4rEk
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2023), Aragorn (29th November 2022)

Thanks
    Agree with Dr. Grande? Alec Baldwin and the armorer will be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UQsrDX2PIg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Agree with Dr. Grande?
    Yes, in this case, I think he nailed it. Alec Baldwin is morally responsible for what happened, but he did not commit a crime. On the other hand, both the armorer and the guy who handed him the gun are guilty of criminal negligence, because it was their explicit job to make sure accidents like this would not happen. That's what they were hired for.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Diabolical Boids (22nd January 2023), Wind (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That's what they were hired for.
    With their lousy track record they shouldn't have been hired in the first place, but apparently Baldwin as a producer had fired an armourer who was arguing with him about safety precautions. Baldwin didn't understand firearms. If so, that doesn't help his case. Sure it might have been an accident, but negligence caused it. I doubt that Baldwin would see any jailtime with his status though, he will probably settle for a plea deal or settle it out of court with money. I would be surprised if the jury would give him the verdict of being innocent.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd January 2023), Diabolical Boids (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    I doubt that Baldwin would see any jailtime with his status though, he will probably settle for a plea deal or settle it out of court with money. I would be surprised if the jury would give him the verdict of being innocent.
    I would too, but only so because the US is one of those countries with an obsession for punishment. As if — in this case — sending Baldwin to jail would somehow bring the poor woman back.

Whatever the outcome of the trial is going to be, Alec Baldwin has to live with the fact that he directly caused the death of another human being, and from what I've seen and heard, that fact alone already weighs down on him quite heavily as a human being. However it all happened, he knows that he's the one who killed her, and he'll probably never forgive himself for the rest of his life.

But of course, that's only one angle of looking at things. From the perspective of those obsessed with punishment and/or the "an eye for an eye" vantage, it'll never be enough.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Yepper Wind.

Baldwin has a long history of arguing publicly and relentlessly against, gun owners, and firearms and tactical experts on social media, interviews, etc, and refuses any portion of reason in the matter so it's not a stretch to believe he would argue with his armorer or gun handler, perceiving he knows better. The armorer in question may not be innocent but may have a means to throw Baldwin under the bus given his past problem history of arguing with the whole world against the problem of guns. Still, who hands a gun to someone with Baldwin's reputation without securing it.

And some people think he needs to be automatically forgiven for accidentally shooting someone, but his past problem history is part of the reason people won't forgive him. If you refuse to acknowledge gun safety exists then proceed to handle guns something tragic is going to happen. He will likely get off without much in the way of punishment, but I hope someone has enough sense to restrict his firearms access.

But he will get castigated and castrated on social media forever and probably will not take advice not to do further interviews on the subject. His hero reputation as a ferocious anti gun advocate is forever tarnished.

Accidental shootings have happened in Hollywood enough that breaking down a side arm should be an established ritual by now but it appears it wouldn't have done any good. Baldwin's refusal to entertain gun safety, because all guns are unsafe, and evil, apt to climb out of their cases and shoot people randomly so there's no point in learning safety if they are self-loading and self-shooting entities that operate under their own volition was part of his undoing. The sad fact is that when someone hands you a gun and says it's not loaded you check to make sure the gun isn't loaded. It takes less than 10 seconds.

And if Alec Baldwin is entitled to forgiveness well there's swathes of people he's publicly accused and crowd mobbed that have done nothing at all, harmed no one, that are equally deserving of forgiveness?

The pendulum always swings.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd January 2023), Wind (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Whatever the outcome of the trial is going to be, Alec Baldwin has to live with the fact that he directly caused the death of another human being, and from what I've seen and heard, that fact alone already weighs down on him quite heavily as a human being. However it all happened, he knows that he's the one who killed her, and he'll probably never forgive himself for the rest of his life.
    Well, if he is the kind of person with a normal conscience then surely that would affect him always and also his reputation has already taken a bad hit from all of this, not sure if his acting career will be over or not, but it's going to suffer from it. You could say that's a punishment in and of itself. His life sure won't be ever the same again. He has shown himself to be reckless and arrogant though.

There haven't been too many accidents of this nature in Hollywood and you'd think there wouldn't be them anymore. One of the most notorious accidents was when Bruce Lee's son Brandon Lee died while filming the movie the Crow back in 1993, it happens to be one of my favorites. Brandon seemed to have a very promising career ahead of him at the age of 28, but that was ended when his fellow actor shot him dead. Somehow when the prop gun, a .44 Magnum revolver was fired then the gunpowder in the blank cartridge ignited a dummy fragment which wasn't supposed to be there and it hit Brandon thus killing him. His mother sued the filmmakers for money and it was settled out of court. Seems that the actor who shot Brandon was traumatized and haunted by it too. He died when he was 64.
    Last edited by Wind, 22nd January 2023 at 13:18.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Somehow when the prop gun, a .44 Magnum revolver was fired then the gunpowder in the blank cartridge ignited a dummy fragment which wasn't supposed to be there and it hit Brandon thus killing him.
    Yep, that's called "a dud" by gun owners. It can happen when you have a cartridge in which only the primer fires but the primer fails to ignite the main propellant, or if the cartridge doesn't contain enough propellant. The cartridge then fires, but the bullet doesn't have enough momentum to overcome the friction of the barrel's lands and grooves, and it remains stuck in the barrel.

Firing a blank right after that will cause the stuck bullet to leave the barrel at nearly full speed. And if you're unlucky and you chamber a live round instead because you didn't notice the misfire, then the collision of the bullet from the live round with the stuck bullet in the barrel will cause the weapon to explode due to the excess gas pressure buildup behind the two bullets.

It can happen in both revolvers and (semi-)automatics. It shouldn't happen, but it can, and it does. More than one shooter have lost their hand, one of their eyes, or even their life because of this sort of thing.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    I would too, but only so because the US is one of those countries with an obsession for punishment. As if — in this case — sending Baldwin to jail would somehow bring the poor woman back.

But of course, that's only one angle of looking at things. From the perspective of those obsessed with punishment and/or the "an eye for an eye" vantage, it'll never be enough.
    There's a lot of people in America obsessed with revenge but temper that with a lot of criminal or negligent activities for which the people involved are never held accountable, punished or take responsibility for the crap they do is in part responsible for that obsession. California's leniency with crime has resulted in a crime spree so prevalent in some areas that even the very liberal District Attorneys have been forced to reverse the leniency laws they imposed without due process. It's like they want crime to happen and they want criminals to go free ...until the wealthy and influential are affected by it. But in spite of that some people think we need to put up with some crime to have a peaceful society. When does widespread crime cause peace? I'm sure the criminals are pretty peaceful about it.

And when the pendulum swings that far left of justice, it will swing back right just as violently resulting in extreme punishment for crimes like having a little marijuana on hand. It's like spite and revenge swinging back and forth but no actual justice or accountability is served. Abortion rights are restricted so the 2A is spitefully attacked even though one doesn't have anything to do with the other. Then lenient gun laws are enacted and then abortion restricted out of spite and revenge without any actual resolve, good affect or progress. Our judicial system is used for spite and revenge by those in the highest offices.

And justice still hasn't been served or re-established. Punishment for crimes serves as a deterrent for future crimes. Everyone is a victim of society and not held accountable for what they do because they were a victim of something somewhere down the road. But that doesn't apply impartially to everyone.

There's a big difference between you and I doing something like that and someone like Baldwin, a politician, a celebrity. Rules for me but not for thee, gives rise to people insistent that somewhere somehow they want a show that our justice system is functioning impartially somewhere, someplace.

A lot of people are charged in public and in court with crimes that aren't crimes for reasons of sensationalism. Media is the biggest abuser of the law making what is a crime not a crime, and what isn't a crime, a crime. We recently had a panic in America with the insinuation that certain people knew our nuclear codes and were selling them to foreign nations. The newsmakers made it sound like the codes were jotted down on sticky note. Not a single judicial or expert, military or legal stepped forward to explain how no one knows what nuclear codes are.

We had a district attorney in California that exceeded sentencing laws so that more black men would be imprisoned longer for crimes that weren't crimes. They ran for president but was so unpopular she couldn't poll higher than 1 percent or so for that reason. Ran against Biden on the premise he was racist.

That person is Vice President today if that gives you any idea of how screwed up things are. It's not by accident.

The US government itself is never held accountable anywhere in the world for the destruction it causes abroad. Our justice system doesn't slow its roll. The military doesn't. It's accused, we know we what it does, no one has to be convinced the US government or its shadow counterpart at least has committed atrocities all over but it's never held accountable either by any nation.

Atrocities committed against the American people by the government, the military or scientists serving in conjunction with both have never once been held accountable for any of its crimes against humanity here or abroad. People may get civil settlements but no admission of guilt or significant reform. It's frustrating and makes people angrier the longer it goes on. And it has been going on for a very long time.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    The US government itself is never held accountable anywhere in the world for the destruction it causes abroad. Our justice system doesn't slow its roll. The military doesn't. It's accused, we know we what it does, no one has to be convinced the US government or its shadow counterpart at least has committed atrocities all over but it's never held accountable either by any nation.
    I don't understand that either, although the cynic in me says that maybe the rest of the world is ignoring it because they've all to a certain extent done the same or similar things in the past. Europe has had its fair share of different empires in the past, from Germany and Great Britain over Spain and France, and even Russia used to be an empire until the Soviet revolution of 1917.

Even Belgium — the small country I live in — has a very dark colonial past in which gross crimes against humanity were committed, as well as that our history encompasses a few politically flavored assassinations — Patrice Lumumba, Julien Lahaut, André Cools, et al.

And then we're not even talking of the Brabant killers yet, a criminal investigation that's nearing 40 years of sidetracking and sabotage from within the highest echelons of the justice system (and whoever was pulling its strings from behind the curtain) without that a single one of the killers was ever caught. Yes, they've now caught a guy who was once a suspect before, and he matches the general profile of the killers in terms of his professional and criminal career and his far-right political background, but that still doesn't mean that he was effectively one of them.

All that is known for certain about the killers is that one of them was mortally wounded by a police bullet during their last getaway, but his body has never been found, and just as with his cohorts, his identity remains unknown.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    All that is known for certain about the killers is that one of them was mortally wounded by a police bullet during their last getaway, but his body has never been found, and just as with his cohorts, his identity remains unknown.
    Looking at their track record it seems like they were acting like professionals in their criminal pursuits. Possible military background? Seems like that the police were also doing a piss-poor job with trying to catch them. Or they had friends in high places as you say.

Certain events surrounding the robbery of the Delhaize supermarket in Aalst on 9 November 1985 served to further strengthen media-fuelled rumours of a connection between the gang and elements of the Belgian military and the Belgian Gendarmerie in particular. For example, the supermarket was hit despite patrols passing it every twenty minutes and gendarmes close to the scene did not engage or pursue the robbers. Although no such connection has been officially proven, the lack of satisfactory performance in the Brabant killers case was among the reasons for the subsequent abolishing of the Belgian Gendarmerie.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Almost sounds like some "Operation Gladio" action to me.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Looking at their track record it seems like they were acting like professionals in their criminal pursuits. Possible military background? Seems like that the police were also doing a piss-poor job with trying to catch them.
    Yes, it is believed that they were gendarmes or ex-gendarmes, and the Gendarmerie was a paramilitary police force. They fell under the Department of Defense, and they were competing with the civilian police corps. They also had military weapons at the time — FN FAL battle rifles and Uzi machine pistols — and they received a much more elaborate combat training than the civilian police corps. They also had state-wide jurisdiction, whereas civilian police officers only had jurisdiction within the municipality where they were assigned.

Many (but not all) gendarmes also had fairly right-wing and militaristic biases. One of the investigative trails in the case of the Brabant killers led to a far-right cell within the Gendarmerie, called Westland New Post, and an alleged conspiracy by said cell to turn Belgium into a police state.

Another interesting thing is that one of the names that kept on popping up in just about every major criminal case was that of Paul Vanden Boeynants — colloquially known as "VDB" — a former Belgian prime minister from the francophone Christian-democrat party, albeit that VDB was perfectly bilingual. He was convicted for fraud, but after his three-year suspended sentence, he applied for a Restoration of Honor procedure, which is a once-in-a-lifetime-only legal procedure here in Belgium in which one's conviction record is wiped clean. He did this so that he could run for office again — which he did, but he was not reelected.

One of VDB's closest friends was Baron de Beauvoisin, a francophone aristocrat from Groot-Bijgaarden (near Brussels), who was quite known for his outspoken far-right political convictions, and who was also mentioned as a suspect in (the sidetracking of) the investigation of the Brabant killers. VDB himself was also abducted once, by the Patrick Haemers gang, and released after his family paid over 60 million BEF (or about 1.5 million Euro) worth in ransom.

VDB was also one of the wealthiest people in the country, owing to his private meat processing business. And what's so interesting about this is that he himself was a vegetarian.

In spite of everything (and of himself), when VDB died in 2001, he was granted a state funeral for his services to the country.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Operation Gladio was indeed suspected at one point during this investigation. But considering how efficiently the investigation has been sidetracked from day one, I guess we'll never learn the truth of who or what was behind it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (22nd January 2023), Wind (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    My oh my, you always learn something new. These intelligence agencies have been behind a lot of chaos.

I knew that CIA was a terrorist organization, but this gives more to think about terrorism in Europe.

In 1992, the BBC made a documentary series about Gladio, which concluded that the CIA, MI6 and NATO directed far-right secret armies that murdered a total of hundreds of civilians in different countries with the aim of blaming left-wing groups for the attacks. Gladio's operations in Italy and Belgium were aimed at gaining popular support for policies that would be in U.S. interests.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd January 2023), Fred Steeves (22nd January 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    It's still kind of a black hole, like one of the proverbial blind men touching any particular part of the elephant, there's still much more to it than meets the eye.

I put it in the general category of MKULTRA, but for whatever reason it's almost become niche to delve into the latter, while the former is mostly forgotten. Down the ole memory hole.

What I find fascinating is that both of them, when discussed, is almost always in terms of what happened in the past. I'm convinced as I can be that both are alive and well, fully operational.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post: