Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fred/Gracy Affair, and the Inter-Forum Aftermath Thereof

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thumbs Up The Fred/Gracy Affair, and the Inter-Forum Aftermath Thereof

Moderator note: This thread was split off from Gio's "The Cosmic Emporium" thread because of the unintended but at the same time also unavoidable derailing of said thread.

Oh Fred ...

The Great Pretender

3:32 min

Last edited by Aragorn, 19th January 2022 at 12:49. Reason: thread split & mod note
    Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th January 2022), Aragorn (14th January 2022), Chester (20th January 2022), Christian (19th January 2022), Dreamtimer (14th January 2022), modwiz (13th January 2022), Wind (16th January 2022)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I have no clue where to place this post - Modwiz's thread or here... I had to pick one so flipped a coin, gio 'lost' so here's the post.

On Friday I learned about the Gracy/Fred matter at the Project Avalon forum. I reacted in anger, made several foolish posts. Within 24 hours, I regretted my actions. Within a few days I deleted the posts I could, unfortunately one thread is closed and I cannot delete my posts in it. I asked the mods to delete the handful of posts in the closed thread. So far, my request has not been fulfilled, probably won't be as they have enough on their hands anyways.

So I've been thinking lots about Fred who I came to love and so am wishing him the best through all this as I imagine its rough for Fred right now.

Fred wrote a powerful post on authenticity once which made a major impact on me generated a change of focus in me... to be more authentic. Fred turned me on to Jimmy Dore! Fred had more than one one-on-one Zoom meets with me... those were special.

I am sorry, Fred, for my actions on the 14th and 15th.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2022), Aragorn (18th January 2022), Chris (18th January 2022), Christian (18th January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (18th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), modwiz (18th January 2022), Silly Wabbit (20th January 2022), Wind (18th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I remember those chats very fondly Sam, we’ve known each other a long time now, and my heart sank when I read those posts you’re referring to.

Of course I accept your apology old friend, I also appreciate and respect that you broke from the street mob mentality being encouraged, and the same with others who have offered support from over yonder and beyond.

Yes, what I did wasn’t cool and I freely admit that, I can see how it can cause some hurt feelings and for that I apologize as well, I truly do; but I never once acted with ill intent, every opinion was truly mine just that some didn’t go along with the flow, and I never once abused my power as a mod. That’s not me, and anyone who knows me well from over the years knows that to be true.

Discovering a sock puppet on the internet is not exactly the crime of the century, you deal with the problem accordingly and move on down the road; but using that as a basis to start throwing shit at the wall in attempting to paint that person into an abusive sociopath is about as low as it gets, not to mention the ensuing witch hunt.

Thanks again to those who see this for what it really is, not what it’s being portrayed to be.

And Gio, sorry if this is derailing your thread. Mods please do what thou wilt with these two posts.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2022), Aragorn (18th January 2022), Chester (18th January 2022), Chris (18th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), modwiz (18th January 2022), Wind (18th January 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I remember those chats very fondly Sam, we’ve known each other a long time now, and my heart sank when I read those posts you’re referring to.

Of course I accept your apology old friend, I also appreciate and respect that you broke from the street mob mentality being encouraged, and the same with others who have offered support from over yonder and beyond.

Yes, what I did wasn’t cool and I freely admit that, I can see how it can cause some hurt feelings and for that I apologize as well, I truly do; but I never once acted with ill intent, every opinion was truly mine just that some didn’t go along with the flow, and I never once abused my power as a mod. That’s not me, and anyone who knows me well from over the years knows that to be true.

Discovering a sock puppet on the internet is not exactly the crime of the century, you deal with the problem accordingly and move on down the road; but using that as a basis to start throwing shit at the wall in attempting to paint that person into an abusive sociopath is about as low as it gets, not to mention the ensuing witch hunt.

Thanks again to those who see this for what it really is, not what it’s being portrayed to be.

And Gio, sorry if this is derailing your thread. Mods please do what thou wilt with these two posts.
    Welcome to the banned forever club my friend

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2022), Aragorn (18th January 2022), Christian (18th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (18th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), modwiz (18th January 2022), Wind (18th January 2022)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chester View Post
    I reacted in anger, made several foolish posts. Within 24 hours, I regretted my actions.
    I think a lot of us had very strong emotional reactions that needed time to work through rationally and writing is a way of working through it. My initial reaction was a kind of cynical laughter and ridicule, partly directed at people for being fooled and investing so much energy into online relationships. I worked my way through that and realized that there were a lot of hurting people who had invested a lot of energy into a relationship that wasn't exactly what they thought it was, and this also had to be really tough for Fred too.

Fred you were my "Greeter" (I think that's what they used to call it then) when I joined the forum a decade ago and I always appreciated your friendliness and how you always encouraged people into engage in lively but civil debates, a skill rapidly vanishing from internet discussions where people just want to find like minded people and "other" those who think differently. Glad to know you are here.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Christian For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th January 2022), Aragorn (18th January 2022), Chester (18th January 2022), Chris (18th January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (18th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), modwiz (18th January 2022), Wind (18th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'll leave it to Gio to decide whether this exchange should be split off from his thread.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2022), Christian (19th January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (18th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), modwiz (18th January 2022), Wind (19th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    I cannot speak for Gio or this forum, but looks like visitors have increased.

A form of internet rubbernecking.

My comment about FS and his pretending is that, given where it happened, pretense has been a stock in trade for years.

Isn't there a saying about imitation being a form of flattery?
    Last edited by modwiz, 18th January 2022 at 23:40.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2022), Aragorn (18th January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), Christian (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (18th January 2022), Wind (19th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I cannot speak for Gio or this forum, but looks like visitors have increased.

A form of internet rubbernecking.
    The average number of members ─ retired, on sabbatical or active ─ having visited the forum over the course of the last month has indeed radically increased in these last couple of days, and is now at more than double what it was last week. It was hinted ─ sort of sideways and nicely, though ─ that they're all looking for our "The Adventures of Gracy May" thread. If you come across that thread, then by all means, let me know, because I myself can't seem to find it.

I did learn a few new things over the course of the last couple of days, though, like that I am actually Fred in disguise. And there I was, thinking I was an A.I. Can you imagine my shock, having to learn that I'm made of flesh and blood?

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), Christian (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Wind (19th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The average number of members ─ retired, on sabbatical or active ─ having visited the forum over the course of the last month has indeed radically increased in these last couple of days, and is now at more than double what it was last week. It was hinted ─ sort of sideways and nicely, though ─ that they're all looking for our "The Adventures of Gracy May" thread. If you come across that thread, then by all means, let me know, because I myself can't seem to find it.

I did learn a few new things over the course of the last couple of days, though, like that I am actually Fred in disguise. And there I was, thinking I was an A.I. Can you imagine my shock, having to learn that I'm made of flesh and blood?
    Pardon me for interjecting but I do appreciate drama as long as it isn't mine. I don't get it, is this a historical reconstruction or recent history? Of course, I went looking for the drama thread on PA and didn't find anything. I thought Freddie was persona non grata at PA for quite some time. and I thought Chester had ascended to the next dimension of enlightenment.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Aragorn (19th January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Pardon me for interjecting but I do appreciate drama as long as it isn't mine. I don't get it, is this a historical reconstruction or recent history? Of course, I went looking for the drama thread on PA and didn't find anything. I thought Freddie was persona non grata at PA for quite some time. and I thought Chester had ascended to the next dimension of enlightenment.
    Well, okay, I'll humor you, but this is off-topic for the thread, and if Gio objects, then I'm going to move all of these posts over to a separate thread, which I initially didn't want to do because it would draw some unwanted attention and would wrongfully raise the suspicion that we're trying to throw salt on a fresh wound.

As it turns out, Project Avalon moderator "Gracy May" was actually our brother Fred Steeves in disguise. Fred had apparently successfully been playing that role for several years ─ even I hadn't noticed a thing while I was an administrator there ─ but so now Fred has been found out about, and as such, all hell has broken loose over at Project Avalon.

I could say so much more, but I'm not going to. Things are bad enough already as they are. No need to pour more fuel onto that fire, and no need to beat a dead horse either.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Well, okay, I'll humor you, but this is off-topic for the thread, and if Gio objects, then I'm going to move all of these posts over to a separate thread, which I initially didn't want to do because it would draw some unwanted attention and would wrongfully raise the suspicion that we're trying to throw salt on a fresh wound.

As it turns out, Project Avalon moderator "Gracy May" was actually our brother Fred Steeves in disguise. Fred had apparently successfully been playing that role for several years ─ even I hadn't noticed a thing while I was an administrator there ─ but so now Fred has been found out about, and as such, all hell has broken loose over at Project Avalon.

I could say so much more, but I'm not going to. Things are bad enough already as they are. No need to pour more fuel onto that fire, and no need to beat a dead horse either.
    Wow, that's good. Kudos to "Mr." Fred. I thought Gracy May was 'kinda' ok. No need to go any further.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Aragorn (19th January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), Octopus Garden (24th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Can't say I'm not enjoying the show.

Nothing more entertaining than far-right wingnuts going mad with paranoia and making up ever crazier conspiracy theories about "infiltration" and whatnot.

Admit it Fred, 'twas the Lizard People that sent you to sow discord amongst their ranks

And Frank, we all know about your anti-American credentials, are "they" directing your every step from Brussels HQ?

And by "they" I mean the "they" from "They Live"

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Aragorn (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Octopus Garden (24th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Can't say I'm not enjoying the show.

Nothing more entertaining than far-right wingnuts going mad with paranoia and making up ever crazier conspiracy theories about "infiltration" and whatnot.

Admit it Fred, 'twas the Lizard People that sent you to sow discord amongst their ranks

Maybe it was Simon Parkes' daddy.

And Frank, we all know about your anti-American credentials, are "they" directing your every step from Brussels HQ?

And by "they" I mean the "they" from "They Live"

Actually, no; I answer only to the Blue Chickens. They've promised me a truckload of toilet paper for when the next macaroni virus hits.

We needs it. We wants it. We will has it!

Name:  Gollum - Toilet Paper.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  49.7 KB

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), Christian (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Octopus Garden (24th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Maybe it was Simon Parkes' daddy.

Actually, no; I answer only to the Blue Chickens. They've promised me a truckload of toilet paper for when the next macaroni virus hits.

We needs it. We wants it. We will has it!

Name:  Gollum - Toilet Paper.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  49.7 KB
    Did not see the mantids coming...

The blue chickens though, I knew all along they were behind the whole affair.

And by toilet paper, do you mean dollars or euros ? With the current rate of inflation, seems they're equally worthless nowadays...

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Aragorn (19th January 2022), donk (22nd January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Octopus Garden (24th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)

Thanks
    Did not see the mantids coming...

The blue chickens though, I knew all along they were behind the whole affair.

And by toilet paper, do you mean dollars or euros ? With the current rate of inflation, seems they're equally worthless nowadays...
    Nooooooooo! We means toilet paper, Preciousss! Dollarses and Euroses is worthless for wiping our buttses! We wants it soft, delicious and juicy.

Um... Okay, maybe not juicy.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd January 2022), Chris (19th January 2022), Dreamtimer (19th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th January 2022), Fred Steeves (19th January 2022), Gio (19th January 2022), modwiz (19th January 2022), Wind (20th January 2022)