Page 28 of 96 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus with an R0 of 3 or beyond

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks for posting Carpo, Wind. I was just listening to him earlier today and was going to post the vids.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th April 2020), Chris (7th April 2020), Wind (6th April 2020)

Thanks
    I just heard that Boris Johnson is in intensive care now and his fiancee who is six months pregnant also has the virus.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2020), Chris (7th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (6th April 2020), Wind (7th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    yeah DT, he was doing well for 10 days and then took a turn for the worse which reflects what I've heard about 9th day being the critical one of the virus' course. This could be a really bad thing for Britain.

Check out the story on the Surgeon General wife...lots of bad stuff going on...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2020), Chris (7th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Wind (7th April 2020)

Thanks
    it seems an estimate for normal flu in a given season is that it causes about 400,000 deaths in a normal year at a mortality rate somewhere below 1%. That means at a minimum 40 million contract it every year...I don't know how many are currently affected by the covid-19 but that is a number for comparison and some thought.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2020), Chris (7th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Wind (7th April 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Poor old Bojo.

I always rather liked him, from his Daily Telegraph columnist days and he was also my mayor when I lived in London. He actually did a pretty good job, I thought, definitely in comparison to his communist predecessor, Red Ken.

He often gets compared to Trump, but apart from the hair, and predilection for illicit dalliances and an undetermined amount of children from various women, they really have not that much in common. Bojo is an accomplished Historian (he wrote and excellent biography on Churchill) a pretty good columnist and a classical scholar. He can quote the classics to you in ancient Greek or Latin. Compare that to you-know-who and calling him "Britain Trump" suddenly seems like an odd choice. I hope he gets better.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2020), Wind (7th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Terence McKenna & Anne Armstrong - Disasters Bring People Together

In a deeply prophetic conversation, Terence McKenna and Anne Armstrong discuss how it is necessary for humans to encounter difficulties in order to evolve spiritually and collectively. "This seems to me like a recurring theme, it's the idea that things are going to get worse before they get better because there needs to be some kind of shock of awakening."

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th April 2020), Chris (7th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2020)

Thanks
    This is my usual off-topic follow up but I was watching 'ET's among us' last night and one of the commentators remarked that the Soviet Union began glasnost because Gorbachev was 'warned' by the extraterrestrials to 'open up' his society. The fall of the empire can be viewed as a consequence of those actions.

I liked it because it took away some of the glory heaped on St. Reagan, a fine psychopath in his own right...get it...right...

McKenna is an interesting character, I'm curious to research his history.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Wind (7th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 48,690 Times in 10,221 Posts
    And here is a video from David.

David Icke's second London Real interview within 3 weeks. In this latest video David presents new information about the Corona Virus, 5G, human freedom and mass manipulation.
    No one person can ever change the truth, but the truth, once learned, can and will change the person

You must be the change you wish to see in the world when you are through changing, you are through

theonetruth forum status theonetruth facebook

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The One For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th April 2020), Chris (9th April 2020), Dreamtimer (9th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th April 2020), Wind (9th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by The One View Post
    And here is a video from David.

David Icke's second London Real interview within 3 weeks. In this latest video David presents new information about the Corona Virus, 5G, human freedom and mass manipulation.
    The video was taken down, Malc, and on a personal note, I wouldn't pay too much attention to David Icke's opinion of this crisis. He has it all wrong and he's tooting the horn of the conspiracy theorists.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (9th April 2020), Dreamtimer (9th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th April 2020), Wind (9th April 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    The video was taken down, Malc, and on a personal note, I wouldn't pay too much attention to David Icke's opinion of this crisis. He has it all wrong and he's tooting the horn of the conspiracy theorists.
    This time, it wasn't Lizard-man.

It was his life-long foe, :batman

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th April 2020), Dreamtimer (10th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th April 2020), Wind (9th April 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    I am looking at statistics and I still don't see enough to warrant the use of the word pandemic. After speaking with several medical professionals - the virus appears to be a particularly virulent strand of influenza. Where I live we have zero cases. The nearest inland city is fourty minutes drive away and there were three cases and all recovered. The statistics appear to be manipulated - that is a comment via a medical practitioner. Obviously I am not going to mention names or locations. While we are under the present state of affairs I think Martial Law may only be a breath away. If anything akin to Nazi Germany happens ....

Here is Australia we are currently in a Police State under a Dictatorship (not my description but another person seems to have summed it up) and the legislation is not making sense.

Here is an example:

Weddings and funerals have specific limits to how many can attend. I get that and understand. People adhere to the specified limits to attendance in accordance to the new legislation - I get that and understand. Here's what I don't understand. What about when no one at the wedding or funeral has the illness and no one gets sick? I get that and understand. What about the converse? It takes one person at the wedding or funeral to infect the others. They all get sick and die.

What good was all the isolation? What good were all the limitations? What good was the legislation? Will the deaths be investigated? Will those who created the legislation take the blame for the deaths of those who adhered to their legislation?

If I was not at home isolating - I would probably never have come up with the scenario and questions above. Am just thinking out aloud - no law against that - and - there never should be in my humble opinion.

Am not trying to incite any arguements. I am at home isolating and only going out for essentials - and - I wait for as long as possible until I have to go out. Yesterday I attended to an essential appointment and made essential purchases. I could not find anywhere that had masks. How can I adhere to the suggestions when the goods are not available? I am a Lateral - Critical - Divergent Thinker so I will probably end up making my own masks. I will make them with several layers. A scientist friend suggested layers of cotton in between the fabric layers.

So - People are losing their Freedom of Movement and many other Freedoms. Whatever happens - particularly after we go 'dark' and come back online - it appears we will have a New World maybe even a New World Order. The only question I have about that is this: Will the New World Order be a Benevolent one of a Malevolent one?

Thank You Malcolm et al for providing a safe place to think and communicate.

Much Respect - Amanda

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th April 2020)

Thanks
    It's not influenza virus. It's coronavirus. This is a different family of viruses. Other dangerous versions include SARS and MERS. And they all cause acute respiratory syndromes.

The comparison with flu is only useful as a general comparison of pandemics, which has happened with Spanish flu and others.

But this is not a flu.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th April 2020), Chris (10th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th April 2020), Wind (11th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    I am looking at statistics and I still don't see enough to warrant the use of the word pandemic. After speaking with several medical professionals - the virus appears to be a particularly virulent strand of influenza. Where I live we have zero cases.
    Amanda, I have stated higher up that this thread is not for denialism, and yet you persist. Please don't make me remove you from this thread.

If you want to be so stubborn as to not believe in the facts, then that's on you. But the facts are the facts, and you are not a scientist. I am. And what's more, I may actually have the virus, because the virus doesn't just cause respiratory problems. It also causes gastrointestinal problems, with or without a fever. And I have indeed had gastrointestinal problems with fever and elevated blood pressure a few weeks ago, and I'm having the same problems again now. I've also just heard from a dear friend in the USA ─ who is also a member here, although she doesn't post much anymore ─ that she has the same symptoms as I have.

The virus is known to appear gone for a few weeks and then resurface again in the same people as who already had the disease earlier, as if the infected person didn't develop any antibodies, or else the virus must have mutated inside the host so as to render the antibodies useless. The flu doesn't do that. The novel coronavirus does.

29% of the infected only have gastrointestinal problems and no respiratory problems. 33% develop respiratory problems but no gastrointestinal problems. Some people have no symptoms at all. Felines develop both gastrointestinal problems and respiratory problems.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It's not influenza virus. It's coronavirus. This is a different family of viruses. Other dangerous versions include SARS and MERS. And they all cause acute respiratory syndromes.

The comparison with flu is only useful as a general comparison of pandemics, which has happened with Spanish flu and others.

But this is not a flu.
    Correct. And my worry now is not what will happen to me if I do indeed have the virus, but that I would be infecting other people with it.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (10th April 2020), Dreamtimer (10th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th April 2020), Wind (11th April 2020)

Thanks
    A friend of mine works in a liquor store and comes into contact with people regularly. He has not gotten sick. He could be carrying the virus around. I won't go visit him, probably for quite some time. He thinks maybe he's immune. But he hasn't been tested so he doesn't really know anything.

My brother tested positive even though he has been symptom free. He immediately sequestered himself in his room for the safety of his family. Very good thinking on his part.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th April 2020), Chris (10th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (10th April 2020), Wind (11th April 2020)

Thanks
    that's like way too close, DT...I agree with Aragorn...the gastrointestinal symptoms are very common among people that I've communicated with...COVID-19 or stress. The big unknown much like the 'Allergies' or COVID-19 question. Before we went to work from home just about everybody I worked with particularly the 1st week or two from home were complaining of the same maladies.

But, in effect, that could be a good thing as people are building immunities if it is the COVID-19

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th April 2020), Chris (10th April 2020), Dreamtimer (11th April 2020), Wind (11th April 2020)