Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout Following Attempted Coup in US

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The FBI continues to do its investigations. In America, and other countries, there are public records of all sorts available. One is the criminal complaint against a Florida woman who was at the Capitol.

She first denied her presence and then threatened the FBI about it.

[She] was charged this week with threatening to injure a person after posting a Jan. 31 video on Facebook, titled “F*ck the FBI!!,
    “Hi, all my TikTok patriot friends. Gotta have a drink,” Kaye says in the video. “Just got a call from the FBI and they want to come talk to me about my visit to D.C. on January 6th. I told them you can’t come and talk to me unless I have counsel, and being that I can’t afford counsel, you’ll have to arrest me so I can use my right of counsel.”

While drinking from a bottle of bourbon, Kaye says she told the FBI to arrest her...

"You think I'm going to let you come f*cking talk to me?" she says. "You're out of your mother f*cking mind, bro. That's not going to happen."

Kaye goes on to threaten the FBI, citing her constitutional rights as justification.

"I'm a f*cking patriot, and I exercise my First Amendment right on my freedom of speech and my Second Amendment right to shoot your f*cking ass if you come here," Kaye says.

No doubt they will graciously take her up on her offer.

Kaye also reportedly told agents that she never visited D.C., although a criminal complaint unsealed on Thursday claims that the woman had admitted to being in the nation's capital in a statement on social media.

[Kaye] is just the latest in a long string of arrests of individuals reportedly linked to the attack on the Capitol.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Aragorn (19th February 2021), Elen (19th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2021), Octopus Garden (24th February 2021)

Thanks
    Tangentially related:

Lost in the news on the day of Trump’s Insurrection was a devastating new watchdog report to Congress on the politicizing and distorting of intelligence during Donald Trump’s time in office.

The analytic ombudsman, career intelligence community veteran Barry A. Zulauf, determined that under Trump national intelligence reports had become highly politicized. Important findings were suppressed to appease Trump’s refusal to acknowledge Russian interference in American elections.

Zulauf’s unclassified report paints a frightening picture of just how much the Trump administration skewed intelligence to suppress knowledge of interference by Russia in our 2020 elections.

(snip)

Zulauf determined that Trump’s ODNI took “willful actions that… had the effect of politicizing intelligence, hindering objective analysis or injecting bias into the intelligence process.”
    The underlying grave concern is evident.

If our political leaders in the White House and Congress believe we are withholding intelligence because of organizational turf wars or political considerations, the legitimacy of the Intelligence Community' s work is lost. Intelligence officers, even those at the highest levels, cannot allow political considerations to influence analysis, and must stand as a bulwark against all political pressures, even if the cost is that senior customers do not like what the intelligence community assesses. As PE Neil Wiley has stated (and I paraphrase), intelligence is the only great function of state that does not come to top decision makers with an agenda, wanting something. The purpose of intelligence is to provide objective, unbiased, and policy-neutral assessments. We are, perhaps, most important to decision makers when we bring to them the bad news, or what they don 't want to hear. This is an ethical challenge to intelligence professionals, and sometimes demands moral courage to carry out. Other institutions are inherently political and are much less likely to bring bad news. If we lose that objectivity, or even are perceived to have lost it, we have endangered the entire reason for us to exist.
    I believe Trump would have been quite happy about that last bit. Then he could really be unleashed, no shackles, nothing at all to hold him back.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Aragorn (19th February 2021), Elen (19th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2021)

Thanks
    William “Billy” Chrestman of Olathe, Kansas...now faces multiple federal charges related to his behavior that day, including conspiracy, civil disorder, and obstruction of an official proceeding. His attorneys are claiming that Trump invited him and his fellow Proud Boys to engage in the violence.
    “It is an astounding thing to imagine storming the United States Capitol with sticks and flags and bear spray, arrayed against armed and highly trained law enforcement,” Chrestman’s attorneys said in a court filing this week. “Only someone who thought that they had an official endorsement would even attempt such a thing. And a Proud Boy who had been paying attention would very much believe he did.”
    Chrestman’s attorneys claimed in their filing that the rioters were “actively misled” by Trump: “Trump told the assembled rabble what they must do; they followed his instructions. Then, he ratified their actions, cementing his symbiotic relationship with the rioters.”
    He’s hardly alone in that stratagem. A Texas real estate agent who flew to Washington by private jet to attend Trump’s rally said she was there because of Trump, and invaded the Capitol on his behalf. “He asked us to fly there. He asked us to be there. So I was doing what he asked us to do,” she said.

She regretted having gone at all: "I bought into a lie, and the lie is the lie, and it's embarrassing," Ryan told The Washington Post. "I regret everything."

A number of other arrestees are making the same claim, mostly for strategic legal reasons. Even though it is unlikely to be enough to establish their innocence, legal experts say, it could be a mitigating factor when it comes to sentencing, especially for those with clear criminal records.
    Cult mentality is being used as a defense.

"You have to understand the cult mentality,” said Broden, whose client is charged with entering the Capitol and threatening U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, saying she should be assassinated. “They prey on vulnerable victims and give them a sense of purpose. In this case, Trump convinced his cult followers that they were working to preserve democracy."
    A 20-year-old Maryland man, Emanuel Jackson, similarly blamed Trump, even though bodycam footage showed him hitting police officers with a baseball bat. "The nature and circumstances of this offense must be viewed through the lens of an event inspired by the President of the United States," Jackson’s attorney, Brandi Harden, wrote in court filings.
    These self-described patriots are not at all pleased with the wussy excuse-making of their leaders trying to blame antifa and the Dems:

“Don’t you dare try to tell me that people are blaming this on antifa and [Black Lives Matter],” wrote insurgent Jonathan Mellis on Facebook days after the event., prior to being charged with multiple crimes. “We proudly take responsibility for storming the Castle. Antifa and BLM or [sic] too pussy … We are fighting for election integrity. They heard us.”

“It was not Antifa at the Capitol,” wrote “Stop the Steal” organizer Brandon Straka, who has ties to Trump. “It was freedom loving Patriots who were DESPERATE to fight for the final hope of our Republic because literally nobody cares about them. Everyone else can denounce them. I will not.”

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Aragorn (19th February 2021), Elen (19th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (19th February 2021)

Thanks
    Washington state Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler was one of just 10 House Republicans to vote for impeachment:

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This is not fallout. This is what went on in the White House during the Administration. This is what the man Fundamentalists are telling us was sent by God wanted to do.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Aragorn (21st February 2021), Elen (21st February 2021), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    I wonder where Trump in his career had all the bodies buried. This 'awareness' from the 'Cosmic Consciousness' was probably the source of the Clinton Kill Squad conspiracies. No thought exists in a contextual vacuum.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2021), Elen (21st February 2021)

Thanks
    Projection on an etherial level?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Elen (22nd February 2021), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2021)

Thanks
    yeppo

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd February 2021), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2021), Elen (23rd February 2021), Octopus Garden (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Investigations are ongoing. More arrests and indictments are underway. This discussion investigates the Flynn and the making of 'Q'.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2021), Elen (25th February 2021), Emil El Zapato (24th February 2021), Octopus Garden (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    [F]ormer Army Ranger Jessica Watkins, figured prominently in filings by prosecutors about just how far these domestic terrorists...were willing to go. According to prosecutors, Watkins believed she came to Washington on Trump’s direct orders.
    Jessica Watkins, 38, of Champaign County, told U.S. District Judge Amit P. Mehta in the District of Columbus that she was appalled and humiliated by the events of Jan. 6.

"As soon as I’m out, whether acquittal or release, I’m canceling my Oath Keepers membership," she said. "I have no desire to continue with people who say things like that."
    But Mehta didn’t buy it.

"I've thought about this quite hard, Miss Watkins," the judge said. "And I think, at the end of the day, I just can't get there. I don't think putting you on home detention would ensure the safety of the community ... You are an active participant, organizer, leader of others in engaging in this kind of conduct. The material found at your home certainly suggests further potential for organizing and further potential for violence."
    That “material” included a stash of weapons and tactical gear, as well as “a recipe for making a destructive device.” Mehta added that her previous desire to, as he put it, “fight, kill, and die over the result of this election” belied her claims to have not taken part in any violence on that horrible day.

Bless her heart, she’s done “cosplaying sedtionist” and would like to go home, thank you very much.

(not my editorial)

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd March 2021), Elen (3rd March 2021), Emil El Zapato (2nd March 2021), Octopus Garden (3rd March 2021)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I heard there is going to be some kind of Q march on March 4. So funny in an almost endearingly deranged way.

https://theconversation.com/can-qano...t-might-155192

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd March 2021), Dreamtimer (3rd March 2021), Elen (3rd March 2021), Emil El Zapato (3rd March 2021), Wind (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Some Q's have broken away ... As the free at last have stated the prime motivating factor for believers is a stark fear that their lives are out of their control ... and then they acquiesce to their captors/protectors. That phenomenon has been described as 'The Stockholm Syndrome'. Now there's a huge surprise. It is very similar to a child caught in the inescapable parental double-bind with their physical and existential life hanging in the balance. The weak succumb. Weakness is not a decision, it is a situational state of being that requires huge psychological resources to change.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd March 2021), Dreamtimer (3rd March 2021), Elen (4th March 2021), Wind (3rd March 2021)

Thanks
    Some fallout is of a good kind. Like falling out of the cult mentality. As an evangelical I would think it would be even more difficult.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th March 2021), Elen (18th March 2021), Emil El Zapato (17th March 2021)

Thanks
    There have been 800 arrests now. These are the result of investigations which include help from Americans who saw/heard evidence.

The most likely factor which led any American county to send an insurrectionist was this, "The more the decline of the non-hispanic white population, the more likely the county was to send an insurrectionist."

It's less than one in a thousand times that this happened by chance.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dskVval50AE

The white replacement theory has been coming up on mainstream outlets, notably with Tucker Carlson. But he doesn't stand alone.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th May 2021), Emil El Zapato (27th May 2021), Wind (27th May 2021)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    There have been 800 arrests now. These are the result of investigations which include help from Americans who saw/heard evidence.

The most likely factor which led any American county to send an insurrectionist was this, "The more the decline of the non-hispanic white population, the more likely the county was to send an insurrectionist."

It's less than one in a thousand times that this happened by chance.

The white replacement theory has been coming up on mainstream outlets, notably with Tucker Carlson. But he doesn't stand alone.
    Ok, I'm really surprised ... really surprised. I guess they're pissed off because they have to give someone other than their relatives an equal break.

Wow, that's some seriously heavy stuff:

I see the threat they feel, but the imbalance of perspectives still remains. Those people are thinking enough is enough, with 50 years of half-measures, we've made up for over 400 years of practical and philosophical 'othering' of frankly all others. That's visceral stuff, beyond culture to the heart of genetic instincts. That's the sentience of another branch of homo sapiens ... just thought I'd throw that in ... .

I think it is as Joan Rivers used to say: "Can we talk?" This is not limited to the U.S. This is undoubtedly a worldwide phenomenon. And the momentum cannot be changed. I hate this saying but, "it is, what it is". It isn't typical for species to be eliminated by force, but it is typical that species disappear by subsumption, very typically for the primates. I guess the final battle is beginning, right here and right now.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 27th May 2021 at 16:31.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th May 2021), Dreamtimer (27th May 2021), Wind (27th May 2021)