Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Next USA President - Marianne Williamson

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Christopher View Post
    What makes you think that the 'Mother thought ' is relevant to successfully being President?
    that's easy.....

...because U had to ask...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2019), Aragorn (17th March 2019), Dreamtimer (29th May 2019), Elen (18th March 2019)

(account terminated) England
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I daresay, Christopher, your scimitar sized Occam's Razor would prevent you from recognizing a Solomon.
    I daresay a few perceptive people -- sorry to exclude you ----- might feel like calling me Solly in tacit deference .
    You can call me Sol if you like , as I know you need the light to shine on you before it gets permanently dark .

But well done .
    You made a post which was not blatantly angry and you spelt , Razor , correctly .

Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    that's easy.....

...because U had to ask...
    Thanks for underlining the intelligence and relevance of my query .
    It is what Contrarians do . Get to the root of problems and opportunities .
    Well spotted .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th March 2019), Dreamtimer (29th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th March 2019), Dreamtimer (18th March 2019), Elen (18th March 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Wind I think the good news is that if a few key fragments start the process, it will proceed rather quickly down the chain. but we don't have a lot of wiggle room.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to starry night For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2019), Aragorn (20th March 2019), Dreamtimer (20th March 2019), Elen (20th March 2019), Wind (20th March 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Christopher View Post
    I have already given reasons why I believe her Presidential success chance is effectively zero .
    But putting that on one side ,
    What makes you think that the 'Mother thought ' is relevant to successfully being President?
    Of course we all know about stereotypical Mother advantages and benefits -- comfort , care , compassion etc . But in terms of job description how can you ever reasonably demonstrate these assumed beneficial qualities in action and in results ?
    Plus . Churches and centres of Spirituality exist alongside Government and should affect and influence . Separately from the State or Republic function .As per merry England et al .

Naturally , if there is a Solomon available or a choice of Philosopher Kings / Queens , that would be a bonus .
    But they are few and far . In fact I cannot think of any in modern historical times . Can you ?
    the answer is outside of the box of your question, so I will try and point the way, but you will have to climb out of the box yourself.

It is not to be found in "Mother Thought." There is an entire realm, a dimension, a way of being in the world that is accessed through your feelings, your emotions, away from words, away from thoughts, into the non-rational, vibrating, moving, space-opening, magnetic, power; into the scary, dark, feminine, intuitive, connected...

I'm not sure what your experience will be if you chose to explore the world, the universe, outside of your box. Some people on the other side will not trust you. They might vilify you. And that is a problem. It is one I am working on solving. I am a bridge person.

But I think it is worth the risk. It is choosing life, in my estimation. But it might not look like that to you, so you'll have to make your own decision. Do your own do diligence. But include things beyond the freakin' internet! When was the last time you had a good cry? When was the last time you gave someone a big hug? Go look someone in the eye and make yourself vulnerable. Dude, just sayin.
    Last edited by starry night, 20th March 2019 at 08:00.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to starry night For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd May 2019), Aragorn (20th March 2019), Dreamtimer (20th March 2019), Elen (20th March 2019)

Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd May 2019), Dreamtimer (4th May 2019), Elen (3rd May 2019)

Thanks

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2019), Dreamtimer (18th May 2019), Elen (18th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    A quick glance shows that Marianne has been all over the media. Good for her.

I caught a bit of her on NPR's show 1A the other day. (I'm usually listening to music)

It's 35 minutes.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2019), Aragorn (18th May 2019), Elen (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    We may agree this guru girl would be xlent in the oval, yes ?.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2019), Dreamtimer (18th May 2019), Elen (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    Better than any other candidate. Unfortunately, that usually means a person won't win.

Under the current winds of chaos, who knows? We could end up with her or we could end up in a nightmare of protectionist xenophobic capitalist/fascist bankruptcy. And then we'll have the civil war some seem to be salivating for.

I'll hope for the first.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2019), Aragorn (18th May 2019), Elen (20th May 2019)

Thanks
    She is imo very very much on the RADAR, very much, waiting n will come about, how well I do not know but she will at least get many mins of fame as such.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th May 2019), Dreamtimer (29th May 2019), Elen (25th May 2019)

Thanks
    Things now becoming pivotal for Marianne with debates coming up

Last edited by Elen, 30th June 2019 at 07:50. Reason: Embedded video

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th June 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    Did you watch? I was impressed she made the debates.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (27th June 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Elen (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    She did very well, she spoke different from her peers and you could feel her ( even here in NZ lol ) .

This is a wee bit of news after the debates > https://www.marianne2020.com/posts/m...a-after-debate

Fresh off her presidential debate performance, one that catapulted her to the top of Google candidate searches for the evening, Marianne Williamson returned to Iowa today for a series of events with local Democrats.
    At an event in Grimes, the author acknowledged that some of her comments on stage about the lack of importance of policy plans may have come off as “silly.” She noted the social media jokes that followed, but reassured the crowd she both had extensive policy ideas and knew the necessity of getting them passed.
    “I am a left-wing Democrat. I am a progressive Democrat,” Williamson told a crowd at a later event in Boone. “I want that $15/hour minimum wage, I want to have a Medicare available, I want to have free college and state universities, and I want to have an eradication of that college loan debt. But to me, that’s not where it ends, that’s where it begins.”
    But many of her other remarks today followed her usual unique stump speech focused on healing the divide in American politics, the message that helped turn heads during the debate.

“This man [Trump] is a phenomenon. And he will only be defeated by a phenomenon,” Williamson argued. “And an insider political conversation is not going to defeat the outsider power of Donald Trump … We have to be able to motivate and generate the same kind of passion.”
    In Boone, she spoke to about 40 local Democrats who had gathered for a picnic despite the 100+ degree heat index. She drew the loudest applause and cheers of the five major speakers during her animated delivery. Dr. Jill Biden, John Delaney, Joe Sestak and John Bessler (Amy Klobuchar’s husband) were also on hand.
    She also drew some curiosity from the other presidential campaign staffers at the Boone event. Nearly all came over from their booths to listen in to Williamson speak for a while. Williamson later went to talk with them.
    “We need to emotionally and psychologically re-bond with the principles of the Declaration of Independence,” Williamson said. “The idea that all men are created equal. The idea that God gave all of us inalienable rights.”
    For many Iowans, it was their first time seeing Williamson in person, though she has traveled the state a good deal this past year. Several were impressed.

“I thought she did pretty well in the debates,” Alex Mullins of Ames said. “The message she was trying to convey got a little misconstrued. But today, I think, was really eye-opening for us.”
    “I think her spirituality is important,” Erica Iverra, also of Ames, who came with Mullins, said. “A lot of the way she thinks about things, how everything is connected. Bringing up the whole point of marijuana and legalizing it … talk about why people are trying it in the first place.”
    The debate performance made her seem “a little fluffy” to Mullins and Iverra, but following Saturday’s town hall, not so much.
    “In education, in maternal, paternal leave, in climate change, and abortion … I think it all connects,” Iverra said.
    This was Mullins and Iverra’s first time seeing a presidential candidate in person this cycle, but they said they were looking forward to other candidates’ visits in the coming weeks.
    “After today, she’s really a serious contender in our eyes,” Mullins said.
    After watching her in the debate, Bernie Poore, a retired John Deere worker from Johnston, attended the Williamson event in Grimes.
    “She has it right,” Poore said. “Her thoughts and background of what’s wrong with what the situation is and the seriousness of the situation, she has it right … The policies are only one part of it, the ability to get them across or to win an election is the golden key.”
    Poore says he’s watching Elizabeth Warren most closely, but wonders if she, too, could beat Trump.
    Most, of course, have her down as one of many potential options to caucus for at this point. Considering few knew who she was before the debate, that’s still an improvement.
    “As a voter, obviously, it’s way too early and there are too many candidates, but for right now, if she can stay in it, I would definitely be interested in voting for her,” said Shaun Ahren, a landscaper from Ankeny. “I liked her message. I think we need to go deeper than the superficial stuff.”

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Chester (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I like her
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2022), Aragorn (9th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019)