Thread: Guess who, Know who

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 500 Posts

Guess who, Know who

I have been banned this evening from ever playing "guess who" with my son, unless I leave the pendant around my neck!

"Guess Who: Each player starts the game with a board that includes cartoon images of 24 people and their first names with all the images standing up. The game starts with each player selecting a card of their choice from a separate pile of cards containing the same 24 images. The object of the game is to be the first to determine which card one's opponent has selected. Players alternate asking various yes or no questions to eliminate candidates, such as "Does this person wear glasses?" The player will then eliminate candidates by flipping those images down until all but one is left. Well-crafted questions allow players to eliminate one or more possible cards."

My son had managed to whittle his choices down to only two whereas I had seven left.

I was preparing myself for defeat when a sudden thought occurred to me. I removed my necklace and decided to use it as a pendulum for the first time.

Now I recall before the big crash Cearna had a thread on pendulums, and one of the questions I in fact posed was "would a necklace serve as a suitable pendulum?"

Anyhoo, after some suspicious looks and impatient grunts in my direction I decided that one of the seven choices made my pendant swing anti-clockwise, so I narrated my decision and was immediately delighted to be met with howls of indignation at being correct LOL.

Much the same happened in the second game and again the odds were heavily stacked against me, his two to my EIGHT!

Purposefully I removed my secret weapon, and again the pendant identified my opponents choice. When I voiced my answer my son blurted out how unfair I was to endorse such foul tactics and I gleefully sat there in new found wonder hee hee hee.

The movements were subtle and more practice is needed but the odds speak for them selves, whatever mechanics are at play it seems this little innocuous method is reliable in at least thrashing children at board games.

I then pondered the greater applications, and of course the national lottery was an obvious contender, but would I be allowed to have access to such wealth, well if I am allowed to unashamedly whip a small child repeatedly in a family game then hell yes LMAO!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd October 2013), Cearna (24th October 2013), Frances (23rd October 2013), KosmicKat (24th October 2013), Spiral (23rd October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,882 Times in 3,290 Posts
    whatever mechanics are at play it seems this little innocuous method is reliable in at least thrashing children at board games.
    Only a small step to world domination mate,

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Useful Post:

Altaira (23rd October 2013), Cearna (24th October 2013), Frances (23rd October 2013), Mark (23rd October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    One small step for mankind - one giant leap for Caleb. I dare you to try it for some real purpose!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th October 2013), Mark (24th October 2013), Spiral (24th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts
    I think that's a hoot...and a good lesson for your son teaching him to always size up his opponent...especially when he believes victory is in his bag.

How about whipping your pendent out and give us some numbers just for the fun of it.

Has your son tried using your pendent to get an edge on you yet?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th October 2013), Cearna (24th October 2013), Mark (24th October 2013), Spiral (24th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,405 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Yeah I'm with sparky , can we have Fridays winning numbers lol xx

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tribe For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th October 2013), Cearna (24th October 2013), Mark (24th October 2013), Spiral (24th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Tribe View Post
    Yeah I'm with sparky , can we have Fridays winning numbers lol xx
    Hope it works for you, never did for me, I settled for all my needs to be provided for each day. But, who knows, you just might be the lucky one to be considered as needing it, but well the challenges coming with a big win, might be an even worse bargain.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Altaira (24th October 2013), KosmicKat (24th October 2013), Mark (24th October 2013), Spiral (24th October 2013), Wolf Khan (16th November 2013)