Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Near-death experiences

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

Near-death experiences

This channel has pretty amazing interviews about NDE's. Death is not the end, it's just a transition.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8o2rcWldWk

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbtFuH_V-pw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEnE61R_aLI

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2020), Aragorn (2nd September 2020), Cearna (2nd September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (2nd September 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Kathy (2nd September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Considering how different all of these experiences by different people are ─ I'm not necessarily talking of the videos in the previous post ─ I think there's a psychological effect involved, related to what a person believes to be true. And by this, I do not mean their religion, because that last woman was an agnostic, but that was a conscious choice she had made, and that is usually made by people who had been exposed to a religious indoctrination earlier.

Such an indoctrination leaves traces in one's psyche ─ a conditioning, and subconscious/unconscious beliefs. And I think that when people are on the cusp between life and death, their consciousness conjures up those subconscious/unconscious beliefs and causes them to "materialize" into an experience. It creates a new reality for that person to dwell in, based upon the subconscious/unconscious beliefs that the person was conditioned for by their indoctrination and childhood beliefs.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2020), Cearna (2nd September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2020), Kathy (2nd September 2020), Wind (2nd September 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Great info...thanks a million dear Wind!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2020), Aragorn (2nd September 2020), Cearna (2nd September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2020), Wind (2nd September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hey Aragorn, that is the classic explanation but the 'The End of Upside Down Thinking' goes a credible distance in exploring beyond that.

I'm having an ongoing near life experience.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2020), Aragorn (2nd September 2020), Cearna (3rd September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Wind (2nd September 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    As I have written many times I have had to decide many times come face to face with possible death to come. The first time was at my birth - I was 1 of 4 children born in my family with the Rh factor in those days nothing could be done about it, I was the only one to actually live, and I was on the brink for 3 days, till I decided I was here now and had better get on with coming back to life, so I healed myself of the yellow jaundice and lived on. I went back to this time in two Rebirth sessions, so I know a little of what this entailed.

The next time I just knew I was going inch by inch and no one seemed able to help, so I embarked on alternative Medicine every way I could afford. This resulting in my meeting Ivan, when I asked for help. I asked what was wrong, he said I had a disease no one could cure, not even me by using Reiki. I asked, was it my time to die or not, his answer was did I want to and I said no, so he said OK well see what we can do. So every night for 3 months the Archangels, Ivan, Gabrielle and the Archangel of the Light and Tsong khapa A Tibettan Spirit healed me for 3 hours and the said I was cured, it was only when my sister died of cancer, that I asked what it was and was told I had Leukaemia, I was born with 1 cell inside the white immune cells that made itself into the wrong shape and continue fed to the overabundance of white cells.

The next time, when it came back again and was already acute and according to the doctor beyond help, I once again asked do I need to die now and was asked do you want to - no - so I came through it again.

The next time after a lot of head pain, I went into a coma, and came out 5 days later having a brain bleed operation. The next 2 bleeds in my brain at least we were prepared and got the operations before my body went into shut down as it had done the first time, and once again I asked do I have to die, was asked do you want to and was told we will get you through, so at 81 I am still going though, someone every day is telling in my mind, I am here to kill you, and I say I will see you again tomorrow, but they are really hitting my head and it really hurts, so one day they may hear of me going all of a sudden, and it won't be of my choice, because I have been promised I will only go when I ask to go.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2020), Aragorn (3rd September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    You should hang around, Cearna

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd September 2020), Cearna (3rd September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I always find these stories fascinating. Thanks, Wind.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    David Ditchfield had a profound NDE (Near Death Experience) after a freak accident when he was dragged under a speeding train. During his NDE David met God, light beings, and returned with the ability to paint and compose symphonies.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6KC3NHembI

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th November 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Kathy (5th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Considering how different all of these experiences by different people are ─ I'm not necessarily talking of the videos in the previous post ─ I think there's a psychological effect involved, related to what a person believes to be true. And by this, I do not mean their religion, because that last woman was an agnostic, but that was a conscious choice she had made, and that is usually made by people who had been exposed to a religious indoctrination earlier.

Such an indoctrination leaves traces in one's psyche ─ a conditioning, and subconscious/unconscious beliefs. And I think that when people are on the cusp between life and death, their consciousness conjures up those subconscious/unconscious beliefs and causes them to "materialize" into an experience. It creates a new reality for that person to dwell in, based upon the subconscious/unconscious beliefs that the person was conditioned for by their indoctrination and childhood beliefs.

Absolutely. The mind here lays the foundation for the after life experience. Robert Munroe made this claim, as did C.S Lewis, in a book called, "The Great Divorce". And I believe Emmanuel Swedenborg claimed the same thing.

This doesn't mean that life beyond doesn't really exist--that it's a figment of imagination. The after life is very real, imho.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th November 2020), Kathy (5th November 2020), Wind (5th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Fantastic talk. Dr Eben Alexander

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th November 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Wind (5th November 2020)

Thanks
    Our beliefs and cultures which are our operating system and programming shape the way we perceive the afterlife experience at least initially. If we are Christians, we probably will see Jesus and more Christian-like imagery at least at first, Hindus see their kind of imagery, Buddhists theirs and so forth. All of those deities are real too of course, but we like to have some certain forms and icons to perceive and I suppose it's just to make us more comfortable and not so confused upon entry. As Jesus said; "In my Father's house are many mansions."

Michael Newton's books The Journey of Souls and The Destiny of Souls describe the afterlife and reincarnation experience quite well, everything is about learning except that in eternity souls just don't develop the way they do here in this "reality" yet there are schools there too and places to learn and to do things in a way that souls desire to express themselves. The life beyond this one is the more real one, this one being more of an illusion or dream which is being dreamt and all of us are all the time shaping this collective reality to be what it is even though we all view this reality through our own perceptions too. We either know that we are dreaming or we do not, it's still an experience that we take to be very real, because that's the whole point of it. Polarization is achieved on this level and that's what the game of life is all about on this level of existence.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk5bSG78pbQ

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th November 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Octopus Garden (5th November 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Absolutely. The mind here lays the foundation for the after life experience. Robert Munroe made this claim, as did C.S Lewis, in a book called, "The Great Divorce". And I believe Emmanuel Swedenborg claimed the same thing.

This doesn't mean that life beyond doesn't really exist--that it's a figment of imagination. The after life is very real, imho.
    My brother plays in a local band in Wichita Kansas that acquired a lead singer after she had a terrible car accident. When she went into the hospital she had never done anything musical in her life. Now she's singing and playing the piano. She's no Melissa Etheridge by any stretch but not bad really.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Octopus Garden (5th November 2020), Wind (5th November 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Wind,

That makes perfect sense. The initial experience in the afterlife may be fashioned more by our preoccupations, culture, beliefs etc...as Aragorn explained, right here and right now, but after that things probably change.

I think material reality is where we have the most chance of change, in character, in ideas, in beliefs, through coming up against those who are very different than us and also, a stubbed toe is a learning experience. I don't know how that would work in the great beyond.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    My brother plays in a local band in Wichita Kansas that acquired a lead singer after she had a terrible car accident. When she went into the hospital she had never done anything musical in her life. Now she's singing and playing the piano. She's no Melissa Etheridge by any stretch but not bad really.
    Almost worth the experience just to be able to play a musical instrument!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th November 2020), Wind (7th November 2020)

Thanks
    ee, i'm not sure about that... I'd prefer trying it the traditional way ...

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th November 2020), Dreamtimer (9th November 2020), Elen (6th November 2020), Wind (9th November 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I just heard a very moving story. A friend of mine was dealing with the imminent deaths of her husband and mother. Her mother nearly died but lived on for a couple months after my friend's husband died. Her mother revealed that when she nearly died she had a choice. She could die then, or go back to her body and remain for another few weeks. She chose to go back to her body and be with her daughter because she knew that it would be too much for my friend to lose her husband and mother at the same time.

What a choice to make. What a loving spirit.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th November 2020), Elen (9th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th November 2020), Gio (29th March 2021), Wind (9th November 2020)