Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The exorcisms of Mr. Simon Parkes.

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Divine Feminine, what you said is a strong and clear example of what's already been said. There comes a point where you have to look at what people do and decide what you want to support or be associated with. It's part of personal responsibility. And hopefully we all take full responsibility for those choices that we make.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), donk (26th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016), modwiz (25th February 2016)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    If you're not interested in wasting time on BR than maybe you shouldn't be on this thread.
    This thread was actually about Simon Parkes and some recent concerns from a few folks who had what appears to be a bona fide bad experience with the man. Guess what? Under my current operational protocol, though I don't discount their claim and though I sense their claim may be quite accurate and true as they have presented it, It would take Simon, himself, to state that it is for the most part true. If he did so, then perhaps he might also apologize and also adjust his own operational protocols. But I won't condemn Simon Parkes despite what anyone says because I have found that by going on what other people say about someone specific might actually lead me to draw incorrect conclusions. This has happened to me so much in 2015 that this new operational protocol has become, for me, a hard and fast rule. I make no apologies for adopting this hard learned lesson.

As for your Hitler analogy, at some point early on I likely would have recognized character traits of Adolph Hitler which (being based on my own personal experience with the man) would likely have led me to conclude I prefer to have nothing to do with him.

Yet, it is a fact that I never did yet I would say that Hitler was a bad man based on all the massive amounts of documented evidence. You might recall that if Hitler were captured alive, he would have surely been convicted at Nuremberg and subsequently hung till dead. I am unaware if Bill Ryan (as well as almost all these folks we tend to try and convict via forum mobs) of actually being proven guilty of a crime. Rumors abound. Hell, when I made my mistake with one of the Shanolytes, all sorts of lies, twisted truths, etc. came forth from all sorts of "love lighters" and guess where I am at with it now? I consider the sources for these things. I also saw I was quite like these very sources. I made my changes. Perhaps you might one day do the same if you one day see wisdom in so doing. If not, that's still all your choice.

Perhaps folks might benefit from looking closely at why they wish to vilify another. If they actually have real, first hand experiences that would lead others to agree they should be... and you wish to make that public, be prepared to come forth with some reasonable proof. If not (as in the case of Malc the forum stalker/DDOSer as an example) it is all and only my opinion that folks should keep their suspicions to themselves as again, it becomes a trail by internet gang mob. Fortunately for Malc, he has the personal fortitude for it to not effect him like it did me when suddenly the Shanolytes cast me as Judas. But I learned from Malc on this one too. And what's funny is that every single internet forum I have ever been a member of I am still a member of today with one exception - and at that place I broke no rule! hahaha It was the consequence of an out of control internet mob.
    Last edited by Chester, 29th February 2016 at 15:27.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016), The One (25th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Divine Feminine View Post
    Sorry Modwiz, I don't agree, it's a valid point and there's nothing hysterical. If you're not interested in wasting time on BR than maybe you shouldn't be on this thread. Why the insults?
    I am not insulting you but, expressing my honest opinion of you. You thinking you made a valid point only enforces that opinion. My history with the forum processes and Sam make this thread a place for me to post. It is about Simon and not BR.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 25th February 2016 at 23:09. Reason: no ad hominems, please
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Chester (25th February 2016)

Thanks
    Shanolyte...nice. Creepy, too.

I get your perspective Sam. I think that as time goes by and you have really firmed up your personal perspective and ground and feel firmly resistant to the opinions of others you'll be able to sort out the facts (as evidenced by things like court records) and make up your own mind. Sometimes it's just hearsay, sometimes not.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Chester (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 571 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    This thread was actually about Simon Parkes and some recent concerns from a few folks who had what appears to be a bona fide bad experience with the man. Guess what? Under my current operational protocol, though I don't discount their claim and though I sense their claim may be quite accurate and true as they have presented it, It would take Simon, himself, to state that it is for the most part true. If he did so, then perhaps he might also apologize and also adjust his own operational protocols. But I won't condemn Simon Parkes despite what anyone says because I have found that by going on what other people say about someone specific might actually lead me to draw incorrect conclusions. This has happened to me so much in 2015 that this new operational protocol has become, for me, a hard and fast rule. I make no apologies for adopting this hard learned lesson.

As for your Hitler analogy, at some point early on I likely would have recognized character traits of Adolph Hitler which (being based on my own personal experience with the man) would likely have led me to conclude I prefer to have nothing to do with him.

Yet, it is a fact that I never did yet I would say that Hitler was a bad man based on all the massive amounts of documented evidence. You might recall that if Hitler were captured alive, he would have surely been convicted at Nuremberg and subsequently hung till dead. I am unaware if Bill Ryan (as well as almost all these folks we tend to try and convict via forum mobs) of actually being proven guilty of a crime. Rumors abound. Hell, when I made my mistake with one of the Shanolytes, all sorts of lies, twisted truths, etc. cam forth from all sorts of "love lighters" and guess where I am at with it now? I consider the sources for these things. I also saw I was quite like these very sources. I made my changes. Perhaps you might one day do the same if you one day see wisdom in so doing. If not, that's still all your choice.

Perhaps folks might benefit from looking closely at why they wish to vilify another. If they actually have real, first hand experiences that would lead others to agree they should be... and you wish to make that public, be prepared to come forth with some reasonable proof. If not (as in the case of Malc the forum stalker/DDOSer as an example) it is all and only my opinion that folks should keep their suspicions to themselves as again, it becomes a trail by internet mob. Fortunately for Malc, he has the personal fortitude for it to not effect him like it did me when suddenly the Shanolytes cast me as Judas. But I learned from Malc on this one too. And what's funny is that every single internet forum I have ever been a member of I am still a member of today with one exception - and at that place I broke no rule! hahaha It was the consequence of an out of control internet mob.
    A sociopath isn't going to admit they're at fault, seriously? You might want to take another look at the article I posted on the characteristics of a sociopath.

And FWIW, I used the example of Hitler because most people know who he his and the atrocities he's been accused of, so if some people have a problem with that, then come up with your own name to fill in the blank if it makes you feel better. Under the current circumstances many of us have talked amongst one another and feel based on what we are seeing and experiencing, there's a serious problem. I remember when some even tried to post 'evidence' on the forum and it was removed. Some evidence isn't appropriate to post, ya, I get it, but it doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate case. And like Simon is really going to admit that was his personal body part? The only proof I suppose is the possible phone number where the information came from, but of course that can't be posted either, right?

So since we all like to tout that we can think for ourselves, for some of us, between that line of thinking we have seen enough 'evidence' to be comfortable with our opinions which we are free to voice and share. Maybe if these people don't want to be vilified they should behave more appropriately and be responsible for their actions?
    Last edited by Divine Feminine, 25th February 2016 at 21:17.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Dreamtimer (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016), sarahdita85 (25th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Getting back to the Simon controversy and yes BR is a part of this as discussed earlier…….….

So let’s make a comparison- Recently Bill and Co. took the action of publicly shaming and revoking the membership of 3 former mods, including his ex-wife Christine from Project Avalon. Who could forget the thread’s title, “Closing the Avalon accounts of two long standing members”.
    In the opening statement Paul, Avalon’s long time administrator specifically comments:

“The Avalon Community WILL NOT be used as a place where such systematically abused victims are "harvested", or otherwise privately cajoled into experimentation with non-professional counseling or unproven healing modalities, or earmarked as targets to further exploit with private agendas great or small. The moderation team feels it is important to add that Project Avalon does not endorse unprofessional or inexperienced psychological counseling of such victims. We encourage members to report any conduct they feel is to the contrary.

Good counselors save lives. Christine and Karelia appear to be talented, spirited individuals - however they are not trained counselors, nor are they qualified to declare themselves "healers" of what are some of the most psychologically complex and challenging abuse victims. These victims need (and deserve) highly-trained trauma/abuse-victim support. It is our hope that Christine and Karelia will take this into consideration as they tread forward on their path. It will not continue at Avalon!”

DF talking now…..I will apologizing up front for pulling Christine and Karelia back into the public eye, but I felt it was necessary to demonstrate how ridiculous and unjustly they were treated in comparison to Simon’s activities. So it’s ok to publicly persecute these women 17 pages worth, because of the above concern…and yet, was anyone complaining about their services? I mean serious complaints? Weren’t their services given for free? Were they flashing their body parts to fellow members?!! Were they putting people off they promised to work with for several months making excuses as to why they could no longer continue the promised services and then continuing to skim for new clients? Maybe I missed pertinent information, and please set the record straight if my facts are wrong. I’ll be the first to admit I did not follow this story in microscopic detail due to time constraints, but I feel I saw enough to get the general point.

Take note of what Paul (who’s appears to be the Avalon spokesperson), says in bold black above…..I find these statements to be completely ironic considering the magnitude of the complaints that have come forward about Simon over the past few years. And yet there is only a mere 4 pages so far on his most recent alleged misconduct and a very short blurb by Bill responding to Alberto and Daniela the alleged victims see below:

Posted by Alberto e Daniela (here)
    The problem is that he found a serious situation, started a treatment, and promised to continue the following week, promised calling us on a specific date. It was not our request for further assistance: it was an ongoing treatment for a serious case, left in the middle.

Bill’s response:
    This is really important. A therapist/counselor taking on more than they can handle (or finish) can sometimes do serious damage. Like a surgeon with a patient on the operating table, if you 'open them up' (literally or figuratively) you can NOT just leave the patient there and walk away.

You MUST finish what you started, and if you encounter something you don't know how to handle, you don't, can't and mustn't just abandon your client. At LEAST, explain to them that there are difficulties and then do everything you can to find alternative support or solutions — such as recommending another therapist, and then doing a full handover, including all notes taken about the client, the progress made, and the information/situation known so far.

I too have personal experience with this (both personally and at close first hand), and it's one of the handful of absolute, non-negotiable, fundamental protocols for any therapist or counselor. An experience like Alberto and Daniela have reported is tantamount to a betrayal.

DF talking now…..Simon then comes in, makes a lame response(imo), (is it even Simon? geez how can I not think this after all I’ve seen):

Simon:
    “Obviously I was very disappointed not to have been able to have met Danielle and Alberto. The facts are, that recently Danielle and Alberto emailed me on a wednesday saying that they would be in my home town on Saturday and they would like to meet up. Unfortunately I was not in a position to do so, indeed, my calendar is committed 4-6 weeks ahead and I cannot just drop one engagement for another. There have also been incredibly difficult technical isues where my messages have not been delivered and also messages to me have not been received. However I will be contacting Danielle and Alberto so that we can meet up.

In regard to the post mentioning Fran. Fran left the decision making part of Connecting Conciousness because she felt it was high time that she undertook a greater aspect of her healing skills. This necessitated relinquishing the day to day aspects that I had agreed with her. Fran remains a good friend and an excellent colleague, and there are projects in the future which she knows I wish her to be involved in.

It's such a shame that I've not even had the time to visit Avalon as I would like. My commitment to Bill who is without question an outstandingly good person, will always remain strong and my lack of presence here should not be interpreted in any way as a negative stance.

All the best,
    Simon”

DF talking again….The Italian couple immediately responds…and I commend them for being well-spoken and polite considering their situation….And of course as of yet, Simon doesn’t publicly answer. So the burning question I can’t help but think…WHY THE HELL HASN’T SIMON’S MEMBERSHIP BEEN REVOKED? Why does he get a free pass when more than one person has come forward with complaints? And serious ones for that matter! Cause from what I see, he’s doing the very thing Project Avalon says they don’t condone! Hello! Just pointing out the obvious....

The logic many of us have watched and personally experienced on PA is beyond retarded and it’s the very reason why some of us are coming to the conclusion these people are sociopaths based on their behavior and how they treat others, as it categorically fits into the descriptions of a sociopath as seen here: http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_so...influence.html. I see an awful lot of ‘harvesting’ going on that supposedly isn’t allowed on their forum, again imo. Why do I get the feeling that forum is being used to specifically ‘harvest’ victims for some people’s own personal pleasure? Is this how they practice their black majik or whatever name you want to call it? Is this why people come back reporting strange experiences after being in contact with some of these individuals? You can bet this is happening on other forums too, not just PA.

At the time of this writing I did not see an apology by Bill or Simon which again, categorically fits into the behavior of a sociopath.
    #9) Sociopaths never apologize. They are never wrong. They never feel guilt. They can never apologize. Even if shown proof that they were wrong, they will refuse to apologize and instead go on the attack.

To me, apologizing and in a big way, would be a normal response. I personally would be mortified if someone I promoted inflicted said atrocities on a forum I was running. Is Simon even considered to be a professional counselor? I have not seen his credentials which is why I'm asking.

And if you ignore what these people have to say, the one’s coming forward, because you didn’t experience it, doesn’t that open a can of worms? So when you think of all the situations people get themselves into ….are we to ignore their experiences because it hasn’t happened to us? Can you imagine what society would be like if we ignored all the mishaps taking place around us? I'm merely suggesting you be careful about what you ignore.

This is my own personal opinion based on a combination of what I have both experienced and observed which is why I have taken the time to support a fellow TOT member and warn others of a potential nightmare awaiting them if they’re not careful about who they entrust their spiritual well-being with. If we are continually silenced in the name of political correctness it will never end. I bring a few examples forward(but not all), so some individuals might have a better understanding as to why some of us feel the way we do. Always research yourself, but understand just because you might not see some of the things we speak of, doesn't mean it isn't going on and how would you know if we didn't say anything?

PS. I don't know if it's appropriate to cut and paste remarks pulled from PA. I didn't want to paraphrase the comments as I didn't want to risk misrepresenting. So for the sake of accuracy I pulled from the horses mouth. If we need to do this a different way, I understand.

Links provided where quotes were pulled from:
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...0Action%20Now:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...n-Parkes/page3
    Last edited by Divine Feminine, 25th February 2016 at 21:29.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Chester (25th February 2016), donk (25th February 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Shanolyte...nice. Creepy, too.

I get your perspective Sam. I think that as time goes by and you have really firmed up your personal perspective and ground and feel firmly resistant to the opinions of others you'll be able to sort out the facts (as evidenced by things like court records) and make up your own mind. Sometimes it's just hearsay, sometimes not.
    Precisely and guess what mistake I made around mid-March of last year?

I took hearsay (meaning not his own testimony) from someone (person a) who was telling me what others had told him to someone else (person b) who told me "get the goods on the guy" (person c).

Now imagine how ironic it is that I am told by a well known internet celebrity (b) to get the goods on someone (c) where in less than 24 hours a completely different yet very much also an internet celebrity (a) happens to tell me what is about to happen to this third (and target) internet celebrity (c)? But this is the amazing universe within which we live.

And so like an idiot, one that held a very silly grudge and one who was trying to impress someone else (person b) so I carefully, at least I thought, copied and pasted (while changing the name of person a to an anonymous name as per their request) and then sent that information stating very clearly I considered it all and only hearsay to person b.

How funny that person b instead went straight to person c about that this was all going on and in less than 48 hours I have the strangest astral experience involving person c where one day after I experience a serious sciatic nerve attack, almost have to miss my trip to Costa Rica and where the astral experience involved a sigil and where the day after I get back from Costa Rica I find a shirt I had been wearing when the dream happened which had the oddest of "markings on it" and which I photographed for posterity (and to remember the lesson opportunity). Can someone say "black magick?" Some told me it was as this being (person c) was very heavily into such and surely he would have cast spells my way when he heard of my involvement in scandalizing him.

So here's the photos if interested and then I hope my closing comments will be read or the point of my post will be entirely missed.

Name:  SAM_0040-a.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  14.9 KB Name:  SAM_0040-b.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  8.6 KB

So... can I conclude definitively that person c performed black magick on me?

My answer is, no I cannot.

In fact, how I interpret this experience is that the depth of my being believes and in fact knows the role I played in that fiasco was wrong. It was because of this very inner knowing that I opened up to this astral experience and the strange sciatica attack and then to finding this odd "sigil" looking thing on my shirt I had worn during the days when my actions took place.

I see this new view of that experience (new because back then I concluded I was psychically attacked... a lovely meme that is bandied about all over this community) as far more healthy. It took me awhile to get to this view yet get there I did.

Yet before I did guess what then happened? This drama all spilled over right here onto TOT and all sorts of unnecessary BS occurred as a result.

Does anything here say if person c did this or that (or not) as so many rumors claim? No... not either way. It simply demonstrates that there's the right way to go about things and then there's the wrong way to go about things. I now see what I did there (going on hearsay only) as the wrong thing to do. I should have told person a that if they felt a need to get this into the public, do it themselves. I also should have told person a that he needs to go back to the folks who told him all these horrible experiences and tell them to either get a lawyer and sue person c or if these things are not necessarily illegal but certainly unethical and they feel they need to have him stopped, they better be able to back it up or risk being sued for defamation of character.

To me - these are serious matters and if people want to make claims about these public figures such as happened in the above described extreme case, then find the courage to go all the way as unless they are willing to, it will almost always backfire.

I can see at least that the complaint made by the couple over at PA (the link in the OP will take the reader there) was actually addressed by Simon. Note: Simon had not posted for over 14 months. Both parties seem to view the occurrences quite differently.

So what then might be a solution here? The only one I can at all see as viable is one suggested to me by Modwiz. That folks take care of themselves and if they find themselves in a "sticky" situation, realize their own responsibility in getting there and learn from the experience and don't get there again. If instead they find themselves the object of a real, actual crime, then either live with it or take action, legal if needed and civilly if not criminally.

By the way, when I washed the shirt... the "smudges" were gone. Someone suggested to me "It must have been Djinn dust." haha
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), Dreamtimer (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016)

Thanks
    @ DF

and then all other readers.

I just read very carefully DF's post #66 above.

Divine Feminine made several very compelling points... several.

I didn't read any irrationality in any of what was written.

I am feeling pretty lost at the moment. Its like... what are we really dealing with here? I don't just mean here on TOT or here in these forums.

Anyways, IMO Divine Feminine, this was a very well written, and not overly emotionally charged post with several very well supported points.

It's just a ride

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), donk (25th February 2016), Dreamtimer (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016)

Thanks
    Djinn dust. Hmmm. How much worse or better is that than smart dust? Both sound like something to be avoided.

Where's scibuster? I hope he's enjoying the conversation he started.

I missed the bit about the metal plate. Why would one have a metal plate under the bed?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th February 2016), Chester (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sam Hunter View Post
    I can see at least that the complaint made by the couple over at PA (the link in the OP will take the reader there) was actually addressed by Simon. Note: Simon had not posted for over 14 months. Both parties seem to view the occurrences quite differently.
    Well, Simon Parkes didn't have any choice anymore but to address that complaint, now did he? Bill Ryan had openly condemned the fact that Simon had neglected the Italian couple.

Project Avalon is important to Simon Parkes as a foraging terrain, and he cannot easily afford to lose that from his supporting infrastructure. So he had to come back on-line and address that.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (25th February 2016), Divine Feminine (25th February 2016), Dreamtimer (25th February 2016), Elen (26th February 2016), sarahdita85 (26th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 313 Posts
    Is/Was Simon ever a counselor of any kind? Officially I mean? Did he go to school to learn to do that or is it as suggested that he just fell into it? If it just happened once or twice where someone, could be anyone really, someone touched by something he said, and they come up and ask for help or advice right? So he does it and imagine that first time, you know that first time someone slips money to him? Had to be strange, especially if he wasn't trained, was in any way uncomfortable and my guess all the signs were there telling him in his gut don't. But he did anyway and that was that and the start. After that its just a matter of time really before the crap hits the fan and now its there. Big surprise. Many saw it coming and its like yep. We tried to tell ya and you kicked us out for it. Oh well your loss, he took the funds or the checks or whatever and made commitments and then didn't keep them. So what happens typically with anyone that says what they are going to do and then does the opposite or nothing is that they get called on it! Frankly I'm surprised it went so long. If he or anyone said he was getting back shortly then 14 days is too long. Any longer is just con and someone playing games both with you and themselves.

A true counselor would say to the counselor, go to the bank, take out what you owe those you dropped the ball and repay them with apologies or do the work. No excuses, not BS just do it get it over and then stop the game! In a way you all seeking this guy are your own worst enemies. Everyone legit tells anyone that all truths lay always within, that the answers are inside you, not outside you. You are not going to find your truth in Simon's lap! You only find it in your own!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jengelen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th February 2016), Divine Feminine (26th February 2016), Dreamtimer (26th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Jengelen View Post
    Is/Was Simon ever a counselor of any kind? Officially I mean? Did he go to school to learn to do that or is it as suggested that he just fell into it?
    No, he's not a trained professional. His normal job is as a driving instructor, and he's also a member of the Town Council of Whitby for the Labour Party. Last I heard he was trying to run for mayor.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (26th February 2016), Divine Feminine (26th February 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for clarifying Aragorn. I didn't think he was a professional, but wasn't 100% positive which is why I asked in my earlier post. All the more reason why he should be kicked off that forum for his outlandish behavior. I knew about the town council position.....but running for mayor...god help those people.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Divine Feminine For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Well, as long as people are worried about whether he lives up to Bill's standard of qualified healer (not to mention sterling integrity), he's not being accused of abuse or any other malicious manipulation...so he's got that going for him
    What is the purpose of your presence?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post
    Well, as long as people are worried about whether he lives up to Bill's standard of qualified healer (not to mention sterling integrity), he's not being accused of abuse or any other malicious manipulation...so he's got that going for him
    I want to pipe in with something I have not seen addressed about people in the online world. Indirect insinuation sticks in the mind and can then be pulled upin memory as a factoid.

A person known by others and identified as lets say "A" person is " A someone". Then behavior can be associated indirectly with that "A Someone" and then it is somewhere else reported that "A Someone" did such and such so we immediately think we know it was THIS "A Someone". This may be why it is suggested we be circumspect about accusing members and the whole PM gossip wheel??? I think so.

In the case of Simon, along the way I noted some seeming insinuation of inappropriate exposure or something that was vaguely worded. Way way back there was a thread on PA that was calling out a forum predator of some kind (not named) and the insinuation in my mind developed that maybe it was Simon without any direct link.

The same thing happens with accusations of others being trolls. IMO it is sad that being irriating and impolite and emotionally reactive and all the characterustics of trying to be in communication but failing in positive human communication becomes mixed up with nefarious "trolling".

I have nothing except indirect testimony with Simon as I never had a relationship but IMO these "whistle blower" story tellers are all wanting attention (I would say 99.99% probability). Otherwise, they would be not be asking us to follow their sagas as the center of our attention. And we are seeing how being "soft" on whistle blower confrontation leads to a tangle FOR THEM TOO.

So in a way, with Simon and his reputation, we ended up with much more damaging indirect accusations that cannot be addressed. And this is true for others. If we are real people and not bots, we need honest and fairly direct ways of vetting our trust.

IMO it is really important to create a vetting system that is direct and at the BEGINNING of contact with people who then go on to "develop" as characters.

And IMO PA has been the poster child for the problem in many separate relationships. As an example, in the case of Christine, the secrecy that was shrouded around the relationships and then later "divulged" when a break up occurred was really smarmy. This forum world looks like the worst kind of soap opera of "He said, She said" and it never develops in plot beyond a certain celebrity "In and Out" of popularity.

The set up BEHIND many examples of charlatan usury is our desperate need.

Maybe I do want a person to set a broken bone but my psyche is MINE!!! I doubt the underlying need for removers of implants, past regressionists, trauma deconstructionists, blue avian salvationists, and all psyche healers on any level. I am very WELL thank you. There is only my stiuff that makes me feel ill. I am very sure we are hampered by energy unawareness but no healer can help us see what we have denied. We need to look at our own blind spots. No biggies...practice with REAL life.

Buy in of belief ends up recycling through the latest popular "health" practitioner certified OR NOT. Thanks for letting me vent. Maggie

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2016), Chester (26th February 2016), Divine Feminine (26th February 2016), donk (27th February 2016), Dreamtimer (27th February 2016)