Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9495657585960616269109 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Three

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    While the blame game about the pipeline is going on, many Russians have been fleeing to Finland too.
    Putin has become everything he says he's fighting against, whether he knows it or not. He probably also doesn't realize that he's losing the support of his own people.

Over in the more rural areas, there were people who still supported him because they didn't know any better, but his decision to invoke military conscription is now starting to open up the eyes of those people as well. It won't be long anymore before either his declining health will put a stop to what he's doing, or before one of his own subjects takes him out with a sniper rifle.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (30th September 2022), Wind (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Sooooo, supposedly the Russians have now blown up their own Nord Stream gas pipelines. Any buyers on that one?

Sounds to me about as likely as the US blowing up their own Alaska Pipeline...
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, let's just say that if they were to line up the usual suspects for identification, they'd need a very big room.

I myself am not going to be naming anyone in particular as the culprit, simply because I don't have the faintest idea, but there's a whole bunch of potential candidates with a motive. The Russians? Possibly, yes. Ukraine? Possibly, yes. The Americans (or one of their NATO shills)? Possibly, yes. A Middle-Eastern oil state? Possibly, yes. The Chinese? Possibly, yes.
    Well, to me anyway, those questions don't seem that daunting to answer when we as both qui bono? - and who has the where with all to do the dirty in the first place.

- The Russians certainly have the capability, but it's of negative benefit to them, they no longer have that bargaining chip to hang over Germany's head as winter approaches.

- Ukraine it would of course certainly benefit (it all but ensures the war continuing without a hitch), but I seriously doubt they have that kind of technology, not without the help of big daddy anyway.

- Now the Americans/NATO? It certainly benefits them, along with ample means to pull it off. There is no longer the risk of a crack in NATO's united stance if Germany gets cold feet this winter, as there can now be no negotiations to reopen the pipelines. Case closed, not even massive protests can change that.

- Why would a Middle Eastern oil state want to get in the middle of that one?

- And the US has now essentially pushed Russia into the arms of China, they're getting to be pretty good buds, China has the means but again, why would they do that?

While the blame game about the pipeline is going on, many Russians have been fleeing to Finland too.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxY05sA5sDU

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_PKbE0niDw
    I'm sure that is indeed happening, but I do question the degree to which it's happening. Because again, Pro Western media outlets have zero interest in showing even one person in Russia that supports Putin, and every interest in the world to paint Putin/Russia as a monster. Nobody in the West is getting an objective view of this, not without actively seeking it out beyond the usual suspects.

It won't be long anymore before either his declining health will put a stop to what he's doing, or before one of his own subjects takes him out with a sniper rifle.
    Or a good old fashion color revolution in Red Square? Strip away all the trappings, and regime change is after all what this is ultimately about.

As an interesting aside, I wonder how much the protests in Germany helped tip the scales toward a blown up pipeline?

Thousands march in eastern Germany to protest soaring energy prices

Protesters carry banners bearing messages ‘Stop the price explosion’ and ‘Open Nord Stream now’
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/environment...prices/2696034

Joe Biden did say he'd do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FVbEoZXhCrM
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th September 2022), Wind (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    - Why would a Middle Eastern oil state want to get in the middle of that one?
    Because several countries in Europe are now receiving their gas supplies directly from them, and getting the Russian pipelines out of the way as a competitor would ensure that the Middle East can continue milking us dry on account of those gas prices.

But that all said, I do believe I'm picking up a bit of an American military scent in this one...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    But that all said, I do believe I'm picking up a bit of an American military scent in this one...
    Me too, but it's hard to know for sure. It wouldn't be the first false flag to happen though.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th September 2022), Fred Steeves (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    Me too, but it's hard to know for sure. It wouldn't be the first false flag to happen though.
    Well, I think the point that Fred is making below...

Now the Americans/NATO? It certainly benefits them, along with ample means to pull it off. There is no longer the risk of a crack in NATO's united stance if Germany gets cold feet this winter, as there can now be no negotiations to reopen the pipelines. Case closed, not even massive protests can change that.
    ... is a very good one, and it would be exactly in line with past machinations of the CIA that have in the meantime come to light. Or MI6, but I'm not sure what the British would be hoping to gain from this, unless they're only carrying out orders that Uncle Sam issued to them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

... is a very good one, and it would be exactly in line with past machinations of the CIA that have in the meantime come to light. Or MI6, but I'm not sure what the British would be hoping to gain from this, unless they're only carrying out orders that Uncle Sam issued to them.
    CIA was the first thing that came to my mind, but I'm sure that the British Navy might act as lap dogs for Uncle Sam too.

I think Biden too was serious, he wasn't joking when he said that thing. Of course this is about maintaining the US hegemony.

If Putin wouldn't have been tempted to invade Ukraine then he could have maintained his power, but now he made bad moves.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th September 2022), Fred Steeves (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    and it would be exactly in line with past machinations of the CIA that have in the meantime come to light.
    Yes, I was just about to comment as such when your quote notification rolled in.

It's important to note who has a history of this. The US has a rich history of false flags, while Russia seems to usually be pretty straight forward in pursuing their interests.

Or MI6, but I'm not sure what the British would be hoping to gain from this, unless they're only carrying out orders that Uncle Sam issued to them.
    They're kind of one in the same any more aren't they? Like I seriously doubt Boris Johnson would have acted on his own to scuttle a peace deal back in April:

Russia and Ukraine may have agreed on a tentative deal to end the war in April, according to a recent piece in Foreign Affairs.

“Russian and Ukrainian negotiators appeared to have tentatively agreed on the outlines of a negotiated interim settlement,” wrote Fiona Hill and Angela Stent. “Russia would withdraw to its position on February 23, when it controlled part of the Donbas region and all of Crimea, and in exchange, Ukraine would promise not to seek NATO membership and instead receive security guarantees from a number of countries.”

The news highlights the impact of former British Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s efforts to stop negotiations, as journalist Branko Marcetic noted on Twitter. The decision to scuttle the deal coincided with Johnson’s April visit to Kyiv, during which he reportedly urged Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to break off talks with Russia for two key reasons: Putin cannot be negotiated with, and the West isn’t ready for the war to end.
    https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...al-in-ukraine/

Socrates

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th September 2022), Wind (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,445 Times in 1,680 Posts
    The uk and us is the same deal.
    The anglo saxon empire.
    Which franchise does what is usually irrelevant as the franchisor controls em all..............
    Ní siocháin go saoirse

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Sidious For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th September 2022), Fred Steeves (30th September 2022), Wind (30th September 2022)

Thanks
    I'm sure that is indeed happening, but I do question the degree to which it's happening. Because again, Pro Western media outlets have zero interest in showing even one person in Russia that supports Putin, and every interest in the world to paint Putin/Russia as a monster. Nobody in the West is getting an objective view of this, not without actively seeking it out beyond the usual suspects.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECnucgnwhF8

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd October 2022), Fred Steeves (2nd October 2022)

Thanks
    Another pep talk from "the good guys":

Socrates

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2022), Lord Sidious (4th October 2022), modwiz (7th October 2022), Wind (3rd October 2022)

Thanks
    There's lots of propaganda flowing especially on Telegram, but also there are genuine Russian family members and soon to be widows asking for their soldier-men to have funding for basic supplies, because apparently the Russian military isn't giving them any. That would include any medical equipment too, you can't stop bleeding from bullet holes with cotton. All they get is guns and bullets and then they are being sent to their demise, some without proper training, others will be trained for a few weeks. Old and young men, with little to no military experience. Kinda how Stalin just used people as cannon fodder and sent them to their certain death. History sure does rhyme.

The best thing of course would be that this madness would stop so any more stupid casualties wouldn't be needed, but because certain factions and people are insisting on keeping it going, it will continue until some kind of escalation happens or the country will be bombed to bits. NATO and USA won't back down either, neither will Putin so it's lose-lose. Either way I don't see a very good outcome for this.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2022), Fred Steeves (4th October 2022), modwiz (7th October 2022)

Thanks

Now the Americans/NATO? It certainly benefits them, along with ample means to pull it off. There is no longer the risk of a crack in NATO's united stance if Germany gets cold feet this winter, as there can now be no negotiations to reopen the pipelines. Case closed, not even massive protests can change that.
    Another pep talk from "the good guys":
    So, between the above and Jimmy Dore's analysis, I think we can wager a fairly safe bet that it was Uncle Sam who blew up the Nordstream pipelines.

And in that case, I am wondering what the German response will be, or for that matter, NATO's response. Because if the USA were indeed the ones to have blown up those pipelines — and for the reasons cited — then that's not just an act of war against Russia, but also the betrayal of, and an act of war against a NATO ally. This should at the very least be met with severe sanctions against the USA.

"Should" — but there's no guarantee that it will be. Jimmy was right: under Frau Merkel, the USA wouldn't have been able to get away with that Machiavellian ploy so easily, but then again, she's not the one running Germany anymore, and her successor doesn't have much of a spine.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (7th October 2022), modwiz (7th October 2022), Wind (7th October 2022)

Thanks
    USA has been getting away with so much (acts of terror), why would it be any different in this case either?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2022), Fred Steeves (7th October 2022)

Thanks
    Because if the USA were indeed the ones to have blown up those pipelines — and for the reasons cited — then that's not just an act of war against Russia, but also the betrayal of, and an act of war against a NATO ally. This should at the very least be met with severe sanctions against the USA.

"Should" — but there's no guarantee that it will be. Jimmy was right: under Frau Merkel, the USA wouldn't have been able to get away with that Machiavellian ploy so easily, but then again, she's not the one running Germany anymore, and her successor doesn't have much of a spine.
    It's a real puzzler, I mean ffs even when going full throttle Machiavelli, you still need must tend to relationships with allies. What that little stunt there, it just doesn't make sense in regard to those allies, it looks more like an unchained demon just out to sow the seeds of chaos.

The rest of it can make some sense, when looked at from the viewpoint that the US is upset that the unipole moment they so enjoyed for but a brief time is gone, and now there are two more great powers out there again already. Uncle Sam not only has his sights set on taking down competitor Russia, don't look now but he's got designs on China as well.

It's already a catastrophic scenario that he's deluded enough to think he can just perform a couple of decapitations, and then just resume where things left off being king of the hill again, but to openly fuck a major ally like that in blowing up Germany's chance to call it a day on the sanctions so as not to freeze this winter? I don't know how the US can ever be trusted again, even by friends.

These kinds of moves are making Captain Chaos Orange Jesus look like a choir boy. That takes some real doing!

The only logic I can make of this, is if the US not only wants back that unipole position at all cost, but to have it back in an early post WW2 type of world setting where everyone else is staggered and trying to stem the bleeding, while they themselves are untouched so as to enjoy an era of unperilled prosperity.

It's a crazy thought, but that's the only way I can make these moves make any sense. Even if it worked (which it can't), nobody would ever trust you again, you'd be hated world wide, and you had better sleep with one eye open from here on out.

Socrates

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2022), Wind (7th October 2022)

Thanks
    This United Nations speech by JFK was held over 60 years ago, what really has changed since then?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhlWSdrOuys

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R87YhYbnkA

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWrAUIwnS3c

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2022), Fred Steeves (7th October 2022)