Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bills Pain Body Thread, All Welcome

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts
    I think many of us are experiencing a subtle kind of grief. I wonder if grief is too strong a word... maybe not. For years we collaborated and built a huge archive of wisdom, esoteric and healing information over at Avalon. The Avalon community has weathered many storms over the past decade, and it's a testament to the collective strength of the individuals there that the database of wisdom survives. And then we watch that database and community being over-run by people who post propaganda and illusion. This goes way back to Charles, Simon Parkes, the Pray Peace/Todd and Nora 'disclosure' and many others I forget to name right now. Q is the current op. Psy-op after psy-op.

Deep down we may be connected to the name and concept of Avalon in ways we cannot describe. "The Avalon mission". What does that mean? I can only speak for myself. Organic food, microfinance, new ways of living. While that information does exist on Avalon, it has become eclipsed by louder, more insistent voices who simply will not stop clamoring. Money is being donated. And now Q is trying to sell an Iran attack.

I do not accept any responses like "It's only one of 100,000 threads"... or "let it play out". It's not like I suddenly woke up and caused a load of problems one day. This had been brewing under the surface for years. I don't accept the moderator's claimed neutrality, not in the light of continued donations, which is a taboo subject on Avalon. And I know a lot of others don't either.

Why? Because "let it play out" tends to take a full two years in forum time. Two years of confusion and negativity that spills into many threads. This has been happening since 2009 or thereabouts. I was a member of the original forum, and I remember how dark the vibe was. People were terrified of the 'ground crew' messages, and were all about heading for the hills. Fast forward to 2019, the Avalon soul group has matured, but the same themes are recurring. A whistleblower of the month who draws everyone into a rancorous vortex. I think we can all see the inevitable time when the moderators don their gleaming white armor and ban all Q threads. The crowd will cheer. There will be a period of one month silence, then, another psy-op will be started up. IMO this cynical cycling of psy-ops will never end, though I would like to be proved wrong. By putting the community through these two year cycles, they are squandering the only resource humans really have: time and energy.

I am just passing through and expressing how I am feeling. I know a lot of Avalonians read this thread. So if I have been acting a little odd recently, it's because I saw good minds in my generation being distracted by delusion, lies and more lies. Now I'm chilling out and rebalancing, but I still have some things to get off my chest. I should probably put them on a blog, as others advised.

Sure, I lead an active offline life. I need to spend more time in nature as others advised. But the name Avalon, at least in this corner of the net, has become muddied, chaotic and confused. Maybe that was the intention from the start. How long can we give these forces the benefit of the doubt? Another 10 years? Life is short. I will go rebuild and regroup locally, but I won't spend any more energy in that unproductive, surreal whirlpool.
    Last edited by Daozen, 1st July 2019 at 11:42.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Chris (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Daozen View Post
    I think we can all see the inevitable time when the moderators don their gleaming white armor and ban all Q threads.
    Actually, no... There is currently talk over at Project Avalon with regard to how the contentious QAnon (and other polarizing, US-centric party-political) material can be kept out of the public view, so that it won't harm the neutral and apolitical reputation of Project Avalon, while still allowing the material to exist, and allowing members to partake in discussions about said material if they want to.

My suggestion to Bill was to move such material into a members-only section, so that the web crawlers won't pick it up and so that it doesn't disfigure the forum's front page statistics because of the fanaticism involved with that material and the frequency at which it is being posted about, but as an an additional feature, the Project Avalon administrators are currently testing the same thread ignore system as we have here, so that members can opt out of the political stuff by simply ignoring those threads, should they wish so.

There do seem to be some compatibility problems with the thread ignore plugin, but technically, there shouldn't be, as the version of vBulletin we're running here at The One Truth is only one minor release up from theirs ─ we're running 4.2.1 while they're running 4.1.1. So it's still the same vBulletin generation and the API ("Application Programming Interface") should be the same across all vBulletin 4.x.x versions. However, Paul and Ilie have both customized much of the vBulletin code at Project Avalon, and I'm beginning to suspect that the compatibility issue might be rooted in those customizations.

And of course, both Ilie and Paul have already left Project Avalon in the meantime, so there's a bit of a problem there, because Hervé, Tommy and Bill won't know what exactly Ilie and Paul changed without being able to compare that to a completely fresh vanilla installation of vBulletin 4.1.1, but the 4.x.x generation is already no longer available by now ─ vBulletin is now only available as a 5.x.x release anymore.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It's stunning how such a thing can have so much draw, this Q phenomenon.

It does shed light on general fanaticism and religious attitudes.

Getting religious with politics is extremely dangerous.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Chris (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Taking Q off the front page would seem to be a step forward. They already have a section where they put channeled material, and another called Express Yourself. I believe both of them are not for public view (though I could be mistaken). I still think that Q material will eventually fizzle out (maybe it won't be banned dramatically). But after the Q material fades, it will have cost the forum 18-24 months of difficulty. So while I may not be 100% correct about the material being banned, it will eventually disappear. Q, along with the "Trump'll save us" delusion has cost the forum dearly, if only in terms of time. Time is a scarce commodity.

Anyway, I have got my feelings off my chest now regarding PA. Writing my post above has been an interesting part of the exit process. I may post a couple more things in this thread but I am in wind down mode right now.
    Last edited by Daozen, 1st July 2019 at 13:04.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Chris (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Daozen View Post
    Taking Q off the front page would seem to be a step forward. They already have a section where they put channeled material, and another called Express Yourself. I believe both of them are not for public view (though I could be mistaken). I still think that Q material will eventually fizzle out (maybe it won't be banned dramatically). But after the Q material fades, it will have cost the forum 18-24 months of difficulty. So while I may not be 100% correct about the material being banned, it will eventually disappear. Q, along with the "Trump'll save us" delusion has cost the forum dearly, if only in terms of time. Time is a scarce commodity.
    True, but it's a learning process for the forums in general, and at the same time, also a heads-up warning, because ─ and I have already said this several times since back in 2017 ─ the US American "alt-right" has been infiltrating the "alternative community" with the intent of co-opting it for party-political purposes. And while we over here at The One Truth saw it coming and resisted it, Project Avalon did not see it coming, and was taken over by US-centric bigots and individuals who had been brainwashed.

The "alternative community" should rise above anything to do with political partisanship, as well as anything to do with US-centricity. We are supposed to be the Awake & Aware™, who would be able to see through all of that divisive nonsense. United we stand, divided we fall. And The Powers That Be™ have everything to gain from keeping us running back and forth between two apparently opposite but fake polarities, either of which only exists so as to rule over us, the commoners.

We have to stop dropping bombs and start building bridges. In spite of our differences, we're all on this world together, and unless we're going to start working together for the greater good, we're all doomed. And that's a fact.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    True, but it's a learning process for the forums in general, and at the same time, also a heads-up warning, because ─ and I have already said this several times since back in 2017 ─ the US American "alt-right" has been infiltrating the "alternative community" with the intent of co-opting it for party-political purposes. And while we over here at The One Truth saw it coming and resisted it, Project Avalon did not see it coming, and was taken over by US-centric bigots and individuals who had been brainwashed.

The "alternative community" should rise above anything to do with political partisanship, as well as anything to do with US-centricity. We are supposed to be the Awake & Aware™, who would be able to see through all of that divisive nonsense. United we stand, divided we fall. And The Powers That Be™ have everything to gain from keeping us running back and forth between two apparently opposite but fake polarities, either of which only exists so as to rule over us, the commoners.

We have to stop dropping bombs and start building bridges. In spite of our differences, we're all on this world together, and unless we're going to start working together for the greater good, we're all doomed. And that's a fact.
    I think the US-centricity of the alt-right is a convenient illusion European liberals comfort themselves with. Netanyahu and Orban were at it decades before this sort of nonsense showed up in the US and the UK, as was Putin, Berlusconi, and Sarkozy.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    They aren't leaders of the world the way America is. Having the President green-light stuff is a Huge difference. Big League.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Chris (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I think the US-centricity of the alt-right is a convenient illusion European liberals comfort themselves with.
    Not when every discussion anywhere on the internet turns into a matter of internal US politics, Chris. We've seen it here, and they've seen it over at Project Avalon. And I'm also seeing it on Usenet and even on YouTube.

All courtesy of the indoctrination of US Americans ─ from the cradle onward ─ with the notion that the USA lay at the center of the universe, and that one must choose sides between the Repulsicans and the Dimmocrats, or else you are not a patriot and you will burn in hell.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    I always love it when Avalon members come here and post in disguise ...

The hypocrisies of this forum community is boundless ...

Yeah were all in this together ... Not!
    Hello Giovonni,

My name is Denise, and I am an Avalon member.. My "Confession"

And I am happy to suggest that I am now also a TOT member... Truth is we can be members at both sites without getting stuck in the middle of some fist fight... I don't remember there being any questions upon registration, that asked my opinions of Avalon, Bill, or the community as a whole. And as such, that told me that I was welcome based upon who I was, not what someone else thought of who I might be.. And I do hope that you try to figure out who I am, before you slap a label on me personally...

This is me, and I am glad to meet you..

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/memb...67-Denise-Dizi

I do hope that I can in some way change the view that you have of the members of Avalon.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Silly Wabbit For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Chris (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Fred Steeves (2nd July 2019), Gio (2nd July 2019), heyokah (23rd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Love

Quote Originally posted by Silly Wabbit View Post
    Hello Giovonni,

And I am happy to suggest that I am now also a TOT member... Truth is we can be members at both sites without getting stuck in the middle of some fist fight... I don't remember there being any questions upon registration, that asked my opinions of Avalon, Bill, or the community as a whole. And as such, that told me that I was welcome based upon who I was, not what someone else thought of who I might be.. And I do hope that you try to figure out who I am, before you slap a label on me personally...

I do hope that I can in some way change the view that you have of the members of Avalon.
    Welcome Silly Wabbit ...

But do note your link does not work for us non active PA2 members ...
    Is your new TOT ID the same as yours over at PA2?

And please by no means is this a fist fight as you suggest ...
    Just having some fun with Mr Aragorn.

Again my issues are only with TOT members that need to hide
    their Avalon ID's here when posting in regards to TOT or PA2.

PS ~ Please note i still have many friends over at Avalon ...
    Noting i was an original member there PA1 Sept 9, 2008 ...
    And member #45 ( March 16, 2010) at the current PA2 ...
    I retired there Sept 2016 ... Eight years in total membership.

Let's just say - I am well versed in that PA's history ...
    And know where most of the body's are buried.

But i do truly wish what's left of this community my very best !

giggle

Ah ... Denise-Dizi !

Why not use your PA avatar name here as well?
    Last edited by Gio, 2nd July 2019 at 05:56. Reason: update

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Chris (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    And of course, both Ilie and Paul have already left Project Avalon in the meantime, so there's a bit of a problem there, because Hervé, Tommy and Bill won't know what exactly Ilie and Paul changed without being able to compare that to a completely fresh vanilla installation of vBulletin 4.1.1, but the 4.x.x generation is already no longer available by now ─ vBulletin is now only available as a 5.x.x release anymore.
    This statement is significant. As time moves forward, to be stuck on 4.1.1 could become problematic. Especially if that prevents security fix implementations. It also means a feature freeze. Maybe they have the ability to do a full rollback. That would result in the loss of the customizations but at least then they can move forward with new releases when available.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It's stunning how such a thing can have so much draw, this Q phenomenon.

It does shed light on general fanaticism and religious attitudes.

Getting religious with politics is extremely dangerous.
    Why am I more and more every day glad I don't have any clue about anything "Q"?
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Chris (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I agree with most of what you say. It's a good idea to chill out, take a long term approach and regard it all as a learning process. I think your analysis is correct, but it generously ignores the amount of donations being given to keep this alt-right material in the limelight. It's not something I want to harp on about, as I have now got most things off my chest, but it's a key factor. Turiya donated, Chip donated... and that is one reason they are given so much leeway. You may not wish to comment on this as you are a member of PA, but I can. Discussion of donations is more or less taboo on Avalon. And while I agree co-operation is key, writers have many venues to choose between. Platforms that do not respect both free will and privacy will not do well in the future.

I understand being a board admin is not easy, there are many hard balancing acts to perform at once. Forums need to develop a balanced executive, judicial and legislative branch. Those terms are kind of over-the-top, but a balanced 3 branch approach might be fairer for everyone. Right now, you only have an executive branch in many forums, and this is why things can get stifling and top heavy. "Top heavy" meaning the executive is too powerful and unregulated. This is not a comment on one particular board. it happens all over the place. Reddit has come the closest to a balanced approach, but vbulliten seem to be providing some good tools. Vbulliten's 'thread ignore' feature is a good step forward. Facebook have a "total ignore" feature. Once you block someone, they disappear forever. This is one reason they became very popular, despite the surveillance aspect.

I'm interested in how forums govern themselves, as I think electronic discussion will probably be around for the next 1000 years.

I also wondered what unix/linux commands a conspiracy board sysadmin might run in the course of a month. I know a little of top, htop, ps ax, stat and ps aux... but not much else. Over the next two years I will teach myself some basic sysadmin. Some pointers might be useful, if you had time. I can easily google "basic sysadmin commands", but running a conspiracy board may a few specific difficulties that normal sysadmins might not encounter. Paul ran the server from his house, right? That is impressive, if I'm correct. It must take some real skill to keep a board like that running.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Hello Giovonni,

I love your mindset not so Silly Wabbit! Welcome to TOT...

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Chris (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I think somebody mentioned on this thread, but it seems their post was deleted, that PA employs scientologist methods of auditing on some members. Do we know that for a fact? Can anyone confirm that or is it just a rumour? I had a run-in with scientologists when I was looking for my very first job during college and they genuinely creep me out. If confirmed, it would be very disturbing information.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd July 2019), Fred Steeves (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Hello Giovonni,

Hi Denise,

I still lurk over at The Project having been gone since 2013, so it's kind of like saying hi to someone you watch on t.v., or listen to on the radio, in that I know you but you don't know me. Kind of weird eh?

Anyway nice to meet your acquaintance, and you should know straight off that problems with the parent site have to do with el capitan, and NOT, I repeat NOT, the general membership.

Well, most of them anyway. :chrs

Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I think somebody mentioned on this thread, but it seems their post was deleted, that PA employs scientologist methods of auditing on some members. Do we know that for a fact? Can anyone confirm that or is it just a rumour? I had a run-in with scientologists when I was looking for my very first job during college and they genuinely creep me out. If confirmed, it would be very disturbing information.
    It *can* be a creepy experience. I lived most of my life in, or very near a coastal city called Clearwater in Florida, USA. In case you've never heard of it, it's the place that Hubbard literally used as his beach head for introducing Scientology in a physical location back in the mid 70's, as opposed to spreading it from their Flag Ships. It was almost like a slow motion invasion as they began to take over downtown
    by buying up old landmarks, and using them as the new headquarters. The locals were like who the fuck ARE these people dressed in snappy uniforms, and walking around like damn robots.

Some of them are okay, but most are extremely creepy and very defensive in almost a military manner guarding their buildings, and interacting with "wogs". Now, the 70's were well before the infamous fracture and walk off with Captain Bill Robertson and such in the lead, splintering the religion into Free Zone and Ron's Org, so these are the very same people that BR loves to brag that are so much different than today's brand of Scientologist under Miscavige.

My personal view anyway, but I digress.

Bill is a very high up Scientologist, he eats breaths and shits the "religion". I can't exactly point to official Scientology ways of running the forum, other than side ally methods that are not readily noticeable. I think it's very subtle (usually!), even passive aggressive in nature. There is definately an angle to how he steers the Good Ship Avalon that we see the picture of so often.

When I first really began to notice this was back in early '13 when I was the first and only front door greeter at the time (before they were green), and along came Jiminii, whom I refer to as Super Scientologist Jiminii. Jim took that place by storm spreading the gospel of Scientology (directly against forum rules!), and Bill gave him free reign despite objections. Anyone else would have been banned almost immediately, but not this guy.

I was literally dumbfounded by the blatant favoritism and hypocrisy.

That's when I began to see the rotten underbelly there, and that in turn allowed me to start seeing more, which is why I resigned that position and was soon enough off the forum.

Anyway, hope that answers at least part of your question in a side winding sort of way.

Oh, and don't forget Admin Herve is a Scientologist as well.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 2nd July 2019 at 13:12.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd July 2019), Chris (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Silly Wabbit (2nd July 2019), Wind (2nd July 2019)