Page 63 of 205 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163 ... LastLast

Thread: The One Truth's Lounge Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Music video by Aqua performing Barbie Girl. (C) 1997 Universal Music (Denmark) A/S

I couldn't believe what I heard when this came out in the 90's. Plastic parties!

They actually also created some more serious stuff, such as this one below. It's from the soundtrack of the movie "Sliding Doors" with Gwyneth Paltrow. If you haven't watched that movie yet, then I recommend doing so. It's a romantic comedy that tells the life of a young woman across two parallel timelines ─ one timeline where she caught the subway just in time, and one where she was just a few seconds too late.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (5th March 2019), Kathy (5th March 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    They actually also created some more serious stuff, such as this one below. It's from the soundtrack of the movie "Sliding Doors" with Gwyneth Paltrow. If you haven't watched that movie yet, then I recommend doing so. It's a romantic comedy that tells the life of a young woman across two parallel timelines ─ one timeline where she caught the subway just in time, and one where she was just a few seconds too late.
    I've seen the movie and it's quite good, thanks for that.

Aqua was involved in a law-suit about Barbie-Dolls after having made the song. Fancy that...the company called Mattel, Inc. wanted to own it for themselves. I think Aqua won and Mattel lost, hurray!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019), Kathy (5th March 2019)

(account terminated) England
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I am neither British nor Irish, nor US American, nor Canadian, nor Australian, nor New Zealander. I am Belgian, from the northern, Dutch-speaking part of the country, called the Flanders. I was born and raised here, and I still reside here, although I do not identify with my country, nor with its politics or its colonial past. In fact, there are times when I do not even identify with the human species.
    The thing is that within this so-called alternative community, there's virtually no limit as to what some people will believe and proclaim to be the truth ─ against all better judgment and/or proven scientific facts ─ especially so if some talking head on YouTube has launched the nonsense first. I am therefore quite used to seeing that kind of ridiculous claims being taken seriously within this so-called alternative community.
    There are after all people who believe that Earth would be flat, and/or that Michelle Obama would be a transvestite or a transgender ─ something you yourself have also alluded to on another thread today. We've actually got a thread about that particular nonsense under the Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation category ─ I'm sure you'd be able to find it if you were to look for it. As the matter of fact, this forum contains lots of embarrassing threads like that, from ex-members who used to believe every tabloid they had ever laid eyes on, so long as it had to do with satanic pedophiles, reptilian Illuminaughties and other such drama.
    I seem to remember that Harry Webb would be the real name of Cliff Richard, for whom The Shadows were the backing band for a while. You are fully entitled to your opinion of him, but the other staff members and I would appreciate it if you were to refrain from using any racial slurs here. The word "gook" has been used as a racial slur for an Asian ─ and specifically, a Vietnamese person ─ ever since the Vietnam War began.
    Racism and/or any other form of discrimination based upon ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, political preferences, language or whatever other property that distinguishes one human being from another, are strictly forbidden at The One Truth. I recommend that you read and familiarize yourself with The One Truth's Forum Rules.

I strongly suspect in a nice way that you have just a sketchy idea of and feeling for the spectrum embraced by British humour these days . It apparently is difficult for the majority of outsiders to appreciate the huge comedic tapestry available here in clubs and theatres and increasingly on TV . And it is from this hub and engine that it is generally seen and recognised how we excel and lead the western world , if not the planet , in this one amazing area -- the ways in which we can laugh together plus the new routes that are becoming available to do so , and as people's consciousness expands .

I particularly understand now after hearing that you have Belgium in your roots , sat right next door to Germany and known here, with good reason historically , as the race with the least developed 'funny bones ' of all the peoples in Western Europe . And if there is anybody able to reasonably endorse this type observation from experience , it is someone like me --- someone who makes over twenty visits to northern Flanders every year on business and is half German by birth .

However , my use of the term 'Gook' here was not expertly judged . It was first adopted in Korea , not Vietnam , and originally carried no slur whatsoever . The term is now used widely and particularly in the US and UK and " Gook " was even the title of a general release film very recently . So matters , attitudes and understandings are adapting as usual . Too quickly for some perhaps . Nevertheless , I could have phrased matters differently here in this ultra conservative atmosphere even though no slur was imagined at the time of writing , let alone intended .

I note your comments about what you collectively believe to be hoaxes or unproven narratives .
    Of course all you have done is side with opinions of one type rather than another . There are few facts available in many of these matters but the evidence -- for example --- that Barry Parks aka , Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama is Gay is overwhelming . This would have been fine and dandy if openly admitted but the evidence is that everything possible has been done to conceal it. And this continues with the Net being stripped of all references to father Barry Parks and Videos removed from You Tube .

And the hard evidence for his wife being a certain Michael Robinson is interesting to say the least . Time will no doubt reveal .

I had already decided for lots of reasons that I needed to signal my deliberate humour sometimes -- see previous post with a little yellow Smiley face which you seem to have overlooked ---- because I just knew you would be irked by laughter directed at Cliff with a double 'f'--- because different perception frequencies are seemingly present here in some areas .

So watch out for little Yellow Smiley Faces in the future -- looks like I have pushed to forced Virtue Signalling .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Kathy (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Speaking of unbelievable sh*t. I was newly married and watching TV in my room when I saw this. I was rofl (this kind of humor generally appeals to me not) and breathlessly told my wife she wouldn't believe what I just saw...she thought I was plain crazy...

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Elen (5th March 2019), Kathy (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Christopher View Post
    [...] Nevertheless , I could have phrased matters differently here in this ultra conservative atmosphere [...]
    The One Truth is not conservative ─ not by a long shot. If anything, one could say that we are actually progressive, because we are attempting to rise above the bickering in the mainstream.

I note your comments about what you collectively believe to be hoaxes or unproven narratives .
    Of course all you have done is side with opinions of one type rather than another .
    Not quite. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and if you had been paying attention at some point during the last two decades, then it would have already become clear to you that whenever the US American far right wishes to discredit someone, they will launch vicious rumors about said person's sexual orientation, or about their sex life in general, or perhaps charges of adultery ─ regardless of whether they're true or false, see the Bill Clinton affair.

Do you remember what the first thing was that hit the conservative US media about Bradley Manning when he passed that big data load onto Wikileaks? That's right: the fact that he's gay. Nobody cared about his military rank. Nobody cared about whether what was in those files was true, and whether the USA had engaged in war crimes. No, what they cared about was that Manning's action was treason, and that he's gay.

And this is because the US far right, as ultraconservatives, have a very unhealthy fixation on and obsession with other people's sex life. It is something they've taken over from the CIA, who were the first to start deploying that tactic, and for that matter, even as early as the 1960s. The conservative wing in the United States of America identifies with masculinity and machismo ─ hence the American desire to be the ruler of the world, and of course, this is once again an ostensible property of all fascist regimes. It also ties in with the American glorification of the military, and especially of the US Marine Corps.

There are few facts available in many of these matters but the evidence -- for example --- that Barry Parks aka , Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama is Gay is overwhelming . This would have been fine and dandy if openly admitted but the evidence is that everything possible has been done to conceal it. And this continues with the Net being stripped of all references to father Barry Parks and Videos removed from You Tube .

And the hard evidence for his wife being a certain Michael Robinson is interesting to say the least . Time will no doubt reveal .
    That is just hateful slander launched by the US far right. Likewise and according to the same sources, Hillary Clinton would be a closet lesbian who had the Secret Service pick out innocent girls for her to abuse, and Bill Clinton would be a pedophile. Now I'm not exactly a fan of the Clintons ─ Hillary is a racist, a liar and a megalomaniac, and Bill is a textbook narcissist with a sex addiction ─ but what the Clintons and the Obamas have in common is that they are on the hate list of the US far right simply for being US Democrats, which makes them into "libtards".

And Bernie Sanders is "a dirty commie", which is just as good as a hate-inducing label among the ultraconservative wing of the US population as any kind of sexuality-related moniker. In Abby Martin's case, the two are combined, even, because the US far right has already labeled her "a communist whore".

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019), Kathy (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Hi Christopher...My style is to distill things to their center and since you claim you like directness:

Why are you so angry and hateful? It is obvious that you are filled with greatness and yet, have little respect for others, so how about filling in the blanks and letting us know 'from whence you come'.

thanks

NAP

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Elen (5th March 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner vs The Exorcist Commercial

Got this from Maggie times ago...but as we're at it NAP, why not stay with the fun!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    1 Agree that TOT collectively bickers far less than most other discussion sites I have seen . And that is huge . But my overall perception is of a conservative non political stance . For me a fact , but not necessarily a bad one .

2. You appear to lump real US Conservative media sources like Breitbart News Network , the Drudge Report and even Fox News with more sensationalist sites which are convenience labelled as Alt Right . Your comments should be aimed at the latter group and decent people like me share that general opinion whilst probably finding the likes of Breitbart and Drudge far more honest and revealing than puppet sources like CNN , NYT and WaPo . To name three among many .

3. The Barry Parks saga is not slander until the courts rule . He has not dared go to court on this matter and related ones . More generally Obama is being sued by at least four different college contemporaries presently re matters relating to his Gay CV and we must see how they proceed .

4.The Clintons could be successfully punished for their Arkansas drug links and dealings with the CIA over the import and distribution of billions ($) of drugs value . Whether this will ever be court proven is debatable because of its implications re an ex President , the CIA and many senior Government figures . In such a climate , Civil disruption might occur and we have little inkling yet what -- if anything -- the Deep State hold over Trump as a negotiating weapon .
    The Foundation is currently under investigation as are other aspects of Hitlery in particular . Let the results dictate our future comments .

5. I would be amazed if certain current unproven claims , like Hitlery's Lesbian general background , were never substantiated . I care not a jot what her sexual orientation is , providing that she has not lied about it or if it has affected her official duties and responsibilities . One obvious possible example being any relationship with Abedin who has sensitive family ties to the Moslem Brotherhood , for example .

6. The Left has only itself to blame for the hate and vitriol poured onto it . An intelligence Agency controlled and directed mainstream media is disgusting and the US has precisely that .
    No wonder the right and the few true investigative journalists alive seek revenge , however distorted .

More importantly , have just rung Nieuwpoort ordering Wieze Beer 5.9% at £7.50 for 24x 330 ml .

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hi Christopher...My style is to distill things to their center and since you claim you like directness:
    Why are you so angry and hateful? It is obvious that you are filled with greatness and yet, have little respect for others, so how about filling in the blanks and letting us know 'from whence you come'.thanksNAP

No .
    Because I think your post is ill judged , thoughtlessly constructed , rude and therefore silly .
    Try again in a few months if we are both still here . Work out first what you wish to know and why . Then consider how best to obtain what you think you want .
    Last edited by Christopher, 5th March 2019 at 15:53.

Thanks
    3. The Barry Parks saga is not slander until the courts rule . He has not dared go to court on this matter and related ones . More generally Obama is being sued by at least four different college contemporaries presently re matters relating to his Gay CV and we must see how they proceed .
    His birth certificate and related matters have nothing to do with his sexual orientation, and would be even far less relevant as evidence that Michelle Obama would be a transgender.

5. I would be amazed if certain current unproven claims , like Hitlery's Lesbian general background , were never substantiated .
    It is relatively easy to find people willing to provide false testimony under oath, or even people who could be coerced into doing so.

I care not a jot what her sexual orientation is , providing that she has not lied about it [...
    Who cares whether she lied about it, even if it were true? Since when does sexual orientation bear any importance in running a country or even in matters of national security? Nobody kicked J. Edgar Hoover out of the FBI for being a closet drag queen either.

...] or if it has affected her official duties and responsibilities . One obvious possible example being any relationship with Abedin who has sensitive family ties to the Moslem Brotherhood , for example .
    Oh please, give me a break.

6. The Left has only itself to blame for the hate and vitriol poured onto it . An intelligence Agency controlled and directed mainstream media is disgusting and the US has precisely that .
    No wonder the right and the few true investigative journalists alive seek revenge , however distorted .
    Perhaps you haven't been paying attention, but the CIA, the FBI, the DHS and the NSA are all as far to the right as it gets.

This is crossing forum boundaries, but I have read your badly warped impression of what "the left" is supposed to be, and you couldn't be farther from the facts if you tried. You're buying into all the ill-construed stereotypes regarding "the left" that have been coming out of the right-wing propaganda camp since the days of Joseph McCarthy. I thought a member of MENSA would have been wiser than that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Got this from Maggie times ago...but as we're at it NAP, why not stay with the fun!

oh, that's GLORIOUS!!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Elen (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Ok, let me try this...it only seems you are angry and hateful...but why are you so rude to others. And please...projection doesn't play in my band.

The comments you have made regarding 'reputable' is an indicator of some confusion. The sites you mentioned are inclined to be 'supremacist' in style and intent. That isn't reputable it is disgusting. To be proud and promote one's culture is not bad unless it contains a core of 'that makes me better than you.' A social motivation with that as its center can be described in only one way...disturbed. It flies in the face of the natural human impulse to be better...as a human being with a spiritual aspect. Paint it anyway you like but that is the higher truth and the supporters of such can end in only one way...extinction.

MENSA is for children...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Elen (5th March 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Ok, let me try this...it only seems you are angry and hateful...but why are you so rude to others. And please...projection doesn't play in my band.

The comments you have made regarding 'reputable' is an indicator of some confusion. The sites you mentioned are inclined to be 'supremacist' in style and intent. That isn't reputable it is disgusting. To be proud and promote one's culture is not bad unless it contains a core of 'that makes me better than you.' A social motivation with that as its center can be described in only one way...disturbed. It flies in the face of the natural human impulse to be better...as a human being with a spiritual aspect. Paint it anyway you like but that is the higher truth and the supporters of such can end in only one way...extinction.

MENSA is for children...
    Well said my friend!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019)

Thanks

MENSA is for children...
    A specific reference would have made your post much easier to understand .
    You now seem fixated on changed goal posts -- " reputable " seems your buzz term this time .
    If you are referring to some sites I mentioned , I cannot imagine any intelligent , decent and productive person wishing to take issue . To sensibly do so would need clear examples of a site repeatedly and intentionally producing factually incorrect information or intentionally trying to deceive .
    I look forward to seeing such evidence .
    Some of those from my list include such remarkable people as Jordan Peterson , Andrew Breitbart , James Corbett , heroine whistleblower Sibel Edmonds and polymath and research scholar Joseph Farrel . Very special people with integrity and honesty right at the top of their accomplishments . Spiritual role models , unless you can do better .

The impulse to 'do better ' is not even marginally supported as a universal instinct by history . Just some people . Sometimes .
    Perhaps you might like to look at how people ONLY operate in hierarchies and then ONJLY AFTERWARD assess the correlation between hierarchical achievement level versus the development of higher instincts .There is very little correlation I submit .

Perhaps you should then examine history to determine the real agents of continued existence -- a list which strongly depends on psychopaths , sociopaths , entrepreneurs , over competitive individuals and downright selfish loners who obsess about one matter which turns out to be critical to Hierarchy Success or Group Satisfaction .

And then even worse , Angels ( 'Good " role models ) rarely 'begat . Let alone begat other Angels . Jesus is a clear example .
    However , the more disgusting individuals often' begat ' very successful second generation disgusting individuals and then their benefits / successes / inventions often become part of and to the benefit of the hierarchy .

Your paradigm goes out of the window .

At a detail level I would love to see what a person like you takes on board as a signal that a person like me is so 'rude ' to others .
    Examples please .
    Let me suggest to you that people like me are not angry , hate or are rude in the ways that you imagine . Or as you seem to , as it turns out .
    This is a virtual reality situation . I have zero feelings toward other person here . We are simply disembodied voices discussing propositions .
    We will never meet . So . Perhaps reserve your sensitivity for real life sensitive situations .
    Just a thought .

And even if MENSA was for children ( a silly statement literally ) , consider it a club where you might be meeting similarly disposed people with part matching talents . Just like a Golf Club is primarily for Golfers etc etc . I am sure you would be welcome if your talents match the organisation's raison d'être . If not , find the club that suits you and where you can produce the entrance fee .
    Last edited by Christopher, 5th March 2019 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Precisely why my comments about human attainment ARE the higher truth...Breitbart, Drudge, Fox...the only depraved mentality you left out was the 'Demonic one'. Twist words anyway you like...there is a missing component of humanity in anyone that CHOOSES to see things this way. That is the definition of evil...when a major crossroad of our personal development reaches immanence we are able to transcend our environment and nurturing whatever its nature by making the correct decision to 'move forward'. Many of us don't make the right choice. Some reach for the higher truth, a road according to you rarely traveled, and push humanity, if only in a small way, to a better place. Some seem more comfortable in rehashing the same old maladaptive human practices. They succumb to the animal urges and become no better than their fellow animals in all their glory with their Darwinistic primordial solutions to 21st century reality. As I stated in the earlier post, extinction lies on that road.

Not so silly, MENSA is for 'mental' children

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (6th March 2019)

Thanks
    Precisely why my comments about human attainment ARE the higher truth. blah , blah .

As long as you are happy in your outlook I wish you well .
    There is nothing I can say or do to help you and I certainly will not be trying .
    I now see how important your religion is to you . It is not my road to the next dimension but there are many roads to choose from and many ways to find the road .
    If I may be forgiven one small piece of possible advice -- beware false pride.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (5th March 2019)