Thread: Dr. Norman Doidge | The Power of Thought

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

Dr. Norman Doidge | The Power of Thought

The theory about neuroplasticity isn't exactly a new thing, but it's still an interesting topic nevertheless.

I am interested to take a look at his book. I'm also interested to hear some thoughts about this.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5aTlq3nYI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzCz4wvgdBs

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMqNcoxf0gQ

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2022), Aragorn (18th May 2022), Dreamtimer (19th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Will delve asap, may assist some members and moi, to be happier with ourselves.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th May 2022), Dreamtimer (19th May 2022), Wind (19th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    In that first video Dr. Doidge talked about autism too. I think he and a great deal of society misunderstand autism. It's not a disease or a deficiency, it's a neurological difference. I really fail to understand that why mankind has the need to label differences as diseases. What the hell is normal anyways? It doesn't seem to be anything too great if you consider where humanity has been taking us and where it's heading to. If you would take the neurological difference from away from certain people then they simply would cease to be themselves, because it's who they are. I have my own theories about this too and some supporting anecdotal data at least. X-Men, anyone?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifYcE4-eI_s
    Last edited by Wind, 11th August 2022 at 20:24.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2022), Aragorn (19th May 2022), Dreamtimer (19th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    In that first video Dr. Doidge talked about autism too. I think he and a great deal of society misunderstand autism. It's not a disease or a deficiency, it's a neurological difference. I really fail to understand that why mankind has the need to label differences as diseases
    Anyone who labels autism as a disease is a quack in my book.

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    What the hell is normal anyways? It doesn't seem to be anything too great if you consider where humanity has been taking us and where it's heading to.
    Exactly. If I look at what is considered "normal" these days, then I don't want to be "normal". And in addition to that, just think of what the world would have looked like today if there had never been an Isaac Newton, a Thomas Edison, a Nikola Tesla or an Albert Einstein. Or for that matter, an Elon Musk.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2022), Dreamtimer (19th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2022), Wind (19th May 2022)

Thanks
    If autisym can come about before during or after birth and is a neurological difference, something created that change ?, we are a chemical soup in our make up as such and adding chemicals may cause this and many many other things besides autism imo and experience, jabs is only a facet and maybe a small facet imo and i may be incorrect ( open to being incorrect, too many 2 to 4 year olds going from normal to autistic but you never know for sure imo ), anyways finalllly getting to watch these vids.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    If autisym can come about before during or after birth and is a neurological difference, something created that change ?
    It doesn't "come about" during or after birth. It's a different type of neurology, and it's genetic, which means that the neurology develops along that way in the early stages of pregnancy — when the brain of the fetus is formed — based upon the genes that the baby inherited from its parents.

Jabs have nothing to do with it, and people do not go from non-autistic to autistic or vice versa.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    It doesn't "come about" during or after birth. It's a different type of neurology, and it's genetic, which means that the neurology develops along that way in the early stages of pregnancy — when the brain of the fetus is formed — based upon the genes that the baby inherited from its parents.

Jabs have nothing to do with it, and people do not go from non-autistic to autistic or vice versa.
    Not something i have researched too much, talking to parents who have multiple children and watched in direct time their child go from their normal to autistic, they all and am sure many other parents did also, researched massively, all that i know of got the same answer, we may be talking facets here. Getting along with autistic people, especialllly very autistic people is very easy for me since spiritualllly awakening, just being can be a beacon for them, adoring is another beacon, much can depend on their upbringing and docs like the first vid, exploring new options.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

Not something i have researched too much, talking to parents who have multiple children and watched in direct time their child go from their normal to autistic
    That is only their observation, Vern. They believe that this is what they are observing, but they forget that a very young infant's brain isn't fully developed yet, with as a result that the infant's behavior will change all the time. And then in their non-scientific minds, these parents will link the fact that the infant got jabbed to the change in its observable behavior.

As an example, how often will you not hear parents saying that their babies smile at them? Well, the baby's smile isn't actually a smile, because it doesn't have the fine motor control yet for smiling. So if a baby smiles, then that's just a random muscle contraction.

There are tons of people who think that they are observing that Earth would be flat. And yet, what they think they observe does not correspond to reality. The same is true on account of the "autism and vaccines" debate. And there is also no such thing as an infallible mother's instinct. But sadly enough, people will rather argue than spending a little time on research.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th May 2022), Dreamtimer (26th May 2022), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2022), Wind (26th May 2022)

Thanks
    You very well may be completley correct and some or all parents incorrect, there imo is valuable data in seeing a child-babies consciousness change, straight after jab-s, the mental n physical n emotional changes or consciousness change imo is a sign post.

My youngest brother was sent to a ( place ) after birth and as such forgotten about, mum n dad got a phone call when he was fourish, he appeared to be okay ( have always felt there was one of those carers or nurses that be angels was caring for him ) and returned home, could not walk and skipped evreywhere and was always happy, learnt to walk by 5. A strange story, he is nowadays a millionair, competent and happy with four children, all amazing and intelligent.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post: