Page 120 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    When I was growing up we had a stray Russian blue: cool but not blue enough ...

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (23rd October 2020), Elen (24th October 2020), Wind (23rd October 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Some folks I know lucked out and got one at an animal shelter. Beautiful cat.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (23rd October 2020), Wind (23rd October 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    A logical statement is a statement that, when true, allows us to take a known set of facts and infer (or assume) a new fact from them. Logical statements have two parts: The hypothesis, which is the premise or set of facts that we start with, and the conclusion, which is the new fact that we can infer when the hypothesis is true. (Note: If you've used hypothesis in science class, you've probably noticed that this is a fairly different definition. Be careful not to get confused!)

Consider this statement:

If you go outside without any rain gear or cover when it’s pouring rain, you will get wet.

Here, the hypothesis is “you go outside without any rain gear or cover when it’s pouring rain.” The hypothesis must be completely true before we can use the statement to infer anything new from it. What does this statement say about someone who doesn’t go outside? About someone who uses an umbrella? About what happens to someone when it’s not pouring rain? Nothing. This statement doesn't apply to anyone in those cases.

The conclusion of this statement is “you will get wet.” Suppose it’s raining, and someone walks outside, and doesn't have any rain gear or other kind of cover—what will happen? All the parts of the hypothesis have been met, so—if the statement is true—we can infer that the person is going to get wet. It certainly seems reasonable that they would!

Note that in this example, if the hypothesis isn’t true, the person still could get wet. On a sunny day with no rain, someone might go outside to wash his car and get sprayed by the hose. Someone else might go swimming, and then they would really get wet! The statement says nothing when the hypothesis is false. It's only helpful when the hypothesis is true.

Not all logical statements are written as “If (something is true) then (something else is true).” To identify the hypothesis and conclusion, you may need to try to rewrite a statement in an “if-then” format.

Statement: All Democrats are Communist
    Statement: All Communists are Democrats

"Candace Owens", "Elite College"

My Statement: All Blacks attending elite colleges are unqualified tokens
    I didn't think we should waste a little informal lesson on formal logic ... maybe it will take on someone, obviously not me, though

Speaking of formal and informal, I've at least managed to determine that my formal mail is being lost down a black hole ... never fear though Microsoft is on the case: they keep telling me that an email add-in is suspicious ... the formal certificate of authenticity cites Microsoft as the originator. Anywho ... this is one of the emails I received a little while ago:

Hi gfdkeif,

One of my favorite things about Halloween is all the candy.
    But the problem is… candy doesn’t last very long, at least not when I’m around it.
    But you know what does last?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (24th October 2020), Elen (24th October 2020)

Thanks
    A little more help ... somebody start a riot!

In linear algebra, an eigenvector (/ˈaɪɡənˌvɛktər/) or characteristic vector of a linear transformation is a nonzero vector that changes by a scalar factor when that linear transformation is applied to it. The corresponding eigenvalue, often denoted by {\displaystyle \lambda }\lambda , is the factor by which the eigenvector is scaled.

Geometrically, an eigenvector, corresponding to a real nonzero eigenvalue, points in a direction in which it is stretched by the transformation and the eigenvalue is the factor by which it is stretched. If the eigenvalue is negative, the direction is reversed. Loosely speaking, in a multidimensional vector space, the eigenvector is not rotated (I think it is a virtual/imaginary measure).

- The One True Word -
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 23rd October 2020 at 21:39.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th October 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (24th October 2020)

Thanks
    my phone message for my awakening this morning: Sorry about the shameless post.

yo Charles, I'm horny now ... can you show me your d*ck (without the asterisk) <sigh>

Which reminds me, sometime back I got this call saying only ... "Who are those 3 tall white figures behind you?" now, that was a weird one ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th October 2020)

Thanks
    Chaotic, Captain. Very Chaotic.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (24th October 2020), Wind (24th October 2020)

Thanks
    Well the hackers did me in ... They continued to try get to my bank accounts, so this morning I had to close out my account which I've had for 20 years and reopen another with a different number. At this point I think the initial hack of my laptop put me on a buy list of my information. Subsequently, I was approached and offered a position for a project for Kaiser Permanente. The weirdness with this software engineering firm started right away but it was a pretty good position, so I figured i would stick it out ... One thing led to another, I did the job onboarding, including my banking account number and routing number for auto deposit, my driver's license and social security number. Immediately after completing the paperwork, a few hours later in the evening, I received a call from HR stating that I should hold off because the circumstances for the project had changed. It was really a lame story, as were all the other stories leading to that point. They were either legit or extremely professional crooks. I have enough lines out with various agencies that if they are guilty they will be caught and charged.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (27th October 2020), Elen (27th October 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Thanks
    that would make about the 4th time I've been defrauded which is why I have a licensed certification for Identity Theft Mitigation. It ain't worth much after it happens though.

I wish I was named Joe Smith

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Wind (27th October 2020)

Thanks
    Here's a little ShowerCap for ya. You need a chaotic laugh about now.

Now, I’ve grown accustomed to a level of pure radioactive madness that would kill an ordinary man, but watching this Adderall-addled slug slither through the country, belching up lies and plague to audiences that eagerly devour both like ravenous baby birds, it’s...it’s a bit much, friends. I think I saw George Orwell pop up for a minute, as a Force Ghost; he took everything in, muttered something about being “too old for this shit,” and vanished.
    Another nugget,

Well, maybe Rudy Giuliani can get a refund on that Make Your Own Comey Letter kit he ordered off a 2 a.m. informercial...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2020)

Thanks
    lol, Amen to that ... He tried ...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Wind (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Right-wing extremism: The new wave of global terrorism:
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...bal-terrorism/

So much talk about the dreaded antifa, but which is actually worse?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th October 2020), Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th October 2020)

Thanks
    The right wing is the wing that has organization. Organization leads to coordinated action. Planning. Stocking up. Training.

This is not what antifa is doing. There is no such organization.

If the militias in America were left wing, the narrative would be vastly different. And the current Administration's FBI would have made a plethora of arrests.

But the jackboots on the ground are not on the left foot.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (2nd November 2020), Emil El Zapato (30th October 2020), Wind (31st October 2020)

Thanks
    I'm designing a new badge. I like this image. What do you think?

Here's another.

They are called Nemesis.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (4th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd November 2020), Wind (3rd November 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Looks nice.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Elen (4th November 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd November 2020)