Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Usui Reiki Ryoho

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Feel you have missred my post Dia B,
    There's a 1000 percent chance that is true. My bad.

Sorry. I read you.

Carry on.
    Last edited by Aragorn, 21st May 2023 at 14:09. Reason: you butcherized your quoterations again, you quoteration butcherizer you! :p

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2023), Aragorn (21st May 2023), Catsquotl (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    If you practice Reiki long enough an ascended master or two eventually shows up. Christ nearly always make an appearance at some point even if you are not a fan of the religion.
    Ehm...
    I really doubt that. I fear that the appearance of ascended masters are a new-ish addition to the Reiki practice.

But I could have been doing it wrong all these years.
    Or they left me alone out of respect as a victim of my own fears from ascension like cults.

Christ consciousness is a word that points to something, We could call it Buddha nature as well.
    Reiki seems as apt a name as any..

I really don't think that Christ, Buddha or Usui for that matter are still around to teach and show us.
    The energy they embodied will do that in any shape or form it deems suitable for us to convey the message..
    Have a great day today

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Aragorn (22nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Had Crist or the cristed energy come in during a session where the person asked for nothing but crist energy to be asked, used, about four years into the Reiki journey iirc, they knew it, helper knew and i knew it, have sensed it at times over the years, imo it be dissstinked, had Budda n Krisna etc somewhat but maybe being bought up christion, was most intense n still.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2023), Catsquotl (22nd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (24th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Had Crist or the cristed energy come in during a session where the person asked for nothing but crist energy to be asked
    I have my ideas of what this means, but before I come across as dismissive or anything. (seems that dutch directness comes across that way at times)
    I wonder what you think happened here.

I am not sure if you know my view on how messages/energy communication from outside of us are filtered by how our brains are wired to help us understand something.
    For instance that when a message of travel or journey needs to be conveyed. Some will see a bicycle, others a car or a boat. A plane or even a zeppelin.
    In all cases the journey part is what was conveyed, the pictures conjured up by the mind are its process of meaning-giving/understanding.
    Have a great day today

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Aragorn (22nd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    I have my ideas of what this means, but before I come across as dismissive or anything. (seems that dutch directness comes across that way at times)
    I wonder what you think happened here.

I am not sure if you know my view on how messages/energy communication from outside of us are filtered by how our brains are wired to help us understand something.
    For instance that when a message of travel or journey needs to be conveyed. Some will see a bicycle, others a car or a boat. A plane or even a zeppelin.
    In all cases the journey part is what was conveyed, the pictures conjured up by the mind are its process of meaning-giving/understanding.
    Yeah the mind and ego will twist things, create fantasy & create a convoluted story. It has to because its 3d material trying to translate higher dimensions and things get factualized and fragmented. Our senses are designed for 3d, any other dimension or space arrangement will appear factualized and so will the information. If I see entities in a strictly waking state and strictly with my eyes they are pixelated. Active and moving but pixelated--not their true form. And most of all our individual views are not the views of others for a variety of reasons.

When the active mind is put to sleep and its just awareness our more advanced hearts and selves can observe more clearly.

Mind detours are avoided when one practices heart to brain coherence. That takes the mind, the ego, the doubts, out of the equation and leave us with nothing but a way of finding the appropriate words to describe what we experienced and observed. Of course then people will not like our choice of words we used to describe and think that means the experience didn't happen or that a 'thought' can wish it away. Or otherwise find that experience objectionable for some 'reason' but that cannot diminish or erase the experience. Nothing that is going on with us is subject or dependent on the opinions of others. One only risk throwing self-limitations into their self-development.

The heart has a directness and way of speaking that you will find refreshing if you appreciate directness.

But if I was in an altered state of consciousness where my active mind was muted and my awareness heightened, and two ordinary looking men approached me, were a presence in the room? Say one touched my back, my entire body was filled with an enormous white, blue and gold energy. (Later when my mind was back in a active state I found that a particular health related issue had disappeared after this.) And I was filled with the knowledge of who those two men were because they communicated to me without words, what would you think it was? With the reiteration that my mind and ego were in resting state and awareness heightened.

And why is it important? Ultimately what you or I think is of lesser importance than its effect.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Aragorn (22nd May 2023), Catsquotl (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks

Ultimately what you or I think is of lesser importance than its effect.
    This.... ^

Have a great day today

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd May 2023), Aragorn (22nd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    Sussink indeed Cats, Remember wondering why once, noboby was taking notice of me, My old rugby days world, made a complete dick of meself, so embarressed, but for three days i upleveled in my brain a rite up meself world.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2023), Catsquotl (23rd May 2023), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2023), Wind (22nd May 2023)

Thanks
    ihreiki.com/blog/

I found the following article today.
    For those interested.

My name is Andy Bowling; I live in the south – east of England in the coastal town of Folkestone, Kent.

In 1997 I was browsing the Internet, when, on a list of Reiki practitioners from around the world, I saw a Reiki Master living in Kyoto, Japan. He was the only Japanese listed at that time. Knowing that Usui was born and had lived in Kyoto I decided that I would contact this Reiki Master to see if he could help me with Usui’s history.

This was to be the start of an amazing Reiki journey resulting firstly in my meeting new friends in Canada, America and Japan, and eventually a special new friend in the UK. It was this special UK contact which was to lead to contact with ‘living students of Mikao Usui’ in Japan!

——————-

In 1997 like most Reiki practitioners who are on the internet I eventually typed ‘Reiki’ into a search engine to discover, to my amazement, that Reiki was HUGE throughout the world and, of course, in America.

About this time on the Internet, William Rand had just been to Japan and discovered Usui’s grave and monument. Rick Rivard in Canada was showing a Japanese newspaper article about Reiki in Japan and other information, Dave King from Canada also had a site giving details of his contact with a student of Hayashi, and various other website’s were giving stories and information about Takata. All of this was new to me and I was not aware if any of this information was known in the UK.

I decided that I would try and collate all the information available and pass it on to friends and students of mine in the UK. At this time I had recently become a Reiki Master.

Having gathered an immense amount of information it was suggested to me that I should create a website and bring it all together. It was while I was learning how to do this that I found the Reiki list of practitioners.

—————-

When I sent my e-mail to Japan I didn’t really expect a reply, but to my immense delight I

did eventually receive an answer, not only that, but I was also immediately given some amazing information about Reiki.

My contact explained to me that he was a typical Japanese businessman and, although happy to help, he did not know when he might be able to answer my questions. However the information he gave me was enough to get me jumping up and down!

He told me that a society existed in Japan which had been started by Usui himself, he also told me that the Chairperson, a lady named Mrs. Koyama, was about to retire and a new chairperson to take her place. This was a truly amazing piece of information, as far as I knew nobody outside of Japan new of this society.

Why me !!!??? A question I was to frequently ask myself in the next few years, and still do.

In his next mail he told me of the names for Reiki levels, and some other information. More information I was not aware of.

This became so amazing for me that I decided to share the information with others interested in Reiki history and I contacted Rick Rivard in Canada through his website. This was the start of a friendship, which was to result in an historical event for Reiki.

Over the next few months e-mail’s were exchanged between the three of us, Yukio, our new friend in Japan, told us he was now a student of a Master Hiroshi Doi, who was well known in Japan for his knowledge of Reiki History. More new friends were introduced to our group becoming six in all plus Mr. Doi. This was four in Japan and one English, one Canadian, one American.

Over the course of several months we were to be given much information about Reiki, new ‘Reiki Techniques’ and Mr Doi’s school of Reiki, the Usui Reiki Society (Gakkai) and much more. We also learned that Mr. Doi had written a book in Japanese giving all the information he had discovered. He had also received Shoden and Okuden from a Mrs. Koyama the society’s chairperson. Much of this can now be found on m website.

Also and most amazing we learned that Usui’s own manual was available, we obtained a copy and had it translated into English (this I later discovered was Mrs Koyama’s copy (or the Gakkai’s not Usui’s). This is what Arjava Petter was also to obtain and later to publish.

Early in 1999 it was decided to ask Mr. Doi if he would like to hold a workshop in the West, much to our amazement he said ‘yes’ !!! And it was decided to hold a ‘first ever’ workshop with Japanese Reiki Masters outside of Japan, the venue to be in Vancouver, Canada. This was held in Vancouver, August 1999.

The workshop was a great event with people attending from several countries, England, Canada, America, South America, France and Japan. All the organisers attended including two from Japan who were Mr. Doi’s Master students.

We had translated Doi’s book and all attending were given a copy, plus a copy of Usui’s manual, plus an additional large manual of even more information. (Mr Doi’s book, thanks to our translation, is now available in English throughout the world)

The rest has now become history and Mr. Doi continues to travel and tell his story.

Some months before the workshop Arjava Petter had already published his first book ‘Reiki Fire’ and was planning his second which was soon to be published. Arjava also attended the workshop as a student.

That is a rather brief account of my Reiki adventure to that time which was August 1999.

On my return to the UK I was keen to share my new knowledge, I shared with friends first and then decided that more in my country should have this information.

Being familiar with chat lists I started a, UK only, list to pass the information to others in my country. I had also at that time started a website called ‘Reiki History’.

Word got around and I was able eventually to pass the ‘new’ Reiki information to others.

I also started to feed some of it onto my website for all to receive. Eventually being able to include all I had learned to that date.

The chat list was to introduce me to someone who has become a very firm friend, who himself was to become involved in the Reiki story in a way we never imagined possible.

All this happened in the last few months of 1999.

——————————-

In January 2000 I was contacted by someone in the north of England, I live in the South-East. He asked me to phone him as he had some information about Mikao Usui and his martial arts. Needless to say I was on the phone, immediately!!!

Chris Marsh (50) was a practitioner in the Japanese martial arts and since his early teenage years had visited Japan to further his practice many, many times. Chris was a Reiki Master and we had both been practicing for about the same length of time. Recently he had been told through his Japanese martial arts teacher that a certain Mikao Usui had been a very accomplished Martial Artist and very respected in his craft. Chris speaks Japanese and is also a Tendai Buddhist follower.

We immediately seemed to hit it off and were constantly on the phone chatting and deepening our friendship. Following this contact we started to receive more information from Japan through Chris’s teacher, some we could use openly, other we were asked to treat with respect and not yet pass-on. Some adjustments were made to my website.

In June of that year Chris had to return to Japan to complete some of his final training for his martial art levels, this included a two day meditation on Mount Kurama !

It was during early 2000 that I was invited by Mr Doi to attend a workshop in Kyoto, Japan in November of that year. I was delighted of course and my wife and I decided to make it our annual vacation. I had been asked to talk about Reiki in the UK and Europe, my friends from Canada and America were also invited to take part.

——————–

Chris left for Japan in June 2000, this was to be a truly wonderful trip and one he would never forget.

Having completed his martial arts training Chris was told that he should visit a number of people, having no real idea why but having been told it was about Reiki, he complied with the request.

He was introduced so several people all having had connections with Mikao Usui, he was also shown a number of artifacts related to Usui.

The next day he was told that he was to meet a very elderly lady, a Buddhist Nun.

When he arrived it was to discover to his amazement that she was indeed very old, in fact 106 years old. If that wasn’t enough she told him that she was a student of Mikao Usui!!

This was an incredible meeting and one that had obviously been planned. Even more amazing was that she new all about Chris and, surprise, surprise myself!!

During this first meeting he was given much information about Mikao Usui and his teachings, he received Reiju and was shown how to give to others. He was told that people were not very pleased about the way Usui’s teachings were being taught in the world, including Japan, and that she wanted the truth to be told. The information gained was a revelation and showed just how wrongly things were being interpreted by people in the west.

On his return to the UK Chris discussed with me what he had been taught and during the next few months even more information was given.

Here is some of the early information we received.

He (Usui) became very well known for his healing skills and people would go to visit him.

He could be very outspoken and controversial, this would often cause concern amongst his friends for his welfare, his answer would be ‘just for today’.

He was against war but honored the ancient ‘warrior’ spirit in men.

His teachings included the ‘Oneness’ of all things, we all come from and return to the same source.

The Usui (Usui Teate or Usui Do) teachings were about teaching people how to heal themselves. Not about the healing of others, this is a very important point.

Healing would be given to people, then they were taught how to heal themselves.

The method – Usui’s teachings were truly Spiritual and based on the Affirmations/precepts and leading a proper life.

For today only:

Do not anger

Do not worry

Be humble

Be honest in your work

Be compassionate to yourself and others

The teachings were Buddhist in origin and included some Shinto energy practices.

He taught healing for yourself and others emphasizing health and happiness. By healing self you are also having a healing effect on others.

So this gives us the meaning of his ‘Spiritual Practice’.

Although he did not have a name for his teachings he did refer to them as a –

‘Method to Achieve Personal Perfection’

He was physically big, quiet manner and extremely powerful. Did not accept fools willingly and could be quite abrasive at times. He could get righteously angry and quite impatient, particularly with people who wanted results but were not prepared to work for them.

The name used by Usui’s students is ‘Usui Teate’ – ‘Usui Hand Touch’ or ‘Usui Hand Healing also Usui Do – ‘Usui Way’.

The name Reiki is not used or known by Usui’s students. The word Reiki is used in the affirmations but not as a name for the teachings.

—————–

Through 2000 we continued to receive information from Japan, our teacher’s name is Suzuki-san. On a personal level I also received several e-mails and was given a lot of further information, a lot of this was about Hayashi’s part in what we in the west call Reiki. Suzuki-san through a translator uses e-mail and is very familiar with modern ways of communication, she often contacts Chris by telephone.

In November 2000 I took part in Mr. Doi’s workshop in Kyoto, Japan, I stayed for two weeks and toured many, many sites in this wonderful country. Eventually becoming an expert on Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines. We took the compulsory trip with Mr. Doi to Kurama Yama and enjoyed a day touring the mountain.

The workshop was a success but for me it was now becoming doubtful whether Usui actually taught what we were being told by Mr Doi’s source which mainly seemed to be the Gakkai.

Following my trip to Japan and over the next few months through 2001 we, Chris and I taught several workshops in England, Belgium and Italy. We were teaching simply what we had been taught up to that date; mainly this was about the use of Jumon (Kotodama/Mantra) in a healing environment without the use of symbols. This alone made big differences to how people received the energies and people were very impressed. This also included the receiving of Reiju which we gave to all attending.

In June/July 2001 Chris again returned to Japan, this time for an even bigger surprise. On arrival he was told again that some people wanted to meet him. He met with Suzuki-san and was introduced to a further 11 very elderly people, ALL were students of Mikao Usui !!!!

This, as you can imagine was amazing news, the ages ranged from 96 – 111 !!! They were Buddhist monks and Nuns, Shinto followers and a Farmer. None were familiar with the name Reiki and referred to Usui’s teachings as either Usui Teate (hand touch) or Usui Do. Once again Chris received Reiju from all present and was also shown many of Usui’s own papers including diaries, notes, precepts all in his own hand. These papers are treated as sacred documents and may not be copied other than by hand. He was allowed to make copies of some and other copies were to be sent later.

Other information was given showing how Usui taught and what his teachings were truly about, these are given in outline on my website. They are NOT about healing of others in the way taught by Hayashi, this is also explained on my site under the Hayashi pages. The teachings are almost solely about the healing of self, which indeed leads to healing of others, this cannot be discussed here.

Since this time and following the receiving of more information, and not yet totally received, we adjusted our teachings, introducing a form of teaching, including many meditation exercises, never before seen. We have now realized that these teachings cannot be properly taught in a workshop format, and that the way Usui taught, one to one, is the only way they can be taught. This of course causes us a problem and we are trying to address that as I write. Trying to find the correct way forward for those genuinely wishing to learn. Each step we take is fully discussed with our teachers.

This article, although only giving a brief outline, is already very long so I will stop here.

The true teachings of Mikao Usui are very different to what we have been taught in the west through Chujiro Hayashi and Mrs. Takata. Many people will not want to accept them, they cannot be ‘sold’ in the Reiki way, and must be worked at by the student. (I must stop before the soapbox comes out)

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have, however please understand some things I cannot discuss openly, some things are only for teacher and student. Not secret but only taught when the student is ready.

Gassho. Andy Bowling.

Have a great day today

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2023), Aragorn (23rd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (24th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2023), Wind (23rd May 2023)

Thanks
    But if I was in an altered state of consciousness where my active mind was muted and my awareness heightened, and two ordinary looking men approached me, were a presence in the room? Say one touched my back, my entire body was filled with an enormous white, blue and gold energy. (Later when my mind was back in a active state I found that a particular health related issue had disappeared after this.) And I was filled with the knowledge of who those two men were because they communicated to me without words, what would you think it was? With the reiteration that my mind and ego were in resting state and awareness heightened.
    In my view consciousness is consciousness.
    Whether in an altered state or not makes no difference.

Soul in my mind is just a larger portion of consciousness constructing a "Self" if you will.
    Like ego, but MORE.

Neither is wrong really, but different in which part of All that Is they identify with.
    As such the vibrational essence of any part of reality will only be "known" as direct experience, Which is impermanent and lasts mere moments.
    Or as an idea, Well at least in our human form..

An idea is always an approximation and symbolized abstraction of the experience..
    There's me the ego, there's I AM the Soul, there is All that Is(God?).

Whatever happened when you were touched and who the people were that touched and communicated with you is "unimportant". You had an experience. That experience had a lasting effect. The way your mind processed it is however you are capable of understanding it. If it is beyond your comprehension, you wouldn't have remembered the experience it in the way you did.

Does that make sense? I often find it difficult to explain how I understand these things.

With Love
    Have a great day today

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2023), Aragorn (23rd May 2023), Diabolical Boids (24th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2023), Wind (23rd May 2023)

Thanks
    Cheers Cats, some of this blows me mind, in a good way lol. ta

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th May 2023), Catsquotl (24th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (24th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2023), Wind (24th May 2023)

Thanks
    Is a Beta State the same as a Gamma state?

What you described is what happens when you go from beta consciousness to gamma state when a hyper awareness emerges, one that exceeds the limitations of consciousness and is beyond ego. It doesn't have the limitations of waking consciousness.

If altered consciousness didn't matter why do so many people meditate?

If someone just wants to put hands up and do Reiki maybe consciousness doesn't matter?

It depends on your goals.

But when the practitioner is eventually affected by their own art if they allow it the Reiki evolves the practitioner to Quantum healing. Referring back the link I posted which means there is no difference between the two and the practitioner is only limited by their belief.

The altered state where the psyche has a broad focus, and you are staring directly the morphogenic field (unlimited potential and possibilities) the mind body and ego out of the way . You are no longer the middleman but part of the field. Or rather now you have the awareness you were always part of the field. That produces a faster effect or manifest than playing Russian Roulette with positive thoughts and intentions where you sometimes get a bang but maybe not a lot. Being the unified field helps your conscious efforts a lot more.

Whereas trying to produce an effect from the Beta State is narrow focus, slow to manifest, intrusive mind chatter, thoughts that oppose what you are trying to manifest, and a bunch of other distractions. *

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2023), Aragorn (24th May 2023), Catsquotl (24th May 2023), Wind (24th May 2023)

Thanks
    I have caveat in view of consciousness and mine is, I'm aware, totally in opposition to what most people think or have been taught to think by conventional psychology.

That's fine. My goals are typically different too.

The general consensus is that consciousness is occurring in the brain or at least in the head.

My view and experience is that consciousness is throughout the entire body, with a small percentage of it occurring in the head.

What the consciousness is doing in the body can be processed by the brain which makes it seem that consciousness is only in our brain/ head. But its in the body.

Where consciousness goes the mind will follow.

Studies in heart brain coherence have showed this. There is a heart brain connection where there are literal brain neurons in the heart and cardiac cells in the brain.

Heart Brain coherence is where you begin relying more on heart information than brain (ego, mind) information. The brain becomes more reliable and its waves more flowing instead of affected by ego, fear or anxiety.

We think of anxiety as occurring in the head or mental/ emotional spaces. It's occurring in the body. That is why the mind seemingly can't control it, you can't easily talk yourself out of an anxiety or panic attack. You can talk yourself out of fear but anxiety you have to breath your way out and that doesn't always work for people whose minds are deeply entrenched in the body. It's the neurological reaction throughout the entire body that is felt. Feelings are felt throughout the entire body not the head, or the brain.

I know this is counter to everything thinks and believes about what goes on inside of our heads. Someone who is susceptible to anxiety attacks may grasp what I'm saying. They don't feel it in their head they feel it everywhere. Same with PTSD.

Medical studies inadvertently admitted to it. Stress that they think is occurring in the head affects the heart or stomach resulting in cardiac issues and stomach ulcers. Stress does do that and its because consciousness is throughout the entire body. The stress is actually occurring in the heart and brain are but it can occur anywhere.

That's why I say the consciousness is throughout the body.

Meditation or anything that helps you not to be so much in your body helps and that requires an altered state.

If the consciousness is left to its own devices too long in the body the body begins to think its the mind and then it starts trying to control everything. Then its hard to manage until the mind is brought back up out of the body.

I know, totally opposing view I suppose but that's where Reiki has taken me over the last 25 years. When I first started doing it I didn't hold these ideas and they would have sounded bizarre to me then.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2023), Aragorn (24th May 2023), Catsquotl (24th May 2023), Wind (24th May 2023)

Thanks
    Is a Beta State the same as a Gamma state?

If altered consciousness didn't matter why do so many people meditate?
    If someone just wants to put hands up and do Reiki maybe consciousness doesn't matter?
    It depends on your goals.
    It Matters, But that doesn't matter..
    The experience of the Beta and the Gamma state are different.
    The consciousness experiencing them.... Well that's where it gets really interesting.

As for the meditators, even Buddha advised to do the things that are pleasurable over things that aren't. Many a meditator found samadhi a pleasurable state to be in.
    So it doesn't matter, but feels good and much better.

And of course there is consciousness involved when someone "does" hands on Reiki.
    Yes I do believe the state of consciousness matter. If any goal is involved.

As for your caveat view of consciousness...
    I no longer think that I, or you or anyone here, or on the other Forums are thinking very different.
    I have met many a Human being who given a conversation does in fact come to very similar conclusions on how to behave and act.
    Some of the more "seemingly stupid and sheepish" ones have shown me behavioral patterns that I could learn from.

I like where you are going concerning where consciousness resides.
    You might like some of the abhidhamma. A buddhist text on what consciousness is and how it comes into being.
    Have a great day today

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2023), Aragorn (24th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (24th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2023), Wind (24th May 2023)

Thanks
    I have caveat in view of consciousness and mine is, I'm aware, totally in opposition to what most people think or have been taught to think by conventional psychology.

That's fine. My goals are typically different too.

The general consensus is that consciousness is occurring in the brain or at least in the head.

My view and experience is that consciousness is throughout the entire body, with a small percentage of it occurring in the head.

What the consciousness is doing in the body can be processed by the brain which makes it seem that consciousness is only in our brain/ head. But its in the body.

Where consciousness goes the mind will follow.

Studies in heart brain coherence have showed this. There is a heart brain connection where there are literal brain neurons in the heart and cardiac cells in the brain.

Heart Brain coherence is where you begin relying more on heart information than brain (ego, mind) information. The brain becomes more reliable and its waves more flowing instead of affected by ego, fear or anxiety.

We think of anxiety as occurring in the head or mental/ emotional spaces. It's occurring in the body. That is why the mind seemingly can't control it, you can't easily talk yourself out of an anxiety or panic attack. You can talk yourself out of fear but anxiety you have to breath your way out and that doesn't always work for people whose minds are deeply entrenched in the body. It's the neurological reaction throughout the entire body that is felt. Feelings are felt throughout the entire body not the head, or the brain.

I know this is counter to everything thinks and believes about what goes on inside of our heads. Someone who is susceptible to anxiety attacks may grasp what I'm saying. They don't feel it in their head they feel it everywhere. Same with PTSD.

Medical studies inadvertently admitted to it. Stress that they think is occurring in the head affects the heart or stomach resulting in cardiac issues and stomach ulcers. Stress does do that and its because consciousness is throughout the entire body. The stress is actually occurring in the heart and brain are but it can occur anywhere.

That's why I say the consciousness is throughout the body.

Meditation or anything that helps you not to be so much in your body helps and that requires an altered state.

If the consciousness is left to its own devices too long in the body the body begins to think its the mind and then it starts trying to control everything. Then its hard to manage until the mind is brought back up out of the body.

I know, totally opposing view I suppose but that's where Reiki has taken me over the last 25 years. When I first started doing it I didn't hold these ideas and they would have sounded bizarre to me then.
    Beautifullll to hear, agreeence TOTally from my experience also and similar time frames.

Interesting to hear the beginnings from a differing perspective, lol did spirit go cool, lets direct this with humanity n earthy hands.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2023), Catsquotl (25th May 2023)

Thanks
    So been more watchfullll regards symbols and sending since this thread started, the amount of people using Reiki symbols 4 self n others still rises daily, gets stronger daily, remember first time seeing alongside myself one of my teachers, also sending at same time, have linked during meditations a few times since also ( a knowing n feel ) , i ponder if Reiki was its own meandering energy just going with it, Earths n humanties happenings.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th June 2023), Catsquotl (5th June 2023), Wind (6th June 2023)