Page 181 of 206 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3083

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    You tease you hurt soul, i conferskate your chuckle and raise you a slug of butterfly tears

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (18th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I raise you a hurt truth lol
    OK. You win the hand with a royal flush.

King Chuckie the lll comes to mind.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following User Says Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    Such a harsh lad

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

modwiz (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Such a harsh lad
    Trying to flush out my pain body.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (17th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Well Dia B's gifted you some doozies imo regards the hard yards of dad stuff imo.

Natural habitats a go, face it, do it lol or poke your tounge out and wave your hands lol
    The work is EFFING hard. There's two kinds of people. Those who will do the work. And those who won't. That's it.

It goes like this.

You need someone to keep you on track. It's addiction work. Addicts always need a sponsor. To show them how not to drink or do drugs and why they are addicted in the first place.

Then you find the Daddy-Mommy-whatever issues. Release the story and the emotions that go with it. Easier said than done. That means hypnosis, sticking your head into the unified field, squeezing your pineal gland, meditation, breathing, and energy work dragging our sorry arses to the past, to the present, into the future and back again. Nailing anxiety, breathing and tapping through it at odd moments until ever single bit of that dreck is gone. Maybe lots of times.

Now that that is gone on the mental and emotional level and cellular level we never ever revisit that again. It's gone. It's released. Don't invite it back in again.

But the mind is addicted to the story and the body is addicted so it wants to go back there to the old thoughts and the old emotions so you always have to be mindful and present of where your thoughts and emotions are wandering off and self correct until this new state is your new normal. Say three weeks or so. You don't go off returning to it, soliciting advice, or attention for it, or put yourself in positions where its triggered over and over, because you've released it. Why invite it in again. You reinstall it by revisiting it and that is why people stay stuck. It's just like someone who stops drinking, gets on the right track and falls off the wagon into old narrative.

Once its released, you replace the old behavior of soliciting attention with a new one. Doesn't matter what it is. Tap dancing or riding the flying spaghetti Monster. Change the mind, change the body. Then you have this awkward transition time where you are integrating and feeling ungrounded. It's tempting to fall back into old habits to feel normal or yourself. The point isn't to feel yourself again. Your old self sucks. You want a new self, new mind, new body which means a new healthy life where you aren't undermining and sabotaging yourself all the time.

It's not fun, it's not easy, it's doable and it's worth it. And once you start it, you show the universe that you are willing to like yourself to do the work (mind, body, soul, creator) and willing to like life and life will start liking you back. Then it becomes a game. Change all your habits. You won't be able to do anything without life popping up to show how much it loves you back.

Some people's very lives depend on this work cause it could be the choice between living and dying of some terminal disease instead of being afflicted with a bad case of butthurt we don't want to let go off because it gives us some superficial attention instead of life. And they do it. Cause they found something to live for instead of constantly sulk about. Life is so much more vibrant than wallowing in old emotions and old stories. It wants to like you, it wants to love you, if you let it.

And believe me you I have seen people choose death, just choosing to drop dead on the spot rather than let go of their pain, and their self-inflicted victimhood when an actual cure for it was presented.

Two kinds of people. Those who make the choice to do, and those who make the choice to not do. There's no half way. There's just people who catch on faster, or move more slowly but they keep moving. And then the other kind. They can't let loose of death.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), modwiz (17th May 2023), Wind (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chuckie View Post
    My dad was a narcissist, constantly belittling me...I have never been able to resolve it.
    It's not resolved because your Dad belittling you isn't your issue anymore. You belittle yourself here and your Dad isn't around presumably. Not the issue. Narcissists make their targets hate themselves. The issue is self loathing. So once Dads is out of the picture the victim hoists the petard and continues Dad's work by belittling themselves and others in public, in private, wherever. That's what people who hate themselves do.

Your secondary issue is that you hate your father. Because he made you hate yourself. That's natural. Let the self hate go so you can let Dads go.

Rinse and repeat: the reason you hate him is because he made you hate yourself and you express that self loathing nine ways to Sundays by belittling yourself just like he did. So it will never resolve until you put the brakes on that. You have to like yourself enough to do that though.

Just. Stop. It. Stop belittling yourself constantly. Stop in dignifying yourself. Those are behaviors you learned from your dad.

Your dad. And then you turned it into a habit.

Not me, not Fred.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023)

Thanks
    lol n you couldnt a help but join Moddy
    He didn't join. We summoned him.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Aragorn (18th May 2023), modwiz (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Posted without comment.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiLUEgN6vQ

Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    He didn't join. We summoned him.
    Thought I smelled gas and should check on things.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Aragorn (18th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 7,284 Posts
    This is some Fight Club level stuff here.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCY_G-kadg
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Aragorn (18th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (17th May 2023), modwiz (17th May 2023), Octopus Garden (17th May 2023)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Oh dear Lord,

Diabolical, Chuckie doesn't agree with you. He thinks differently, forms opinions differently. He shouldn't have to defend himself against your charges of being completely unreliable due to what? He had a Narcissitic father therefore, yada yada yada?

The premise being that his personality flaws make it impossible for him to think clearly. No. Just no.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (18th May 2023)

Thanks
    Oh the dilemma of it all.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSMQx9ZT8mY

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    This is some Fight Club level stuff here.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCY_G-kadg
    Ragnarok rages.

Pour a round of mead.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (17th May 2023), Octopus Garden (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Oh dear Lord,

Diabolical, Chuckie doesn't agree with you. He thinks differently, forms opinions differently. He shouldn't have to defend himself against your charges of being completely unreliable due to what? He had a Narcissitic father therefore, yada yada yada?

The premise being that his personality flaws make it impossible for him to think clearly. No. Just no.
    He does have to back up his accusations of others though which is all about him actually being unreliable. Which is what initiated this entire conversation.

If he wants to play with people then there's consequences to that. I will reiterate people don't like being used and we don't owe ourselves to anyone.

I deeply regret that people cannot grasp that. Perhaps they have the same problem. People are just there to to amuse others.

He's had his fun and now he's angry that that someone provided what he was asking for ?Total and complete attention to him. Except it wasn't flattering. He wanted to drag everyone down the same old route again and someone said no. Take it or leave it.

Don't beg, wheedle and prod for answers and then cry when they are given or deny they were given. If we don't like answers, think about that before we ask the question.
    Last edited by Diabolical Boids, 17th May 2023 at 23:06.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), modwiz (17th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,103 Times in 20,306 Posts

Statement

Okay now, everybody relax and take a deep breath. Chuckie has his flaws, but so does everyone else, and there's no need to keep on bashing him over the head about it. You've all had your say by now, and so now it is time to let things cool down again — for him as well as for the rest of you.

Don't make me lock this thread, guys.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), modwiz (18th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,096 Times in 2,656 Posts
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th May 2023), Aragorn (18th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (18th May 2023), modwiz (18th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Okay now, everybody relax and take a deep breath. Chuckie has his flaws, but so does everyone else, and there's no need to keep on bashing him over the head about it. You've all had your say by now, and so now it is time to let things cool down again — for him as well as for the rest of you.

Don't make me lock this thread, guys.
    Don't sweat it, Aragorn. They have the right to release their frustrations...no one likes the leader (intellectual) and it has always been like that. Really, it is my responsibility to be kind. It is my bad really...but they're not completely innocent in that regard...things build unto they blow.

In the past as a child really, I handled things poorly. In truth, that was when I learned that leadership is a thankless role and eschewed it at every opportunity.

And especially don't lock my thread...it is my thread isn't it?

Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Oh dear Lord,

Hi OG, thanks for being almost normal...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 18th May 2023 at 12:09.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023)