Page 151 of 206 FirstFirst ... 51101141148149150151152153154161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3079

Thread: Chaos and the Anti-Thread

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    This biggest and most important thing that President Biden has done, imo, is actually talk to the American People. He and his Press Secretary actually talk to us, answer questions without attacking reporters and calling them names, and give actual information as opposed to empty talking points.

Biden has passed some very important bills while swimming against the current because he can't paddle upstream since both his canoe and paddles were taken.

Recall that he was not given a peaceful transfer of power nor was he given the usual honeymoon period.

If you actually compare media reports, when Trump got the same job numbers his economy was 'booming'. When Biden gets even better numbers the media says his economy is 'sluggish'.

(One day, in fantasy land, people will actually see that the media was way too nice to conservatives and regularly propped them up and made them look better than they were. Of course, the damage is already done.)

Most importantly, to me anyway, Biden does't deny the insurrection nor does he sweep it under the rug.

If you want to die from a disease, deny it. Then it will kill you. This is metaphorically true here in the States, and also literally true as more and more people die unnecessarily from Covid.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (7th January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This biggest and most important thing that President Biden has done, imo, is actually talk to the American People. He and his Press Secretary actually talk to us, answer questions without attacking reporters and calling them names, and give actual information as opposed to empty talking points.

Biden has passed some very important bills while swimming against the current because he can't paddle upstream since both his canoe and paddles were taken.

Recall that he was not given a peaceful transfer of power nor was he given the usual honeymoon period.

If you actually compare media reports, when Trump got the same job numbers his economy was 'booming'. When Biden gets even better numbers the media says his economy is 'sluggish'.

(One day, in fantasy land, people will actually see that the media was way too nice to conservatives and regularly propped them up and made them look better than they were. Of course, the damage is already done.)

Most importantly, to me anyway, Biden does't deny the insurrection nor does he sweep it under the rug.

If you want to die from a disease, deny it. Then it will kill you. This is metaphorically true here in the States, and also literally true as more and more people die unnecessarily from Covid.
    Hi DT,

yeah, Biden is working ... it's no wonder that his numbers are bad ... I'm convinced in the current climate Jesus is under 50% approval. Half of us are stark raving mad. I've been reading a 'zeitgeist' history of Europe lately and I realized that as people have been saying we are experiencing a rerun of 20th century Germany. What is different though is what segment of the populace is 'zeitgeisting' the run toward authoritarianism. In 1920's Germany it was the intelligentsia that led the change. It was the Professors of the university systems that wanted to see the rise of the uber-German. In fact, the primary mover was a homosexual anti-semitic named Schramm. Their perspective was that of a romantic Victorian vision of the former great leaders. The similarity here is that the vision was a fantasy not based on the reality of history, fake history as Aianawa would say. But the incremental movement was one of most, "Oh well, we can't do any better than Hitler to accomplish the goal so let's do it"

Stated succinctly, it was indifference to the social mechanisms of ethics, COMPASSION, and justice.

What is different now is that the movers are essentially the clueless and their manipulation by the overtly political and authoritarian with the Great Leader holding the analogous position of Hitler.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks
    Jesus is being left behind by prosperity gospel. This take on Christianity is pretty much the opposite of the teachings of Jesus. And so we have Americans who say they don't care if money came from criminal activity. A person is blessed by God to have it. So they should lead.

Jesus would both weep and turn tables over at the current state of the Christian churches, imo.

I'm watching people still call the President sleepy Joe. What in the world are they paying attention to? He's been quite busy.

But I guess people prefer a guy who sits and watches TV hours a day. Weird though, since they say they don't like the Deep State. Supporting a guy who lets the Deep State do whatever it wants while he watches Fox and OAN and saying he fights the Deep State is pretty bat-shit crazy.

But then, I never thought Trump followers were very sane.

Which is why I'm entirely confused by folks I know, who should know better.

Crazy times.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (8th January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks
    Jesus is being left behind by prosperity gospel. This take on Christianity is pretty much the opposite of the teachings of Jesus. And so we have Americans who say they don't care if money came from criminal activity. A person is blessed by God to have it. So they should lead.

Jesus would both weep and turn tables over at the current state of the Christian churches, imo.

I'm watching people still call the President sleepy Joe. What in the world are they paying attention to? He's been quite busy.

But I guess people prefer a guy who sits and watches TV hours a day. Weird though, since they say they don't like the Deep State. Supporting a guy who lets the Deep State do whatever it wants while he watches Fox and OAN and saying he fights the Deep State is pretty bat-shit crazy.

But then, I never thought Trump followers were very sane.

Which is why I'm entirely confused by folks I know, who should know better.

Crazy times.
    Well, the pattern can be discerned I believe. Combination of magical thinking, wishful thinking, and a genetic predisposition towards authoritarianism. I mustn't forget 'romanticism'. Romanticism is what has led us to hell and back in just about any way I can envision. But, in this case, a romanticism rooted in the self-aggrandizement of one's historical heritage. Most all of it is fantasy and American history is not a far cry from that norm. Witness Aianawa's Sepulfhur, the guy is the spittin' prototype of fake historical wishful and magical thinking. Here's an interesting historical footnote: To be considered a magical King leader in the early middle ages merely required a passing familiarity with algebra. Plenty of romantic legends have evolved around that.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    Well, the pattern can be discerned I believe. Combination of magical thinking, wishful thinking, and a genetic predisposition towards authoritarianism. I mustn't forget 'romanticism'. Romanticism is what has led us to hell and back in just about any way I can envision.
    Are you perhaps referring to Manifest destiny there?

Here's an interesting historical footnote: To be considered a magical King leader in the early middle ages merely required a passing familiarity with algebra. Plenty of romantic legends have evolved around that.
    Interesting. So they considered math magical?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022), Emil El Zapato (8th January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Are you perhaps referring to Manifest destiny there?

Interesting. So they considered math magical?
    yup, imagine that, huh ... yeah Manifest Destiny is a very good example.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022), Wind (8th January 2022)

Thanks

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    FDR was a communist ... and he wasn't even Jewish ... was he ... hmm

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by BeastOfBologna View Post
    FDR was a communist ... and he wasn't even Jewish ... was he ... hmm
    Your kind of guy?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022)

Thanks

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Talk about wishful thinking... We can see what it means right now 'to hold all the power'. Never happen. Dems have a conscience which means they can't have all the power.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (21st January 2022)

Thanks
    Ok, that demon cat is coming down. I was working on my desktop computer speakers and opened up a 4-inch by 2.4 inch container of different plug sizes. I tried a few before I hit on the right size, so I proceeded to plug everything in and of course the speakers still did not fire up with power not to mention the migraine that I developed because of all the lights I was using. So I gave up, and started packaging everything up so I could keep them for possible future use. The package was gone ... I didn't think that I had moved more than 3 feet while going through this entire process but nothing gone...poof. I've pretty much searched the entire downstairs of my house and nothing, gonzo, period exclamation point. I freaking give up...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th January 2022), Octopus Garden (28th January 2022)

Thanks
    I don't want to be mean here, it's not my intention.

Almost every time I see an image or video of Candace Owens I see someone who doesn't look real. She looks android-like. As if she has a silicon mask for a face. I can't get past this. It doesn't matter the setting, the lighting, her clothes, none of that makes a difference.

I can't think of anyone else who strikes me this way. I have no doubt that she's a human with human skin, but she just doesn't look like it. She looks manufactured. Like she was ordered off Amazon.

This chaos thread seemed to be the place for such a weird observation.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (29th January 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I don't want to be mean here, it's not my intention.

Almost every time I see an image or video of Candace Owens I see someone who doesn't look real. She looks android-like. As if she has a silicon mask for a face. I can't get past this. It doesn't matter the setting, the lighting, her clothes, none of that makes a difference.

I can't think of anyone else who strikes me this way. I have no doubt that she's a human with human skin, but she just doesn't look like it. She looks manufactured. Like she was ordered off Amazon.
    It's because she's one of "them".
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th January 2022), Emil El Zapato (29th January 2022)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    It's because she's one of "them".
    Excellent ... she is one of them. She is one of those that can't differentiate between her racial legacy and her desire to be white. Those ones are just sad when I'm in a good mood, they are something else when they sit on the Supreme Court.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th January 2022), Octopus Garden (30th January 2022)