Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Next USA President - Marianne Williamson

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Aw, no love for my girl Tulsi?
    She's my second favorite actually.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019), Fred Steeves (6th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Aw, no love for my girl Tulsi?
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    She's my second favorite actually.
    Right on. I know this thread's about Marianne, and the more I see of her the more I like; but who, especially after this last debate, is mainstream media taking the gloves off with for daring expose the record of an elite's Chosen One?

18 minutes of pure gold here from Jimmy Dore and company. Stand up comedians... I can almost see the day now when they are looked upon in the eyes of history like our last few true independent journalists, as America's last bastion of raw and unadulterated free speech before it all finally got smothered amongst a big knotted cluster fuck of propaganda, "national security concerns", and political correctness:
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 7th August 2019 at 03:39.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), modwiz (7th August 2019), Silly Wabbit (22nd May 2022), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Just WOW, MW according to her party is not even mentioned at all concerning 3rd debate in Sep > https://www.uspresidentialelectionne...cratic-debate/

They do not say if she has not enough polling % or Donors or even mention MW.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Just WOW, MW according to her party is not even mentioned at all concerning 3rd debate in Sep > https://www.uspresidentialelectionne...cratic-debate/

They do not say if she has not enough polling % or Donors or even mention MW.
    I smell a boycott.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Watching Bernie getting shafted last time was disgusting, lets see how passionate USAians really are about their future now, well the democrats side anyway.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Watching Bernie getting shafted last time was disgusting, lets see how passionate USAians really are about their future now, well the democrats side anyway.
    Isn't it interesting to observe what mainstream news outlets choose to either ignore, or focus on? That's why I'm sure to watch the evening news every day. Yes it usually gets my blood boiling, wanting to throw my shoe at the talking head spewing their drivel on the t.v., but it's important to keep up on the diet of what kind of ridiculous fucking lens I'm supposed to be viewing the world through.

We have Captain Chaos not because the U.S. people were drooling to lurch far Right, but because he was offering hope and change that they never got with Obama, and Hillary was serving none of that up. But we never hear about that do we? How many Obama voters voted for Trump in areas where it counted. Taboo.....

Bernie got raped by the DNC right out in plain sight, should have been a major scandal but not a peep, like it never happened. Crickets. What do we get instead? Ongoing hysteria that Russia Russia Russia swung the election, while we've been doing FAR worse than these baseless claims all over the world for a century now. But never a peep about that either. Because the U.S. are the good guys spreading democracy and brightening lives throughout the world with it's military, while it's also a defensive measure, right?

I count only three democrats that might would take a run at shaking up the grind of the machine: Bernie, Marianne, and Tulsi. Although even then Bernie demonstrates from time to time that he'll knuckle under when push comes to shove. So really, it comes down to two women, in my book anyway. The claws are out for Tulsi, especially now that she's taken out a Chosen One. As a sitting member of congress she also does have some power and influence. She might just prove dangerous so we're going to harp on that she's some unwitting Russian asset, or an Assad apologist for daring speak to a world leader that made it to our black list.

The media claws will come out for Marianne if it's ever seen she may pose the slightest threat to the fine grindings of the machine, right now she's more of just a cute little play toy. "Look at her, isn't it fun watching the hippy chick?

Truthfully Vern? Regardless of who's president, even if Americans took to the streets like we did to bring an end to the Vietnam War, I don't think it would change anything, nothing major anyway. I think it's way too late for that. I think it's way too late for all of us. That train done left the station a long time ago. All that did was end one war, it didn't stop needless war in general.

Would it be interesting to see hippy chick Marianne or anti war, Iraq war veteran Tulsi get in and try to shake things up? Yes, and hopefully they would prove me dead wrong, but I think the machine would wind up grinding them into thin dust just like it does anything else that gets in it's way.

And the media would do it's part in making sure enough of our shaped and molded opinions do their part in helping that happen.

That's why I always preach it's far more important to work on continual self revolution, rather than looking to the mirage of meaningful revolution out in the world.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 7th August 2019 at 11:42.

Socrates

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Isn't it interesting to observe what mainstream news outlets choose to either ignore, or focus on?
    I know you're being sarcastic here, Fred, but I myself would be inclined to say, "No, it's not interesting, because it's so goddamn predictable."

That's why I'm sure to watch the evening news every day. Yes it usually gets my blood boiling, wanting to throw my shoe at the talking head spewing their drivel on the t.v., but it's important to keep up on the diet of what kind of ridiculous fucking lens I'm supposed to be viewing the world through.
    I believe Elvis Presley used a .44 Magnum as a remote control device while he was exposing himself to the drivel on TV. Or at least, up until the aliens came and took him away, of course.

We have Captain Chaos not because the U.S. people were drooling to lurch far Right, but because he was offering hope and change that they never got with Obama, and Hillary was serving none of that up. But we never hear about that do we? How many Obama voters voted for Trump in areas where it counted. Taboo.....
    Yes, Donald Trump waited for just the right moment, and then he started making promises. But the fact that the people bought into those promises was the result of his predecessor's failure to live up to his own promises.

It's a well-known phenomenon all over the world, and all over history. Just think of how Adolf Hitler rose to power, or Benito Mussolini, or even on the opposite side of the left-right horizon, how the Soviet revolution came about in 1917.

Bernie got raped by the DNC right out in plain sight, should have been a major scandal but not a peep, like it never happened. Crickets.
    Truth be told, that was mainly because Bernie rolled over on command. Sure, the way he was moved out of Hillary's way was disgusting, but Bernie could have fought back, and he didn't.

And that is why I think that the Democratic National Committee would rather nominate Bernie as their presidential candidate than Marianne. Because Bernie is malleable and can be coaxed into compliance with the status quo, while Marianne is not. Nobody owns Marianne.

What do we get instead? Ongoing hysteria that Russia Russia Russia swung the election, while we've been doing FAR worse than these baseless claims all over the world for a century now.
    Well, it's the same thing with Iran or North Korea developing nuclear weapons. The USA have enough of them to blow up the entire planet, and so do the Russians. The French also have nukes, as do India, Pakistan, China and Israel. Britain used to have them, but they've been handed over to the USA, albeit that they might still reside on British soil, just like we've got a USAF enclave within the Belgian Air Force base at Kleine-Brogel, and that there are American nuclear bombs there.

But "OMG, the Iranians are going to develop a nuke!". Or North Korea. The hypocrisy is an insult to everybody's intelligence.

But never a peep about that either. Because the U.S. are the good guys spreading democracy and brightening lives throughout the world with it's military, while it's also a defensive measure, right?
    I think it's not just the White House that's to blame here, but also the Pentagon and its industrial partners. They have much more to gain from war and conflict than anybody else, and everybody knows they're autocratic.

I count only three democrats that might would take a run at shaking up the grind of the machine: Bernie, Marianne, and Tulsi. Although even then Bernie demonstrates from time to time that he'll knuckle under when push comes to shove. So really, it comes down to two women, in my book anyway. The claws are out for Tulsi, especially now that she's taken out a Chosen One. As a sitting member of congress she also does have some power and influence. She might just prove dangerous so we're going to harp on that she's some unwitting Russian asset, or an Assad apologist for daring speak to a world leader that made it to our black list.

The media claws will come out for Marianne if it's ever seen she may pose the slightest threat to the fine grindings of the machine, right now she's more of just a cute little play toy. "Look at her, isn't it fun watching the hippy chick?
    I agree. Marianne is a novelty and that's why they'll give her the light of day, but she's an anti-status-quo candidate, and that's why neither the Democratic Party nor the mainstream media will ever support her candidacy.

As for Tulsi Gabbard, I'm not too familiar with her, but according to what I do know about her, she seems to be sufficiently strong and sufficiently anti-status-quo for the Democrats to not allow her to run for president.

Truthfully Vern? Regardless of who's president, even if Americans took to the streets like we did to bring an end to the Vietnam War, I don't think it would change anything, nothing major anyway.
    Whoa now, Fred. It wasn't the protests that ended the Vietnam War, but the fact that the US military was having their asses handed over to them on a platter in Vietnam.

First of all, most of the ground troops sent to Vietnam were inexperienced draftees, not professional military. Secondly, the North-Vietnamese people were sufficiently desperate to be willing to blow themselves up in order to kill what they perceived as the intruders of their sovereignty. In fact, that's where the term "gung ho" comes from. The Viet Cong was actually primarily comprised of civilians.

It was a war that the USA couldn't win, and that's why the US pulled out, just like the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan ended catastrophically for the Soviet military.

I think it's way too late for that. I think it's way too late for all of us. That train done left the station a long time ago. Would it be interesting to see hippy chick Marianne or anti war Iraq war veteran Tulsi get in and try to shake things up? Yes, and hopefully they would prove me dead wrong, but I think the machine would wind up grinding them into thin dust just like it does anything else that gets in it's way.

And the media would do it's part in making sure enough of our shaped and molded opinions do their part in helping that happen.
    Agreed. As much as I personally support Marianne ─ and from what I've seen of Tulsi, she'd do well too ─ what the Democratic Party needs is somebody who'll serve the status quo. It might even end up being Bernie, because they know he's not headstrong enough to resist them. The fact that he ended up publicly supporting Hillary during her campaign proves that.

That's why I always preach it's far more important to work on continual self revolution, rather than looking to the mirage of meaningful revolution out in the world.
    Agreed again.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Thanks to Fred, I discovered what I had never come across before... Jimmy Dore

And so I went to search if he had anything with Marianne Williamson and...

All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Fred Steeves (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Thanks to Fred, I discovered what I had never come across before... Jimmy Dore

And so I went to search if he had anything with Marianne Williamson and...

Glad to turn you on to Jimmy Dore Sammy. I missed his MW interview so I just listened to it while at work.

Jimmy's dangerous man, has a razor sharp wit, and is funny as shit to boot! He exposes the oh so pious and hypocritical neoliberals in politics and media who stump for the status quo like nobody else. This one is friggin hilarious watching them rake that silly ass New York Times reporter over the coals, it had me rolling.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

If like him, you'll also like his comedian buddy Graham Elwood, who also does a lot of research and has a razor sharp wit. He goes on the road a lot with Jimmy here's his new channel, these guys do their homework:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/grahamelwood/videos

Socrates

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    Isn't it interesting to observe what mainstream news outlets choose to either ignore, or focus on?
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic here, Fred, but I myself would be inclined to say, "No, it's not interesting, because it's so goddamn predictable."
    Actually, altough I certainly am guilty of occasional printed sarcasm, I try to keep it at a bare minimum because from past mistakes with that I'm fully aware of how it can (understandibly so!) be taken by the recipient not as intended. In this case there was no sarcasm, I truly have an utter fascination with how propaganda and misinformation help grease the skids of machine. The playbook is indeed thin, and predictable as you rightly put, yet I am compelled to watch and study it's finer points. Even though doing so often times winds up aggravating the living shit out of me, but watching Jimmy Dore rants is therapeutic LOL!

I believe Elvis Presley used a .44 Magnum as a remote control device while he was exposing himself to the drivel on TV. Or at least, up until the aliens came and took him away, of course.
    Huh, I never heard that. As a side note though when we visited Graceland out in Memphis a couple years ago we did see out back where the gun range used to be, and the multiple original t.v.'s still set up in the living room the way he had them to watch all the news casts on simultaneously. There was also quite the remarkable energy signature to that place. Don't know what that was about, just that it was there.

Yes, Donald Trump waited for just the right moment, and then he started making promises. But the fact that the people bought into those promises was the result of his predecessor's failure to live up to his own promises.
    Absolutely, this phenomena didn't just happen out of the clear blue sky. The only thing I would quibble with is I see *zero* part of his makeup that is capable of reading these things, I think it would be those close to him like Roger Stone who would be saying "now, now is the time let's hit em, and hit em hard. And here's what to say!".

Truth be told, that was mainly because Bernie rolled over on command. Sure, the way he was moved out of Hillary's way was disgusting, but Bernie could have fought back, and he didn't.
    Yep, and he still does it bowing to the foreign policy establishment.

Ron Paul sat down and shut up in very similar fashion during shenanigans in the 2008 run. Even though I still like and admire much of what he says, I still wonder to this day what scares these guys about using that election microphone to say basically "hey people, what the fuck was that!!??"

As for Tulsi Gabbard, I'm not too familiar with her, but according to what I do know about her, she seems to be sufficiently strong and sufficiently anti-status-quo for the Democrats to not allow her to run for president.
    Tulsi first made a name for herself on the national stage when she stepped down as Vice Chair of the DNC last election and endorsed Bernie over Hillary. That turned a lot of heads, and was not a shrewd political move in the traditional sense. She's still not making typically shrewd political moves, thus the constant media heat she endures at every turn. It's why I like her of course!

Whoa now, Fred. It wasn't the protests that ended the Vietnam War, but the fact that the US military was having their asses handed over to them on a platter in Vietnam.
    You got me on that one, although I do still think those protests, coupled with the other movements at the time, were reshaping the political winds and soldier moral of that era. I would SURE love to see some of that action in my era... but yes I stand corrected, it was ultimately a sound military defeat for "the good guys".

Socrates

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (8th August 2019), Chester (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    For Whatever It's Worth:

I don't know what counts but a higher percentage of Obama voters went Trump than Romney voters went Clinton??

Jimmy Dore's presentation was ludicrous...I watched it last night as long as I could. Is he supposed to be a liberal?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (8th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    "As for Tulsi Gabbard, I'm not too familiar with her, but according to what I do know about her, she seems to be sufficiently strong and sufficiently anti-status-quo for the Democrats to not allow her to run for president."

Just my opinion but it would be a huge mistake to vote for Gabbard, the negative vibes veritably ooze from her. I would vote for a good human being that was a Republican long long before I would vote for her.

Gillibrand I would spit on and then smile at all the outrage...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (8th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Just my opinion but it would be a huge mistake to vote for Gabbard, the negative vibes veritably ooze from her. I would vote for a good human being that was a Republican long long before I would vote for her.
    I'm not surprised NAP, is it the anti war/anti establishment thing that's too far left on the neoliberalism scale for you?

Jimmy Dore's presentation was ludicrous...I watched it last night as long as I could. Is he supposed to be a liberal?
    He's far Left of you, the traditional Left that is. And he has a great sense of humor about it to boot!
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 8th August 2019 at 00:23. Reason: Known Spelling Error

Socrates

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (8th August 2019), Chester (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    I guess, Fred...if neoliberal means an appreciation for common human decency and a desire to treat 'everyone' with respect then that's me...If we could learn to treat humanity with respect, we wouldn't need nasty, hateful crusaders to pretend they care about human life 'meaning war' when their real concern are 'dollars'. We all care about dollars right? Save dollars under the guise of concern for humanity and you're in as a liberal, not a psuedo pretend asshole masquerading as a neoliberal like me...

Honestly, I believe Gabbard would do great as a 'far' psuedo left alt-rightwinger? Have you questioned why certain members here and apparently on the internet which is alt-right hog heaven are so excited about Gabbard, for one, and Williamson for the other...Anything that is nasty or crazy enough is like catnip to all the human predators that have nothing better to do than create fantasies for the clueless masses. Mk-Ultra anyone? False Flag anyone? I'll remain who I am, and be eternally grateful.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Aragorn (8th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

Thanks
    I guess, Fred...if neoliberal means an appreciation for common human decency and a desire to treat 'everyone' with respect then that's me...If we could learn to treat humanity with respect, we wouldn't need nasty, hateful crusaders to pretend they care about human life 'meaning war' when their real concern are 'dollars'. We all care about dollars right? Save dollars under the guise of concern for humanity and you're in as a liberal, not a psuedo pretend asshole masquerading as a neoliberal like me...
    Neoliberalism isn't left-wing, NotAPretender. Neoliberalism is only slightly less right-wing than nationalism, but still sufficiently to the right of the political null-meridian. The difference lies in that neoliberals are globalists and have more tolerance on account of ethnic and other diversities, and that they're also more bureaucratic ─ they tend to over-regulate everything. Economically they are in the same boat as the nationalists ─ they are pro-capitalism and pro-corporatism. And Obama was certainly just as much of an imperialist as Bush Jr. was.

Neoliberalism is simply the right-wing wearing a velvet glove.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th August 2019), Chester (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)