Page 267 of 402 FirstFirst ... 167217257264265266267268269270277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 6018

Thread: Rhosgobel Tent At TOT

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Putin crushes CNN smartass Fareed Zakaria on Donald Trump and US elections

This video is very much worth a view. Watch the judo master put this twister of of Putin's words smack him with his own distortions in a most gentlemanly way. Putin is a world class statesman and a voice for sanity in our insane world. Putin as "thug" is a media creation and has no basis in reality. If you think he is a thug, you have been snookered by a lying media. We are not speaking of how he runs his country but, how he conducts himself on the world stage. We share a planet with him, not a country. He speaks without a teleprompter at his interviews. Hillary recently spoke the word 'sigh' because it was written out for her to emit one. This how phony most of our politicians in the USA are. So, please refresh yourself with a genuine human because there are so few of them left in politics.

I agree with your take on Putin. The media has a lot to answer for. Putin mentioned three times that he would work with whoever the Americans (s)elected for president. The media has said that if Hilary gets in, there will be war. Isn't it obvious that we have to think for ourselves?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Novusod View Post
    This is my first time looking through this thread. In the beginning you were talking about Forrestal being a reptilian and now 266 pages later it is about Trump/Hillary and Brexit.

So basically Rhosgobel Tent is a thread about random topics. Bound to be a lot of interesting things in here.
    That is correct. Imagine a very large tent with nice pillows or comfortable chairs and large pillar candles burning while stream of consciousness conversation both topical, tangential and personal, hovers around thoughtful.
    Last edited by modwiz, 25th June 2016 at 06:15.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (25th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016), Novusod (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Scotland is calling for a second referendum now. I wonder if the haggis eaters will do it this time. Although they would break free from Britain to stay in the EU. I noticed Sturgeon looks like a thinner Merkel in the photo used.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said Saturday that the government was working to present legislation to allow the referendum to break away from the United Kingdom.

She expressed her “deep disappointment” at Britain's decision to leave the 28-member bloc and said, “We are determined to act decisively.”
    Sturgeon is a boney fish and I think staying in the PU is bone-headed.

http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/06/25/...ndence-vote-UK
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Seeing that this is the Rhosgobel Tent, I think I can say it like this. Have a look at the EU ring with all those stars. It's the ring of power, the one to rule them all. So drawn to it, aren't they? Remember...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Yes, it is the One ring to rule them all. It is peculiar that there are twelve stars but more then twelve members. Some seem to think a certain twelve tribes are being indicated. Possibly a conspiracy theory. Not important in the long run. Wishin' and hopin' is not reality. Cue Dusty Springfied.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    What does Dusty Springfield have to do with what I said modwiz? I don't understand your logic here...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    It has been said by Pogo that we have seen the enemy and it is us. There is now an article that a petition with over a million signatures asks for another referendum because some have changed their minds. The following quote, if true, after all it comes for the media, sums up how dysfunctional people are.

“I'm shocked that we voted for Leave, I didn't think that was going to happen. I didn't think my vote was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain,” he told the BBC.
    With logic like this, perhaps voting is beyond his ability. What happened, he sobered up?

Here is a little more retardation.

Mandy Suthi, a student who voted to leave, said she wished she had the opportunity to vote again. She said her parents and siblings also regretted their choice.

“I would go back to the polling station and vote to stay, simply because this morning the reality is kicking in,” she told ITV News.
    Reality is kicking in or alcohol is wearing off?

Media has no shame and will invent both people and quotes, often without considering the picture they present. In this case an incompetent populace that should be staying out of a voting booth in the first place. "Do overs" is something kids do in games when the results are not to their liking. As far as I know, one needs to be a certain definition of adult age to vote.

Pogo was right!

Petition for 2nd EU referendum gathers over 1 million signatures

http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/06/25/...Brexit-Bregret

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I think it's a reference to the title, wishin and hopin.

I don't know what the deal is with the number twelve but it must be of some significance to them. Could be anything from the zodiac to the 12 apostles to the 12 tribes, but maybe in the end all of these things are related on some level.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (25th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    What does Dusty Springfield have to do with what I said modwiz? I don't understand your logic here...
    My humor for one. I was alluding to the possibility of the twelves stars indicating the twelve tribes of Israel. And, that if true, is was wishin' and hopin' on the part of those who did that. Hope that helps. My subtleties take some getting used to and the tangents that might be pursued.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016)

Thanks
    Reality is kicking in or alcohol is wearing off?
    More likely she turned on a TV, saw the BBC employees crying and couldn't take all the boo hooing. People are so soft, mushy and indecisive anymore that the story, as ridiculous as it is, doesn't really surprise me.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    I think it's a reference to the title, wishin and hopin.

I don't know what the deal is with the number twelve but it must be of some significance to them. Could be anything from the zodiac to the 12 apostles to the 12 tribes, but maybe in the end all of these things are related on some level.
    Anyway, I'm out of here now. Somebody here broke a leg, and I have to deal with it, hospital and all. I don't have the energy for this kind of thing at the moment.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), bsbray (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Sorry about that Elen. I hope everything turns out alright. When you live in the homeland of Vikings I guess broken limbs just means you're doing something right.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)

Thanks
    Anyway, I'm out of here now. Somebody here broke a leg, and I have to deal with it, hospital and all. I don't have the energy for this kind of thing at the moment.
    Yes, no time for humor dealing with a broken leg. Now, if it was the humerus...........

On a serious note, my best wishes for a good dealing with it and recovery.
    Last edited by modwiz, 25th June 2016 at 18:39.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016)

Thanks
    Seeing that this is the Rhosgobel Tent, I think I can say it like this. Have a look at the EU ring with all those stars. It's the ring of power, the one to rule them all. So drawn to it, aren't they? Remember...
    OK, Elen, take two on this.

Yes, it does seem to have a hypnotic effect on them. Scotland now wants to try and break with Britain but, remain in the PU, or EU if my humor is missed on that one. I think it may make sense to Americans and not translate well. The only true power in in sovereignty, IMO. Alliances of sovereigns can work though they can be tricky too and were the trigger for WWl. It is my wish that this was a more dignified response. Dignity and tangential humor are queer dance partners.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,089 Times in 2,652 Posts
    A lot of newer members have no idea who I am or my history in the alternative forums. I have been in four to five of them for over six years now. Not so long but, long enough to be one of the "old timers".
    Ah, the old timers club. Strange to think of six years in those terms, but that it surely be. A lot can happen in that amount of time round these parts, almost like a time compression thing.

I have been known to be somewhat merciless but, that has softened somewhat.
    Erosion has a way of softening the rough edges if allowed, those rough edges we either didn't realize or didn't care were jabbing other people.

With that said, I will lean towards the side of sweetness.
    Cheers Rad, you big sweety you
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th June 2016), Cearna (26th June 2016), Elen (27th June 2016), Joanna (2nd July 2016), modwiz (25th June 2016)