Thread: Humanity Stands at Standing Rock

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Interview with Red Dawn Fallis' sister

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fh9t_LSf0

Three spent casings found in protester's revolver, ATF agent testifies

CAROLINE GRUESKIN Bismarck Tribune Dec 12, 2016

A pipeline protester accused of firing a gun three times toward police officers had as many spent shell casings in her revolver and additional bullets in her pockets, a federal agent testified Monday.

The testimony was among the evidence U.S. District Court Magistrate Charles Miller considered in finding probable cause against Red Fawn Fallis in U.S. District Court in Bismarck.

The 37-year-old Denver woman is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm in connection with the incident on Oct. 27, when she was arrested as police pushed protesters from a northern "front line" camp atop the Dakota Access Pipeline route.

Fallis is being held in custody due to the charge. Her next court date was not set Monday. If convicted, she could face up to 10 years in prison.

Fallis' case has drawn national attention with a movement to "Free Red Fawn." A website started for her says she was working as a medic on Oct. 27, and that while she was being arrested, "one officer pulled his weapon and placed it against her back. While she was pinned to the ground, shots were fired."

Her cause has been endorsed by the actor Mark Ruffalo, and an online fundraiser has solicited nearly $38,000 on her behalf.

During the preliminary hearing, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms Special Agent Derek Hill provided testimony based on reports from law enforcement involved in the arrest and a review of her criminal history. He was on scene that day but did not witness the arrest, he said.

Hill said police targeted Fallis for arrest on Oct. 27, because she was acting as an "instigator" and "agitator" by walking up to police and yelling at them, then turning around to get others riled up. He said officers waited for her to separate from the group, then brought her behind the police line for arrest.

It was during the arrest, as two officers tried to pin her down and force her into cuffs that she fired three shots from a gun in her left hand, Hill testified. He said the revolver removed from her hand had three spent casings and two live rounds in it. Officers also found two speed strips with six live rounds each in her pockets, he said.

During the hearing, Assistant U.S. Attorney David Hagler also showed an online video of Fallis' arrest, which Hill said one of the arresting officers confirmed as taken of the incident. The video, which was shot from the protester side of the confrontation, shows a person being arrested behind the police line and three pops can be heard. Hill conceded that no gun is visible in the video.

Hill also testified that Fallis made comments to law enforcement following her arrest along the lines of, "everyone has a right to a firearm" and "if I wanted to shoot or kill you law enforcement, I would've."

Fallis has a prior felony conviction for being an accessory to a crime in Colorado, Hill testified. He said the gun, which was at one point at a shop in Mobridge, S.D., is the product of interstate commerce.

Both of those components, along with Fallis possessing the gun, would be necessary to prove the charge before a jury.

Miller acknowledged that some of the evidence presented Monday was hearsay, which is allowed in a probable cause hearing but would not be allowed in a trial. He said he was able to make the finding even without the hearsay statements regarding what the defendant allegedly told officers.

Xan Joi, a pipeline protester from Oakland, Calif., who was in court Monday said of the testimony that, "nothing was conclusive."

"She was on the ground with six men on top of her and somehow she's able to get a gun and fire it?" Joi asked. "How many times do we witness police saying someone has a gun and shoot them?"

Fallis is being represented by Chris Bellmore, of the federal public defender's office. Miller said in court he was aware of fundraising for Fallis' defense and asked her to fill out a financial affidavit relating to funds she has, as she may need to hire her own attorney or contribute to the public defense costs.

Fallis was previously charged in Morton County with attempted murder, but the charge was dropped when the federal case was filed in late November.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2017), Dreamtimer (5th January 2017), Elen (5th January 2017), Fred Steeves (6th January 2017), modwiz (8th January 2017), sandy (5th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 266 Posts
    i just watched the video. this is what i seen. she is laying head from left to right the feet. the gun shots looked to be at her feet facing up high to down low and to the right. ?
    zoom in or expand to full screen.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYKFRMpmm1E

that is what i see.. how about you?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greenbarry For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2017), Dreamtimer (6th January 2017), Elen (7th January 2017), Maggie (6th January 2017), modwiz (8th January 2017)

Thanks
    I thought I was contributing to the legal defense for NoDAPL and maybe I did? Not sure and the article below discusses less than transparent plans for donations....

In a December 20 Resolution the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council decided to put $3.2 million from donations towards their own debts instead of the water protectors needs

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2017), Dreamtimer (8th January 2017), Elen (8th January 2017), Fred Steeves (8th January 2017), Gio (8th February 2017), Greenbarry (8th January 2017), modwiz (8th January 2017), pointessa (9th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts
    Keeping it alive ...
    Will share this here ...

Sacred Water: Standing Rock Part I - RISE

VICELAND (Full Episode)

"The people of the Standing Rock Indian Reservation of North and South Dakota
    fight to stop a pipeline from being built on their ancestral homeland."

Published on Jan 27, 2017

44:05 minutes

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38rl_kSvfrs

Red Power: Standing Rock Part II - RISE

(Full Episode)

"Over 5,000 Red Power warriors have descended on Standing Rock camp to stand in solidarity
    and protect tribal burial sites from the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline."

Published on Jan 27, 2017

106:45 minutes

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (28th January 2017), Dreamtimer (28th January 2017), Elen (28th January 2017), Maggie (6th February 2017), modwiz (28th January 2017), sandy (28th January 2017)

Thanks

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th February 2017), Dreamtimer (6th February 2017), Elen (6th February 2017), Gio (8th February 2017), Greenbarry (6th February 2017), modwiz (6th February 2017), sandy (8th February 2017)

Thanks
    Some of the posters here had some sense that the chairman has not been not straight up....

Is Not Going to Be Detrimental to Our Nation”
    Published on February 4, 2017 in Freshest News/Politics/Viral by Claire Bernish
    Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Chairman Dave Archambault II now seems actively opposed to the #NoDAPL movement

Says Dakota Access will not ‘kill our nation’
    Takes issue with the phrase ‘water is life’
    Wants water protectors to go home or fight the pipeline in Washington

Rumors concerning tribal leadership, law enforcement, and Big Oil have swirled in Standing Rock from the time the first camp broke ground in April to oppose construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline — termed the “black snake” by Native American water protectors.

Fomenting an international movement against the fossil fuel industry, Standing Rock, Dakota Access, and ‘water protector’ have become familiar terms — primarily given the fight to protect water from contamination began with Indigenous peoples but is indisputably universal.

But Something Changedhttp://thedailyhaze.com/archambault-...t-detrimental/

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th February 2017), Elen (8th February 2017), Fred Steeves (8th February 2017), Gio (8th February 2017), Greenbarry (8th February 2017), modwiz (8th February 2017), sandy (8th February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    That dude reeked of "shill" the first time I saw him.

Splitting hairs over "water is life" is sick, don't think his ancestors would be proud

“Basically, what we’re saying is ‘life is water’ — is, is equal — life is water. I don’t see it that way. I see it as, water is a source of life. It is not life.”

Maybe he's a cyborg? What other form of life is there that does not need water?

I have such a hard time believing this is real, though I had a hard time with that douche being in the position he's in back in October when I first seen him.
    Last edited by donk, 8th February 2017 at 11:31.
    What is the purpose of your presence?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th February 2017), Elen (9th February 2017), Maggie (8th February 2017), modwiz (8th February 2017)

Thanks
    I guess from all evidence presented, Big oil profits means it isn't IF but when the black snake chokes us

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRv4XlG5v2Q

ALTERNATIVE FACTS

President Donald Trump, a beacon of self-awareness in these trying times, said on Tuesday that he didn’t even know the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines, two extremely divisive projects he resurrected during his first days in office, were “controversial.”

“As you know, I approved two pipelines that were stuck in limbo forever,” Trump said at a listening session with local sheriffs in video posted online by ABC News. “I don’t even think it was controversial. You know, I approved them, and I haven’t even heard one call from anybody saying, ‘Oh, that was a terrible thing you did.’”

“I haven’t had one call,” he continued. “Usually if I do something, it’s like bedlam. I haven’t had one call, from anybody.”

The president went on to say “nobody showed up” to fight the Dakota Access Pipeline and that after “years of getting approvals,” not allowing the pipelines to move forward was “unfair” to the private companies behind them. This is laughably “unfair” to the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and their allies, who spent months and months camped out in the wilderness to protest the pipeline’s construction through their water source and sacred lands, and who received a ferocious, often violent response from law enforcement for doing so.

In his remarks, Trump also peddled the statistic that Keystone would create “potentially” 32,000 jobs “almost immediately.” Although the CEO of TransCanada, the company behind the pipeline, has said it would create 42,000 “ongoing, enduring” jobs, a State Department estimate sussed out that those jobs would only last for about a year. All told, Keystone will likely create fewer than 50 long-term jobs.

But hey, there’s nothing “controversial” to see here.
    http://fusion.net/story/385440/donal...s-keystone-xl/
    Last edited by Maggie, 8th February 2017 at 13:34.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

donk (8th February 2017), Dreamtimer (8th February 2017), Elen (9th February 2017), Greenbarry (8th February 2017), modwiz (8th February 2017), sandy (9th February 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,020 Times in 1,226 Posts
    People didn't start showing to stop the oil companies from making a profit and creating jobs, they came because they were called by the locals to help them stand up to being bullied into accepting a self destructive decision they were never given a real equal voice in

It is easy to question why anyone would think it's "controversial" when the true intent of one side is completely marginalized.

The dnc marginalizing their own people's best choice (Bernie) then marginalizing the concerns of ****ed off hillary haters is the reality that they are responsible for Donnie we have to listen (and lots of people take seriously) this horrendous anti-human point of view

Not saying Hilary woulda done any better (or even different), just pointing out to politicos where the real problem with half the "legitimate" political parties actually lies

Lie lies lies, it's all we seem to live for. What chance do we have when the political head of the "movement" himself denies water is life and supports protecting another pipe under what he (and others) think is our endless supply? I weep for my children, who will grow up in a world where this ever increasing respect for authority's selfish short sighted ideals has already passed the level of suicidal insanity
    What is the purpose of your presence?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donk For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th February 2017), Elen (9th February 2017), Greenbarry (8th February 2017), Maggie (8th February 2017), modwiz (8th February 2017), sandy (9th February 2017)