Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Humanity Stands at Standing Rock

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post

Standing Rock Rising
    That is a special picture. Love the sky with the tipi.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), Elen (3rd November 2016), Gio (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts

Standing Rock Rising
    The Goddess is watching over you.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), Elen (3rd November 2016), Gio (3rd November 2016), modwiz (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (12th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Question

will share this here ...

Note: he does hold the executive power to stop and redirecting all this...

Obama wades in ...

The president says rerouting the Dakota Access pipeline is a possibility
    Last edited by Gio, 3rd November 2016 at 07:54.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), modwiz (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (12th November 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post

Aug 19, 2016
    Thom talks about the Lakota Tribe's standoff over the oil pipeline, and the tribe's prophecy about the Black Snake that could end the world.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRMFdNUjnl8

Russell Means: Americans Are The New Indian

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3IUnFq3U0Y

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI5WBd4mpKw
    I really got into the videos Maggie, what a beautiful man speaking for us all, Russel Means. We live in important times where decision must be made by each and every one. Thanks for posting that.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), Gio (3rd November 2016), Maggie (3rd November 2016), modwiz (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (4th November 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I read Russell Means book, Where White Men Fear to Tread back when it came out. He went on the Diane Rehm show in DC. It's a really interesting book. He was involved in freedom fighting in the 70's and then a long Hollywood career.

He told a funny story. He was having some serious anger issues and decided to get therapy. Some of his indian friends told him not to use doctors. He told them he had a white man's disease so he was gonna see a white man's doctor.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Elen (3rd November 2016), Gio (3rd November 2016), Maggie (7th November 2016), modwiz (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (4th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    This is a video Mary Beth posted on Youtube. It is recorded in a supply tent at Rosebud camp and is a week or two old. It is one man speaking.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd November 2016), Dreamtimer (3rd November 2016), Elen (3rd November 2016), Gio (3rd November 2016), Maggie (3rd November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (4th November 2016), The One (3rd November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    One man sharing his story with Heart authenticity. Thank you one and all :unity:

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th November 2016), Dreamtimer (7th November 2016), Elen (4th November 2016), Gio (4th November 2016), modwiz (4th November 2016), The One (4th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Listening to some inspiration today.....

"I know it's going to turn out and I know what this power and forgiveness and love that they (this seventh generation) have...they gonna win. I know that."
    Dave Swallow, Lakota Spiritual Leader Talks About Impact of Standing Rock

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNwcebnpgIg

From Macon Georgia
    TRIBUTE TO STANDING ROCK: THE FELLAS - THEY CANNOT BREAK YOU (I STAND FOR STANDING ROCK)

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoCxhwaXvzU

Standing Rock Sioux, North Dakota Access Pipeline Protests

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KzDzGxl9UY

John Trudell Take Back the Earth

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2WEVdNQAxE

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th November 2016), Dreamtimer (7th November 2016), Elen (7th November 2016), Gio (9th November 2016), modwiz (7th November 2016), Novusod (7th November 2016), RealityCreation (7th November 2016), sandy (7th November 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Living in Relativity - by Tiokasin Ghosthorse, who is a member of the Cheyenne River Lakota Nation of South Dakota and has a long history with Indigenous activism and advocacy.

Mni is a Lakota word for Water and goes beyond any translatable word in the English language. The fragmenting of Mni into simple English nouns would provide a rough translation and lose most of
    the word’s true meaning and essential idea of “Water as a Being.” So I will attempt to explain Mni in a way that might make some sense in English.

To begin, Mni does not literally mean “Water.” There are several far-reaching concepts based in the language of Lakota cosmology that one needs to know to even begin to understand the respect
    and honor that is given daily to the Mni. The Ni (nee) is “life” and could also mean “mother’s milk” or a “mother’s breast.” This is where the “M” of Mni becomes translatable as “you and me”
    but also becomes a little more understandable if we say Mni is “you and me of that which carries or causes feeling with another through itself.”
    Like a mother who is the carrier of Water, Mni is an action of living. I’m sure other Lakota know deeper meanings of Mni.

The Story of Mni

Water is a First Consciousness bestowed upon Mother Earth. First Consciousness means the awareness of the movement that sustains life in a continuum.
    Lakota people have Mni in their creation story as blue blood (water); thus, Water provides a shining mirror to the universe, its transparency offers a model and a path to creation.
    It produces synergy and becomes “Water as a Being.”

Water is the time and space understood by Mother Earth as she holds the womb of all creation within her: oceans, rivers, lakes, ponds, creeks, streams, rains, floods,
    waves, humidity, wetness, dampness, hurricanes, tornadoes, rainbows, and the teardrops of babies.

“Water as a Being” creates with the sun, moon, stars, winds, earth, fire, and the life of all living beings sentient or that which is thought of as non-sentient.
    The Lakota have always known the connection of Mni and have encoded the living meanings of things seen and unseen by the delicate and fragile human eye.

I like to say, “Water is a cup of the stars. When you put that cup of Water to your mouth and drink, you are drinking a cup of the stars. You see the glimmering lights and reflections of the sun on the waters of the earth.”

Returning to a Place of Prayer and Balance

When you reintroduce a native species to an ecological system there is an ecological waterfall called a “trophic cascade,” the returned species affects all the other species around it;
    life starts at the top and cascades to the bottom, influencing all lives. Indigenous peoples’ return to the land, to a place of prayer and balance where the energy, the coded languages,
    remembers the lands and the lands remember the languages spoken to it—this is the First Consciousness being nourished.

One of the First Consciousness is Water, Mni. Native species change the courses of the behavior of the waters—the rains and storms that bring the waters and the snow, drizzle,
    mists, and fog. The buffalo also did this. They stampeded the wild prairies of the Great Plains in Central North America and encouraged the vast aquifers such as the Oglala Aquifer,
    an underground sea of life, a sea of Mni. This is the true Mni Wakan of the Grandmother Earth. And, Wakan is “to make something live or make something die.”
    I often describe Wakan as “consciously applying mystery to all things.”

So in recognizing the Native nations of the world, the human species once again returns to the “Original Instructions,” the quantum physical language of Mother Earth that has been
    missing in scientific, political, and religious explanations of life. The current reasoning based on modern-day thinking about water as a resource, rather than a source of life, has arrested
    a spiritual evolvement by simply defining the First Consciousness as a primitive process, which is useless to modern-day civilization and the rationalization of civilization.

One way of changing our perspective is to realize “Water as Life” and acknowledge the peoples of the world who still hold ceremonial respect for the “Being of Water.” The sacred sites
    of Native peoples worldwide have been resilient to any explanation or definition that would condemn this way of thinking as inferior to the religiosities, policies, and experimental sciences—ways
    of thinking that attack, on a daily basis, the knowledge of Original Nations’ adherence to the First Consciousness called Water. In the Lakota meaning of Mni, this is the spiritual relativity, or relationship,
    to the practice of honor and respect as essential to the lives of all things whether they are seen or unseen.

We must realize this important distinction: We are not defending Mother Earth. We are Mother Earth in defense of herself.

Recognizing, Honoring, and Respecting Water

There has to be recognition, honor, and respect given to Water in a way that equates all life’s thinking, feeling, memory, consciousness, and motion with what Water gives and with what Water
    represents to all the cultures of Grandmother Earth. Water is in your breath, on your tongue, fingertips, and water keeps your eyes moving in your sleep. Water dreams with you and retains
    what we humans forget in our busy “timed” lives. Water keeps us humble when we think ourselves too important. Almost every morning nearly everyone has a Water ceremony whether or
    not they are aware of it. This includes all plants, birds, trees, and all life that depend on the life-giving being of Water.

I splash Water on my face and cool the fire in my eyes in the morning. I sprinkle drops over my head and body in recognition and gratitude for giving life to all in
    the past, present, and the potential possibilities; if only we as forgetful humans would remember to be givers-of-care rather than takers-of-care.

I ask permission before I drink water. Water gives me the language and responsibility to carry the message of life. Water is not a noun, but a loving, moving, growing,
    cleansing, and powerful living being. So I drink this cup of stars called Water while thinking, speaking, and wanting all things to live fully, rather than purely exist within the
    lonely world where too many of us have found ourselves—an anthropocentric world that has disconnected us from the Being of Water and caused us to take so much for granted.

http://www.humansandnature.org/living-in-relativity

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th November 2016), Dreamtimer (7th November 2016), Elen (7th November 2016), Gio (9th November 2016), Maggie (7th November 2016), modwiz (7th November 2016), Novusod (7th November 2016), sandy (7th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by RealityCreation View Post
    [I] Living in Relativity - by Tiokasin Ghosthorse.......
    Water is not a noun, but a loving, moving, growing, cleansing, and powerful living being.
    So I drink this cup of stars called Water while thinking, speaking, and wanting all things to live fully,
    rather than purely exist within the lonely world where too many of us have found ourselves—
    Thank you for that article.

"On Nov. 7 the International Indigenous Youth Council tried a new tactic to make their voice heard while avoiding the cycle of violent police response."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK4hOwPRj0s

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th November 2016), Dreamtimer (9th November 2016), Elen (9th November 2016), modwiz (10th November 2016), Novusod (9th November 2016), RealityCreation (10th November 2016), sandy (10th November 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 252 Posts
    Thanks Maggie. I posted it in a hurry as it was dinner time so I posted it without putting it in context of why I was posting it.

I had been thinking of starting a thread "water as consciousness" (still might) but decided this particular post was relevant to this thread also, so decided to put it here first.

I guess this article highlights to me the divide between what is going on at Standing Rock on a deeper and more meaningful level beyond the duality of right/wrong, power/powerlessness etc

I have a deep appreciation & respect for our indigenous people world wide who have held the space & awareness that everything is consciousness whilst waiting for the rest of the world to "awaken" &
    to rediscover & remember their connections to themselves & everything seemingly outside of them.

The video that you posted was a great example of this (to me) ....still a ways to go!

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RealityCreation For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th November 2016), Divine Feminine (10th November 2016), Dreamtimer (10th November 2016), Elen (10th November 2016), modwiz (10th November 2016), Novusod (10th November 2016), sandy (10th November 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Breaking news!

"The State Department has decided that the #KeystoneXL Pipeline would not serve the national interests of the United States."

– President Obama

Read More: http://on.msnbc.com/1Q8HqRP

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th November 2016), Dreamtimer (11th November 2016), enjoy being (10th November 2016), Fred Steeves (10th November 2016), modwiz (10th November 2016), Novusod (11th November 2016), RealityCreation (10th November 2016), sandy (12th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    That's good news. Great news.
    A fantastic gesture from the Nobel prize holder..
    Bush Jr opened a marine reserve when he retired though didn't he?

...and wow at the comments section of your link Elen!

Oh.. hang on, the dates are wrong.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 11th November 2016 at 00:09.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th November 2016), Dreamtimer (11th November 2016), Elen (11th November 2016), modwiz (11th November 2016), RealityCreation (11th November 2016), sandy (12th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Breaking news!

"The State Department has decided that the #KeystoneXL Pipeline would not serve the national interests of the United States."

– President Obama

The Key stone pipeline and DAPL are different things. The key stone pipeline may have been a distraction to trick people into thinking they had won so they wouldn't oppose their real plans with the DAPL.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novusod For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2016), Dreamtimer (11th November 2016), Elen (11th November 2016), enjoy being (11th November 2016), modwiz (11th November 2016), RealityCreation (11th November 2016), sandy (12th November 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 1,137 Posts
    YAHOO!!

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Breaking news!

– President Obama

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th November 2016), Elen (11th November 2016), RealityCreation (11th November 2016)