Page 325 of 445 FirstFirst ... 225275315322323324325326327328335375425 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 6670

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,154 Times in 7,347 Posts

Thinking

Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    For those interested in this stuff ...

UFO LEAK OF THE CENTURY.
    Richard Dolan Analyzes the Admiral Wilson Notes.

Richard Dolan

Rumors of secret special access programs to study retrieved UFO technology have been with us for many years. Now a major leak provides powerful confirmation of that truth and much more. Skeptics will be hard pressed to debunk this. The case for "deep black" UFO-related programs beyond formal government oversight just became much stronger.
    Streamed live 6/8/2019

49:34 minutes

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    wow, but it sounds like a bunch of monkeys standing around a phone booth. But, in reality, what the contractors are doing IS private business...huge business, but private. Any thoughts on that?
    My response ...

Anyone who has ever worked at a supposed U. S. government secret facility (and i have) know that since the end of WW2 - 'contracting' (and sub contracting) has been the model used by the military/corporate industrial complex - in getting around public/government oversight - especially concerning the subject of UFO's and alien lifeforms ...

Note - remember just prior to the 9/11 attack on the U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld (purposely or not) burped out and said in a press conference that he had found a $2.3 trillion gap in funding, 25% of the military’s budget. These funds were never accounted for in the military’s defense budget ... Apparently this un-tracked and unaccountable military funding has been ongoing for many years ... And this appears to have become acceptable during WWII and the Cold War era when secret funding was funneled to projects such as the Manhattan Project ... But apparently when the military chose to use this technology to end World War II, they chose to keep other elements secret and remain private - even out of the jurisdiction of the President.

The speculative word in the Ufology community - is that in Utah’s west desert near Dugway Proving Ground (which is reportedly mostly underground - is the new Area 51), where all if not most of this is now ocurring - where secret UFOs technology is allegedly being developed.

And please also note, i don't expect anyone (including the likes of Richard Dolan) will ever be able to puncture this very suspicious but still very speculative (and evasive) secret program - Especially in ever satisfying the likes of those within the conspiracy forum community.
    Last edited by Gio, 10th June 2019 at 09:55. Reason: editing

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019)

Thanks

Question

Available now on Netflix ...

I AM MOTHER

Official Trailer | Netflix

She'll keep you safe. Watch I AM MOTHER on Netflix June 7, 2019.

A sci-fi thriller about a teenage girl (Clara Rugaard), who is the first of a new generation of humans to be raised by Mother (Rose Byrne), a robot designed to repopulate the earth after the extinction of humankind. But the pair’s unique relationship is threatened when an injured stranger (Hilary Swank) arrives with news that calls into question everything Daughter has been told about the outside world and her Mother’s intentions.

Netflix
    Published on May 9, 2019

2:56 minutes

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019), Kitsune (10th June 2019)

Thanks

Returning Topic

Learning the ropes ...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Available now on Netflix ...

I AM MOTHER

Official Trailer | Netflix

She'll keep you safe. Watch I AM MOTHER on Netflix June 7, 2019.

A sci-fi thriller about a teenage girl (Clara Rugaard), who is the first of a new generation of humans to be raised by Mother (Rose Byrne), a robot designed to repopulate the earth after the extinction of humankind. But the pair’s unique relationship is threatened when an injured stranger (Hilary Swank) arrives with news that calls into question everything Daughter has been told about the outside world and her Mother’s intentions.

Netflix
    Published on May 9, 2019

2:56 minutes

The premise of this movie appears somewhat similar to that of "Oblivion", where things also turn out to be very different from what the survivors are led to believe.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019), Gio (10th June 2019), Kitsune (10th June 2019)

Thanks

Question

Trolling an assumption ...

Equal Rights Amendment: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)

There’s still nothing in our constitution that explicitly prohibits sex discrimination.
    John Oliver talks about how to fix that.

LastWeekTonight
    Published on Jun 9, 2019
    15:39 minutes

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019)

Thanks
    And speaking of trolling human progress ...

Four O' clock (justice time) in 7min 27sec; Twilight Zone

Clockwork Towers
    Published on Jun 9, 2019

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th June 2019)

Thanks
    Amen ...

Medical marijuana gets backing from Church of England, Financial Times says ...

"Even religious bodies are seeing the light when it comes to cannabis. The Church of England will relax a self-imposed ban and consider investments in medical marijuana, the Financial Times reported.

The Church Commissioners for England will still exclude recreational cannabis producers, the FT said, citing Edward Mason, the head of responsible investment at the entity that oversees the church’s 12.6 billion pound (US$16 billion) investment portfolio.

Cannabis is seeing an investment boom as restrictions on its use ease around the world. In the U.S., Illinois recently became the 11th state to legalize recreational marijuana, and pot is now legal in Canada. The market for legal cannabis was worth almost $11 billion globally in 2018, and is expected to reach at least $50 billion by 2029, according to Jefferies Financial Group equity research, the FT reported."

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (10th June 2019), Dreamtimer (10th June 2019), Elen (10th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019)

Thanks

Question

These global slowdown effects are already affecting most U.S. households ...
    And unfortunately the ratcheting up will continue worldwide ...

The Fed chairman, Jerome Powell, was the target of a tirade by Donald Trump this week as
    the President responded to a slowdown in job growth.

A Weakening Economy May Be the Biggest Threat to Donald Trump

By John Cassidy

June 8, 2019

"On Friday morning, the Labor Department released its jobs report for May, which showed a sharp slowdown in hiring. Donald Trump was still in Ireland, preparing to fly back to Washington. He didn’t immediately react to the news that employers created only seventy-five thousand jobs last month, which wasn’t surprising. Trump hates acknowledging negative developments that occur on his watch, and he is surely aware that a slump in the economy could prove disastrous for his reëlection campaign.

Despite all the troubles and strife of his first two and a half years in office, he has been able to point to strong economic growth and a very low unemployment rate as reasons why Americans who aren’t enamored of him personally should support him. If that rationale is removed, what does Trump have left? A weakening economy could well be the biggest political threat he faces.

One month of weak jobs data doesn’t translate into a slump, of course. Despite Friday’s report, which also showed a modest fall in wage growth, most economists think that the economy is still in decent shape. When the National Association for Business Economics surveyed more than fifty economic forecasters recently, the average prediction was that the economy would grow by 2.6 per cent this year and 2.1 per cent in 2020. Such an outcome would represent a slowdown from the 2.9 per cent growth recorded in 2018, but a relatively modest slowdown that is unlikely to present very much of a political threat to Trump. (He’d still have to explain why G.D.P. growth hadn’t reached his target of four per cent, of course.)

However, even before Friday’s employment report, there were worrying signs of softness in other important economic indicators, particularly capital spending by businesses, and also evidence to suggest that this weakness was tied to Trump’s trade wars. As I noted in a column earlier this week about the resignation of Kevin Hassett, the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, business surveys show that Trump’s tariff threats, particularly those directed at China, are creating a lot of uncertainty, which is reflected in businesses taking a cautious approach to spending and hiring.

The Federal Reserve, too, is watching anxiously. “We do not know how or when these issues will be resolved,” its chairman, Jerome Powell, noted in a speech on Tuesday. Powell added that the Fed was “closely monitoring the implications of these developments for the U.S. economic outlook and, as always, we will act as appropriate to sustain the expansion”—a statement which Wall Street took to mean that a cut in interest rates is now a live possibility.

To some people, particularly political foes of Trump, Powell’s statement made it look as if the Fed might be preparing to bail out an irresponsible President. But Powell appears to have been responding primarily to developments in the bond market, where yields on long-term government securities have fallen precipitously in recent weeks—an indication that investors think the economy is considerably weaker than it looks. Although the Fed relies on a wide range of data in setting interest rates, the signal from the market is “something I definitely take into account,” John Williams, the president of the New York Fed and a close ally of Powell, said at the Council on Foreign Relations on Thursday.

In any case, Powell’s verbal intervention didn’t win him plaudits from Trump, who for months has been tearing into him and his colleagues for raising interest rates too aggressively last year. During an interview with Fox News’s Laura Ingraham, in Normandy, France, on Thursday, Trump again targeted Powell, saying, “Who thought he was going to raise interest rates? If we didn’t have that, we’d be at 5.2”—per cent G.D.P. growth—“and the stock market would be up ten thousand points more.”

Trump plucked those figures out of nowhere, of course, and they are completely unrealistic. The U.S. economy hasn’t grown at an annual rate of five per cent for thirty-five years, and even if the Fed had stood pat in the second half of last year, when it raised rates twice, the rate of growth now wouldn’t be anywhere near that figure. It’s equally ridiculous to suggest that, but for Powell and his colleagues, the Dow could be standing at thirty-five thousand.

In fact, the main thing that investors have been fretting about isn’t higher interest rates: it’s the trade war that Trump himself has created. Much as the President would like to shift the blame, the timing of recent movements in the stock market is unambiguous. At the end of April, the S. & P. 500 stock index hit an all-time high. In May, Trump threatened to impose broader tariffs on China and Mexico, and the Dow fell more than six per cent on the month. It was only after Powell signalled that the Fed may step in to support the economy that stocks rebounded.

Trump won’t let reality interfere with his messaging, of course. Having already singled out Powell as his whipping boy for anything that goes wrong in the economy, he is sure to escalate his attacks on the Fed if signs of weakness in the labor market and elsewhere persist. That leaves Powell in a public-relations bind. If the Fed doesn’t move rapidly to cut rates, Trump will assail him. If the Fed does act quickly to try to prolong the economic expansion, it will be accused of caving in to a bully in the Oval Office.

For now, the central bank seems likely to keep rates on hold, to give it time for further assessment. The next meeting of the Fed’s policymaking committee will be held on June 18th and 19th. That’s about a week before Trump is due to meet Xi Jinping, the Chinese President, at a G-20 summit in Japan. The Fed, with its eye on trade tensions, seems unlikely to make any big changes before it sees whether that sitdown prompts Trump to abandon (or postpone, at least) his threat to expand greatly his existing tariffs on Chinese goods. Earlier this week, he said he’d reach a decision after the meeting.

With the 2020 election seventeen months away, Trump now has a key decision to make: How far is he willing to push his trade wars even as the economy and financial markets are starting to emit some distress signals?"

Source: newyorker.com

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    #Today's Meme ...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (11th June 2019), Dreamtimer (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019), Kitsune (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    They mentioned 'very slow progress'...well what the heck is the holdup? I did forget about the military funding aspect of it...I wonder how much is government and how much is private funding.

My response ...

And please also note, i don't expect anyone (including the likes of Richard Dolan) will ever be able to puncture this very suspicious but still very speculative (and evasive) secret program - Especially in ever satisfying the likes of those within the conspiracy forum community.
    yeah, I'm with you...coincidentally I have a new found 1st cousin that is a program manager in Utah...I'll double check but I'm not sure if it is THAT area or not. But it is definitely space military oriented.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (11th June 2019), Dreamtimer (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Gio (11th June 2019)

Thanks
    #Today's Meme ...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019), Gio (11th June 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts

John Waters said, "The best thing about dying is not having to poop anymore."

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (11th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019), Gio (11th June 2019), Kitsune (13th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

John Waters said, "The best thing about dying is not having to poop anymore."

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (12th June 2019), Elen (11th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019), Gio (11th June 2019)

Thanks

Thumbs Up

Will share this here ...

Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Hi guys,

I thought to make a thread about a fundraiser for my dog's medical bills. Last friday things got to the point with my dog's peeing problems that I had to take him to the vet because he was in so much pain and couldn't pee well anymore. The vet told me that he would have to be operated for difficult bladder stones or otherwise he would need to be put down. I took him the same night to a private animal hospital where he was operated and the good thing is that he is fine now and recovering fast! That day was just a really stressful one for me and actually the whole week was, imagine if you're being told if you'd like to have your best friend saved or not while seeing him suffer.

The medical costs were quite high and we don't have insurance for him anymore, the company where I had the insurance for him stopped giving it after he turned seven years old, so basically it was seven years of paying for just for nothing, because my dog never really had any big medical issues. Never had to take him to hospital before besides for standard medical checks. Also my income with my partner is low at the moment and we don't have savings for issues like this.

Normally I don't like to ask for help, let alone for money as I dislike the feeling of owing anything to anyone, but this time it's a bit different thing since it's about my best buddy Paavo who's been with me for the last ten years ever since he was puppy. I actually got him almost exactly 10 years ago in June 2009. I could tell how much he has changed my life for the better as any dog or pet lover surely would know and understand, I owe him a lot.

I might feel compelled to take this thread down later, but if you feel like donating then you can do that here:
    https://www.gofundme.com/paavo039s-surgery

Even just caring thoughts are enough, thanks already.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (12th June 2019), Elen (12th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th June 2019), Kitsune (13th June 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

Inside China's ghost cities | 60 Minutes Australia

A little update on the ghost-cities of China. It seems like Australia, at least, is benefiting from the building-rush.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th June 2019), Aragorn (12th June 2019), Dreamtimer (12th June 2019), Gio (12th June 2019), Kitsune (13th June 2019)