Page 378 of 445 FirstFirst ... 278328368375376377378379380381388428 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 6669

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking

Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Will share this here ...

Some personal advice - stay physically away from this place ...
    Otherwise listen away and enjoy the show folks ...

Skinwalker Ranch Secrets: Richard Dolan Interviews Travis Taylor.

Considered by many to be the weirdest place on Earth, the Skinwalker Ranch in Utah has a long history of bizarre events. Anything from UFOs, to cattle mutilations, to strange creature sightings, to poltergeists and more. The ranch was studied in detail during the 1990s and early 2000s by Robert Bigelow's National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS). Since 2016, the ranch has been owned by real estate developer Brandon Fugal, who has supported ongoing scientific research at the property. Currently, the History Channel has a new show on all this, "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch," which features Travis Taylor, Ph.D. Richard interviews Travis to find out what the new scientific investigation has uncovered.

Streamed live 3/31/2020

45:20 minutes

Note the first episode is on tonite 3/31/2020

Note, there is much to the "hitch-hiker" phenomena upon visiting this ranch location.
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I hate to do this to you, Gio...but I just realized my 'rocket scientist' cousin lives about 135 miles from Skinwalker ranch...Might be worth a look see...

Have you ever been there?
    All said you need to watch the series NAP ...

Then perhaps you might get a cue of whats
    blowing the minds of these researchers ...

And no i would not even consider going there.
    I have skyped with several individuals who
    have and they haven't been the same since.

Also there is a member of this forum who has
    personally paid a near death price for working
    with researchers on this paranormal portal to hell.

Again watch the series for detailed information,
    But do realize there's lethal security on that property
    If you or cousin have the balls to go and experience.

Enough said.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (2nd April 2020), Dreamtimer (1st April 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2020)

Thanks

Returning Topic

And speaking of being lethal ...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (2nd April 2020), Dreamtimer (1st April 2020), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2020)

Thanks

Returning Topic

The latest ...

Globalist Conferences Cancelled Over Corona Crisis -
    #NewWorldNextWeek

Welcome to the 403rd episode of New World Next Week — the video series from Corbett Report and Media Monarchy that covers some of the most important developments in open source intelligence news. This week:

Story #1: Pakistan, China and Russia Decide to Conduct Trade in Local Currencies Skip Dollars
    https://bit.ly/39CFdu2

Russia, China Plot Against US Dollar And Pound
    https://bit.ly/2UPJZPE

Story #2: Trump Warns “Heavy Price’ If Iran Attacks U.S. In Iraq
    https://on.mktw.net/2JJdYnr

Trump Threatens Heavy Price If Iran Conducts ‘Sneak Attack' on US Troops
    http://archive.vn/r3QHY

Story #3: COP26 Postponed
    https://bit.ly/3bNzy69

Bilderberg 2020 CANCELLED Due To Coronavirus?
    https://bit.ly/2Jz2D97

Bilderberg/2020
    https://bit.ly/2X1htx3

The YouTube Corona Virus Task Force Roundtable Discussion
    https://bit.ly/2QZPxWE

#MorningMonarchy: April 1, 2020
    https://bit.ly/3bIeL3H

Doctors Hoarding Unproven Coronavirus Meds (Chloroquine), Writing Prescriptions for Themselves and Their Families
    https://bit.ly/2UBTva0

Tabletop Drill of Virus Response Aided South Korea When The Real Thing Hit
    https://bit.ly/34abxne

'Immunity Passports' For ‘Key Workers’ Could Speed Up UK’s Return to Work
    https://bit.ly/341tcNC

2001 “Dark Winter” Bioterror Simulation Videos
    https://bit.ly/2Ju6Vi8

Media Monarchy’s Discord Chat/Stream
    https://discord.io/mediamonarchy
    Apr 2, 2020

20:24 minutes

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (2nd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2020)

Thanks

Lightbulb

Gonna keep on tryin'
    Till I reach my highest ground

I would like to believe in reincarnation. I would like to believe that there is another life. I think that sometimes your consciousness can happen on this earth a second time around. For me, I wrote "Higher Ground" even before the accident. But something must have been telling me that something was going to happen to make me aware of a lot of things and to get myself together. This is like my second chance for life, to do something or to do more, and to value the fact that I am alive ...

Stevie Wonder

Higher Ground | Playing For Change | Song Around the World

4:53 minutes

Last edited by Gio, 2nd April 2020 at 12:07.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (2nd April 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2020)

Thanks

Returning Topic

Seeing it like never before ...

HOLLYWOOD Blvd CLOSED During The Historic LOCK-DOWN

Jordan The Lion Travel Vlog (4/3/20)

Apr 3, 2020

19:12 minutes

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (3rd April 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2020)

Thanks

Question

And speaking of Hollywood ...

“We’re in the part of the movie that’s usually a montage.”

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (3rd April 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2020)

Thanks

Lightbulb

Very timely discussion ...

Mysterious Universe Podcast - Scott Carney
    "The Wedge: Evolution, Consciousness,
    Stress and the Key to Human Resilience"

"Thrive or die: That’s the rule of evolution. Despite this brutal logic, some species have learned to survive in even the most hostile conditions while others haven't and vanished. So what makes the difference? On this show we discuss that with journalist Scott Carney who returns to MU to tell us about his discovery of how humans can wedge control over our automatic physiological responses and make us reclaim our evolutionary destiny" ... Read more here

Full Show Notes:
    https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/...02-mu-podcast/

Apr 3, 2020

1:21:16 minutes

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (3rd April 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thank you for posting the Playing for Change videos, Gio. My husband recently discovered them and was telling me all about them. I was glad to know I had already encountered them, thanks to you.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 3rd April 2020 at 17:09.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (4th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2020), Gio (3rd April 2020)

Thanks

Question

For those interested ...

At this time for those who are unable to watch "The Secrets of the Skinwalker Ranch" on U.S. Cable TV... Here's a most recent "Ancient Aliens" (March 28) which gives an accurate summary of this mysterious property ...

Watch here on dailymotion.com

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (4th April 2020), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm watching the first episode now on the History channel. Interesting so far.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (5th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2020), Gio (4th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I just configured my pirate ware to watch it this evening...b.t.w. consider this as an encrypted post...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (5th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Gio (4th April 2020)

Thanks

Thinking

You don't say ...

The Reason You’re Exhausted Is ‘Moral Fatigue’

Every small decision feels like it carries the weight of life and
    death — and it’s starting to take a toll

By Elizabeth Yuko

March 27, 2020

The decision-making that comes with social distancing is taking a toll on our mental health.

A few short weeks ago — in what now feels like a different lifetime — most of us went about our days making a series of low-impact decisions and not thinking twice about them. Bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwich from the cart outside the office for breakfast? Don’t mind if I do. A quick road trip to see your grandma upstate? She’ll be so happy to see us! Getting together with friends for a basketball game in the park or a few drinks in a bar? Why the hell not?

And then came the coronavirus. It took a while — and many confusing, unhelpful press conferences — before people really started to understand the magnitude of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, the disease it causes. But now, most of us (hopefully) are more familiar with the concept of public health, and having to assess our own actions in terms of how they could impact the rest of the population. We’re faced with a lot of the same decisions from our pre-corona lives — except now, even the most mundane activities have turned into moral dilemmas. Whether it’s trying to decide if you should visit a sick family member, order delivery, take public transit, or take a trip to the grocery store, we now have to think through the potential implications of many of our totally normal, everyday actions and decisions in a way we never had to before, because of how they could affect others. This is called “moral fatigue,” and it’s exhausting.

As a culture that was all but burned out
    before the coronavirus pandemic hit, the past few weeks of seismic societal shifts have made us readjust in ways most of us never imagined. For many of us, our home is now our office (if we’re fortunate enough to still have a job) and doubles as a classroom for those with kids. Others are still forced to go out to work every day in strange, unrecognizable cities. And as of right now, we don’t have a clear end point to this new way of life, nor any sort of roadmap for navigating a situation like this.

When local and state governments first started enacting social distancing (though the World Health Organization is now transitioning to the term “physical distancing” to emphasize that we don’t have to give up social connections) policies, there was a clear adjustment period. As Americans, we’re not used to limiting our personal autonomy to help the greater good. This meant it was hard to convince people that even if they’re not in a high-risk group or worried about getting sick themselves, they should stay away from other people, in order to not spread coronavirus to more vulnerable groups. As the death toll rises, and reports of increasing numbers of younger people being hospitalized surface, we’re finally starting to understand how serious this pandemic is, and the impact each one of us can have on the outcomes — whether or not we realize it.

In most of our everyday lives, this comes into play when we’re making what used to be routine decisions. Let’s take the example of going to the grocery store. A few weeks ago, you probably would have made the trip without a second thought. But it’s no longer that simple. If you leave your home to go to the supermarket — a public place where everyone is touching everything from food to carts to money — it could put you in contact with the virus if someone coughs or sneezes near you or on something you touch. Of course, there’s the concern over whether you’ll get infected, but beyond that, we now have to consider whether we could then unknowingly pass the virus on to someone else at the store, on the bus, or in our own homes, and then whether that person will pass it along to others, and so on, and so on.

“We are now, in many ways, thinking about things that we wouldn’t have previously reflected on,” Dr. Michael Baur, associate professor of philosophy at Fordham University, who specializes in natural law and moral philosophy, tells Rolling Stone. “The chain of causality has always been there, but now it has become important for us to be more reflective about the multiple layers of complex causality and the real scope of our decision-making.”

As much as we’d like to believe that we’re all lone wolves who can fend for ourselves and prioritize our own best interests, in reality, that’s never how it worked. “It’s a fiction to think that we’re not already deeply connected to one another — we always have been,” Baur explains. “It’s just that the consequences now have been ratcheted up in a different way. And because of that, even our most simple actions and decisions can now have moral consequences that impact someone else’s life and health very significantly.”

And that is where moral fatigue comes in. Now that many routine aspects of our lives involve high-stakes decision-making, it’s a lot for our brains to process. According to Baur, this is because we usually allow ourselves to be lazy and oblivious to our interdependence, taking it for granted. “We’re now forced to be aware of it,” he says. “Now, small types of interaction can have severe consequences. It requires an added level of mental effort, carefulness and reflectiveness.”

Unsurprisingly, moral fatigue has taken a toll
    on our mental health. But of course, we’re not texting our friends and therapists about how exhausting it is to have to carefully consider so many different options before making a decision — moral fatigue is sneaky. It’s something that many now experience without recognizing the added mental burden.

“Routine activities now require critical thinking, and it’s leaving my patients feeling not only exhausted, but on edge,” Dr. Dion Metzger, a psychiatrist practicing in Atlanta, Georgia tells Rolling Stone. “It has actually led to people isolating even more than the quarantine requires. Instead of deciding to go through the drive-through or order in delivery for lunch, they choose to just eat what’s in the pantry.”

Similarly, Dr. Adam L. Fried, a professor of psychology at Midwestern University and a clinical psychologist with a private practice, has noticed that the overall stress of the coronavirus outbreak has taken a toll on many of his patients — on top of having to deal with moral fatigue. “For many, there seems to be more at stake in terms of these everyday decisions, both for ourselves, our loved ones and others around us,” he tells Rolling Stone. “Many of us aren’t accustomed to having to consider severe possible consequences resulting from normally mundane errands and tasks.”

Of course, the moral fatigue is taxing in itself, but we also have to keep in mind that making any type of difficult or ethically complex decision is stressful, even under the best circumstances. In other words, it’s not only the frequency at which we’re now making tough choices — the decision-making process itself can be mentally and emotionally exhausting when there is not a clear choice. “We know from research with professionals, such as health care workers, that having to make difficult ethical decisions, in which there may not be a clear ‘right answer,’ can be highly stressful and take an emotional toll on people,” Fried explains. “These can include feeling emotionally exhausted, increased feelings of self-doubt and burnout.”

Making these types of decisions feels like a “no win” situation: No matter what you decide, there will be positive and negative consequences. “The struggle to come up with the best answer, knowing that there may be no 100-percent ‘correct’ one, can leave many feeling frustrated and exhausted,” Fried says. “This is coupled with the anxiety associated with not knowing if things will worsen and not knowing when this situation will end.”

Until some sort of end is in sight, there are ways to help cope with moral fatigue and the stress of these higher-stakes decisions. First, Fried says that he encourages patients to recognize and acknowledge that we are in a truly unprecedented situation and that these decisions are tough. “Talking with supportive friends and family can be really helpful in terms of processing feelings, normalizing fears and doubts and talking through decision-making,” he adds. Metzger advises her patients not to overwhelm themselves with too many decisions at once. “Break it up into one day at a time,” she says. “Anxiety has a way of making everything feel urgent.”

And as exhausting as moral fatigue can be, we’re experiencing it because we’re taking the time to reflect more on how our decisions and actions may affect other people. Of course, situations like the one we’re in now can also have the opposite effect, Baur says, causing people to become more selfish and self-protective (we’re looking at you, toilet paper hoarders). But for now, it can help to focus on the potential good that can come from this shift in public mindset. “This is a sort of wake up call for all of us,” Baur says. “The added strain and effort, on the one hand, is unpleasant, and our lives are more complicated. But on the other hand, it’s potentially a very good thing, because the alternative is to live the usual oblivious life where we don’t recognize our interdependence.”

Source/reference: rollingstone.com

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (5th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th April 2020)

Thanks

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th April 2020), Aragorn (6th April 2020), Dreamtimer (6th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (6th April 2020)

Thanks

Question

In case your wondering what it's currently like ...

Adam is traveling back to his LA base after his latest three week cross country travel volg RV trip then spending the last weeks in quarantine with his family in Central Fla. ...

Adam The Woo ...

My Flight Experience From Orlando To LAX -
    Empty Airports & Having Almost Entire Airplane To Myself

Apr 7, 2020

18:56 minutes

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2020), Dreamtimer (7th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (7th April 2020), Fred Steeves (8th April 2020)

Thanks
    Check it out ...

Pilot Takes Amazing Images Of Area 51 And Tonopah Air Base
    While Skirting Restricted Airspace ...

A private pilot had one heck of an adventure through the Nevada Test and Training Range, getting very rare looks at the shadowy installations ...
    Go here

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th April 2020), Dreamtimer (8th April 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th April 2020), Fred Steeves (8th April 2020)