Page 320 of 445 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320321322323330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 6669

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Returning Topic

Always check previous pages for missed posted items ...

Gobble Gobble ...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st May 2019), Aragorn (21st May 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2019), Elen (22nd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st May 2019), Kitsune (22nd May 2019)

Thanks

Question

Good Thing ...................

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeMaP8EPAA

"So, it's time for a ghost story. Or two. Hope you enjoy --

THE HOUSE ON CIELO DRIVE – A GHOST STORY

Do I believe in ghosts? Well, if you're talking about spiritual manifestations in the physical world that remain after the body is dead and buried, the answer is yes.

In the 1990s, we were living in Maui but the bi-weekly commute to the east coast to do gigs was time-consuming and expensive, so my wife Deb and I decided on a second residence. We found a grand old (circa 1830) Federal in upstate New York.

The house had a great deal of character, and we soon found out that at least one of the earlier householders was still in residence, so to speak. On many occasions when we were in the dining room or kitchen, we would hear what sounded like footsteps coming from above us on the second story. I'd fling open the door to the second story servants' quarters and dash up the steep, winding staircase, but as soon as I got to the top landing, the sounds would cease.

Several times I saw the legs – just the legs – of a woman dressed in heavy skirts moving swiftly ahead of me up the stairs. This was quite a shock the first time I observed her, and Deb and I soon came to the realization that our new old house might be haunted, but the spirit or whatever was benign and seemed to pose no threat. And after we assured a electrician working on our renovation who had also seen her that she was friendly, we all peacefully co-existed with our “guest” until we sold the place several years later.

This experience was in stark contrast to the first haunted house where I lived for two years, in 1966 and 1967, at 10050 Cielo Drive. Yes, the place that would soon be known as the infamous "Manson Murder House."

Terry Melcher was a staff producer at CBS Records in Hollywood. His mother, Doris Day, had been a staple at CBS for years, but the new era of rock and roll was exploding and Paul Revere and the Raiders was signed to the label as its first rock act. It seemed natural that Terry, as the youngest producer and the same age as me, should be assigned to produce my group.

Terry and I soon became friends, and he told me he had just leased a house in Benedict Canyon. When he asked if I wanted to move in, share the rent, and write songs together, I jumped at the chance.

The house had a million dollar view, a pool, and peaceful, well-sculpted grounds with a rose garden. The interior at first seemed ideal. There was plenty of room with a master and guest bedroom, as well as a spacious living room with a grand piano and a loft. Across a small entry hall was the kitchen, dining room, and a maid's quarters.

But a couple of weeks after I moved in, I began to sense two areas in this idyllic setting that seemed, well, not quite right. The two bedrooms were in the back of the house and although there was a door from the master to the pool, I always took the long way to the pool, out the front door and around to the back.

The master bedroom just felt "wrong" to me somehow. Although it was much larger than my room, it always seemed cold and a little creepy. I know Terry had a hard time feeling comfortable in his room, and took sleeping pills nightly.

The other area in the house that felt weird to me was the entry hall. It always seemed several degrees colder than the main part of the house, even in the summer's heat, and no one ever lingered there.
    A month or so after moving in, I learned that there was perhaps a reason for my odd feelings. Rudy Altobelli owned the property and lived in the guest house that was slightly down the hill. He dropped by one afternoon to visit with Terry and me.

After we'd had a glass or two of wine, Rudy asked if we were superstitious, and we both responded, "No." And then he proceeded to tell us the history of the house. It seemed that several Hollywood luminaries had lived there over the years, but the story of some of the early residents really got our attention.

Rudy said that one of the first couples to occupy the house had been newlyweds, and on their wedding night the bride somehow learned that the groom had cheated on her in the recent past. Supposedly after the marriage was consummated and he was asleep, the new lady of the house took a large knife from the kitchen and stabbed him to death in bed. She then put a bullet in her brain using the small "lady's pistol" that he had given her for protection as one of her wedding gifts.

Rudy told us the whole affair had been hushed up and was never talked about because it would reflect negatively on the real estate value. He said that although the femme fatale's spirit still lingered, she probably wouldn't bother two guys -- although he warned that she didn't seem to tolerate beautiful women very well. "As long as you don't let your girlfriends stay over too long, you should be okay," he warned. And then he went back to his residence, leaving us to ponder.

Over the next few months, I began to believe that Rudy was telling the truth, and that the bride was not only still with us, but quite angry, because strange things began to happen.

Except for the odd feeling in Terry's bedroom and the unexplained temperature drop in the front entry, the house seemed fairly neutral most of the time. However, unless we were writing at the piano or listening to music (which we played at ear-splitting levels), Terry and I felt most comfortable hanging out in the rose garden, which was on the opposite side of the house from the master bedroom.

More and more often, I noticed that Terry was taking downers, Valium and Tuinals, during the day and not just to sleep. The 44 magnum I usually kept in a suitcase in my closet, I now slept with under my pillow. I couldn't put my finger on it, but in the back of my mind I felt like I might need protection.

When I had moved into the house, I brought my studio sound system, including Mcintosh amps and JBL monitor speakers, which I installed in the loft. I also brought my telescope, mounted on a tripod, which we placed in the front entryway. The idea was that if we opened one of the front Dutch doors, we could then use the telescope to check out the view of Beverly Hills and the Pacific Ocean in the distance. I think we did this once, and then the scope just became a fixture in the entrance.

One day, about a month after I'd moved in, Terry and I were both seated on the piano bench, working on a tune. We were kicking some lyrics around when, all of a sudden, there was a loud crash from the vicinity of the front door. We both jumped up and found that the telescope had been knocked over.

The tripod was still open and locked in place, no one else was in the house, we had no pets at the time, and the door was shut tight. We talked about it and agreed there was no way it could have fallen over by itself, but somehow it had!

A few weeks later, when I was sound asleep, the stereo system came on at full volume in the middle of the night. I jumped out of bed and ran into the living room to tell Terry to turn it down, but no one was in the room. I shut it off and went to bed.

The next morning, Terry was upset. It seemed he had picked up one of the go-go girls at The Whiskey, and was at a "critical point in the relationship" when the stereo suddenly started blasting at full volume. I told him I thought he had turned it on, but he vehemently denied it, so we were left with another mystery.

This "stereo in the night thing" happened at least two other times that I remember, and since I was on tour about half the time, I might have missed more of the unwelcome events.

One hot summer day at the end of a series of tour dates, I returned to the house when there was a meeting going on in the living room. Dennis Wilson of the Beach Boys was there, and he, Terry, and a prominent attorney were discussing some kind of deal.

So as not to interrupt, I went into the kitchen to get a cold drink. There was a guy I didn't recognize squatting on the slate floor, leaning against the refrigerator. He was dressed in a blue work shirt and jeans and did not seem too happy.

I tried to open the refrigerator door but the guy wouldn't budge. "Excuse me," I said, but he totally ignored me. I tried again. “Sorry, man, but I'm trying to get in the frig!” He didn't move or even look at me. I walked into the living room and asked, "What's with the weird guy in the kitchen?"

Dennis said, "Oh, that's just Charlie...he's okay." But he didn't seem very "okay" to me at the time.

This of course turned out to be Charlie Manson, and he was at the house on at least one other occasion. When I was driving up to the house a couple of weeks later, he was just getting into a limo, which then left. Charlie didn't look like the kind of guy who could or would hire a limousine, so I figured Terry or Dennis must have sent one for him.

When I walked into the house, the vibes were not good, so I figured that particular meeting must not have gone well. Supposedly, Manson was at least at one other meeting at Cielo, but these are the only two times I saw him there. As I came and went from my trips, I would never know who I might encounter when I returned. I met Hendrix there, Mama Cass, John and Michelle, and a lot of "folkies" and blues musicians.

On one return trip, I walked into the house to discover Terry and Candice Bergen making out on the couch like a couple of teenagers. As time went on, I would find Candy there more and more often. It became obvious that this was becoming somewhat serious and I began to feel like the odd man out in my own house.

The lease was up for renewal in a couple of months, so I told Terry that I would feel more comfortable renting my own place, leaving Candy free to move in. In retrospect, this might not have been such a great idea for their relationship. As soon as I moved out and Miss Bergen moved in, she and Terry began having more and more disagreements and fights, which ultimately culminated in Candy moving out.

This left Terry alone in the house, which I don't think he liked very much. Shortly thereafter he sublet the property to Roman Polanski, and moved to his mom's beach house in Malibu.

Did the spirit who Rudy had said didn't like pretty women stir up the tension to evict Candy?

And did that same spirit inspire Susan Atkins or Tex Watson to take a large knife from the kitchen and brutally stab Sharon Tate?

I guess we'll never know for sure, but I can testify to the fact that strange, unexplained events occurred when I was living there. And at it times, I did sense an undeniable foreboding and a feeling of pervasive darkness emanating from the house at 10050 Cielo Drive."

Mark Lindsey

The window to the dining room where Charles "Tex" Watson cut the screen
    and entered at the house on Cielo Drive.

Last edited by Gio, 22nd May 2019 at 07:21.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2019), Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2019), Elen (22nd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2019)

Thanks
    Kicks

Paul Revere & The Raiders

featuring Mark Lindsey

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2019), Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2019), Elen (22nd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

Oh yeah their getting there ...

From back in March ...

SK Telecom Uses AR to Bring Fire-Breathing Dragon to Baseball Park

On the Opening Day of the 2019 KBO season on Saturday, March 23, SK Telecom brought a mythical dragon-like animal wyvern to the 5G-equipped SK Happy Dream Park, home to SK Wyverns. The large fire-breathing wyvern flying around the park was streamed live though sports broadcasting channels for baseball fans.

To realize the amazing augmented reality(AR) performance, SK Telecom has applied its self-developed AR/VR technologies such as 'eSpace,' a hyperspace platform that can replicate the real world into a virtual space, and 'T real Platform,' where AR contents can be freely/easily created and shared.

Since launching the world's first 5G network on December 1, 2018, No.1 Korean mobile operator SK Telecom has been actively developing diverse 5G services including AR and VR to take customer experience to the next level.

SK telecom
    Published on Mar 25, 2019
    2:00 minutes

Last edited by Gio, 22nd May 2019 at 21:18.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2019), Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd May 2019), Elen (23rd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2019), Kitsune (22nd May 2019)

Thanks
    "I use to be a werewolf but I'm over it"

The rainforest hermit who stepped out of the wild | Australian Story

Beetles, worms and lizards — Gregory Smith ate just about anything to stay alive in the forest.

From a homeless hermit to a university lecturer, he's proven you can overcome anything in
    your search for a safe place. He shares his story with Australian Story.

ABC News (Australia)
    Published on Sep 3, 2018
    29:20 minutes

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2019), Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd May 2019), Elen (23rd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2019), Kitsune (23rd May 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd May 2019), Aragorn (23rd May 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2019), Gio (23rd May 2019)

Thanks

Question

A classic ...

Little Girl Lost (where'd she go?)

in 6min 42sec; Twilight Zone

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2019), Aragorn (23rd May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (24th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2019)

Thanks
    Having to ruff it with the Marquis de Sade ...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2019), Aragorn (24th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (24th May 2019)

Thanks

Thumbs Up

Something special ...

Roy Orbison - It's Over

from Black and White Night

'Roy Orbison and this all-star cast of friends (Bruce Springsteen, k.d. lang, Elvis Costello and more)
    perform Roy's "It's Over," recorded for the Monument Records label' ...

3:06 minutes

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9JArvEJ64M

A bonus for his fans ...

#1020 ROY ORBISON's Hometown & Museum - Wink, TX.
    Jordan The Lion Daily Travel Vlog (5/23/19)

25:13 minutes

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th May 2019), Aragorn (24th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (24th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2019), modwiz (24th May 2019)

Thanks

LOL

And speaking of Texan's ...

Finding Rick Perry: The Missing Secretary Of Energy

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
    Published on May 24, 2019

7:47 minutes

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (24th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (25th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (24th May 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

That time again ...
    Should be interesting ...

Flashback Friday - Ep28 - European Elections

Red Ice TV
    Streamed live 24/5/2019

Henrik and Lana discuss the latest news and important stories from the week...
    Our main topic is the European Elections ...

* European Elections, UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Poland
    * Austria's Freedom Party Collapse After Sting Operation by German Communists From Media
    * Who Is Doing The Election Meddling?
    * Assange Faces 17 New Charges in US
    * American Taliban Released From Prison
    * African rapper makes video “fuck France, burn France” while
    strangling White woman
    * Women Fall To Their Death Taking Selfies
    * Gen Z and the "Swastika Pose"
    and more
    Note show starts at 6:30 minute mark

2:17:09 minutes

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (25th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019)

Thanks

Thumbs Up

RollingStone

May 24, 2019 1:43PM ET

Below Jakob Dylan performing ...
    w/ Stephen Stills and More Gather to Celebrate Laurel Canyon’s ‘Echo’

Roger McGuinn, Ringo Starr, Cat Power and others also turned up for premiere
    of new doc on L.A.’s mid-Sixties folk-rock revolution ... Story here
    Echo In The Canyon (2019) Official Trailer

Descriptive:

"Echo In The Canyon celebrates the explosion of popular music that came out of LA's Laurel Canyon in the mid-60s as folk went electric and The Byrds, The Beach Boys, e:Buffalo Springfield and The Mamas and the Papas gave birth to the California Sound. It was a moment (1965 to 1967) when bands came to LA to emulate The Beatles and Laurel Canyon emerged as a hotbed of creativity and collaboration for a new generation of musicians who would soon put an indelible stamp on the history of American popular music. Featuring Jakob Dylan, the film explores the beginnings of the Laurel Canyon music scene. Dylan uncovers never-before-heard personal details behind the bands and their songs and how that music continues to inspire today. Echo in the Canyon contains candid conversations and performances with Brian Wilson, Ringo Starr, Michelle Phillips, Eric Clapton, Stephen Stills, David Crosby, Graham Nash, Roger McGuinn and Jackson Browne as well as contemporary musicians they influenced such as Tom Petty (in his very last film interview), Beck, Fiona Apple, Cat Power, Regina Spektor and Norah Jones" ...

2:49 minutes

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (25th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019)

Thanks

Question

Speaking of showbiz folk ...

"Can we all just get along?"

Public Service Broadcast: Alt-media Circus w/ Thomas Williams Randy Maugans

OffPlanet Media

Thomas Williams and Randy Maugans take on the hijacking of the alternative media by clowns, criminals and agency stooges: The Corey Goode/David Wilcock/GaiaTV axis; Jay Weidner's mea culpa, the persecution of Kevin Annett, the Aviary Group of MJ12; Contact In the Desert, the time loops of failed Project Looking Glass and CERN; Jirka Rasavy, CEO of Gaia TV, Lucifer, and Drunvalo Melchezedek; Linda Moulton Howe, Dark Journalist, and the echo chamber....more
    Premiered 2 hours ago

5/25/19

Last edited by Gio, 26th May 2019 at 02:29.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2019), Aragorn (26th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2019)

Thanks

Returning Topic

His latest ...

One Day In Panama City | The Capital Of Panama

Gabriel Traveler
    Published on May 26, 2019

Exploring the historic Old Town of Panama City, the capital of Panama.

Here's Part 1 in which we visited the Panama Canal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QnBj_8qahg

21:35 minutes

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th May 2019), Aragorn (26th May 2019), Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (27th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    A short excerpt ─ only about 11 minutes ─ of an interview Abby Martin did of Richard Wolff. This particular passage is about Jordan Peterson's use of the term "cultural Marxism".

Also posted here on Chaos and the Anti-Thread.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th May 2019), Elen (28th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (28th May 2019), Gio (28th May 2019)