Page 345 of 447 FirstFirst ... 245295335342343344345346347348355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6695

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,364 Times in 7,421 Posts

Question

#The latest ...

Hey did you hear the news ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019)

Thanks

Wink

Speaking of tying a knot ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019)

Thanks

Question

Spirit Plants (What is a Spirit Plant and How To Find Your Spirit Plant)

Teal Swan

"Spirit Plants, Totem Plants and Shadow Plants are something that all people have. By discovering and connecting with your Spirit Plant you can gain awareness about yourself and the special "medicine" that you came to the world to share. By connecting with your Totem Plant you can gain help for your journey here, and by connecting with your shadow plant, you can gain awareness of what you have suppressed."
    Published on Aug 10, 2019

12:53 minutes

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Lightbulb

Will bump this one ...
    Lots of goodies here ...

Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    hmm ...

Mysterious Universe Podcast

"Since the early 1960s groundbreaking research has been made into the claims of children recalling past lives. After decades of research, Dr. James Matlock believes he has come up with a data based theory to explain reincarnation and its associated phenomena. From "soul hijackings" to unwanted spirit guests, nothing is taboo on this episode of Mysterious Universe."

Full show Notes: https://bit.ly/2M9n3ZU

About: Dr. James Matlock

Reincarnation research has become my central interest and the subject of my books and major academic contributions, but I did not start off with it. From early in my life, I aspired to be a creative writer. I remember dictating stories to my mother before I could write them down myself. I held to the dream of writing fiction until after I graduated from Emory University with a B.A. in English in 1977.

I came close to graduating with a second B.A. in Psychology, but the Skinnerian operant conditioning to which I was introduced in my experimental psychology classes put me off. After I left Emory, I began to read in the New Age literature that was coming out in the 1970s. I found it harder than I had anticipated to make a living as a writer, though, and by the end of the 1970s, had given up on fiction and was thinking about trying nonfiction instead. I recall going to my local library in Arlington, VA, looking for a topic to write about. That is when I discovered reincarnation. Reincarnation in turn led (through the writings of Ian Stevenson) to learning about academic parapsychology, and I began to read intensively in that field ... More here

Published on Aug 9, 2019

1:32:14 minutes

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    Now Ruth Montgomery is a name I'm very familiar with...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Gio (10th August 2019)

Thanks

Returning Topic

HOW TO TRAVEL in the 21ST CENTURY

Gabriel Traveler

Traveling has changed since the invention of the internet and the smartphone.
    In this video I travel across Italy and show how to travel in the 21st century.

Published on Aug 11, 2019

21:06 minutes

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (12th August 2019), Elen (12th August 2019)

Thanks
    Meanwhile in the Pacific Northwest ...

A Pacific driven storm blew in tonight ...
    Bringing a rare summer storm ...
    With lots of thunder and ...

Hawaiian Electric

Hiroshima

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (12th August 2019), Elen (12th August 2019)

Thanks

LOL

Having one's cake and eating it too ...

Gur-ban-guly Berdi-mu-ham-edov: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

John Oliver takes a look at the president of Turkmenistan,
    a dangerous autocrat with some notably strange obsessions.
    Published on Aug 11, 2019

20:40 minutes

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (12th August 2019), Elen (12th August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I just watched the one about chickens. John profiles the ways in which farmers are abused.

The regular folks are still being used in hard ways by the corps. The swamp drainers are doing the opposite. Our working families are being screwed seven ways to Sunday. Sad.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Elen (13th August 2019), Gio (12th August 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

I'm guessing the FBI now might consider any U.S. citizen as an extremist
    (domestic terrorism threats) who might find this all very suspicious ...

With Jeffrey Epstein’s Death, Conspiracy Theories Have Officially Gone Mainstream

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th August 2019), Aragorn (13th August 2019), Dreamtimer (16th August 2019), Elen (13th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (13th August 2019)

Thanks

Question

Weighing in ...

Conspiracy Theory Threat & the FBI. Richard Dolan Intelligent Disclosure.

On August 1, 2019, Yahoo News reported that the FBI issued a report on the threat posed by "conspiracy theories" as elements of potential domestic terrorism.
    See here:
    https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-documents...160000507.html

Streamed live 8/13/2019

1:06:39

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th August 2019), Aragorn (14th August 2019), Dreamtimer (16th August 2019), Elen (14th August 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

Sometimes in life circumstances just prevail ...

Jeffrey Epstein Conspiracies and
    the Mysterious Deaths of the Rich
    and Ruined

By John Cassidy August 12, 2019

Since Jeffrey Epstein’s death, in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, on Saturday morning,
    conspiracy theories have been circulating, but the facts point to suicide.

On the evening of November 5, 1991, a Spanish fisherman spotted the body of Robert Maxwell, a controversial British press baron, floating in the Atlantic Ocean near the Canary Islands. The crew of Maxwell’s luxury motor yacht had been searching for him all day, after he vanished, that morning, with no explanation. Almost immediately, conspiracy theories emerged. Maxwell, who came to Britain as an impoverished Eastern European émigré and turned himself into a larger-than-life figure and confidant of political leaders, hadn’t ended his own life: he had been murdered. The rumored perpetrators included agents of the K.G.B. or M.I.6, or a team of frogmen from the Mossad. In support of this theory, it was pointed out that Maxwell had long been rumored to have ties to various intelligence agencies, especially the Israeli one. Maybe he had been silenced to prevent him from spilling the beans.

Almost thirty years later, some people cling to these confabulations, despite the existence of a simpler and more convincing explanation for Maxwell’s death. When he set out on his boat, he knew that the debt-burdened business empire which he had spent decades building, Maxwell Communication Corporation, was on the brink of collapse. He also knew that, in a desperate and failed effort to prevent such an outcome, he and his associates had taken hundreds of millions of pounds from M.C.C.’s employee pensions and used the money to try to prop up the company’s share price. After the inevitable bankruptcy occurred, this illegal scheme would be revealed. Maxwell would be ruined, shamed, and, most likely, sent to jail. To a man who was eaten up by pride and insecurity even as he became a well-known figure on two continents—that year, he had purchased the Daily News—the prospect of financial ruin and public humiliation was too much to take. So he jumped overboard.

Having followed Maxwell’s career closely as a financial writer and editor for the London Sunday Times, I believed at the time, and continue to believe, this version of events. It doesn’t clear up all the mysteries surrounding Maxwell’s death, such as the lack of a suicide note and the fact that a team of coroners couldn’t agree conclusively on the cause, leaving open the possibility of heart attack or accidental drowning. But suicide is intuitively plausible, and it satisfies the principle of Occam’s razor, which says that when choosing between various theories we should choose the one that provides the simplest explanation and requires the fewest auxiliary hypotheses to be true.

In a remarkable quirk of history, the stories of Robert Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein are linked, through Maxwell’s daughter, Ghislaine. The motor yacht on which Maxwell took his last steps was called Lady Ghislaine. Shortly after his death, Ghislaine Maxwell moved to New York, where she met Epstein, becoming his girlfriend, and, according to some accounts, his procurer. (She has vigorously denied these claims.) Like Maxwell, Epstein was a self-made figure—he hailed from Coney Island and didn’t graduate from college—who lived by his wits. Like Maxwell, he cultivated prominent people even though the source of his fortune was opaque. And, like Maxwell in 1991, at the time of Epstein’s death everything was being taken away from him.

A decade ago, Epstein used his money and influence to emerge from a two-year F.B.I. investigation pleading guilty to just two state charges of soliciting prostitution, one involving a minor. This time, however, he was trapped. In July, a team of federal prosecutors from the Southern District of New York had accused him of running a sex-trafficking scheme involving dozens of underage girls. A judge had denied his plea for bail. New witnesses had come forward. The case had attracted enormous publicity. Virtually everyone associated with Epstein had turned on him, including Leslie Wexner, the retail billionaire who appears to have been a primary source of Epstein’s fortune. (Last week, Wexner claimed that Epstein “misappropriated vast sums of money from me and my family.”)

At sixty-six, Epstein was facing the prospect of languishing for months in a nightmarish jail that had housed the likes of John Gotti and El Chapo; facing his accusers in a criminal trial; losing his fortune in civil suits; and spending the rest of his life in a federal pen, this time without the work release he’d been granted during his first incarceration. He had lost what sociopaths like him value most: control. Based on what we know now, it appears that Epstein killed himself, in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, on Saturday morning, and that no one else was involved. In some ways, this isn’t a very satisfying explanation, and it raises important questions about why Epstein wasn’t being supervised more closely. But it fits the facts that have been revealed so far. It also fits what we know about Epstein’s psychological profile. And it doesn’t require the involvement of Mossad frogmen, or their equivalent, to be true.

But how was he allowed to do it? According to the Wall Street Journal, Epstein’s own attorneys were the ones who requested that he be taken off suicide watch. This doesn’t explain why the authorities acceded to this request when Epstein, only weeks earlier, had been found unconscious in his cell, with bruises on his neck. Similarly, we don’t know why Epstein was left alone in his cell last Friday night, or why the guards didn’t check on him at regular intervals, as the jail’s standard procedure demanded. “It remained unclear why that procedure was not followed in Mr. Epstein’s case,” the Times reported on Sunday. Bob Hood, a former senior official at the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which runs the Metropolitan Correctional Center, told the Times, “The Bureau of Prisons dropped the ball. Period.”

That explanation won’t satisfy many people, of course—not with the President and members of his Administration spreading defamatory conspiracy theories about the Clintons. On Saturday, Trump retweeted a video from a conservative comedian, Terrence Williams, in which Williams suggested that Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton were responsible for Epstein’s death. (Earlier on Saturday, Lynne Patton, an official at the Department of Housing and Urban Development, posted a headline about Epstein’s death along with the word “Hillary’d!!” and the hashtag “#VinceFosterPartTwo.”) What the forty-fifth President appears to be intimating is that an assassin, working for the forty-second President, broke into one of the most secure jails in the country, hanged Epstein, and left without disturbing the guards or being caught on internal cameras. And perhaps the most remarkable thing is that no one is really surprised to see Trump doing this—disinformation and incitement are two of his trademarks.

Of course, Trump isn’t the only one raising questions. As I pointed out in a column last month, the Epstein saga, in addition to being a sickening sex-crime story, is really about wealth, privilege, and the ability of the super-rich to circumvent the rules that bind ordinary people. Over the weekend, Mayor Bill de Blasio said, “Something’s way too convenient here, and we need to get down to the bottom of what happened.” De Blasio, along with Republican Senator Ben Sasse, has demanded an independent probe into the circumstances surrounding Epstein’s death. Could someone working for Epstein have got to the warden, or whoever made the suicide-watch decision, and to the guards? Given the way the earlier case was resolved, in 2008, and the list of names that have been associated with Epstein, such a possibility, outlandish as it sounds, needs to be investigated. Right now, though, the simplest explanation seems like the most persuasive one: Epstein wanted out, and a series of screwups allowed him to beat the system, again.

Source: newyorker.com

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th August 2019), Aragorn (14th August 2019), Dreamtimer (16th August 2019), Elen (15th August 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

From Whitley Strieber's Dreamland ...

Afterlife Contact

Cindy Spring was not a channel, but then her dear friend, psychologist, afterlife expert and author Frances Vaughan died and she began trying to contact her. She used methods described by Matthew McKay in Seeking Jordan and soon opened an automatic writing channel to Frances. In Seven Questions About Life After Life, Cindy and Frances join together to talk about the afterlife in an exciting new way.

The book covers everything from a new understanding of what Hell really is to how to find spirit guides, and that even those in the afterlife also have them. Among many other things, Dreamland is on a spiritual quest, and this show is a perfect example of the combination of high spiritual adventure and practical "how two" that makes the show so special.

7 Questions About Life After Life: A Collaboration between Two Souls, One Incarnate on Earth,
    and One on the Other Side Who Share a Greater Reality (The Greater Reality)

Published on Aug 14, 2019

1:05:39 minutes

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (15th August 2019), Aragorn (15th August 2019), Dreamtimer (16th August 2019), Elen (15th August 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

Marking fifty years ago this weekend ...
    Now putting it in all in perspective ...

Bill Flanagan on the lessons of Woodstock

CBS Sunday Morning

The three-day music festival held on a dairy farm in New York in August 1969 attended by 400,000 people wasn't a summation of the counterculture movement in America in the 1960s, says contributor Bill Flanagan, but rather a harbinger of things to come.
    Published on Aug 4, 2019

2:30 minutes

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th August 2019), Dreamtimer (16th August 2019), Elen (16th August 2019)

Thanks

Returning Topic

And speaking of ...

I thought this was pretty interesting ...

"Three days of peace and music at Woodstock in 1969 paid pretty well if you were atop the bill of performers.

Contrary to what many believe about the iconic music festival and flashpoint in rock and roll history, the legends who performed over that long weekend did not offer their talents for free.

The festival famously drew about half a million people to a farm in upstate New York between August 15 and 18, 1969. Many of the performers on its bill went on to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame careers, sparked by their participation on the festival.

Archived documents reveal how much each act got paid for their time.

Rock god Jimi Hendrix, who was among the biggest rock stars in the world at the time, was paid $18,000 to headline the weekend. For context, $18,000 in 1969 had the same buying power as nearly $125,000 in 2018.

That's a good number, and after Hendrix paid his band, crew and management, you'd think he would get a nice check for himself.

But by contrast, the biggest acts in music nowadays routinely cost promoters over $500,000 to book.

When you think about it that way, the services of Hendrix and his band came at quite a bargain.

Blood, Sweat and Tears was reportedly the second highest-paid, pulling in $15,000 — while Joan Baez and Creedence Clearwater Revival got $10,000 a piece.

Janis Joplin and Jefferson Airplane got $7,500 each. Sly and the Family Stone got $7,000 and The Who got $6,250.

Folk icon Arlo Guthrie and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young earned $5,000 each.

Interestingly enough, three of Woodstock's most fondly remembered performances were by some of the festival's lowest paid acts.

The Grateful Dead, which would go on to become synonymous with large outdoor music festivals, was paid $2,500.

Joe Cocker got about $1,375.

Santana, which performed about two weeks prior to the release of its self-titled debut album, got paid $750. In 2018 terms, that's about $5,200."

Source

The list - then and now (roughly in today's money adjusted for inflation) ...

1. Jimi Hendrix: $18,000 ($115,000)
    2. Blood, Sweat and Tears: $15,000 ($95,000)
    3T. Joan Baez: $10,000 ($63,000)
    3T. Creedence Clearwater Revival: $10,000 ($63,000)
    5T. The Band: $7,500 ($48,000)
    5T. Janis Joplin: $7,500 ($48,000)
    5T. Jefferson Airplane: $7,500 ($48,000)
    8. Sly and the Family Stone: $7,000 ($45,000)
    9. Canned Heat: $6,500 ($41,000)
    10. The Who: $6,250 ($40,000)
    11. Richie Havens: $6,000 ($38,000)
    12T. Arlo Guthrie: $5,000 ($32,000)
    12T. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young: $5,000 ($32,000)
    14. Ravi Shankar: $4,500 ($28,500)
    15. Johnny Winter: $3,750 ($24,000)
    16. Ten Years After: $3,250 ($20,000)
    17T. Country Joe and the Fish: $2,500 ($16,000)
    17T. The Grateful Dead: $2,500 ($16,000)
    19. The Incredible String Band: $2,250 ($14,000)
    20T. Mountain: $2,000 ($12,700)
    20T. Tim Hardin: $2,000 ($12,700)
    22. Joe Cocker: $1,375 ($9,000)
    23. Sweetwater: $1,250 ($8,000)
    24. John B. Sebastian: $1,000 ($6,300)
    25T. Melanie: $750 ($5,000)
    25T. Santana: $750 ($5,000)
    27. Sha Na Na: $700 ($4,500)
    28. Keef Hartley: $500 ($3,100)
    29. Quill: $375 ($2,400)

Matthews Southern Comfort -Woodstock

Last edited by Gio, 16th August 2019 at 14:05. Reason: add list

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th August 2019), Dreamtimer (18th August 2019), Elen (17th August 2019)