Page 305 of 445 FirstFirst ... 205255295302303304305306307308315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 6670

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,154 Times in 7,347 Posts

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th April 2019), Aragorn (7th April 2019), Dreamtimer (7th April 2019), Elen (7th April 2019)

Thanks

Question

Giddy Up!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th April 2019), Aragorn (7th April 2019), Dreamtimer (7th April 2019), Elen (7th April 2019)

Thanks

CONTROLLED DISCLOSURE & Rebranding UFOs. Richard Dolan: The Big Picture.

Richard Dolan
    Streamed live 4/6/2019

We are in an era of tightening censorship and deplatforming of ideas that are unwelcome to the corporations and power elite at the top of our social and political hierarchy. At the same time, the UFO subject continues to slip out, more and more, into our public discourse. What is the result? Richard Dolan argues that "disclosure" of UFOs is happening, albeit within a controlled setting, and of course lots of spin.
    22:49 minutes

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs Up

Flash back ...

♪ If you fall, I will catch you, I'll be waiting ♪

“Time After Time”

Cyndi Lauper on the Howard Stern Show in 1995

The Howard Stern Show
    Published on Apr 6, 2019

7:59 minutes

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Question

1960/2019

The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street ...

In 6:50 minutes

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

LOL

More touchy feely ...

Joe Biden

Joe Biden (Jason Sudeikis) meets with a consultant (Kate McKinnon) and undecided women voters
    (Aidy Bryant, Leslie Jones) to evaluate if his behavior crosses the line for a presidential run in 2020.

Saturday Night Live
    Published on Apr 7, 2019
    6:45 minutes

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th April 2019), Aragorn (7th April 2019), Dreamtimer (7th April 2019), Elen (7th April 2019), Fred Steeves (7th April 2019)

Thanks

Thinking

Bernardo Kastrup - Reality? It's All in Your Mind

LegaliseFreedom1

Bernardo Kastrup discusses his book 'The Idea of the World: A Multi-disciplinary Argument for the Mental Nature of Reality'.

In his most cogent and compelling work to date, Kastrup's theory of reality offers a grounded alternative to the frenzy of unrestrained abstractions and unexamined assumptions in philosophy and science today. The Idea of the World makes a rigorous case for the primacy of mind in nature, examining what can be learned about the nature of reality based on conceptual parsimony, straightforward logic, and empirical evidence from fields as diverse as physics and neuroscience. It compiles an overarching case for idealism - the notion that reality is essentially mental.

The author begins by exposing the logical fallacies and internal contradictions of the reigning physicalist paradigm and popular alternatives such as panpsychism. The main objections to idealism are also systematically refuted. The book closes with an analysis of the hidden psychological motivations behind mainstream physicalism and the implications of idealism for the way we relate to each other and the world. The view of reality presented here makes sense of the many mysteries which mainstream materialist science simply cannot fathom. It reconciles the classical and quantum worlds and disposes of the so-called 'hard problem' of consciousness. It may even hold the secret to the origin and meaning of life.

Published on Apr 7, 2019

1:33:44 minutes

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (8th April 2019), Dreamtimer (8th April 2019), Elen (8th April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Nice synchronicity at 43:15.

Host asks if Bernardo has ever read Owen Barfield. He says he just had a book of Owen's in his hands a couple of hours ago. The host references Saving the Appearances and Bernardo says that was the book he had in his hands.

Lol re simulation at 56:55

Death is the end of the dissociative boundary between us and the One Mind. 1:11:25
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 8th April 2019 at 08:07.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (8th April 2019), Elen (9th April 2019), Gio (8th April 2019)

Thanks

Question

The lowdown on ...

Mobile Homes: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

LastWeekTonight
    Published on Apr 7, 2019

15:38 minutes

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (9th April 2019), Dreamtimer (9th April 2019), Elen (9th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    The lowdown on ...

Mobile Homes: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
    Well, for better or for worse, that sort of situation does not exist here in Belgium, because according to Belgian law, mobile homes may only be stationed on recreational ground, and one may not have one's permanent residence on recreational ground. By consequence, anyone who owns a mobile home or another property on recreational ground must also have another place of residence, and this other place of residence must also be the person's official address. As for how much time such a person would be spending at either location, the law states that the person must spend at least one day a year at their official address.

But that all said, there are of course other malpractices in the housing industry, specifically with regard to very substandard housing that is being offered for rent at very high prices. So in the end, the exploitation simply gets moved to another segment of the market. On the upside, such exploitation is of course illegal, and so the tenant has a legal recourse against landlords behaving in that manner.

And now that I've said all of the above, that Frank Rolfe character is a certifiable sociopath who deserves to be kicked in the nuts ─ and very hard too!
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Dreamtimer (9th April 2019), Elen (9th April 2019), Gio (9th April 2019)

Thanks
    In remembrance ~ Sofia Rebeca Silva Sanchez

This local is the long time off season home of my friend Jay Gilliland ...
    Who most recently lost his soul mate Sofia, who was a chef here ...
    She passed over sadly of cancer at the age of 45.

Hola PUERTO VALLARTA, Mexico! First Impressions of the City

Gabriel Traveler
    Published on Apr 8, 2019

21 minutes

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (9th April 2019), Dreamtimer (10th April 2019), Elen (9th April 2019)

Thanks
    The ultimate ...

Bad Boy!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (9th April 2019), Dreamtimer (10th April 2019), Elen (9th April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    OMG! This is fascinating

Skeptico:
    Robert Forte, The Softer Side of CIA Psychedelic Mind Control |407|

Do you know where you are, right now?

I’m in a drug trial.

What do you think is wrong with you?

I’m sick. That I don’t matter.

That’s Emma Stone and Jonah Hill participating in a futuristic drug experiment in the Netflix series, Maniac.

What would you say this trial is showing you about yourself?

Is this therapy now?

It’s not therapy, it’s science.

Science indeed. I mention that the show is futuristic but it’s cleverly not futuristic because, as many of you know, the history of government sponsored, pharmaceutical-based, social engineering mind-control stuff is well established.

But we might even take it one step further, as today’s guest Robert Forte does, and say that the history of psychedelic drugs is a microcosm of the history of religion (Entheogens and the Future of Religion).

Alex Tsakiris: I really want to understand how you’re juggling these two things, because what I hear from Wasson is this both and kind of thing. Yeah, he’s a lying ass, CIA lifetime player, yes, but I also get the sense that he’s someone who either before, during or after, has woken up to the larger reality that he’s stumbled into or that he’s been pushed into.

Robert Forte: Well, I’m glad you put it that way because I’m still kind of… when I think back to my meetings with Wasson, he had a very peculiar personality around me. I think there was some genuine affection and respect for me as a young man, who really wanted to understand what was going on. You know, I don’t really know, I’d really love to go back into his archives and read more of his letters.

I gave a lecture in New York shortly after my realization of his relationship to the American fascists and then my access to the archives was denied.

Now, this is another one of those level-3 Skeptiko conversations that kind of goes in a lot of different directions, including the LSD movement versus the LSD movements. We talk a lot about Timothy Leary, since today’s guest spent quite a bit of time with him. We talk about his early history. His experience with the CIA. His claim that the CIA wasn’t all bad in the early ‘50s but then they turned bad and he turned against them. And I love Leary’s quote that a third of what he said was bullshit, a third of what he said was dead wrong and a third of what he said was a base hit, but a 333-batting average makes you a Hall of Famer.

We also talk about Aleister Crowley and whether he really was the sick puppy he seems to be and how he’s involved in this mind-control thing.

And of course, we talk about Robert’s amazing journey through this entire psychedelics, entheogen thing, including his relationship with clandestine CIA operative, Gordon Wasson.

We also talk about Ram Dass, Neem Karoli Baba and contrast Ram Dass to Timothy Leary in some ways you might find interesting if you’re at all into that stuff.

This guy Robert Forte is quite an amazing figure in history that you probably haven’t heard about. Stick around for my interview. I think you’ll really enjoy it.https://skeptiko.com/robert-forte-th...d-control-407/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sF2H-9QXTg

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (10th April 2019), Dreamtimer (10th April 2019)

Thanks

Thumbs Up

Today in an interview with Howard Stern ...

Jason Bonham Remembers His Late Father, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin

The Howard Stern Show
    Published on Apr 9, 2019

4:29 minutes

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmV4vGeoIXQ

Also ...

Sammy Hagar & the Circle “Finish What Ya Started”

5:24 minutes

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (10th April 2019), Dreamtimer (10th April 2019), Elen (10th April 2019), modwiz (10th April 2019)

Thanks

Rolling Eyes

Forget Me Nots ...

Trump: Washington should have named Mount Vernon after himself ...

"President Trump thinks George Washington missed a branding opportunity by not naming Mount Vernon after himself, according to a report.

“If he was smart, he would’ve put his name on it,” Trump said during a tour of the first president’s estate in Virginia a year ago that he shared with French President Emmanuel Macron, three people briefed on the exchange told Politico this week.

“You’ve got to put your name on stuff or no one remembers you,” Trump reportedly added after learning that Washington was one of the major real-estate movers and shakers of his era.

Mount Vernon President and CEO Doug Bradburn, who served as the VIP tour guide, pointed out that Washington was successful in getting the nation’s capital named after himself, to which Trump conceded laughingly, according to the news outlet.

Bradburn later described the 45-minute tour as “truly bizarre” after he found it difficult to sustain Trump’s interest in the compound of his first counterpart, the sources told Politico.

The Macrons were far more knowledgeable about the history of the property than Trump, Bradburn has reportedly told several people.

Trump is open about the fact that he doesn’t read much history and said in July 2016 that he had never read a presidential biography.

Bradburn “was desperately trying to get [Trump] interested in” Washington’s house, a source told Politico, so he spoke in terms the president understands best — telling him that Washington was an 18th century real-estate mogul.

Trump asked whether Washington was “really rich,” another source familiar with the visit said.

In fact, Washington was either the richest or among the richest Americans of his time, thanks mostly to his real estate acquisitions.

“That is what Trump was really the most excited about,” the source said.

Trump did find one thing he liked at Mount Vernon — the bed where Washington died of a throat infection in 1799.

Trump — who is infamously picky about where he sleeps — felt out the bedpost and told his guest that he approved, according to three people briefed on the event.

“A good bed to die in,” he said."

Source: nypost.com

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th April 2019), Aragorn (10th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019)