Page 267 of 444 FirstFirst ... 167217257264265266267268269270277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 6657

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 37,060 Times in 7,319 Posts
    The best of ...

Quagmire

Dr. Feelgood

Motley Crue

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (11th December 2018), Elen (11th December 2018)

Thanks
    Here's the latest post here ...

Last edited by Gio, 11th December 2018 at 10:12.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (11th December 2018), Elen (11th December 2018)

Thanks

Question

That publicly unmentionable topic ..

The terms alien abduction or abduction phenomenon describe "subjectively real memories of being taken secretly against one's will by apparently nonhuman entities and subjected to complex physical and psychological procedures"...

Wikipedia
    "THIS PLANET WILL BE THEIRS."
    David Jacobs on the Richard Dolan Show

"This is an important interview between Richard Dolan and David Jacobs. Dr. Jacobs lays out the nature of his research into the phenomenon of alien abduction, and makes the case of why it is a dangerous development. The presence of alien beings here on our world, he says, is not about love and light, but what he calls "planetary acquisition." In addition, Jacobs discusses the practice of hypno-regression and the challenges of uncovering the truth about alien abduction."

Dec. 10, 2018

56:27 minutes

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (11th December 2018), Elen (11th December 2018)

Thanks

Thinking

Meanwhile in Gotham ...

El Chapo ran cocaine train route to NYC: ex-cartel member

"He should have been called El Choo-po ...

Mexican cartel kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman ran a cocaine train all the way from Mexico to New York City, a witness testified Monday.

“Chapo decided who could use the train route,” cartel member turned informant Tirso Martinez Sanchez told Brooklyn federal jurors in Guzman’s drug trafficking trial.

Martinez said he began overseeing the choo-choo operation around 2000, after a predecessor shot himself in the face, and another died on the operating table during plastic surgery.

The tankers would transport cooking oil into Mexico under the guise of a legitimate business, where the oil would be siphoned out and secret compartments on either end would be stacked with kilos of cocaine, he explained.

Workers would then add an inch or two of oil to the bottom of the container to discourage customs from crawling in to look around on their way back north. They also covered their tracks by dabbing the kilos themselves with grease to throw off the scent for drug-sniffing dogs

In all, the tankers netted the Sinaloa Cartel $500 million to $800 million in cocaine sales from New York, Los Angeles and Chicago between 2000 and 2003, the 51-year-old testified.

And El Chapo was a regular Choo Choo Charlie, the former drug runner said, noting that the kingpin had boasted about “inventing” the train routes.

This isn’t the first time jurors have heard about Chapo’s love of trains — a former lieutenant told the court Chapo used a “little” locomotive to travel around his personal zoo.

Martinez guessed that made between $15 to $20 million working with Chapo, who he called “patas cortas,” or “short legs.” He said he shipped the money back to Mexico, where he lived, by purchasing watches and jewelry in Manhattan and sending the bling home.

And that was before losses. While others have testified Chapo blew his money on a diamond-encrusted pistol, a gold-plated AK-47, and jets, Martinez, nicknamed “El Futbolista” for his love of the sport, spent his on horses, cockfighting, and soccer teams, he said.

In addition to gambling, the drug trafficker said he’d also had three plastic surgeries to change his appearance — though his doctor aborted the third because of his high blood pressure.

Martinez appeared nervous when he first took the stand Monday, misspelling his own name for the court reporter.

He soon reduced the gallery to giggles when, asked to identify the 5-foot-6 El Chapo, he said he was the “short” guy wearing the blue shirt.

Martinez testified that the cartel’s cocaine trains would pull into a warehouse in New Jersey, and then box trucks would transport the kilos to a Big Apple warehouse.

Once in Gotham, Martinez said his men would meet with distributors at McDonald’s or Burger King, at tables inside the fast food chains, and leave drug-packed cars in the parking lots outside.

“We would tell them what car held the drugs, and hand them over the keys,” he said.

Martinez said he stopped working with the Sinaloa Cartel after three of his warehouses were raided by cops, and he was under ‘too much pressure,” following the $100 million loss of cocaine.

“They wanted to kill me because I had lost the train route, that means of transport,” he told jurors. “I just didn’t want to keep going.”

He said he ghosted the kingpin and his associates, and miraculously survived long enough to be arrested in 2014 and extradited to Brooklyn, where he ultimately pleaded guilty to importation and distribution charges.

Guzman faces life behind bars if convicted of operating a continuing criminal enterprise, murder conspiracy, and other charges."

Source

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (11th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (11th December 2018)

Thanks
    Lost In Translation ...

"The Lord’s Prayer, also known as Pater Noster, has been translated into hundreds of languages from the original texts in ancient Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic. But the words learned by millions of English and Italian-speaking believers are due to be changed after a 16-year long research carried out by experts “from a theological, pastoral and stylistic viewpoint” found a significant mistake in these translations."

Pope Francis Enacting Change to Lord’s Prayer: ‘Lead Us Not Into Temptation’

"The Vatican — under the direction of Pope Francis — will soon change the verbiage in the Lord’s Prayer to clarify God does not, in fact, tempt people.

The pope has taken issue with the phrase, “Lead us not into temptation,” one stanza of the Lord’s Prayer found in Matthew 6:9-13.

According to the Daily Express, experts have been studying the biblical text for 16 years and recently concluded, “from a theological, pastoral and stylistic viewpoint,” the centuries-old wording used in English translations of the Bible is incorrect.

Rather than translating the line as, “Lead us not into temptation,” the researchers found, the passage should read, “Abandon us not when in temptation.”

The shift in language comes one year after the pontiff argued the wording is “not a good translation.”

“A father doesn’t do that, a father helps you to get up immediately,” Francis said of the line in question. “It’s Satan who leads us into temptation, that’s his department.”

For years, Christians have struggled to understand the actual meaning behind those words in the Lord’s Prayer.

Is it right to change the wording?

The late theologian Charles Spurgeon explained during a sermon in 1863 that the word “temptation” in the New Testament passage actually holds two meanings, both the actual temptation toward sin and the facing of trials.

While Spurgeon made clear God does not tempt us, he does make the case God will often send us into trials and situations in which temptation toward sin is all but guaranteed.

“God tempts no man,” Spurgeon said. “For God to tempt in the sense of enticing to sin [is] inconsistent with his nature, and altogether contrary to his known character; but for God to lead us into those conflicts with evil which we call temptations, is not only possible but usual.”

Source page
    Last edited by Gio, 12th December 2018 at 04:03.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Maggie (12th December 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post

Rather than translating the line as, “Lead us not into temptation,” the researchers found, the passage should read, “Abandon us not when in temptation.”

The shift in language comes one year after the pontiff argued the wording is “not a good translation.”

“A father doesn’t do that, a father helps you to get up immediately,” Francis said of the line in question. “It’s Satan who leads us into temptation, that’s his department.”
    That part "Lead us not into temptation" never made sense to me and I told our priest that it did not when I was in confirmation classes. I don't believe in Satan either.

I know this translation from 1990 and like it

The Prayer of Jesus in Aramaic (“The Lord’s Prayer”)

Transliteration and original translation by Dr. Neil Douglas-Klotz from the Peshitta (Syriac-Aramaic) version of Matthew 6:9-13 & Luke 11:2-4. Reprinted from Prayers of the Cosmos: Meditations on the Aramaic Words of Jesus (Harper Collins, 1990). © 1990 Neil Douglas-Klotz. All rights reserved, including the right to reprint in whole or in part.

Abwoon d’bwashmaya

O Birther! Father-Mother of the Cosmos/ you create all that moves in light.

Nethqadash shmakh

Focus your light within us–make it useful: as the rays of a beacon show the way.

Teytey malkuthakh

Create your reign of unity now–through our firey hearts and willing hands.

Nehwey sebyanach aykanna d’bwashmaya aph b’arha.

Your one desire then acts with ours, as in all light, so in all forms.

Habwlan lachma d’sunqanan yaomana.

Grant what we need each day in bread and insight:
    subsistence for the call of growing life.

Washboqlan khaubayn (wakhtahayn)
    aykana daph khnan shbwoqan l’khayyabayn.

Loose the cords of mistakes binding us,
    as we release the strands we hold of others’ guilt.

Wela tahlan l’nesyuna

Don’t let us enter forgetfulness

Ela patzan min bisha.

But free us from unripeness

Metol dilakhie malkutha wahayla wateshbukhta l’ahlam almin.

From you is born all ruling will, the power and the life to do,
    the song that beautifies all, from age to age it renews.

Ameyn.

Truly–power to these statements–

may they be the source from which all my actions grow.

Sealed in trust & faith. Amen.https://abwoon.org/library/learn-aramaic-prayer/

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Gio (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    A Wayward Duck ...

“He’s an unorthodox choice for chief of staff,
    but his approval ratings are through the roof.”

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    England swings like a pendulum do ♪

Brexit: Theresa May's response to 'premature parliamentary ejaculation' leaves MPs laughing

Published on Dec 10, 2018

1:05 minutes

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    England swings like a pendulum do ♪

Brexit: Theresa May's response to 'premature parliamentary ejaculation' leaves MPs laughing

Published on Dec 10, 2018

1:05 minutes

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Gio (12th December 2018)

Thanks

Question

First read about this item a year ago ...
    Will share here ...

Under river, outside time: The Woolwich Foot Tunnel Anomaly

When the Woolwich foot tunnel closed for repairs in 2011, it should have been a routine job. The pathway had been providing pedestrians with a quick route beneath the Thames since 1912. A century on, a few minor improvements were necessary. Contractors were hired to plug holes, improve access and bring communications capabilities into the 21st Century: swapping leaky tiles for a leaky feeder.

But Woolwich residents will recall that the refurb of this much loved and much used walkway did not go according to plan. When it finally re-opened it was 8 months behind schedule, having been closed for more than a year and a half. What the average Woolwich dweller doesn’t know, however, are the unusual circumstances behind this delay.

Part of the works were to update the lifts

Mention the 18 month time frame to someone who worked on the Woolwich Tunnel job and you may be met with a mysterious smile. A year and a half may have seemed a long time to those who relied on the tunnel for their daily commute. But for those who were down there beneath the river, that time-frame has a different meaning. When one contractor tells me he aged 3 years on the Woolwich job, it is not a metaphor. For, deep down beneath river and clay, hidden from those above ground, something was occurring. That something was a time anomaly.

A time anomaly, from the perspective of someone who experiences it, involves a clearly defined part of landscape or architecture, in which time ‘stops’. Years of study into such phenomena has proved largely fruitless in terms of explanations. And even less so when it comes to predicting when and where they might arise. There is some anecdotal evidence that temporary spaces, or spaces temporarily under a different use, lend themselves to time anomalies, and the Woolwich event would appear to support this.

But they are notoriously hard to define – not having experienced one, PoL isn’t about to try. The best thing we can do is listen to those that have experienced them. The following testimony is from one of the contractors on the Woolwich foot tunnel job (he wishes to remain anonymous). His words are presented uninterrupted, with as little editing as possible.

Woolwich from the river, pre foot tunnel times

“I was one of the first ones to experience it. We were working from both ends, as it were, and had tents on both sides of the river. It was pretty basic, if you wanted something from the other side, you just had to walk it through the tunnel. Anyway the foreman’s on the other side and he radios to ask me across. So I walk through the tunnel – the ‘long walk’, we called it, funnily enough – and it’s slightly spooky because no one else is down there, they’re all working on the lift shafts, and I get up the other side, find the foreman, and his eyes nearly pop out of his head. Says he only radioed like a minute ago and how did I get there so quick? Wouldn’t take my word for it I’d walked. Reckoned I had a buggy down there or something, that it was some kind of prank.

But I stand my ground and he starts to see I’m not lying. Anyway he forgets what he called me there for. He gives me this big red plastic box, tells me to walk back over and hold it up for him when I get to the other side. So I head back down, the lonely walk back, thinking shouldn’t we be getting on with some work. When I get to the top I wave the red box in the air and radio the foreman. ‘You just left me!’ he’s saying, ‘No more than a minute ago’. That’s when I start to feel a bit weird.

Entrance to the tunnel seen from the river

My initial feelings was I was pretty freaked out by it all. But once everyone else had experienced it, it was amazing how quickly it seemed normal. It became like a joke. It was a laugh, you know, a source of giggles. Someone said we’d invented the teleporter and were all going to be rich. The foreman stopped trusting watches and phones when we were down there, and took to using egg-timers. A few of the young agency lads tried to claim extra on their time sheets. That was the thing, though: time froze when you were down there. If you were down there for the full working day, fixing the tiling, you’d basically finish work, come back up and it would still be morning. Which was great at first – I don’t live in London so I did a lot of sightseeing, Cutty Sark, The Royal Palaces – but then we all realised how knackered we were.

It never really occurred to any of us to tell anyone about it at the time. It was like, who would believe you? You didn’t even believe it yourself. Plus it was such a wheeze. I think there was a feeling that as soon as head office was on to it the whole thing would be over. No more fun.

People started experimenting. Some of the guys camped out in there to see how long they could. 3 days and nights it was, and they still came back at the same moment they’d left. That freaked the site manager out though. He was having a nightmare with the timetables as it was. Biggest problem was making sure that if anyone from head office came down it wouldn’t look like he was sending people home ten minutes after they logged on – although that’s exactly what he was doing. Anyway he soon put a stop to all the mucking about.

Not before I had my one very strange moment, though.

The stairs

One thing we couldn’t get our head round was how the two, sort of, time-places a guy was in seemed to be happening at the same time, as it were. Like I see you emerge across the river in no time at all, but there’s also a ‘you’ who reckons he’s spending four hours in the tunnel.

So Petar, this Bulgarian lad, thought of a little experiment. One morning before anyone else is down the tunnel, he ties a long rope round his waist, and hands the other end to some of the guys. Then he sets off down the tunnel, see. And I’m to follow him down as far as the bottom of the stairs, and then stop and watch him walk down the tunnel. ‘Don’t put your foot off the stairs, don’t step in the tunnel’, he told me. And I didn’t.

So I’m watching him, and he’s got something in his pocket, a secret signal for when he’s across the river, when he gets to the surface. When the others see he’s surfaced, they’re supposed to shout down at me and pull on the rope. Anyway, I’m kneeling down and craning my head down so I can watch Petar walk around the curve, [the tunnel bends in an inverted bow underground – PoL] and he laughs and waves at me for a minute, then gets bored, keeps walking. And he’s just about to round the curve, out of sight – it hasn’t been long, just a minute or so, around the same time it’d took us to walk down the steps – and I feel the rope around me tighten. Then I hear the lads up top. ‘He’s across. Waving a red flag’. The thing is, Petar hears it too.

And he stops. Turns round. And he’s looking at me. His hand slowly reaches into his big jacket pocket, and he pulls out the edge of this large red flag. For a moment I grin. I reckon they’re all having me on. But it’s the look on his face, that’s what still haunts me. Nobody’s that good an actor. His face – and he’s a big man, mind you, fearless. Our Petar was a big character, always at the centre of things, always with this big smile. Never saw him take anything too serious in all our days til then, but – I don’t know how to describe it, it was – fear. Just plain fear on his face. And he’s looking right at me and I know what he’s thinking. I know what he’s trying to figure out – do I keep going, or do I come back? He takes one step towards me, then stops. I don’t know how long we looked at each other like that, neither of us talking. Then in the end he turns round again, and carries on, out of sight.

Well, I’m up those stairs like a shot and when I get up top there he is, across the river, unmistakeable even from that distance, red flag in one hand, another guy’s arm around his shoulders.

Anyway I didn’t like that. That freaked me out, that did. Petar didn’t talk about it much. Nobody spoke much about any of it after that. The jokes kind of came to an end and we just got on with the job. Tried to ignore it.”

The tunnel was re-opened in early 2012. No time-discrepancies have been reported since that date.

Source
    Last edited by Gio, 13th December 2018 at 07:25.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (13th December 2018), Aragorn (13th December 2018), Chris (13th December 2018), Dreamtimer (13th December 2018), Elen (13th December 2018), JRS (14th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,447 Times in 10,157 Posts
    How Did they know, no.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th December 2018), Chris (13th December 2018), Dreamtimer (13th December 2018), Gio (13th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Interestingly, I've had a pretty cool time-dilation experience not far from this spot. Woolwich is a bit further along the river, I was in Greenwich, a couple of miles upriver from this spot. This happened a few months after my Kundalini experience, which itself took place even further upriver, in Wapping, again just a few hundred yards from the river itself. Perhaps the Thames does have some sort of mystical time-dilation property that we're as yet unaware of. Woolwich, Greenwich and Wapping are all areas of East London that lie along the Thames, for those not familar with London's geography.

My experience in Greenwich took place in a Japanese restaurant, a few hundred yards from the river. My Kundalini activated spontaneously during a highly exquisite meal and waves of pleasurable energy were washing over me. Time slowed down for me, visibly. Sounds died away and became distant, people around me sped up and became blurry, they seemed to be moving around 10 times faster than normal from my perspective. It may have been a subjective experience, but it seemed entirely real to me.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2018), Aragorn (13th December 2018), Dreamtimer (13th December 2018), Elen (13th December 2018), Gio (13th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    First read about this item a year ago ...
    Will share here ...
    Gio...I love having you here and I love the stuff that's absolutely "Out on a Limb". London?? I think we'll have to face up to a lot of things in the near future, don't you?

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2018), Aragorn (13th December 2018), Chris (13th December 2018), Dreamtimer (13th December 2018), Gio (13th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)

Thanks

Love

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Gio...I love having you here and I love the stuff that's absolutely "Out on a Limb". London??
    I think we'll have to face up to a lot of things in the near future, don't you?
    Thank you Elen ...

Well, i know Donald Trump surely will ...

The Devil and Donald Trump ...

The Embarrassing President Feels Embarrassed

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Published on Dec 13, 2018

8:23 minutes

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th December 2018), Aragorn (14th December 2018), Dreamtimer (14th December 2018), Elen (14th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)

Thanks

Returning Topic

This Is Why You Should Travel to AMSTERDAM

Gabriel Traveler

Published on Dec 13, 2018

22:09 minutes

Last edited by Gio, 14th December 2018 at 10:38.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th December 2018), Dreamtimer (14th December 2018), Elen (14th December 2018), Kathy (22nd December 2018)