Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153203243250251252253254 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 3796

Thread: The Cosmic Emporium

Thanks
    Thanked 36,628 Times in 5,634 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoy being View Post
    Hopefully this link is interesting and fits in this thread. There's a fair bit on the site, I have been searching for info I had heard about, this sort of contains a lot of it but not all.
    Colour Psychology, related to personality and eye colour and physical features as well.

http://www.colour-affects.co.uk/psyc...ies-of-colours
    It takes a forum to make the emporium a cosmic one.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th May 2018), Dreamtimer (12th May 2018), Elen (12th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), NotAPretender (11th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,838 Times in 1,935 Posts

Rugby is not really my thing, we are brought up with it as a national sport but I have grown more and more tired of it because of a number of things.

Mainly because of my associations with men who play it or enjoy it, as a generalisation, which is unfair, but often it attracts that male we all know who can channel all their emotions into feverish support. The game has been used for a few good things, as mentioned in the lounge thread regards the 1981 springbok tour to NZ. And maybe it holds troubled minds at bay. Though, there are many stories of the pack mentality vs our innocents.

That is all beside the point, the purpose of this post is just in passing, a word play. Which may flip back to the paragraphs above.
    The photo you see is of a scrum about to 'go down'. Over the years there has been quite a few head and neck injuries from this part of the game, they lock together and can either clash heads or collapse and break necks.
    So rules have been tried out after ongoing research. Techniques laid out to improve the process.
    The current process involves three words which are akin to ready, set, go.
    In the photo they are somewhere along that triplet.
    Those words, if one heard them away from the field, may have deeper more valuable meaning.
    They are, Touch - Hold - Engage.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (13th May 2018), Dreamtimer (13th May 2018), Elen (13th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (13th May 2018), NotAPretender (13th May 2018)

Thanks

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th May 2018), Dreamtimer (14th May 2018), Elen (15th May 2018), modwiz (14th May 2018), NotAPretender (14th May 2018)

Thanks

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDa7YDig9SE

..pity about the product logo at the end. Someone needs to edit that off!
    Last edited by enjoy being, 15th May 2018 at 06:19.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2018), Dreamtimer (15th May 2018), Elen (15th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (15th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,969 Times in 3,475 Posts
    That is really awesome
    Whatever is true. Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable. Anything of excellence and worthy of praise. Dwell on these things. Jesus Christ (I agree)

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2018), Dreamtimer (15th May 2018), enjoy being (15th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (15th May 2018)

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,656 Times in 6,053 Posts
    You made me think of a music video. Off to the lounge thread!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th May 2018), Elen (15th May 2018), enjoy being (15th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (16th May 2018)

Thanks

Just stumbled across this info and artwork on tunnels in the city of Auckland. Where I live.
    http://www.mindkits.co.nz/blog/Into-...-s-Underground

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-ze...xhibition.html
    Last edited by enjoy being, 16th May 2018 at 10:54.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Elen (16th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (16th May 2018), NotAPretender (16th May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,805 Times in 1,788 Posts

Just stumbled across this info and artwork on tunnels in the city of Auckland. Where I live.
    http://www.mindkits.co.nz/blog/Into-...-s-Underground

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-ze...xhibition.html
    now those are cool images...
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Elen (16th May 2018), enjoy being (17th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday)

Thanks

Something like 2 years ago, our then Prime Minister attempted to get New Zealand to change their national flag.

It was a spectacle where no one wanted to do it, but it still happened, and then 'everyone' jumped into the conversation and joined in on the voting.

This was an important scenario to me, I never voted in any of the $26m+ null event. Thankfully we did not change our flag. I had faith that that would be the case, while others didn't and had to vote. The number of those who didn't vote was 1/3 of the population, this meant, coupled with the ones who voted for no change, the desire to not change was overwhelming.

However, the politicians drew a different picture, making conclusions from the stats of who voted alone.

Above we have another flag. This is called Rangatiratanga. It has a bit to understand and acknowledge. This is a powerful sigil, one to me representing hope for the future that THIS may become the new national flag of New Zealand.

A lot of gaps need to be bridged before that can happen, and having not chosen a new flag 2 years ago has kept the space for this happening imv.

This subject relates to cultural division and healing towards togetherness. The flag is currently a trigger for separation between races for some. It centres around words and their translations, and of people's projections and distortions for the continuation of their own whipping posts.

The word Rangatiratanga was included in the Maori language version of our founding treaty. The Maori language version travelled around the country and was signed by the chiefs of NZ. The English language version was used in the signing ceremony at Waitangi in the far north of NZ. The translations were a fuckery, a deceptive manipulation. These polarities of translation continue, and each side can be said to have been guilty of embellishing their meanings.
    The dynamic we all know of standing ground and manipulating that ground with lies to strengthen the position.

Rangitiratanga, if you were to look on the wiki site or many European mind sites/books/publications will translate the word to,
    Absolute Sovereignty. One must point out that some Maori will also embrace this as a meaning because they wish for retribution and push the barrow of being a colonised race to justify their personal internal pains.

As you can imagine, the flag then can be nicknamed "The Maori sovereignty flag". Which then as can imagine works to feed talk about division and revolution and discord. Plenty of people waste precious hours talking about and fighting over this flags meaning. When it is waved, or worn on a shirt, it causes judgement.

But the word means many things in variance to 'Sovereignty'. It means chieftainship of self, self-determination, following your dreams.
    One translation "You are your own Chief".
    Elements of the flag

Black – represents Te Korekore, the realm of Potential Being. It represents the long darkness from whence the world emerged. It represents the heavens. The male element is formless, floating and passive.

White – represents Te Ao Marama, the realm of Being and Light. It is the Physical World. White also symbolises purity, harmony, enlightenment, and balance.

Koru – the curling frond shape, the Koru, represents the unfolding of new life. It represents rebirth and continuity, and offers the promise of renewal and hope for the future.

Red – represents Te Whei Ao, the realm of Coming into Being. It symbolises the female element. It also represents active, flashing, southern, falling, emergence, forest, land and gestation. Red is Papatuanuku, the Earth Mother, the sustainer of all living things. Red is the colour of earth from which the first human was made.

The design represents the balance of natural forces with each other. To live life is to live with
    nature. To appreciate life is to understand nature.
    Discussions have existed about the making of this flag into the national flag. One flag one people, united we stand divided we fall, and all that. You may see that within the koru, is the holding of hands.
    The two Maori women who designed this flag as an entry into a competition a few decades ago clearly designed a symbol of nationhood and personal sovereignty.

The time is not right on either side for this flag to be flown as that of one people. I long for the understanding to exist.
    It will require much study and soul searching and self realisation. For the Europeans to see the great wealth in the Maori culture, to recognise oneness and the importance of family. And for the Maori in return to invite the Europeans to join their family and begin a new history together.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (18th May 2018), Elen (18th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (18th May 2018), NotAPretender (18th May 2018)

Thanks
    As a counter or a supplement, the following page shows the discussion and calls the premature adoption of this flag as a national flag as being further appropriation and colonisation. I see the point but also, see the divide which hurts all. So much work to be done it feels.
    The people in between like myself, need our own flag, I would love to call rangatiratanga my own, but recognise the symbol it is now.
    It brings me both joy and sadness when I ponder these things.

http://archive.indymedia.org.nz/arti...anga-flag.html

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (18th May 2018), Elen (18th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (18th May 2018), NotAPretender (18th May 2018)

Thanks

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,805 Times in 1,788 Posts
    As a counter or a supplement, the following page shows the discussion and calls the premature adoption of this flag as a national flag as being further appropriation and colonisation. I see the point but also, see the divide which hurts all. So much work to be done it feels.
    The people in between like myself, need our own flag, I would love to call rangatiratanga my own, but recognise the symbol it is now.
    It brings me both joy and sadness when I ponder these things.

http://archive.indymedia.org.nz/arti...anga-flag.html
    You know I can fully appreciate the pulling of to and fro...I don't really think the 'heart' of any of these issues is any different anywhere. One thing different about the Maori situation is that they seem to be in a position of greater strength than many are in other lands. It seems that even the 'bad' side of NZ peoples are much more 'enlightened' than what we would find in the U.S. According to some if not many historians the biggest reason that it is different here/there/U.S is the legacy of the Slavery and the Civil War. It doesn't make the divided people 'special', it merely makes the situation 'different' and perhaps more compelling in the depths of division. The end result is hate, of course, and the biggest thorn in my mind.
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (18th May 2018), Elen (18th May 2018), enjoy being (18th May 2018), Kathy (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Yes that is the reason for my highlighting of the story. In showing that the same discussion continues all around the world. And that there is light somewhere at the end of the tunnel.
    I agree that the Maori kept their mana comparatively, they were never physically conquered. They pretty much were supreme fighters in their home turf, they are often accredited with inventing trench warfare. They even took the high ground when some broke off and began passive resistance.
    It is said the land is the land of peace, and it could well be the influence of the land which has made the people seek peace.
    The Maori have shown great strength through some dark days to stand for what they hold dear.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th May 2018), Dreamtimer (18th May 2018), Elen (Yesterday), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (18th May 2018), NotAPretender (18th May 2018)

Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,656 Times in 6,053 Posts
    This is cosmic.

Joe Rogan was talking about black holes and multiple galaxies. His guest mentioned the theory of black holes leading to other universes.

Then, a bit later Joe was wondering how everything could start from a singularity, smaller than a pinpoint.

How about if that singularity emerged from a Black Hole?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (Yesterday), Elen (Yesterday), enjoy being (Yesterday), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Thanked 42,198 Times in 10,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This is cosmic.

Joe Rogan was talking about black holes and multiple galaxies. His guest mentioned the theory of black holes leading to other universes.

Then, a bit later Joe was wondering how everything could start from a singularity, smaller than a pinpoint.

How about if that singularity emerged from a Black Hole?
    I'll up you one... Every black hole is a singularity, so what if the whole universe is a black hole of which the event horizon is still expanding at an accelerating rate? Or maybe the universe only appears to be expanding at an accelerating rate because of the time dilation that we're subjected to?
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (Yesterday), Elen (Yesterday), Kathy (Yesterday), modwiz (Yesterday)