Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Deplorables

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Not just that. If it weren't for the extralegal protection she's been enjoying, she would already be in jail right now — treason being one of the charges, albeit not the only one. She'd have as much chance at running for president as any other inmate of a high security detention facility.

with a trump presidency, one of the sweet residuals would be his DOJ re-examining the entire hillary server mess,
    including how the obama DOJ and FBI was complicit in real criminal behavior.
    pray for justice, pray for trump...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2016), Aragorn (26th September 2016), bsbray (26th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. She's got Parkinson's, which is not only serious enough in and of itself, but which will with 95% certainty also lead to dementia at some later point.
    I think it's pretty clear that she's demented enough already, along with her husband and their family friends the Bushes too. I think that's why she's being pushed so hard for president. It's hard to find people this demented with all of the "experience" that she has.

I wouldn't be too upset with a military coup as long as it's a nationalist military that returns constitutional order after a transition. But I really hope it doesn't have to come to that. The earlier attempted coup you're referring to was effectively shut down when a military officer came public about it, Smedley Butler. The military administration of the WW2 era seems to have been a pretty wiley bunch and not always willing to obey their superiors. Patton is a great example.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th September 2016), Aragorn (26th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), jimmer (29th October 2016), modwiz (26th September 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by jimmer View Post
    I meant to ask you to describe your trump rally experience, bsbray.

a good time, a hassle, a waste of time, or was it uplifting?

give us the backgrounder, if you have a few...
    First of all it's the second time he's held a rally here this campaign season. Rock bands that go on massive tours don't even come through here twice a year. Last time he gave his rally here at the Hotel Roanoke and then flew to North Carolina and had another rally that same evening. The man has been campaigning like a beast all over the country and making Hillary look like a sad armless child, as Charlie Sheen might tell us. I don't even know if Hillary has been campaigning in this state at all this year, unless it was to a bunch of rich people.

Last time I couldn't get in because there wasn't enough space in the Hotel Roanoke. They got something like a thousand people or so extra that wouldn't fit into their conference hall. So this last one was at the local music arena/sports stadium, and he had the rally in the sports stadium. It has a capacity of 10,500 people and the seats were full for about half of the arena, mostly behind and to the sides of Trump's podium, and then they had maybe 1000 people standing on the floor in front of him. So I would estimate that there was something like 6,000 people there. This isn't some massive city, it's just the largest metropolitan area in a large region of both Virginia and West Virginia, actually representing one of the least populated US regions east of the Mississippi River.

I got in early (3 hours before it was said to begin), tried to read a book in my seat while I waited but there was a loud-mouthed woman behind me who kept arguing with her adolescent kids, and I know I wasn't the only one who was annoyed. They were going in and out of their seats a lot too, though they weren't on my row. One of the guys there said half-jokingly to one of them that'd he'd be mad if they weren't Trump supporters.

Before anyone went up to the microphone, an announcement came over the PA system that Donald Trump supported the 1st Amendment "just as much as he supports the 2nd Amendment," but that the rally was a private event paid for by the Trump campaign and all protesters would be asked to protest outside of the event. Audience members were instructed to not touch any protesters but just hold up their Trump signs and chant "Trump" loudly until Secret Service agents could remove the protesters. But in fact there weren't any protesters. There were no interruptions.

Later I saw an article from the local media, right below the article about the rally in Roanoke, about people protesting Trump's visit. It was a picture of three or four people holding different signs up (one of them said something about homophobia, which I thought was ironic considering that Trump has been the most outspoken Republican candidate for gay rights in modern history), with the picture deceivingly putting them all on one side of the photo so as to not draw attention to the fact that these three or four people were standing by a stop sign alone on a busy street and that nobody seemed to care.

The host for the beginning part of the event (local congressmen speaking) came up and introduced a pastor from a local Methodist church (I think they said Methodist, not sure really) who gave about a 7 minute prayer. Then they did the pledge of allegiance and had some famous singer from a previous generation sing the Star Spangled Banner. The actual rally was supposed to start at 6 PM but all of this started before that, and then local congressmen spoke: Virgil Goode, Morgan Griffith and Bob Goodlatte. They laid into Hillary Clinton pretty well. I'm proud of what Bob Goodlatte has done for us lately because he was the one who requested that the FBI investigate Hillary's statements to Congress for perjury, after the FBI said they weren't investigating that because no one had asked.

After those guys, former DIA director Michael Flynn came out somewhere around 6 PM and spoke for a while. He acts a lot younger than he looks in the face. I don't know how old the guy is, though I know he was obviously in the military for a bit, but he's obviously in shape and you could tell he had a lot of energy. This is the guy who I think is the brains behind a lot of what the Trump campaign is doing, since he formerly served as the US military's answer to the CIA.

Then Trump came out, and gave his speech, and you can find that online. He nailed all the major points that he usually does: we're going to build a wall and Mexico will pay for it; he's going to repeal and replace Obamacare; his message to black and Hispanic voters: after 8 years of Obama, "what have you got to lose?"; that he's going to restructure our trade deals. He also had a great line, that he's going to be President of the United States and not the "President of the World" as Obama and Hillary basically campaign on. And he also talked about his college debt plan, which I thought was brilliant and talked about on the Bill Still thread.

After it was over everybody filed out of the place and there were vendors set up selling a lot of Trump stuff, and anti-Hillary stuff.

Overall the impression I got from the rally was that it was good for energizing and organizing his local supporters to go out and "share the love," as Trump said. He made the point several times that we have to talk to people, we have to try bring our friends to the polls with us, and we have to stomp Hillary Clinton in the election. The way the audience was addressed through the rally made me feel as though we are really being seen and treated as an important part of Trump's effort, and it is our responsibility to support him if we want to see him succeed. This is all not in the name of some radical reform but basically a referendum on the obvious corruption of the Obama administration, and a return to solutions that have worked in the past.
    Last edited by bsbray, 26th September 2016 at 23:23.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2016), Dreamtimer (26th September 2016), Elen (27th September 2016), jimmer (29th October 2016), modwiz (29th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,116 Times in 3,777 Posts
    I, too, attended a trump rally, right in my backyard: a small town in central arizona and the biggest thing to hit this area in generations.

well organized, spirited, friendly, motivating, and memorable is how I'd describe the experience.
    I even got a seat in the back peanut gallery for a unique view of the festivities. what a blast.

trump, like no other candidate in our lifetime, has networked the entire country to prove he's the real deal. and I believe he is.

will he get everything he seeks for us? well, one thing's for sure, early on at least, it'll be a real fight, with his own party and the other, but
    if you want change who would you want leading that fight: a warrior or a saint? I pick the former.

here's part of a series: best case for trump: part 3: Stefan Molyneux: RESPONSIBILITY
    (if you're not familiar with his brilliant philosophizing, I've provided a link to his works below the YT post)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmer For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th October 2016), Elen (30th October 2016), modwiz (29th October 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    In the video - where someone calls out a list of 'phobias' the look on her face told me everything I need to know: She appeared flummoxed and obviously did not have a rapid response. even if she did have a response it would in all likelihood have been given to her, with her 'script' along with some 'witty retorts' and other responses.

Do not enjoy the american elections - it is just a show and not a very interesting one - just predictable and obviously produced by people who have a lot to lose, when the next wave of awakening ensues,

Much Respect - Amanda

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th October 2016), Dreamtimer (30th October 2016), Elen (30th October 2016), jimmer (30th October 2016), modwiz (29th October 2016)