Thread: The Sacred Science : Free Online Screening

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,237 Times in 670 Posts

The Sacred Science : Free Online Screening

Watching this now...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

Altaira (13th October 2013), Cearna (13th October 2013), Frances (12th October 2013), Highland1 (13th October 2013), john parslow (13th October 2013), Tonz (13th October 2013)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,686 Times in 375 Posts
    A caring investigation into why!!!.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Khan For This Useful Post:

Cearna (14th October 2013), Frances (14th October 2013), Highland1 (13th October 2013), Moonlight (13th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It was an interesting view. I am one of those who believe that the best plants to heal a Quebecker like me, are in the forests nearby. I'm not saying that the plants from another part of the world are not good for me. I do take herbal "una de gato" (cat's claw) tea. It was suggested by my daughter's mother in law, a Peruvian lady. It does help with the aches and pain of being so young at heart.... But I mostly choose plants that grow here to heal myself.

As Wolf Khan mentioned, it is a caring investigation into why ? I believe that for a "good" healing to occur, you have to investigate why you are sick in the first place (listening to myself here...).

We know how the rain forests are treated these days. I am so ashamed of being a human sometimes. Many are too greedy and take without giving back.

What really inspired me in the film, were these words: "Life without death has no meaning. Life does not exist without death. Where there is life, there is death, and we cannot hide from it. Death is a change, a process. It is necessary for life. (...) They stay away from death, and by doing so, they stay away from life as well."

A bit strange some might say, but for those who do not know this about me, I volunteer in palliative care (end of life care). Death is an important part of my work here.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

Cearna (14th October 2013), Frances (14th October 2013), Highland1 (13th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 294 Posts
    Hi Moonlight:

It does help with the aches and pain of being so young at heart.... But I mostly choose plants that grow here to heal myself.
    I love the way you think. I watched the movie last night and missed the end. I was quite tired and fell asleep around 30 minutes into it so I don't know which one died or those cured....other than the man with diabetes after 10 days. His cure was remarkable in such a short time.

Around 20 years ago, I had a friend with prostate cancer who worked at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab. He consulted the most renown doc at that time and was told to get his life in order before the next 6 months. He rejected that idea, enrolled in a Macrobiotic course, followed it and enjoyed his life. I find your attitude interesting as one of the principals of macrobiotic cooking is to only eat foods grown locally.

He was not cured, but, lived a happy life another 10 years. Cancer is a disease of the whole body, not just the part presenting evidence.

Thanks for the flick. I must give it another go when I'm not so tired.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

Cearna (14th October 2013), Frances (14th October 2013), Highland1 (13th October 2013), Moonlight (14th October 2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sparky View Post
    Hi Moonlight:

I love the way you think. I watched the movie last night and missed the end. I was quite tired and fell asleep around 30 minutes into it so I don't know which one died or those cured....other than the man with diabetes after 10 days. His cure was remarkable in such a short time.

Around 20 years ago, I had a friend with prostate cancer who worked at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab. He consulted the most renown doc at that time and was told to get his life in order before the next 6 months. He rejected that idea, enrolled in a Macrobiotic course, followed it and enjoyed his life. I find your attitude interesting as one of the principals of macrobiotic cooking is to only eat foods grown locally.

He was not cured, but, lived a happy life another 10 years. Cancer is a disease of the whole body, not just the part presenting evidence.

Thanks for the flick. I must give it another go when I'm not so tired.
    I have to admit that I don't know much about macrobiotic cooking. But I do eat mostly foods grown locally... in the summer that is. Nothing grows here in the winter, lol. Unless I wanted to eat root vegetables and squash only in the winter, I could not follow this kind of diet. I think we have to have balance in all things.

We have a "solidarity coop" in my community. The members are either producers, buyers or workers. The producers and the buyers pay a membership fee each year. The way it works is that the internet site lists all the produces available from the many producers. The buyers makes their list of produces they want before the Monday night (we don't have to buy each week if we do not want). We pick-up our purchases downtown on the Thursday. I really like this. We have vegetables, fruits, milk, eggs, bread, honey, maple syrup, prepared meals, different kinds of meat, wine, herbalist produces, ecological cleaning products, etc. All from local producers. I buy a lot from the coop. But in the winter... no fresh vegetables. Some have greenhouses which permits some produces later in the fall, and the production re-starts around March, so we have nice lettuce early April, then tomatoes, cucumbers. I can provide a link if you are interested in how it works.

BTW, seems like the universe wants to confirm that no rigid beliefs is good in matter of health. I have decided to start to take Olive leafs supplements. No olives trees grows here ! I have been led to it for a health problem I am facing.

Note to the mods: I know the film link, while a free viewing, promotes the sale of their DVD at the end. If you think it is not proper for TOT, please delete or let me know and I will.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlight For This Useful Post:

Frances (14th October 2013)