Thread: Mysterious Floating Island Near Argentina

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 164 Posts

Mysterious Floating Island Near Argentina

Daily Mail news article, 30/8/16 -

Is the mysterious 'eye' island near Argentina hiding an alien base? Kickstarter campaign to investigate bizarre rotating island launched

A strange and almost perfect circular island sits near the northeastern edge of Argentina, which is said to float on its own axis in the middle of a swampy marsh.

Called 'The Eye', this mysterious land is surrounded by a tiny channel of clear water and some believe it is camouflage for a massive alien base that lays quietly beneath the surface.

Now, a team of researchers and filmmakers have opened a Kickstarter campaign to help fund their investigation of these bizarre claims, with the hopes of uncovering the mystery of this remote island once and for all.

'We have discovered a mysterious island near the Parana river, which, intriguingly, moves and rotates on its own axis,' Richard Petroni, a hydraulic and civil engineer from New York who is involved in the project, said in a press release.

'Besides, it features a neat circular structure bordered by another perfectly circular streak of water.'

'It's something real and accounts for several supernatural stories bearing connections to UFOs and other paranormal aspects.'

Petroni has teamed up with Argentine film director & producer Sergio Neuspillerm, who made the discovery, as well as tech expert and founder of a telecommunications company, Pablo Martinez,for this journey.

'The Eye' can be found on Google Maps using the coordinates: 34°15'07.8'S 58°49'47.4"W.

It is located in the Parana Delta between the cities of Campana and Zarate in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The island was first spotted by the film crew six months ago when they were looking for a place to shoot a film covering other paranormal occurrences, such as ghost and alien sightings, in the area.

After the team plugged in the specific coordinates and saw the mysterious spherical landmass on the computer screen, they knew they had to see it with their own eyes.

'When locating this reference in the map we discovered something unexpected that left the film project in the background, we call it 'The Eye',' said Neuspillerm in a video.

'The Eye is a circle of land surrounded by a thin channel of water with a diameter of 130 yards.'

'Both circles [the water and land] are so perfect that it is hard to believe that this is a natural formation'.

The team trekked through the marshy surroundings, trying to find an entry point, but were unable to make their way to the island.

Finally, in their second attempt and after eight hours of hiking, they stumbled upon 'The Eye'.

'The place was amazing and extremely strange,' said Neuspillerm.

'We discovered that the water is incredibly clear and cold, something totally unusual in the area.'

'The bottom is hard in contrast to the swampy marshes surrounding it and the center part floats.'

'We don't know over what, but it floats.'

Read more.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzANf3YE7Lc

The Eye website here.

I wish I had ten grand, that gets you on the first expedition. Any thoughts on what this is?
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior, 1st September 2016 at 13:04. Reason: added text, correction

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), Aragorn (1st September 2016), bsbray (1st September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (1st September 2016), Elen (1st September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Wind (3rd September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Innocent Warrior View Post
    Any thoughts on what this is?
    Well, if it's a mysterious island that isn't supposed to be there, then there might be a black smoke monster and "Others" on it. (Click here if you don't know what I'm talking about. )

In all seriousness, I do not believe that this would be a natural phenomenon, given the perfectly circular shape of both the island and the surrounding water channel. But still, that does not exclude that it could have been created — whether deliberately or as an unintended byproduct — by human activity. One way of excluding that possibility would be to contact any nearby population groups — and maybe the Argentinian government, as they may have records — to hear whether they remember any specific geological or industrial activity in the vicinity, or, conversely, any significant paranormal activity.

I also surmise that the island is still fairly new, given the perfectly smooth and circular shapes of both the island and the "lake" it sits on. If it had been very old already, then there would have been a sufficient amount of erosion to change the circumference of the island, not to mention of the "lake".

It sure boggles the mind.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), bsbray (1st September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (1st September 2016), Elen (1st September 2016), Innocent Warrior (1st September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    In all seriousness, I do not believe that this would be a natural phenomenon, given the perfectly circular shape of both the island and the surrounding water channel. But still, that does not exclude that it could have been created — whether deliberately or as an unintended byproduct — by human activity. One way of excluding that possibility would be to contact any nearby population groups — and maybe the Argentinian government, as they may have records — to hear whether they remember any specific geological or industrial activity in the vicinity, or, conversely, any significant paranormal activity.
    I don't think it's natural either, it's too out of place in its surroundings.

Significant paranormal activity in the area has been reported, a small list of brief accounts -

Eyewitness stories gathered so far on the project's site include:

Nito Dieguez, a local resident, who recalled that over 40 years ago around 9 PM at night while rowing his boat, there was a bright flash of light. “There was a circumference, it was like a big torch, which lit the boat and me as if it were daylight. It lasted for a second, I looked everywhere, but I did not see or hear anything. I just felt scared, kept rowing, and came to my sister’s house.” He also recounted another event in 1994 on the Parana River. “The same thing happened. I was standing on the pier and again a sudden light, the sudden blinking on me, and then it went away.”

While camping one night with friends, Esteban Jarzac, another local, recounted a story where he and his friends believed they saw “Luz Mala” (Ghost Light), which is connected to an urban legend in the area about an Indian burial ground. He described it as “a powerful light that had full range, coast-to-coast and which gradually faded away as mysteriously as it had arrived.”

Rodrigo Artana, another experiencer, told a story in which a perfectly shaped circular light followed him while he was coming home after a late dinner. “What was striking was the fact that it was a perfect circle,” he said. Furthermore, it disappeared as suddenly and quietly as it had appeared in the first place. Some of his friends believed him, others did not, but he felt it was a positive experience overall as it was a connection with the unknown.

Other reports include cars stalling on the highway near the area which have been branded “dead zones” or “ghost zones” by locals, balls of light descending from the sky, and other mysterious objects that have been seen moving in the general direction of the circle.
    Source.

I also surmise that the island is still fairly new, given the perfectly smooth and circular shapes of both the island and the "lake" it sits on. If it had been very old already, then there would have been a sufficient amount of erosion to change the circumference of the island, not to mention of the "lake".
    You would think so wouldn't you but nope, the earliest image for those coordinates is from July 2003 and the eye was there then, as seen below, in the video at the 1:19 mark (or on Google Earth).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmYEZ8FVAM

So it's been there at least 13 years, way too long for it to stay intact like that and not grown over.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior, 1st September 2016 at 14:35. Reason: fixed typo

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), Aragorn (1st September 2016), bsbray (1st September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Elen (2nd September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    You Lost me, Aragorn.

I watched the video here and the slightly longer one on the site. They show the first Google image of it and it looks a little off in shape. The more recent images are rounder. A hard bottom could be rock. Perhaps there is an aquifer that's welling up, providing the clear, cold water. Don't know about the circular shape. It's dynamic. The center of the island seems to have plenty of greenery.

I like the Kickstarter idea. Keep it open and visible.

Argentina has been speculated to be the location of the Nazi remnants which have continued to be active...

In addition there could be Inner Earth civilizations/entities nearby, underneath.

Circular light. That's interesting. Something that comes up from there regularly that is circular and energetic could leave such a mark. What it is...

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), Aragorn (1st September 2016), bsbray (1st September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Elen (1st September 2016), Innocent Warrior (1st September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Argentina has been speculated to be the location of the Nazi remnants which have continued to be active...
    Yes. We even have declassified FBI documents from the time that indicate that the FBI was monitoring Nazis escaping from Europe and arriving in Argentina. And they also declassified some files not long ago showing that they had reports of Hitler escaping Europe and landing by a pair of submarines in Argentina, and traveling into the interior from there. Joseph Farrell talks about a lot of other documentation of this happening, and Nazis being active in South America in general after WW2.

At first I thought this may have been the result of an underground or space-based weapons test, but then when they say it rotates it makes me think it's some kind of enormous, camouflaged sensor built into the ground. I have a hard time imagining anybody else investing in building such a thing unless it was military in nature. But who knows. We'll see in time I guess.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), Aragorn (1st September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (1st September 2016), Elen (1st September 2016), Innocent Warrior (1st September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Wind (3rd September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    You would think so wouldn't you but nope, the earliest image for those coordinates is from July 2003 and the eye was there then, as seen below, in the video at the 1:19 mark (or on Google Earth).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmYEZ8FVAM

So it's been there at least 13 years, way too long for it to stay intact like that and not grown over.

Yes, but what I meant was that it clearly hasn't been there for like 1'000 years. Because that would really significantly alter its outline in a perceivable manner — we have to keep in mind that this is not a small patch of land of some 5 meters in diameter, so in order to alter the circumference of something that size by way of natural erosion, it would have to be several hundreds if not thousands of years old.

Unless of course it truly is of extraterrestrial origins — and according to the information you provided in response to my previous post, it's beginning to look like that — because then there might be some forcefield at play which protects the island from any erosive influences. It either way warrants a proper independent investigation, and preferably with some of the bozos from the established scientific academia standing by in order to witness the tests, so that they can't go and debunk it all in the mainstream media afterwards.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), bsbray (2nd September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2016), Elen (2nd September 2016), Innocent Warrior (1st September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016), The One (1st September 2016), Woody (1st September 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Yes, but what I meant was that it clearly hasn't been there for like 1'000 years. Because that would really significantly alter its outline in a perceivable manner — we have to keep in mind that this is not a small patch of land of some 5 meters in diameter, so in order to alter the circumference of something that size by way of natural erosion, it would have to be several hundreds if not thousands of years old.

Unless of course it truly is of extraterrestrial origins — and according to the information you provided in response to my previous post, it's beginning to look like that — because then there might be some forcefield at play which protects the island from any erosive influences. It either way warrants a proper independent investigation, and preferably with some of the bozos from the established scientific academia standing by in order to witness the tests, so that they can't go and debunk it all in the mainstream media afterwards.
    Yeah sorry about the misunderstanding, I was tired and had a daft moment and wasn't even talking about erosion, which looks about right when comparing the first and more recent images. I was thinking of how wild and untamed the nature of that land is and how perfectly that whole form has been preserved over the past 13 years. I'm not as certain about my point this morning though, there may be enough factors to make sense of it, like the size of the whole form and the movement of the island, still pretty strange though.

LOL, if it was something awesome they'd probably still try debunk it anyway.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2016), Aragorn (2nd September 2016), bsbray (2nd September 2016), Cearna (2nd September 2016), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2016), Elen (2nd September 2016), M-Albion-3D (12th September 2016), modwiz (2nd September 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    I've been looking at a mystery near The Eye. There's a ship graveyard not far away and how they got there is a mystery, see video below for more details (duration 2:50).

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsqc0LRzY0

A couple of questions for anyone who's interested in taking a look -

Looking to confirm what I'm seeing here, at the 1:48 mark you can see the name of one of the ships, I'm seeing, "DONA GREGORIA", is that correct?

At the 1:50 mark you can see the name of another much larger ship. I can't see what it says, it's not so clear but perhaps it will make sense to someone who is familiar with Spanish, can anyone read what that says?

A couple of questions for the historians and history enthusiasts -

I don't know much about ships but I'm thinking there are records for all the registered ship names, do you know how far back they go and how thorough they are?

Could I narrow down the time frame of when these ships were in operation by the names? I'm thinking if the language has changed, like english has over time, I could get an idea of when these ships were operating.

It would be interesting to see if any historical records of these ships exist and see what became of them, if possible. I have looked up Dona Gregoria but I'm not getting very far with not being able to read Spanish. Any information would be appreciated.

Some thoughts on what The Eye could be -

I think it's old, perhaps about two thousand years old. It reminds me of the ancient technology being discovered in the Bosnian pyramid, elegant, utilising nature, brilliant. The circle and the water is very powerful energetically and there is testimony of lights in the sky in that area. Here's a short playlist of testimony, each video is about two minutes long. It would make a lot of sense that it's UFO related but I don't think there would be a base underneath, if it is connected to UFOs then it seems too elegant to be concealing a base. It was only a matter of time before it would be discovered and that sort of degree of technology indicates races who would hide bases more effectively, if they needed any at all.

I say it's old because, in the case of it being ET technology, it likely started out as a circle cut out of the land, with no space between the island and the outer circle and the gap seen today would be from erosion. I'm thinking it's more like some sort of structure that would be used to facilitate travel to and from other dimensions and it would still function effectively with the erosion. This would explain the movement of the island, some sort of vortex energy could cause it to spin and would also explain the other paranormal activity in the area.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior, 12th September 2016 at 03:17. Reason: clarified

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (12th September 2016), bsbray (12th September 2016), Cearna (12th September 2016), Dreamtimer (12th September 2016), Elen (12th September 2016), modwiz (12th September 2016)

Thanks
    Looking to confirm what I'm seeing here, at the 1:48 mark you can see the name of one of the ships, I'm seeing, "DONA GREGORIA", is that correct?

At the 1:50 mark you can see the name of another much larger ship. I can't see what it says, it's not so clear but perhaps it will make sense to someone who is familiar with Spanish, can anyone read what that says?
    All I'm seeing is "DONA GREGORIA" in two places. It looks like there's a second ship but I don't see any name on it.

I don't know much about ships but I'm thinking there are records for all the registered ship names, do you know how far back they go and how thorough they are?
    They should be registered somewhere with the Argentine government. Depending on what kind of boat it is and what it was used for, there are different kinds of records, but they are often pretty detailed because the things ships do are usually regulated by the government (trade, fishing, military, etc.). It may or may not be public information. I'm not an expert on boats but these look fairly modern and are made of metal. I would guess they are WW2 era or later. Someone more familiar with boats would know better.

The people in the video are saying that the boats are made of steel, which makes sense. If they were American ships I'd say they were WW2 era by the look of them. They look to me like they could be military ships. I have a feeling that no private enterprise would go out of their way to abandon private ships in the middle of nowhere. You could at least scrap them for money.

Doña Gregoria means "Miss Gregoria" and probably refers to doña Gregoria Matorras, an Argentine historical figure known as the "Grandmother of the Country." Militaries tend to name ships after historical figures.
    Last edited by bsbray, 12th September 2016 at 04:43.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (12th September 2016), Cearna (12th September 2016), Dreamtimer (12th September 2016), Elen (12th September 2016), Innocent Warrior (12th September 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    All I'm seeing is "DONA GREGORIA" in two places. It looks like there's a second ship but I don't see any name on it.

They should be registered somewhere with the Argentine government. Depending on what kind of boat it is and what it was used for, there are different kinds of records, but they are often pretty detailed because the things ships do are usually regulated by the government (trade, fishing, military, etc.). It may or may not be public information. I'm not an expert on boats but these look fairly modern and are made of metal. I would guess they are WW2 era or later. Someone more familiar with boats would know better.

The people in the video are saying that the boats are made of steel, which makes sense. If they were American ships I'd say they were WW2 era by the look of them. They look to me like they could be military ships. I have a feeling that no private enterprise would go out of their way to abandon private ships in the middle of nowhere. You could at least scrap them for money.

Doña Gregoria means "Miss Gregoria" and probably refers to doña Gregoria Matorras, an Argentine historical figure known as the "Grandmother of the Country." Militaries tend to name ships after historical figures.
    Ah, I mistook the name at 1:50 to be from a separate ship because it wasn't all in upper case like on the side. I see a much clearer image of that at 2:10 where I can see it reads Dona GREGORIA so yes, I see now that we only see the name of one ship.

Them being military makes a lot of sense, it also solves the problem of how they got there. They mention that it would be too big of an endeavour to tow them there, but the military would have the resources.

Seems easy enough to check and not so much of a mystery after all.

Thank you.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (12th September 2016), bsbray (12th September 2016), Cearna (12th September 2016), Dreamtimer (12th September 2016), Elen (12th September 2016)

Thanks
    Even if it is the military behind everything in the area it still seems pretty damned mysterious to me. With all the Nazi refugees who fled to Argentina, and the dictatorship they supported there, and all the talk of high-tech Nazi saucers and all that, it's hard to tell what the hell that thing might be.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (12th September 2016), Dreamtimer (12th September 2016), Elen (12th September 2016), Innocent Warrior (12th September 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    I'm not sure if that's in response to what I wrote or if you're adding another possibility Bsbray, but, just in case, when I wrote this -

Seems easy enough to check and not so much of a mystery after all.
    I was referring to the presence of the ships only, not the whole area.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (12th September 2016), bsbray (12th September 2016), Dreamtimer (12th September 2016), Elen (12th September 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I heard a recent report about a frozen river which had a floating, spinning disc of ice in it. A piece breaks off and then the motion and current cause it to spin, the edges smooth out and it becomes a circle. Perhaps a similar kind of process happened with a piece of land.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th February 2019), Aragorn (7th February 2019), Elen (7th February 2019), Kathy (8th February 2019), Kitsune (7th June 2019)