Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Pissed and Annoyed

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    No no no no, it is a joke or a put down of our wee ones, while annoying to me it passes but you appear happy, having a chuckle, thread says annoying and ****ed, geez bangs head against wall yet again
    Honestly, Aianawa, do you not think it is time by now to go and watch a Matt Kahn and meditate, or read a Kyron or even one read some of my channelled messages, your head bangings are gonna damage you, you know, simmer down have a Elen told me, it will all pass and she knows. Put your head on one of our female breasts and let it out boy, let it out, time to survive and go on the Shire thread for a natter instead.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th August 2016), Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (18th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Oh dear oh dear, whats this nonsense, seriousely, does the thread title say, lets have common sense interactions, no, does is say give really good advice, no, does it say help friends, no, it says this is the pi ss ed and annoyed thread, come on in and get it off your chbreast, more head banging continues, dear of dear.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (18th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    This thread is like someone built a cyber outhouse. Pee into the wind Aianawa. And while you are locked out of your bathroom with laxatives working, do a head stand. May a dog mistake you for a tree.

Is that better?
    Last edited by modwiz, 18th August 2016 at 02:51.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th August 2016), Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (18th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), pointessa (18th August 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I'm annoyed at a family member spending three decades telling me, "Oh, you were right. I should have listened to you." Seriously? Decade after decade? Can they not take their own advice? Is it a sop to my feelings? Is it a personal ego stroke so they can point out how grand they are to admit a mistake? What idiocy! This is someone who was supposed to be setting an example. Bunch of crap!

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th August 2016), Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (18th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    This thread is like someone built a cyber outhouse. Pee into the wind Aianawa. And while you are locked out of your bathroom with laxatives working, do a head stand. May a dog mistake you for a tree.

Is that better?
    Okay, let's try again, if you wish to be annoyed at someone, you have available Mr/s Blackpips, , bit of banters good IMO, you not that good at being annoyed, a good thing lol

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Here's one issue that continues to annoy me, and therefore worth repeating — it's a (slightly modified) copy of an earlier post by myself on the Shire thread.

<sarcasm>

Just as a quick heads-up to all of our members, and especially the ones who will be reading neither this post nor the thread it resides on: Malc has recently installed a new add-on to the forum. It's only been around for five years, so chances are that you may not have noticed its presence yet.

This new feature is comprised of a button — or link, if you will — at the bottom left of each post, with the somewhat enigmatic label "Thanks". Unlike what you might suspect from its cryptic name — in our defense, we did not write this software ourselves! — this new feature allows members to show gratitude and/or pay respect to another member for posting something that could, in any shape or form, remotely be of interest to someone other than the person who posted it. Be advised however that the use of this feature does require at least a modicum of sympathy, and that it could potentially also lead certain people to suspect that you might be afflicted with — God forbid! — a disturbing social phenomenon known among anthropologists as a community spirit.

Although there have been rumors that the clicking of the "Thanks" button would be sending an electric shock through your plastic computer mouse, the staff of The One Truth believes these rumors to have been highly exaggerated by the more ardent members of competing forums. So far, none of our test subjects have reported any adverse effects from clicking said button, including test subjects who clicked the "Thanks" button on posts made by someone from outside of their own groupie cult and/or narrow sphere of interest.

The integral staff of The One Truth itself has also yet to experience any electric shocks when clicking the "Thanks" button, but in all honesty, we will admit that we routinely only operate our computer mice while wearing electrically insulating rubber gloves, and as this feature has only been installed five years ago, we do acknowledge that further testing by volunteers with a certified life insurance might be required. Out of a concern for our members' wellbeing, we either way recommend only ever clicking the "Thanks" button with a fully prepared emergency unit standing by in your immediate vicinity!

We apologize for having so rudely interrupted the raising of your vibrations and the integration of your soul. By all means, carry on!

The Staff of The One Truth wishes to apologize for the use of the difficult words in the aquamarine and bold typeface in the above message, but each of those difficult words has a hyperlink behind it, which, when clicked, takes the interested reader to a pertinent, concise and professionally compiled explanation of the scientific theories behind these concepts — courtesy of Wikipedia, the source of all corporately sponsored misinformation and mainstream propaganda.

</sarcasm>

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting any new threads at all anymore. If I post something which is actually on topic for the so-called alternative community — complete with properly embedded links to external references — then they're simply not interested. If I reply directly to a person — with quoted sections from their own post — then they can't even be bothered reading the reply. And Deity Of Choice™ forbid that they'd have to move that friggin' mouse over to the "Thanks" button — they might sprain their elbow or something.

Sometimes I think the whole world has contracted a combination of ADHD and Alzheimers.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th August 2016), Aianawa (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (18th August 2016), pointessa (18th August 2016), The One (18th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting any new threads at all anymore. If I post something which is actually on topic for the so-called alternative community — complete with properly embedded links to external references — then they're simply not interested. If I reply directly to a person — with quoted sections from their own post — then they can't even be bothered reading the reply. And Deity Of Choice™ forbid that they'd have to move that friggin' mouse over to the "Thanks" button — they might sprain their elbow or something.

Sometimes I think the whole world has contracted a combination of ADHD and Alzheimers.

But Aragorn , it really does cheer me up that you say that and arrived at the observation by your own means . Sincerely and without sarcasm .

It's years now that I struggled to participate at these posh and highly organised public forums for about the same reason, more than obviously I ( my inner eye ) do not see and seek what the other people see and seek

Browsing through the all the internet archives frequently there's hardly a topic that's not been discussed before , somewhere else , mostly .. it was last week though . There hardly are any 'new threads' , there are only 'new people' . As a rule of thumb, new people create 'new threads' . Old people like us , attempting to start 'new threads' end up creating 'old threads' because we're functionally inhabited from shedding the total of our memories while replacing them with the newest offer from Intel Chip Microsoft Memory RAM ..

There is probably a way with it but I don't want to try.

And so and while I almost infallibly keep responding to 'people' and see 'people' and their lives running their threads, most people see it cunningly the other way around and they instead, 'see threads' and 'see topics' to keep on going , no matter the people. Bust the people . Keep the thread topic please

So I said to our friend Bill on another forum ( you know , the friend lists that go on and on but don't expect your friends to send you carrots ) who tries to keep his forum meticulously organised , the manner of which we were all taught in the tender age of 6 or so ( and beaten frequently for disturbing the order ) but now we're grown up , two or three times and I so I thought , we're here to talk to people , rather than said 'topics' and 'threads'.

But I see people ( yeah ) signing up everyday , enjoying the simplicity , the beauty of 'creating new threads' and responding to the topics because and after all, 'topics' are safe and inanimate while 'people' can be scary and bite .
    So I mostly enjoy watching them to do so .. and try not to scare them with responding 'to them' whichever can be interpreted as intimidating , cheeky or even as an attempt to break their integrity so I try not to.

But sometimes I do, despite all the risks

My other ,somewhat naive beliefs seem to have something to do with the 'computer intelligence' we are interacting with and number of errors it is theoretically able to sustain and correct without breaking down to nuts , and bolts yet breaking down the meaning . It seems to me that people ( again ) expect and are expected of to do too much here , beyond the essential communication exchange and information sharing .
    The rest of the work ( that includes fixing my grammar ) CAN be done by the computer .

Forums should not represent a first class, not even secondary class of education where adult and supposedly better educated entities are constantly reminded of the way they overwrite their inability to speak , and I mean .. err .. inability to speak to each other .

Close to the end of the paragraph .. and after many years of jihad .. I gave up and expanded my word views , to better accommodate the idea of illiterate masses out there some of whom can actually benefit from what we wrote here , if not now then in future and soothing myself with a sip of coolaid , newly acquired ability to read in some languages previously unknown to me while being comfortably guided by the monotonous structure of everything computerised I'm still ashamed I can not read Mandarin.

You all have my deep admiration for keeping the place running

Getting older every day ...

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th August 2016), Aragorn (18th August 2016), bsbray (18th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (18th August 2016), Elen (18th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (18th August 2016), pointessa (18th August 2016), The One (18th August 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Aianawa, when you said greenbarry's midget joke made you annoyed, it made me rethink the anger and ****edness of this thread.

I'm ****ed too.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Agape (18th August 2016), Aianawa (18th August 2016), Aragorn (18th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (18th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016), The One (18th August 2016)

Thanks
    So far it is a great testimony to this forum IMO, this thread, were your thoughts at first, this could be dangerous ?.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016)

Thanks
    Last edited by Aianawa, 19th August 2016 at 00:13.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Retired Member Australia
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 164 Posts
    Mainstreamers and their ways, their social "etiquette" and their fads really ****es me off, I've completely run out of patience for it and find it a major challenge to tolerate.

Some time in the past few years it became super cool to own a four wheel drive...in the city. O_o This is defintately the most annoying fad so far, worse than FB and their needy little "my family" stickers on their cars, which the majority have taken off their cars now, mustn't be cool anymore. If I want to drive across an intersection and there's a four wheel drive turning left, well that's just too ****ing bad for me coz I can't see shit, same for if I want to turn right, which is 90 percent of the time coz four wheel drives are soooooo cool now.

Oh and I just loooove the way you're supposed to be when interacting with these people because they don't know what to do when you refuse to and they give you that dumb look as they grapple with the oh so very awkward silence. For example, when I went to the hairdressers last time. I needed more shampoo and conditioner and all they had was shampoos and conditioners that cost $80 each. I told them I wasn't paying $160 for some shampoo and conditioner and asked if they had anything cheaper, they sold me some crappy cheap stuff for $15 a bottle. That must be for the poor people or something coz when I told them I wasn't paying that for the good stuff they dead set stood there with this awkward dumb look on their faces (three of them) for no less than 30 seconds, while I just stood there with a deadpan look, with a hint of amusement on my face. I don't know why they found me so uncomfortable to deal with, I thought I did well after having to listen to them talk about their bolt ons for half an hour. I get it though, I'm supposed to tell them something other than, "you have your head up your arse", like ,"oh, no thanks, I don't need any S&C atm" or something less embarrassing for them and, evidently, less embarrassing for myself.

I've become that antisocial woman who never wants to talk to anyone but truly I'm not antisocial at all, I'm just super bored with this one (not TOT, I mean mainstreamers) and couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I just find it all so pathetic and needy and manipulative.

This is bitchy of me I know, what can I say, it brings out the worst in me.
    Last edited by Innocent Warrior, 19th August 2016 at 00:39.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Innocent Warrior For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th August 2016), Aragorn (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), lookbeyond (19th August 2016), modwiz (19th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Supporters of Hillary and her psychopathic views ****es me off. I'd like to return the favor by ****ing on them.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th August 2016), Aragorn (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Innocent Warrior View Post
    Mainstreamers and their ways, their social "etiquette" and their fads really ****es me off, I've completely run out of patience for it and find it a major challenge to tolerate.

Some time in the past few years it became super cool to own a four wheel drive...in the city. O_o This is defintately the most annoying fad so far, worse than FB and their needy little "my family" stickers on their cars, which the majority have taken off their cars now, mustn't be cool anymore. If I want to drive across an intersection and there's a four wheel drive turning left, well that's just too ****ing bad for me coz I can't see shit, same for if I want to turn right, which is 90 percent of the time coz four wheel drives are soooooo cool now.

Oh and I just loooove the way you're supposed to be when interacting with these people because they don't know what to do when you refuse to and they give you that dumb look as they grapple with the oh so very awkward silence. For example, when I went to the hairdressers last time. I needed more shampoo and conditioner and all they had was shampoos and conditioners that cost $80 each. I told them I wasn't paying $160 for some shampoo and conditioner and asked if they had anything cheaper, they sold me some crappy cheap stuff for $15 a bottle. That must be for the poor people or something coz when I told them I wasn't paying that for the good stuff they dead set stood there with this awkward dumb look on their faces (three of them) for no less than 30 seconds, while I just stood there with a deadpan look, with a hint of amusement on my face. I don't know why they found me so uncomfortable to deal with, I thought I did well after having to listen to them talk about their bolt ons for half an hour. I get it though, I'm supposed to tell them something other than, "you have your head up your arse", like ,"oh, no thanks, I don't need any S&C atm" or something less embarrassing for them and, evidently, less embarrassing for myself.

I've become that antisocial woman who never wants to talk to anyone but truly I'm not antisocial at all, I'm just super bored with this one (not TOT, I mean mainstreamers) and couldn't be bothered with it anymore. I just find it all so pathetic and needy and manipulative.

This is bitchy of me I know, what can I say, it brings out the worst in me.
    OMG you think like me.. i dont even go the the stupid hairdresser any more coz they are so freaking annoying and i can do a better job myself

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lookbeyond For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th August 2016), Aragorn (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (19th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Innocent Warrior View Post

Some time in the past few years it became super cool to own a four wheel drive...in the city. O_o This is defintately the most annoying fad so far, worse than FB and their needy little "my family" stickers on their cars, which the majority have taken off their cars now, mustn't be cool anymore. If I want to drive across an intersection and there's a four wheel drive turning left, well that's just too ****ing bad for me coz I can't see shit, same for if I want to turn right, which is 90 percent of the time coz four wheel drives are soooooo cool now. [...]
    And most of the vehicles you describe here-above — they are referred to as SUVs ("sports utility vehicles"), by the way — aren't actually 4-wheel drive. They just look like they are, but they are generally front-wheel-driven and they don't have any low-range gears. If they were to go off-road, they'd get stuck in the first slab of mud they'd come across.

What those things are is, indeed, a fad — following the preceding "people movers" fad, e.g. Renault Espace, Renault Megane Scenic, Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Zafira, and similar vehicles — and they also serve as penis extenders for wannabe bullies. (Real bullies drive BMWs, of course; those are the ultimate alpha male cars.)

So, you're driving on the highway in your normal, sensibly sized car — in the fastest lane, because both the slow and middle lanes are taken up by slow-moving "tractor & trailer" combos — and then you look into your rear-view mirror and there's one of those things coming up behind you, sticking to your bumper, as if to say "Get out of my f***ing way, you midget!" They are bully cars, meant to intimidate by their size. And the idiots who own them typically also operate them — and expect them to handle corners — as if they were sports cars. "A high center of gravity? Wazzat?"

Speaking of the "tractor & trailer" trucks — or "lorries", as the British say — here in Europe, all trucks (and buses) above an empty weight of 3'500 kg must be fitted with an electronic speed limiter and may not be capable of driving any faster than 90 km/h. And given that the European economic infrastructure heavily depends upon international transport by trucks, most of those trucks are also fitted with a cruise control system. If you don't know what cruise control is, it's an electronic system which allows the vehicle to maintain a constant speed, regardless of whether you're going uphill or downhill and regardless of the chosen gear, so that you can take your foot off the throttle. So what those drivers then do, is set their cruise control for maximum speed — i.e. 90 km/h, or approximately 56 mph for those of you dwelling west of the Atlantic Ocean.

The problem however is, 90 km/h as measured in one vehicle is not the same thing as 90 km/h in another vehicle. So in practice, you've then got a truck doing 86.2 km/h in the rightmost lane, and another truck coming up behind it, doing 87.3 km/h. And both of them are driving with cruise control engaged. So what do you think is going to happen? Will the driver of the faster truck put his lame foot on the brake pedal, you think? Nope, no way. He switches on his turn signal and overtakes the slower truck.

So what you then get, on a highway with three lanes going in each direction and with the maximum allowed speed being 120 km/h in most European countries (except for Germany), is a wall of two trucks driving side by side at approximately 90 km/h, with the truck in the middle lane needing about 3 minutes or so — if not longer! — before it has finally overtaken the slower truck in the rightmost lane. And then you are coming up behind of that in your normal passenger car, doing 120 km/h and driving — as the law mandates — in the rightmost lane as much as possible.

So in order to overtake that slow-moving mass represented by the two trucks driving side by side, you're going to have to move from the rightmost lane all the way over to the leftmost lane. And don't even think that the other passenger car drivers are going to let you, because the idiots who are already driving in the leftmost lane are not going to hit their brakes for you either.

And then there's the problem of getting on and off the highway. Those trucks are driving with cruise control engaged, and even though the law mandates that they should maintain a sufficiently safe distance between them, they're generally only a few passenger car lengths apart. Try to squeeze yourself into that small gap, with the end of the highway entry ramp approaching fast...!

By the way, if you want to drive really fast, don't even think about buying a Lamborghini, a Ferrari, a McLaren, a Bugatti, a Koenigsegg or some other exotic supercar. Scientific research has determined that the fastest vehicle in the world is a white van, although my personal experience has taught me that black, blue and grey vans have the same performance characteristics.

Q: What would you see in your rear-view mirror if you were driving on the highway at the speed of light?
    A: The flashing headlights of the white van behind you, urging you to get out of its way.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Dreamtimer (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), modwiz (19th August 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Aragorn, you're so spot on with the BMW comment. My sister-in-law pointed out to me that she'd come to the conclusion that people who drive BMWs are assholes.

The SUV thing is so right. I drive a minivan and have had to maneuver around these vehicles in bad conditions like icy roads because people don't know how to drive them. This happens each winter. Silly fools with their big machines...

#Hold Your Breath for Justice

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th August 2016), Aragorn (19th August 2016), bsbray (19th August 2016), Cearna (19th August 2016), Elen (19th August 2016), Innocent Warrior (19th August 2016), jonsnow (8th September 2016), pointessa (20th August 2016)