Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

Thread: ****ed and Annoyed

Thanks
    Thanked 15,969 Times in 3,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Sad to hear this. But ultimately we are really on our own...nobody can else can do the lesson but you. The hero in the story has to be you.
    Amen .
    Whatever is true. Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable. Anything of excellence and worthy of praise. Dwell on these things. Jesus Christ (I agree)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (22nd April 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (22nd April 2018), NotAPretender (22nd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,140 Times in 3,956 Posts
    Like ffs will we ever reach 1400 members

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), modwiz (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,969 Times in 3,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aianawa View Post
    Two more will do it! So not too long now.
    Whatever is true. Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable. Anything of excellence and worthy of praise. Dwell on these things. Jesus Christ (I agree)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), modwiz (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,628 Times in 5,634 Posts
    Quality is far more important than quantity. Far more.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 42,198 Times in 10,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Two more will do it! So not too long now.
    As the matter of fact, there are two registrations in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue, but so long as they don't click the link in that registration confirmation email, we can't regard them as people who want to be members here.

And for that matter, even if they do click the link, then that still doesn't mean that they'll ever come back. A lot of registrations — and this applies to just about every other forum on the internet as well — are actually drive-by registrations. People stumble upon our forum, then in an impulse decide to sign up, and then by the next day they've already long forgotten that they have, or why.

The whole of society has already long been slipping into a kind of attention deficit disorder. Or maybe it's a collective affliction with Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by modwiz View Post
    Quality is far more important than quantity. Far more.
    I absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with that.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), modwiz (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    As the matter of fact, there are two registrations in the "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" queue, but so long as they don't click the link in that registration confirmation email, we can't regard them as people who want to be members here.

And for that matter, even if they do click the link, then that still doesn't mean that they'll ever come back. A lot of registrations — and this applies to just about every other forum on the internet as well — are actually drive-by registrations. People stumble upon our forum, then in an impulse decide to sign up, and then by the next day they've already long forgotten that they have, or why.

The whole of society has already long been slipping into a kind of attention deficit disorder. Or maybe it's a collective affliction with Alzheimer's.
    Participation trophy social engineering does not promote follow-up.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,838 Times in 1,935 Posts
    Less members would mean that people have graduated from groundhog day and gone out into the planet to live.

Maybe.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 23rd April 2018 at 15:21.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), jcocks (16th May 2018), modwiz (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
    Less members would mean that people have graduated from groundhog day and gone out into the planet to live.

Maybe.
    I like that. A lot.

However, with some optimism, forums do provide an opportunity for people to meet and make use of modern tech to speak with face and voice to have in depth, meaningful conversations that can lead to real world interactions with greater wisdom. Flailing about in the world is a problem in itself. One that is exploited by gooberments and their ilk. Coherence is the antidote to entropy.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (23rd April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018), PurpleLama (23rd April 2018)

Senior Member United States Dumpster Diver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,741 Times in 2,376 Posts
    Groundhog Day! One of my top 10 movies of all time...
    "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the object of your anger to die” ~ Anon
    "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." ~Yogi Berra
    "You can observe a lot by just watching." ~Yogi Berra
    “When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.” ~Will Rogers
    "If life gives you melons...you might be dyslexic" ~ Aixelsyd Dnarber

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Elen (24th April 2018), modwiz (24th April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,528 Times in 498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    My husband got pissy in Ireland over a discussion about who was a guest artist in a song. He couldn't recall who it was but he knew I was wrong. When we stopped to get something to eat and I didn't want anything he walked off in a huff, leaving me behind.

At night. In a foreign country. Because he's being a pissy bitch.

Such is the way of things.

I followed behind just enough to keep him in sight. He never looked back.

The irony is he only hurts himself by acting this way.

The toughest lesson I've had to learn in life is that there is one person, ultimately, who has my back. And that's me. The people who I should have been able to trust in life have all broken trust in a profound way: father, mother, brother, sister-in-law, husband.

But not my son. He would never betray me. And ultimately, he matters most. He'll be around long after I'm gone. (hopefully)
    Sorry to hear this. Sorry that you endure watching him hurting.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd April 2018), Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (24th April 2018), modwiz (24th April 2018), NotAPretender (23rd April 2018)

Thanks
    And well done for not joining him, great self mastery imo

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd April 2018), Dreamtimer (24th April 2018), Dumpster Diver (23rd April 2018), Elen (24th April 2018), modwiz (24th April 2018), NotAPretender (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by modwiz View Post
    I like that. A lot.

However, with some optimism, forums do provide an opportunity for people to meet and make use of modern tech to speak with face and voice to have in depth, meaningful conversations that can lead to real world interactions with greater wisdom. Flailing about in the world is a problem in itself. One that is exploited by gooberments and their ilk. Coherence is the antidote to entropy.
    Indeed, I see this, yet we all did notice that something was a foot. In our own ways, in our own time, so now I attempt to highlight that fine line.
    That one where all that is is expressing itself and finding those balances. In which the greater teacher visits everybody from time to time, asking if they are ready for their next class.
    On the personal scale to the global scale, groups, communities, nations, blah blah blah.
    I am a firm believer in the dynamic that folk are often deaf or blind to the knocking on their own door. Individual, group, or species.
    The teacher knocks and when not heard, goes away for a while only to return to knock longer and louder.
    A common reoccuring thing I witness is people trying to take away people's lessons. Or to muffle the noise of the knocking because of their own sensitivities and shortcomings. Maybe sometimes lessons are intertwined by the great teacher, I dont think that is always the case.

So the choices to make change come to people, as options. Maybe they have weight, but this will be from the person having a genuine emotional engagement with their narrative. Not one forced on them by do gooders or villains alike. Often we see people jump in to distort with their own half formed lessons. Collectively we have made our own tangles. Blindly wandering through the ages.

Half of these evil controllers people seek to put in their gunsights, are just bumbling humans, the most severe specimens of the tangled sickness our collective timelines have created together. Holding each other back, sharing wounds.

The evangelist knocks on the door to spread their will, be it good or bad. But they are sick, caught in their own fears and innaccuracies, projecting their fearson others. Maybe they have a message which is universal and valuable underneath it all, but what has tended to happen is that their promotion of one thing, often has the opposite effect and they are seen as an embarrassment or an roadsign to avoid.

People wail and look at the whirled within the earth and wish for their experience to be better and so set forth to change it, to remove all the unfinished tangles, to be saviours of what they deem to be wrong. The butterfly effect of course, for just a start, but more than that maybe.

Some keep repeating the same thing, causing others to be caught within that blanket of rammifications. When one leaves the fold and sits on their mountain to observe, which part is left down there to assist? And is it the assistance to the continuation of the tangle? or a going with the flow not creating more knots if it can be helped? or does the individual or group on the mountain completely withdraw and think, "this is it! This is how we avoid karma"? Or is that abandonment?

When is right, the right thing to do, and when is nothing the right thing to do? We all must know it is our inner knowing. But so frequently that inner knowing is tainted still isn't it. This is what is meant by know yourself. It is not a woo woo unreachable notion for self gratification, it is simple tuning and mechanics. And further, we all often know ourselves. Eventually. Like later after a while of thinking it over, one can understand how and why things happened, and attempt to adjust if needed or absorb or whatever. The closer in time frame that the person realises themselves the more they might be said to be living in the moment. Another affirmation which when recited and heard and not understood, can actually drive people away from seeking understanding.

Maye all roads lead to Rome. What is ones beliefs in what Rome is. Now it represents something not so favourable, perhaps the society we have. But for some, back in the day, it represented great progress and achievement in civility. Perception.
    The ones who weather the great storms with no protection can become great. It may be at a negative or positive relationship to the good of all. Again, choice and perspective and perhaps chance. Maybe someone interferred and distorted lessons for either persons result. The antagonist, becomes the protagonist. The protagonist becomes the antagonist.

Did those on the mountain cause anything by their abandonment of the game being played out?
    Will they have greater things to offer when they come down?
    Do they need to come down, does the mountain hold all the answers or is it too eventually going to be a trap fallen into?
    Togetherness. Together, pour scorn on those souls who have been entangled, seek them out and point at them as the causes... would that behaviour be the behaviour of someone who has evolved...Who is aware of themself as others?
    So there is a point in which division is created by those claiming togetherness. Fights as to who is the most evolved and knowing.
    Are these higher level lessons? Or just the same ones unlearnt and repackaged. Constant vigilance.
    Today I will make mistakes, and I celebrate them, for it is a chance to learn. Come everyone and share and celebrate in my failures for they hold the ultimate wisdoms.

This should have gone in Maggies rant thread.
    Last edited by enjoy being, 24th April 2018 at 01:55.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th April 2018), Aragorn (24th April 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Dumpster Diver (25th April 2018), Elen (24th April 2018), Maggie (24th April 2018), modwiz (24th April 2018), NotAPretender (24th April 2018), Wind (24th April 2018)

Thanks
    Everyone being repeatedly invited to share in the embarrassment that is, gushing over the British royal family.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th May 2018), Aragorn (16th May 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Elen (16th May 2018), modwiz (16th May 2018), NotAPretender (16th May 2018)

Thanks
    Dirtup, very simple, the old if only people knew, But as elsewhere, there is ones who changed sides, dirtup will eventually cause that, the dirt/dark/evil etc comes up, out, to clear.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th May 2018), Dreamtimer (16th May 2018), Elen (16th May 2018), enjoy being (16th May 2018), modwiz (16th May 2018), NotAPretender (16th May 2018)

Thanks
    Lol how hard it would be to be pro royal in these times if you know plus knew.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th May 2018), Elen (17th May 2018), enjoy being (17th May 2018), modwiz (17th May 2018)