Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Go: Neuro-Linguistic Programming - Mind Control

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    Who knows the truth of the report but a friend of mine who has worked for the defense department and is not prone to gossip said a paper in New Hampshire has informed people that using the Pokeman Go software gives it access to your entire computer including contacts. In other words, it might be able to take control of your computer. At a minimum it can "see" everything you have on it. This may not be a concern.
    Actually, that rumor is incorrect, Brother, regardless of how fast it has spread across the internet.

First of all, the Pokémon Go software is an app for hand-held devices such as smartphones, tablets and the likes, not for PCs or similar machines. And what it does have access to, is your GMail account, if you have one. This includes any and all contacts you have stored in the address book of your GMail account. But it does not have access to anything beyond that.

What is also true, is that the Pokémon Go software absolutely requires making use of the GPS functionality of your smartphone, because it needs to be able to map your physical whereabouts onto the virtual reality map with the whereabouts of the Pokémon you must find, so as to create the augmented reality experience which is at the core of the game. And of course, this means that Pokémon Go players can at all times be tracked while they are playing the game — which, considering the madness and addiction that the game has brought about, pretty much means 24/7.

Another thing which is true — albeit that it's only sideways related — is that there is a fake Pokémon Go app circulating at the moment, which is only masquerading as the real game, but then locks your screen and demands that you pay a certain amount of money into some sinister account — probably by way of Bitcoins. In other words, it's ransomware, but this app does not come from the makers of Pokémon Go and does not function for playing the game. It simply disguises itself as the official Pokémon Go app when you install it and then locks up your device when you start the app.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

aKnightThatSaysNi (20th July 2016), Amanda (18th July 2016), bsbray (17th July 2016), Collidescope (20th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), RealityCreation (1st August 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Actually, that rumor is incorrect, Brother, regardless of how fast it has spread across the internet.

First of all, the Pokémon Go software is an app for hand-held devices such as smartphones, tablets and the likes, not for PCs or similar machines. And what it does have access to, is your GMail account, if you have one. This includes any and all contacts you have stored in the address book of your GMail account. But it does not have access to anything beyond that.

What is also true, is that the Pokémon Go software absolutely requires making use of the GPS functionality of your smartphone, because it needs to be able to map your physical whereabouts onto the virtual reality map with the whereabouts of the Pokémon you must find, so as to create the augmented reality experience which is at the core of the game. And of course, this means that Pokémon Go players can at all times be tracked while they are playing the game — which, considering the madness and addiction that the game has brought about, pretty much means 24/7.

Another thing which is true — albeit that it's only sideways related — is that there is a fake Pokémon Go app circulating at the moment, which is only masquerading as the real game, but then locks your screen and demands that you pay a certain amount of money into some sinister account — probably by way of Bitcoins. In other words, it's ransomware, but this app does not come from the makers of Pokémon Go and does not function for playing the game. It simply disguises itself as the official Pokémon Go app when you install it and then locks up your device when you start the app.
    Thank you for the clarification. My friend does like to make herself appear more informed than the rest of us owing to her former security clearances but, she has shown some real gullibility regarding certain "events". I am pleased to be given the correction.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (17th July 2016), bsbray (17th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), RealityCreation (1st August 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    The NSA can already access whatever it wants, either in terms of Internet traffic or files stored on a hard drive connected to the Internet, even if the computer is turned off. The blogger "Jim Stone" (who claims to have worked in the intelligence industry before becoming an expatriot and moving to Mexico) explains how exactly they accomplish this. There is collusion with intelligence interests right out of the factories that make your computer chips, so the backdoors are in the hardware and not just the software. It's basically unavoidable. If you read the details in the specifications of these chips they even show how this would be possible, though I don't remember the specifics off hand. This is probably why China is developing its own hardware from scratch, and its own software for that hardware, to avoid NSA back doors in all of their computers. Also the NRO and no doubt NSA have access to the US military satellites that can read your license plate from space, and take scans of the insides of buildings as well, so they don't need Pokemon Go for that either.

If anyone is interested in gathering data then it's either totally redundant and unnecessary, or else it's a separate faction that doesn't have access to what the NSA does, and has to gather information on their own. Could be a corporate interest for purely business reasons or it could be a separate intelligence group, and I personally suspect the latter.

I think the game itself is a good thing overall. I grew up in the 1990's so I was part of the original Pokemon generation. Everybody from about my age down is walking around looking at their phones, people are recognizing what each other is doing, and comfortable socializing is going on with strangers. Though I don't own a smart phone I am seeing this all over the local university town. My grandparents' generation was a lot more friendly with strangers because everyone mostly knew each other and there wasn't the same kind of thing you see today where people in public can be really creeped out if a stranger says anything to them at all. People are too paranoid of each other in public today in general I think, especially since the "War on Terror" started under Bush. It's good that the younger generations are opening up and realizing how much they have in common with each other, and that it's really okay to talk to random people you see in public. We need less fear-based interactions. We're all in this together, trying to get out from under the thumb of sociopathic rulers.

Also the exercise isn't hurting these kids either.
    Last edited by bsbray, 17th July 2016 at 23:46.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), modwiz (17th July 2016), Novusod (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016), Wind (18th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    The NSA can already access whatever it wants, either in terms of Internet traffic or files stored on a hard drive connected to the Internet, even if the computer is turned off. The blogger "Jim Stone" (who claims to have worked in the intelligence industry before becoming an expatriot and moving to Mexico) explains how exactly they accomplish this. There is collusion with intelligence interests right out of the factories that make your computer chips, so the backdoors are in the hardware and not just the software. It's basically unavoidable. This is probably why China is developing its own hardware from scratch, and its own software for that hardware, to avoid NSA back doors in all of their computers. Also the NRO and no doubt NSA have access to the US military satellites that can read your license plate from space, and take scans of the insides of buildings as well, so they don't need Pokemon Go for that either.

If anyone is interested in gathering data then it's either totally redundant and unnecessary, or else it's a separate faction that doesn't have access to what the NSA does, and has to gather information on their own. Could be a corporate interest for purely business reasons or it could be a separate intelligence group, and I personally suspect the latter.

I think the game itself is a good thing overall. I grew up in the 1990's so I was part of the original Pokemon generation. Everybody from about my age down is walking around looking at their phones, people are recognizing what each other is doing, and comfortable socializing is going on with strangers. Though I don't own a smart phone I am seeing this all over the local university town. My grandparents' generation was a lot more friendly with strangers because everyone mostly knew each other and there wasn't the same kind of thing you see today where people in public can be really creeped out if a stranger says anything to them at all. People are too paranoid of each other in public today in general I think, especially since the "War on Terror" started under Bush. It's good that the younger generations are opening up and realizing how much they have in common with each other, and that it's really okay to talk to random people you see in public. We need less fear-based interactions. We're all in this together, trying to get under the thumb of sociopathic rulers.

Also the exercise isn't hurting these kids either.
    One of the things I like about Floyd is most people say hello, or nod, and wave from their cars while passing on the smaller roads. Complete strangers routinely do this. I really enjoy it.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), bsbray (17th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Yes, I like that aspect of culture here too. Even the younger generations still nod at each other (men at least) to acknowledge strangers in public, wave people to go on first at intersections, and those kinds of things. But we inherited this from the older generations and we're losing a lot of what it used to be like.

When my grandma goes out where she lives, she is still always saying, "there's so-and-so" ... "there's old so-and-so" ... 'there's so-and-so's wife/daughter/son/husband/brother/sister"... She knows just about everybody from her generation in town.

If we had more of that openness to get to know people in our local communities, a lot of the violence and other problems we always see would probably be dramatically reduced. People have more in common than they realize.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), modwiz (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016), Wind (18th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Excellent discussion here - fantastic. I would like to thank everyone for the posts and the clarification of information. While I will always respect and understand the opinions and thoughts of others - I still have deep concern and reservations with regard to the current trend of playing Pokemon Go.

First I want to mention the fact that I am fully aware that all our technology is monitored. A few years ago I experienced the equivalent of the American GWEN system in action. While working on my computer and engaged in a computer chat - my landline rang (silent/unlisted) then my mobile and my landline again. I managed to get to the phone to hear a message about an approaching bushfire. While I am grateful for the message and immediately ensured my pets were safe. This is what happened - I made arrangements to drive to the next town, to the safety of the house of a friend.

Spoke to my immediate neighbours - neither of whom had a plan - so I shared mine. In the interim the husband of one of my neighbours phoned her and stated he was at the location of the stated 'bushfire' and it was just a very small grass fire. One that could easily have been put out by anyone with a garden hose. Although I took the call seriously I felt it was a practice run. Then there are the video clips of people sitting in a picture theatre and during the movie - EVERY mobile phone goes off....

The game is not a game. It is undoubtedly a practice run - to see who is mind controlled and who is not. Someone without a name states that agoraphobic people are getting outside - that got me thinking critically. Please stay with me as I explain. Just as one example - the person has been diagnosed with a disorder for the irrational fear of open spaces. Let's explore that a little shall we?

A person who fears open places - could that be a subliminal effect of mind control? Does the agoraphobic person look at the television news and read newspapers and have a psyche filled with images of what happens to people in open places? Yet - miraculously that person can walk outside with a hand held device and apparently conquer their mental illness. I have questions - lots of questions.

As a side note - I know that via our personal technology - we are all monitored. I live my life without the fear of acknowledging that fact but as it has been mentioned within this thread I want to state very clearly; I know that mobile phones and computers can be monitored by those who control and manage the technological systems. I know that our computers can be hacked by those with expert skills. I even have a friend who has worked in government his entire life, he has stated to me many time: 'We are all being monitored.'

The current game - we know who created it but let's ask how the trend commenced. It started like most trends, people were primed and in all probability paid to get the process started. Nothing on this planet happens without assistance - does it?

I sincerely hope that people who are running around with a hand held device - trying to catch imaginary beings/computer generated images realise that they are under the control of that small device. Let's ponder that thought shall we? If the small hand held device was not in their hands - what would they be doing? I imagine that they would be speaking to other people in person. People would be knocking on the door of the person with agoraphobia and gently helping them - via patience and kindness - to venture out into the world if even just outside to breathe the air for a few moments. To tell me an agoraphobic conquered a mental illness with the assistance of a hand held device - well that just confirms my opinion that the stated device is controlling people.

Each to her/his own but my opinion remains the same and if anything - the discussion within this thread has confirmed my understanding of the Neuro Linguistic Mind Control. Let me complete this post with a question: If you were mind controlled, how would you know?

Much Peace - as we continue to seek the answers for all our questions - Amanda

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th July 2016), bsbray (18th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), modwiz (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    The game is not a game. It is undoubtedly a practice run - to see who is mind controlled and who is not. Someone without a name states that agoraphobic people are getting outside - that got me thinking critically. Please stay with me as I explain. Just as one example - the person has been diagnosed with a disorder for the irrational fear of open spaces. Let's explore that a little shall we?

A person who fears open places - could that be a subliminal effect of mind control? Does the agoraphobic person look at the television news and read newspapers and have a psyche filled with images of what happens to people in open places? Yet - miraculously that person can walk outside with a hand held device and apparently conquer their mental illness. I have questions - lots of questions.
    People should at least be looking up from their phone every couple of seconds as they're walking, both to avoid walking into traffic or over a cliff (as some people apparently already have, for real) and also to break up the effect it's having on their brain. Just 30 seconds of TV puts people into a beta state if I remember right, where they are more relaxed and not thinking as critically anymore. It's easy for people to get sucked into these games and I'm sure it has a similar effect on brain function as TV does.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), modwiz (18th July 2016), Novusod (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016), Wind (18th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 165 Posts
    I am in no way advocating this, but it's an interesting story nonetheless. My 18yo nephew was in Los Angeles last week with a friend (visiting the friend's brother his family) and he and the friend went out late at night for a "walk," playing the Pokemon game. They came across a man beating his wife badly in their front yard - the woman was bloody with a broken nose, broken jaw and a lot of other damage. The man took off, and my nephew went chasing after him (also not advocating - he got lucky the man didn't have a weapon) while his friend stayed with the wife and called the police. My nephew tackled the man down and was able to sit on him and restrain him until the police arrived. Completely coincidental, but interesting still.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

aKnightThatSaysNi (20th July 2016), Amanda (18th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), bsbray (18th July 2016), Cearna (18th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), Elen (18th July 2016), modwiz (18th July 2016), Novusod (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016), Wind (18th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Rebel and Rocket, wow. Good story.

I wonder about the brain function thing, bsbray. TV is very passive while playing these games is more active. I would think the effect on the brain would be different.

When I play a computer game for a significant amount of time I go through a variety of states including anxiety and excitement, depending on what's transpiring in the game. If I play too much I begin to dream that I'm playing the game. That's when I lay off for a while. It's certainly a different state than when watching TV.

I think I'll see what studies have been done...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), bsbray (18th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

When I play a computer game for a significant amount of time I go through a variety of states including anxiety and excitement, depending on what's transpiring in the game. If I play too much I begin to dream that I'm playing the game. That's when I lay off for a while. It's certainly a different state than when watching TV.

I think I'll see what studies have been done...
    I think that is a wise choice, Dreamtimer. I do love games, myself, but have stayed away from them for a while, although I prefer the non violent ones.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th July 2016), Aragorn (18th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I wonder about the brain function thing, bsbray. TV is very passive while playing these games is more active. I would think the effect on the brain would be different.
    That's a good point, so it may be different because of that. Someone has probably done studies already. But something definitely changes in the brain, because if I get sucked into an addictive game, it's like a tractor beam.

With a quick Google search I found this study from the University of Toronto, which seems to indicate that the type of video game determines what the effect is on the brain:

University of Toronto researchers have discovered playing an action video game causes differences in brain activity and improvements in visual attention.

A team led by psychology professor Dr. Ian Spence discovered the brain changes occur even when an individual engages the game for a relatively short period.

Previous studies have found differences in brain activity between action video game players and non-players, but these could have been attributed to pre-existing differences in the brains of those predisposed to playing video games and those who avoid them.

Researchers say the current experiment is the first to show that the brain changes were directly related to playing video games.

In the study, 25 subjects — who had not previously played videogames — played a game for a total of 10 hours in one- to two-hour sessions. Sixteen of the subjects played a first-person shooter game and, as a control, nine subjects played a three-dimensional puzzle game.

Researchers measured individuals’ brain waves before and after playing the games. Brain waves were recorded when subjects tried to detect a target object among other distractions over a wide visual field.

Subjects who played the shooter video game showed the greatest improvement on the visual attention task and also exhibited significant changes in their brain waves. The remaining subjects — including those who had played the puzzle game — did not.

“After playing the shooter game, the changes in electrical activity were consistent with brain processes that enhance visual attention and suppress distracting information,” said Sijing Wu, a Ph.D. student and lead author of the study.

“Studies in different labs, including here at the University of Toronto, have shown that action video games can improve selective visual attention, such as the ability to quickly detect and identify a target in a cluttered background,” said Spence. “But nobody has previously demonstrated that there are differences in brain activity which are a direct result of playing the video game.”

“Superior visual attention is crucial in many important everyday activities,” added Spence. “It’s necessary for things such as driving a car, monitoring changes on a computer display, or even avoiding tripping while walking through a room with children’s toys scattered on the floor.”

The study will appear in the June 2012 issue of the Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, published by MIT Press.
    http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/04...ves/37927.html

So there's one advantage to playing FPS's I guess.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th July 2016), Aragorn (19th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), Dreamtimer (18th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    First person perspective in games makes me nauseous. I played a game once where I had to run up and down a spiral staircase and it made me feel really sick. I am prone to motion sickness. It's worst on boats/ships and the backseat on a curvy road can be a problem.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Amanda (19th July 2016), Aragorn (19th July 2016), bsbray (18th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), Elen (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Rebel & Rocket - interesting. As always I respect your story but these are my thoughts. Two young men 'happen' to be right where a physical assault was occurring. Hmmm... two young citizens doing the work of Police. I imagine that the two young men would have by now made Police statements and be involved within an investigation and formal charges??? They would also have taken photographic images - given that Pokemon Go needs a camera to permit access to the GPS that controls the game and thus the people engaged in the game????

As a former operational Police officer - it was never my experience to attend a physical assault that was not reported by a neighbour. Neighbours will reports a domestic arguement that does not even wake a sleeping baby... and ...yet two young men chance upon a violent physical assault. Co-incidence, crisis actors, completely controlled actions of the two young men????

All I am doing is asking questions. I do this to ensure my brain is actively thinking and not dulled into a state of acceptance. When we accept anything without question - we have entered the sleeper state.

Please keep us updated as to how the two young men fare when the court case commences. I am pleased that they came to no harm. I still feel as strongly as ever that Pokemon Go has many layers and is not merely a game. Right now I am asking myself how did the two young men chance upon the violence - and - I factor in that they were already under the control of the game? Were their reactions those of 'capture' exactly as the game expects? I have been shown how the ball needs to be flicked at the Pokemon character and when captured it is encapsulated into a ball. Apparently they can escape but once the ball stops jiggling the character is considered captured.

Can I at least get you to entertain the notion that the two young men were controlled by the game and when a 'real' scenario happened they were already in the mindset to 'capture' the character?? You are right that they are lucky that a weapon was not involved - or - even someone muscular with ample physical strength or pumped on drugs. Lucky or 'watched' over by those who control the game???

Great to see the critical thought that is being injected into this thread. I too have noted that television can really enter into the depths of the mind of the viewer. It is after all beam ray technology. The hand held games devices and mobile phones are no different. Excuse the vulgar parlance but in Australia we have an adage: Same s**t different smell. (Cheeky grin) Got to keep a sense of humour in this era.

Much Peace - as we continue to ask questions and share information - Amanda

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), Dreamtimer (19th July 2016), Elen (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 165 Posts
    Hi Amanda.

They did actually "happen" upon it - and I only know this for certain because one of them was my nephew, who I know well. I had lunch with him today, actually, and we discussed it further. I don't know how involved in an investigation the boys will be... Unfortunately, heart-breakingly, my nephew said that the police told them, "Thanks, but you went to a lot of trouble for nothing." Apparently, this was something that happens often with this couple. The police told the boys that they are called out constantly and she lets him back in the house by the next day.

BUT - that is a very, very interesting thought - that they could have been in the "mode" to capture and that's why they acted as they did. I mean, really - out walking around a neighborhood playing Pokemon is not exactly what you'd expect 2 18yo boys to be doing at 11pm. These 2 really are good kids, but I was very surprised that my nephew would endanger himself the way he did to "catch a bad guy." It's reckless and dangerous, although another of my nephew's friends committed suicide recently due to being bullied, so he is very, very sensitive to the plight of the underdog right now. Still, behavior I instantly thought was out of character for him. So, yes, I would definitely consider it.

I see though that I didn't really say a word about my own thoughts about the dangers of this game, and I think my story may have appeared to have an unintended bias. I don't want my own kids touching the game. Anything - absolutely anything - can be used for evil, and potentially evil it wasn't intended for. The same is true of the opposite, which is why many of us are so suspicious of all technology.

The example of what TV does to you is a good one, but I see this more working on the same chase and reward system that slot machines use these days. It doesn't take much to get hooked.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rebel&Rocket For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), Elen (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Rebel & Rocket - Great response thank you. The fact the Police will not prefer charges and put the matter before a court does not surprise me although in Australian the Domestic Violence legislation is very clear and very rigid. In Australia - Police would have attended the assault and would have to follow procedure and place the matter before the court - no exceptions.

Strange world we live in and again I am pleased that your nephew and his friend were not harmed. As for the couple we can only hope they find their way in life.

Much Peace - Amanda

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (19th July 2016), Elen (19th July 2016), sandy (19th July 2016), The One (19th July 2016)