Thread: Asking For Honesty: What Are Your Thoughts....

Senior Member Falkland Islands Dear Reader's Avatar
    Thanks

Asking For Honesty: What Are Your Thoughts....

...... About the coming 12 months?

I feel that 2020 has been one, big, chess move by the Globalists'. There's no need to go into the minutiae, we all know what's gone on, what's changed going forward and where this path we're on is likely headed.

But.............

I, for one, am going to start giving a lot of this alternative news a body swerve. For a long, long time now I have always questioned the "official narrative", no matter in relation to what, whether it be a suspicious accident, to terrorist events, to........ Whatever. Always looked for an alternative source to try and get a more balanced view of things. Lately though, lately, I've found myself wondering if I am any better off for knowing that, say, Bill Gates dis not have the native Africans' best interests at heart when he went into Africa with his vaccinations and laid waste to thousands of men, women and children. My good friend's 80-odd year old mother had seen or heard of this African trip of Gates's and had commented how nice it was for a man so rich to be worried about trying to help a lot of impoverished people. Obviously she'd seen the MSM's version of the story. You catch my drift.

Ultimately, am I in any sort of advantageous position knowing that things are far from what they seem? What do I do about it?? What do I physically do about these things???

NOTHING.

And this is the crux of my wondering out aloud. I know all this stuff, supposedly, about what the Grand Plan is (imbedded micro-chips, cashless society, AI decision makers, constant tracking, etc, etc), how there are too many of us so a reduction may be required, we are just seen as "useless eaters" by the 1%. And even knowing that given the choice, that 1% would likely get rid of a lot of us in a flash, I still do nothing about it.

SO.

Given that over the last 2 years my life has completely changed, whereas I was in a very settled, long (28yr), safe, nuclear family of my own, with my own home, company, cars etc, to now being "on my own" (not really true per se, I have no partner now, my young adult children are close at hand) I'm in a pretty good position to do what I want. I'm fairly young-ish, bellow 50, so have my own mind to do what I desire. And I've concluded that I'm going to do what the hell I like. There are places I want to go, things I need to see. There are people I need to meet, and things I need to fix. So covid or not, I'm not having any of this bollox standing in my way. I told my last couple of employees today that I'm going to shut the firm down in March, so they have 3 months notice. One of the guys was actually thinking of going back home sometime near spring so he didn't mind. Financially I'm ok, and will be for a wee while, so I'm very lucky that money won't be an issue.

I've had enough of all this bullshit. Enough of it. I find myself silently shaking my head a lot these days. I can't even be arsed to vocalise my disgust at the position, we, humanity, finds itself. Oh, and before somebody may raise the question, Yes, I do blame myself too. I'd never really had the balls to stand up and be counted, not really, so that it matters.

So there we go.

That's where I'm at. P*ssed Off, Disgusted, Sick to the back teeth of it all. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more.

How is your day going? :-)

What are your thoughts, looking ahead??

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dear Reader For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2020), Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Octopus Garden (18th December 2020), Wind (19th December 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My thoughts and outlook are not nearly so exciting.

I'll have to travel across the country again. I'll be dealing with work on my house and there will be lots of stuff being either packed away or given away or some such related to that work.

I'll be trying to figure out the soonest and safest way to see our son. Ideally, it would be to go where he lives and nature is on steroids. I refer to Wyoming.

If we make it through the year we'll be traveling abroad in the fall, depending on travel requirements.

In my country we have to deal with some folks who want some sort of civil war, which is supremely daft, imo.

Gardening is in the outlook for the spring as we have much more sunlight for that than we did last year. The bore beetle took out a bunch of ash trees.

Oh, and even more crazy weather will be happening. At this point I think that's just a given.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2020), Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dear Reader (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Octopus Garden (18th December 2020), Wind (19th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thank you DT.

I'm sure there will be aspects that will be exciting, just as sure as I am that parts of the future will be worrisome and uncertain. I've been thinking about travel too. I'm sure that there will be a two-tiered system in place in 2021 for travel, shopping, entertainment, etc, etc. Those that have the vax and those that do not. Those with, will be permitted to lead a as normal life as before...... No travel restrictions, attend gigs, shop, eat out, that sort of thing. I'm convinced that those who refuse the vax, for now, will not be permitted to travel freely, attend gigs, shop, blah-de-blah-de-blah..... I'm certain that that is how it'll go down for now.

Anyway, no point trying to second guess, will just have to roll the best we can in whatever circumstances present.

Wyoming. Has always interested me has Wyoming. From the first second I set my sights upon Devils Tower in Speilberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind it's a place I'd love to visit.

The weather is the weather. It is a system that is always in flux. I guess that we have been lucky, in that the weather system has been fairly stable for at least the last few hundreds of years. Has "Man" been the sole cause of the change? I'm not so sure. There's no doubt that since the industrial revolution massive amounts of carbon have been gasified into the system, carbon that was already in the system, but in a stable form, so that will not have helped. But is it the major cause?? Hmmmmmm....... Not 100% convinced. But, regardless, extreme weather does tend to f things up for us humans.

Good luck in whatever you do.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dear Reader For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2020), Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Octopus Garden (18th December 2020), Wind (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dear Reader View Post
    The weather is the weather. It is a system that is always in flux. I guess that we have been lucky, in that the weather system has been fairly stable for at least the last few hundreds of years. Has "Man" been the sole cause of the change? I'm not so sure. There's no doubt that since the industrial revolution massive amounts of carbon have been gasified into the system, carbon that was already in the system, but in a stable form, so that will not have helped. But is it the major cause?? Hmmmmmm....... Not 100% convinced. But, regardless, extreme weather does tend to f things up for us humans.
    Methane ─ as a result of fossil fuel production and consumption, and the consumerism involving plastic pollution ─ has probably played a far more incisive role on the climate than carbon dioxide.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (18th December 2020), Dear Reader (18th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Octopus Garden (18th December 2020), Wind (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    Well in there.

I like to be corrected by those that know of what they talk.

Yes, methane. Remember the statement from some bizzy-boddy group that all the World's climate problems were down to cows and their flatulence. Whether bovine or human, one of them was talking shite.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dear Reader For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Wind (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dear Reader (19th December 2020), Dreamtimer (18th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Wind (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    The methane risk has forms in deep sea methane, methane being released from permafrost thaw, and other sources.

CO2 has reached near saturation of the ocean sink. After that more remains in the atmosphere. The sliming of the ocean would not be good. The loss of reefs certainly isn't good.

Weather is obviously the small picture and climate is the big one. As the climate changes the weather becomes more unstable. And it's true that we've been in a kind of Goldilocks weather era.

Humans could be affecting climate. To me the question is more one of degree. Are we just a little more push here and there? Can our activities be a catalyst for larger or sudden change?

Thing is, even when we know trouble is on the horizon (be it economic, health related, weather) we often fail to address it. So by the time folks take climate change seriously, it will be because the problems are undeniable and unavoidable and basically un-ignorable.

I taught my son that people don't change until they are forced to. And some just perish in their refusal. And sometimes miracles happen.

In any case, I intend to live my life as best I can, knowing I've done my part for years to treat nature well, including how I use water.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dear Reader (19th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020), Kathy (19th December 2020), Wind (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    I don't even want to try to guess how the near or long term future might look like. There is hope and there is dread if I'm being honest. I look for astrology to provide some answers and I can say that it is helpful, but it's still only a tool for navigating in the stormy seas of life.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th December 2020), Dear Reader (19th December 2020), Dreamtimer (19th December 2020), Elen (19th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (18th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thank you all for your responses thus far.

This, from Wind:

I don't even want to try to guess how the near or long term future might look like. There is hope and there is dread if I'm being honest. I look for astrology to provide some answers and I can say that it is helpful, but it's still only a tool for navigating in the stormy seas of life.
    I can relate to that first sentence especially. My kids are 27 and 26, my daughter being the oldest. Throughout their lives I've obviously spoken of how I feel, of what my views are of the "system", the system that governs us and my fears for how that system will evolve to control nearly every aspect of our lives. She has been more than capable to use her own intellect to see how this "system" is steadily and increasingly evolving to work against us, as a whole.

I feel a little guilty sometimes, because she has no plans on having children, or at least does not talk about wanting to have a family of her own, and I wonder if this is a direct result of what my feelings are? To be honest, I'd be scared sh*tless to bring children into this world as it is presently, and I wonder if that is a little too much on the conspiratorial side of things.

I mean, after all, life is what you make it, right?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dear Reader For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2020), Elen (20th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2020), Wind (19th December 2020)

Thanks
    Wow. Your kids are the same age as my son, Dear Reader. It's a great age. I found all of them to be great. I just wish I could see him more than once or twice a year.

The 'system' increasingly works against us, imo, because the folks with the money keep wanting more and more. There's never enough. They will continue to do so as long as possible. They are on one team. That is the team that keeps all the money. It doesn't have a name. It is elite.

Extremely rich people essentially live above the law. They do what they want. They control governments and corporations and large organizations. They try anyway.

This isn't a new idea to anyone here, I know. I doesn't matter who those individuals are because it's not one or two or eleven who are 'controlling everything'. It's everyone who has power and wants to keep it.

Sadly, many enablers will step in to help them. I don't know why, but then I've never understood sycophants. I don't get debasing oneself for a leader or very wealthy person. That makes no sense to me. Humans are not dogs. We're not pets. We shouldn't act like it. I suppose some folks think they'll get status or crumbs or something. But they sell their soul as far as I'm concerned.

But to fight or resist the super rich folks who just keep wanting more we have to organize. When we do, they take note and screw with that. In my country it's all about lots of money and political action committees and buying up the media to turn it into propaganda machines.

The truly maddening thing is when it's foreigners who come in and do it. But they don't care about my country. They care about their wealth and keeping it. So they will manipulate whomever will serve them. And since my country messes with so many others, it's a matter of what goes around comes around.

The outlook as far as that goes is the same. For me there's the added dynamic of a whole slew of regular folks who want to break things up here because they think they know better than most everyone else. It's a whole lot of hubris with a whole lot of short-term vision. I don't know why anyone would want to hand over the rest of the farm to the elites because of a family feud. But many do.

And so...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th December 2020), Dear Reader (20th December 2020), Elen (20th December 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th December 2020), Wind (19th December 2020)