Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Modwiz' Musings: Topical Discussion

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I've read a lot of transcripts of Assad interviews over the last few years, it's easy to see why he and Putin enjoy such mutual respect while western leaders are on the outside of that particular loop. By all accounts he was well on his way to reforming and modernizing his country when shtf, pity such secular leaders in the Muslim world are so hard to control or cajole or coerce that we simply cannot tolerate them in our arrogance. How dare they have a backbone and stand up for what's right for their people while we barely comprehend the culture and history from which they emanate.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

161803398 (28th July 2016), Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (15th July 2016), bsbray (15th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (15th July 2016), Elen (15th July 2016), modwiz (14th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    I've read a lot of transcripts of Assad interviews over the last few years, it's easy to see why he and Putin enjoy such mutual respect while western leaders are on the outside of that particular loop. By all accounts he was well on his way to reforming and modernizing his country when shtf, pity such secular leaders in the Muslim world are so hard to control or cajole or coerce that we simply cannot tolerate them in our arrogance. How dare they have a backbone and stand up for what's right for their people while we barely comprehend the culture and history from which they emanate.
    I could not agree more. Wahhabism, the apostate corruption of Islam, was promoted by the British when they recognized the Saud royalty and gave them a country to rule. The Western branch of Christianity wants Islam to be a backward medieval culture. It was Islam and their keeping the knowledge of the pagan philosophers and scientists that lifted a backward Roman church out its Dark Age. The continuum of science and arts had been burned or carted away to the Vatican and sometimes kept in monasteries. It was laso the British and their Balfour act that put Israel on the map and created a hornet's nest of people for the area.

Secular Arab leaders are their worst nightmare because they allow their people to come into the modern world. Saddam's modern highways are what allowed troop movements and tanks to all of the important areas of Iraq, at full speed. No plowing through sand or poor roads to get there. They allowed the Shah not only because he was one of theirs but, Persians are not Arabs. It seems to be the Arabs that they hate. Especially moderate secular ones.
    Last edited by modwiz, 15th July 2016 at 00:07.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (15th July 2016), bsbray (15th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (15th July 2016), Elen (15th July 2016), PurpleLama (15th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Barely comprehend... I fear a good portion of my fellow Americans don't even understand the difference between Persians and Arabs and don't know (or care) which countries are Persian.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (15th July 2016), bsbray (15th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Elen (15th July 2016), modwiz (15th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Barely comprehend... I fear a good portion of my fellow Americans don't even understand the difference between Persians and Arabs and don't know (or care) which countries are Persian.
    There is only one Persian country. Iran, known historically as Persia. It is a civilization with thousands of years of history and culture. Persian rugs have been sought after for centuries and are some of the finest in the world. Also, the best pistachios are from Iran. Pistachio lovers found that out when years of sanctions consigned them to California grown ones.

One cannot be part of the world without knowing their place in it and who their many neighbors are. The big players are a required minimum. The globalists are counting on people being estranged to one another and many populations ignorantly comply.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (15th July 2016), bsbray (15th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (15th July 2016), Elen (15th July 2016)

Thanks
    Got this off of Zerohedge. A reporter gets cut off as she critiques Hillary at a talk she was covering. CNN don't play that.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (15th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (15th July 2016), Elen (15th July 2016), JRS (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    I would call this major breaking news. Erdogan has clearly been seen for the unstable man he is. This should be interesting.

Turkey army says has taken power over country

The Turkish military says it has fully seized control of the country and that the rule of law must remain a priority.

"The power in the country has been seized in its entirety," said a military statement read on NTV television, without giving further details.

The statement went on to say that the military aims to "reinstall the constitutional order, democracy, human rights and freedoms," and "to ensure that the rule of law once again reigns in the country, for the law and order to be reinstated."

"All international agreements and commitments will remain. We pledge that good relations with all world countries will continue," the military statement added.
    http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/07/15/...a-terror-attck

It does appear that it is/was an attempted coup by certain elements within the army. Reports are still coming out.
    Last edited by modwiz, 15th July 2016 at 23:04.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), enjoy being (15th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,685 Times in 2,094 Posts
    "presstv.ir/Detail/2016/07/15/475362/Turkey-gunfire-Ankara-terror-attck"

Magnifies on "terror-attck" as a pedant, and surmises that it is present in the address as some form of metadata relationship or personal pigeon-holing system of the website administrator.

Either way the use, as an aside I suppose, paints a telling picture in relation to the power of the genre. Dramatic thrillers in the public arena. The genre that supersedes reality TV.

Not anything new though, it just changes to move with the times.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to enjoy being For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 1,040 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    I could not agree more. Wahhabism, the apostate corruption of Islam, was promoted by the British when they recognized the Saud royalty and gave them a country to rule. The Western branch of Christianity wants Islam to be a backward medieval culture. It was Islam and their keeping the knowledge of the pagan philosophers and scientists that lifted a backward Roman church out its Dark Age. The continuum of science and arts had been burned or carted away to the Vatican and sometimes kept in monasteries. It was also the British and their Balfour act that put Israel on the map and created a hornet's nest of people for the area.
    Whilst I was in Israel, i listened to the BBC broadcasts in Jordan on the radio - in English. They gave small excerpts from Arabic history, often about the works studied in the Universities there. These were mind bogling to me - the greatness they achieved back in the days of before and after the 10th Century, you will not learn in Australian schools. They were so advanced in medicine, astronomy, maths and so on and their Universities from those times must have left a wealth on knowledge we are only still catching up on. These were not people who spent all day learning the Koran off by heart, they were true philosophers and world leaders in the greatest knowledge of our time. Places like Timbuctoo, on the trade routes were renowned in their day for the scholars from their Universities, whilst the west floundered in Catholicism, so remote from this type of real learning. I spent quite some time in those days within the Church, and all it has brought me is a pile of agony which I am still trying to purge from my system and memories.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cearna For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I have to admit I'm pretty pumped about what's going on in Turkey right now. I almost wish I could be there to watch it unfold. This will be the beginning of major, major changes in the Middle East. The CIA has lost in its effort to finish destabilizing the Middle East. Assad looks like he will remain in power. Erdogan is out. Saudi Arabia will likely be the next regime to go. The Rothschild puppet Netanyahu better watch his ass, because these are all his partners in crime (CIA and Erdogan I mean).

Speaking of the Rothschilds, last I heard they were running from problems of their own in Europe, with indictments for financial crimes and infighting between family members.

US elections this fall and French elections next spring look promising as well.
    Last edited by bsbray, 16th July 2016 at 03:33.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Well now Erdogan is saying he's back in control and that the coup failed.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by bsbray View Post
    Well now Erdogan is saying he's back in control and that the coup failed.

Yes, it would appear that way. With this and Nice happening going into the weekend, it should take the released 9/11 documents about Saudi involvement out of the news cycle. It was watered down but any conversation about it, and who know what and when, could leave people filling in gaps. It is my guess, that at least the Turkish "coup" was likely some paid stooges of the Outhouse of Saud to ensure the 9/11 papers stay out of the Sunday talk shows.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I read the redacted pages, with any reference to Mossad removed....
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (16th July 2016), Cearna (16th July 2016), Dreamtimer (16th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    It is my guess, that at least the Turkish "coup" was likely some paid stooges of the Outhouse of Saud to ensure the 9/11 papers stay out of the Sunday talk shows.
    That could very well have been the case, since this coup went out with a whimper and now Erdogan is in a position to crack down on his rivals even more. Then these events would be serving multiple purposes, as both distraction from Saudi Arabia and pretext for more authoritarian measures in Turkey. The MSM is already reporting that some people think Erdogan could have even staged the whole thing just as a pretext to clamp down even more, but who knows anymore.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), Cearna (20th July 2016), Dreamtimer (17th July 2016), Elen (16th July 2016), modwiz (16th July 2016), PurpleLama (18th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    I read the redacted pages, with any reference to Mossad removed....
    The papers were really heavily redacted and posed little threat to anyone as released. I am thinking that anyone musing outside the box is where the paranoia lie. When one is in that mental state it is almost hallucinatory and one operates from a different reality that most would assume.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th July 2016), Aragorn (16th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (20th July 2016), Dreamtimer (17th July 2016), Elen (17th July 2016), PurpleLama (18th July 2016)

Thanks
    I had to post this. Besides being topical there is the name of the location that is beyond synchronicity. I will underline and bold it in the quote.

US university not to host presidential debate, citing security concerns

A university in the US state of Ohio has decided to scrap plans to host a presidential debate, saying it is concerned about security as “things have changed” since they made the decision.

Scheduled for September 26, the debate was supposed to be held in Wright State University’s Nutter Center, but its president said Tuesday he had changed his mind, according o the university’s news website.

“We were fully aware of the challenges and were prepared to meet them when we decided to host the debate, but things have changed,” said Wright State President David R. Hopkins.
    With a name like that, it may be a good idea to not hold the debate there.

http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/07/19/...ohio-terrorism
    Last edited by modwiz, 19th July 2016 at 21:25.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th July 2016), bsbray (19th July 2016), Cearna (20th July 2016)