Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Modwiz' Musings: Topical Discussion

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    ,I was just listening to Grant Morrison talking about magic and making sigils. Perhaps it's time to design one around the desired election outcomes. No doubt we need some good magic.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Elen (6th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    ,I was just listening to Grant Morrison talking about magic and making sigils. Perhaps it's time to design one around the desired election outcomes. No doubt we need some good magic.
    I have that show/interview downloaded to my desktop to listen to, when the time presents itself. Some magic could help, IMO. Desired election outcomes would be one application. A more engaged and informed populace could be another.

Last edited by modwiz, 6th July 2016 at 16:50.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,393 Times in 1,104 Posts
    I will decline to perform any magic specifically in reference to political matters, the temptation to reach farther than I should into the dark side would surely be more than I could bear.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by PurpleLama View Post
    I will decline to perform any magic specifically in reference to political matters, the temptation to reach farther than I should into the dark side would surely be more than I could bear.
    I also decline. Just being agreeable to the suggestions of others with subtle hints that people, and their consciousness, are key to changing things for the better.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), PurpleLama (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Tony "Blood-Stained" Blair saying the Iraq war was a good thing. In his circle of psychopaths that statement is very likey "truth". For the people of that country and the Middle East at large, it is smack in the face, a kick in the ass and then peeing on them for good measure. That is, it is a disgusting statement.

Just look at this face and body English.

In response to the report, Blair said Wednesday that he accepts “full responsibility” for the decision, admitting that the invasion was based on wrong intelligence.

He expressed sorrow for the death of thousands of people, adding, however, that “the world was and is in my judgment a better place without Saddam Hussein.”
    http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/07/06/...S-Iraq-Chilcot
    Last edited by modwiz, 6th July 2016 at 18:11.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), DNA (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    I've noticed personally that when I'm emotionally wrapped up in politics and let it "get to me," things only seem to get worse. When I stop watching and feeding into all of that rat race with my emotions, and focus on more positive things instead, is when things seem to start dissolving on their own and I get news of things like a peace deal with Iran or certain legislation I don't like being shot down in Congress. I really do think that the emotional energy we put out is getting mirrored back to us as individuals. How this translates from a personal scale to millions of people I don't know, though I've always wondered about that, because it seems to be a very personal and, yes, "magical" kind of thing.

Somebody brought up Veterans Today and even though I think they put out a lot of good information, there are some pretty blatant signs that it is also a controlled (ie mis or disinformation) source. A look at Gordon Duff's impossible and ever-changing biography over the years is enough to establish that. He's supposedly a 100% disabled Vietnam vet who's also (since the war) worked with the Federal Reserve, mercenary types in the Middle East, and a big laundry list of other nonsense that has changed several times over the last few years. I personally think it's a Pentagon-backed information source, even aside from the obvious name of the place, "Veterans Today."

Anyway the reason I bring that up is because they have turned on the evils of Israel in recent months, which I think is a good thing to draw attention to, but they have also been pushing the Khazarian thing, that the Israeli government is run by pseudo-Jews who are actually descendants of the Khazarians, who were baby-eaters and all the rest.

While I was digging through New Chronology research lately I came across the fact that the Magyars were one of the peoples living across the Urals independently of the Romanovs, and at some point they had pushed far enough into eastern Europe that their culture and linguistic influences are still present in Hungary today (linguistic influences that tie to the Sumerians no less, which is a huge anachronism). Well the Magyars were also affiliated with the Khazars, who have been totally demonized by the conspiracy community based on the conventional historical narrative. When I saw that the Khazars were one of the nations brutalized by Europeans (probably Germans ultimately) pushing into their territory, I had to suspend my beliefs about the Khazars until I am able to gather more information.

So in other words I would recommend a suspension in judgment on who the Khazars were and how they tie into current events, because this is another area where conventional history has some massive problems and there is a lot of whitewash going on. I notice that "TPTB" tend to take their worst faults and blame them on their enemies, kind of like how Hitler is the most evil man that ever lived despite the fact that our ally Joseph Stalin killed 3x as many innocent people even by the conventional western account of WW2. How accurate any of those numbers are is another subject but even by their own story Stalin should be the bigger monster just by the numbers alone. There seem to be lots of examples of blame-shifting throughout history.

He expressed sorrow for the death of thousands of people, adding, however, that “the world was and is in my judgment a better place without Saddam Hussein.”
    The world would be a better place without Tony Blair too. Though at least Saddam kept western-backed terrorists out of his country, something that you can't say about the new puppet government of Iraq.
    Last edited by bsbray, 6th July 2016 at 18:20.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), Greenbarry (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016), PurpleLama (6th July 2016)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    bsbray, you said, "I've noticed personally that when I'm emotionally wrapped up in politics and let it "get to me," things only seem to get worse. When I stop watching and feeding into all of that rat race with my emotions, and focus on more positive things instead, is when things seem to start dissolving on their own and I get news of things like a peace deal with Iran or certain legislation I don't like being shot down in Congress. I really do think that the emotional energy we put out is getting mirrored back to us as individuals. How this translates from a personal scale to millions of people I don't know, though I've always wondered about that, because it seems to be a very personal and, yes, "magical" kind of thing."

This is so much like what Grant was talking about. In his writings he crafted a hero who had several bad things befall him. Then Grant, himself, began having very similar bad experiences. In another instance, he had broken up with a girlfriend and decided he wanted a woman who looked like a character he had developed. He soon found himself with about ten women in his life who looked just like this character but he couldn't deal with/relate to any of them.

This is when he began to make efforts to manifest more positive things. Magic indeed.

My idea of a sigil would be directed towards a positive desire/outcome. I wouldn't try to use negative or destructive energies.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    We can never be entirely sure what energies we are drawing upon in the creation of constructs, the impetus which arrives into such construction is drawn from the very depths of the psyche.
    Sometimes God shines his magic light beam from outer space, and it works in mysterious ways.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    The bolded portion is integral to the overall statement.

To paraphrase the master, pray for your enemies and for those who spitefully use you, as such is like heaping coals of fire upon their head. When such is accomplished from a child like heart, no harm or danger can be found for the practitioner, but those who work evil will find their energies working at cross purposes, cancellation or confusion being the result.

May Hillary be the first woman president, and the first removed for mental illness that her handlers can not even contain. Such is the /ahem, love I have for that woman. I myself will proceed with extreme caution when engaging in such a matter. My brand of magic isn't for everyone, possibly for none but my self.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,648 Times in 2,895 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    This is so much like what Grant was talking about. In his writings he crafted a hero who had several bad things befall him. Then Grant, himself, began having very similar bad experiences. In another instance, he had broken up with a girlfriend and decided he wanted a woman who looked like a character he had developed. He soon found himself with about ten women in his life who looked just like this character but he couldn't deal with/relate to any of them.
    We can never be entirely sure what energies we are drawing upon in the creation of constructs, the impetus which arrives into such construction is drawn from the very depths of the psyche.
    All of this is why I don't try to impose my will on the universe on some grand scale. Even though I might think I know better sometimes, I'm not smarter than creation itself and the less I try to interfere with things the better they seem to turn out on their own. But I do have a kind of belief or even intention in the back of my mind, that everything works out for the greater good of all, whatever that may look like. "Hands-off" seems to work better for everything from gardening to relationships with people, even stuff to do with inanimate objects.

I'm having deja vu right now. Interesting. Have I posted this before?

I was weeding my potato bed and we had some hot days, and some of my potato plants dried up and died. But others, where I hadn't weeded, grew over and laid down on the weeds, which I guess helped cool them and keep them moist, and they're the ones that survived. So I'm getting so hands-off that I'm having to reconsider even how I weed my garden. Nature seems to have its own way of things.

About Hillary -- that might be the best thing for the US. Have 4 or 8 years of Hillary and the next time we have a shot at an anti-establishment candidate you know we're going to vote them in, even if it's a bum off the street. Well, at least if we survive the nuclear war over Iran.
    Last edited by bsbray, 6th July 2016 at 18:54.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bsbray For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016), PurpleLama (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Exactly, bsbray, you don't impose your will on universe. Such is possibly the greatest fallacy of the sorcerer.

To add, some relationships appreciate the, um, hands on approach.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th July 2016), bsbray (9th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (6th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016), modwiz (6th July 2016)

Thanks
    Afghan president welcomes Obama'a decision on troops number

One may have heard of Obummer's decision to keep USA troops at 8,400. 3,000 more than promised last year. Of course the USA taxpayer picks up the tab. Since we have heard no protests about that, we have to assume consent, at some unspoken level If we take a good look at this Western dressed "dandy" we will see he is not living small and has scant resources for funding his own country's defense.

Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has welcomed US President Barack Obama's decision to maintain the bulk of American troops in Afghanistan.

“[I] welcome President Obama's decision on keeping 8,400 troops" in Afghanistan, said Ghani in a message posted on his official Twitter account on Wednesday.

"It shows continued partnership between our nations to pursue our common interests," he added.
    Especially wearing nice suits.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th July 2016), bsbray (9th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (7th July 2016), Elen (7th July 2016)

Thanks
    Two black men killed by police in two days with the usual attendant outrage (not to denigrate such justified emotional reactions) provides a nice distraction to the FBI/Hillary debacle of Tuesday morning.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th July 2016), bsbray (9th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Dreamtimer (7th July 2016), Elen (8th July 2016), modwiz (7th July 2016)

Thanks
    So anyone care to venture a guess as to how much ruckus (shootings, etc) will go on to keep the attention off of campaings and congressional hearings and such?

Officers were shot in Dallas, this evening.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PurpleLama For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2016), bsbray (9th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Elen (8th July 2016), modwiz (8th July 2016)

Thanks
    So anyone care to venture a guess as to how much ruckus (shootings, etc) will go on to keep the attention off of campaings and congressional hearings and such?

Officers were shot in Dallas, this evening.
    The shootings, and beatings, will continue until morale improves.

Now, on a seriouser note. I do believe this is both a distraction from what you mention and an excuse for gun-grabbing and police snipers at any protest, replete with their new military vehicles. This could be a very long hot Summer, if we make it through.

NATO is provoking the bear in Eastern Europe and WWlll could begin without anyone noticing until electricity and internet go down. I sense something that escapes "sight". Something better than things look at this fluid moment. Though that 'something' feels behind some more chaos yet to unfold.
    Last edited by modwiz, 8th July 2016 at 06:30.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2016), bsbray (9th July 2016), Cearna (8th July 2016), Elen (8th July 2016)